PDA

View Full Version : Wacken 2015

Spiner202
08-02-2014, 07:53 AM
Savatage is back. I can't believe it's actually happening, but they're reuniting.

While the 25th W:O:A is still running, we’re already working on the program for the next year. By now we can already announce 15 bands!

The presale for 2015 starts in the night from Sunday, 3rd of August to Monday, 4th of August at Midnight (German time) – exclusively at Metaltix.com! All important information regarding this topic will follow in another news here at Wacken.com.

TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA and SAVATAGE – only live shows in Europe in 2015!

Paul O´Neill and Jon Oliva are coming to W:O:A with their most important projects!

Trans-Siberian Orchestra will be performing live on stage at Wacken 2015, followed immediately by a Savatage reunion gig, that also marks their first live performance in over a decade.

Furthermore, these will be the only live appearances of both bands in Europe in 2015!

Running Wild
Time to sail under Jolly Roger again – Running Wild are back! Since their show in 2009, the band hasn’t played in Wacken anymore. But now it is time for Rock ´n´Rolf to return to the North!

In Flames
The melodic death metal juggernaut In Flames will return to Wacken in 2015! Next to their old hits, they will also bring their new album Siren Charms to the holy land – get ready for an explosive show!

In Extremo
Always highly welcome in Wacken and well known for their intensive performance – the Medieval themed In Extremo are going to hit the stage again!

U.D.O. – special Orchestra show
Udo Dirkschneider and his companions will travel with a huge luggage – the orchestra of the German armed forces will play with them in Wacken!

Sabaton
The Swedish whizkids Sabaton will again perform a spectacular show – and they have just released their new album Heroes!

Amorphis – Special “Tales From The Thousand Lakes” Show
Two years after they performed their acoustic set in Wacken, Amorphis will return with another special show. This time they will perform their legendary death metal masterpiece Tales From The Thousand Lakes!

Death Angel
After the thrash metal band was forced to cancel this year’s W:O:A performance, we could manage to get them for 2015 instead. Their last record, Dream Calls for Blood, was released last year and is the seventh studio album so far.

Powerwolf
The wolves return to Wacken – after the amazing show at W:O:A 2013, the band will again perform their unholy power metal Mass.

Ensiferum
The folk/viking metal band Ensiferum prepares the longships for the sailing to Wacken. They will play their fourth W:O:A show!

Kataklysm
Get ready for Northern Hyperblasts! The death metal band Kataklysm comes to Wacken for the third time. In the meantime, they released two new albums, so there is enough new material for a neck breaking show!

Cannibal Corpse
Death metal returns! Cannibal corpse will shake the holy land with their new album A Skeletal Domain. It will be the sixth W:O:A performance for the band, but the last one was already a few years ago.

Sepultura
The most important metal export of Brazil will rock Wacken for the third time. In their off time, they released the 13th studio album, called The Mediator Between Head And Hands Must Be The Heart.

Thyrfing
Back in 2003, the viking metal band Thyrfing played in Wacken – and now it they will finally return!

Absolutely unbelievable lineup. I can't go in 2015, but I'd give almost anything to be able to.

TheWildAndTheYoung
08-02-2014, 08:08 AM
:drool: Does this mean a possible Savatage reunion tour? If so, I'm in.

Steev
08-02-2014, 08:19 AM
:drool: Does this mean a possible Savatage reunion tour? If so, I'm in.

It did say "only live show in Europe", seems to imply they'll play elsewhere

TheWildAndTheYoung
08-02-2014, 12:12 PM
Do we know what the Savatage lineup is yet?

Spiner202
08-02-2014, 12:32 PM
Do we know what the Savatage lineup is yet?

No word yet other than John Oliva. I'd imagine Chris Caffery, but the real question for me is whether Zak Stevens will be there.

Also decided I'll be going. Going to order my ticket when they become available tomorrow night.

Onioner
08-02-2014, 03:06 PM
If Zak Stevens ain't there, I'm not down. I'm in the camp that fucking hates Jon Oliva's voice but Zak man, he sounds so epic all the damn time.

mankvill
08-02-2014, 03:25 PM
Nothing too amazing here so far.

Spiner202
08-02-2014, 03:55 PM
If Zak Stevens ain't there, I'm not down. I'm in the camp that fucking hates Jon Oliva's voice but Zak man, he sounds so epic all the damn time.

I do think Zak is the better singer, and other than Hall of the Mountain King, I prefer Zak's albums. With that said, Oliva is the heart and soul of Savatage, and, along with Criss, always has been. Even on the albums he didn't sing on, he either wrote a lot of the material or was involved somehow.

No love for Savatage or Running Wild? While Running Wild certainly isn't special for Wacken, that's pretty much the only place they'll play these days.

mankvill
08-02-2014, 08:49 PM
Running Wild is pretty cool. So is Thyrfing.

kalfitegrdan
08-03-2014, 12:23 AM
Amorphis performing all of their best album?! Fuck, that would be so awesome.

treghet
08-04-2014, 02:57 AM

Keep in mind you're reading the Wacken thread, not MDF or Hellfest. ;)

treghet
08-04-2014, 03:00 AM
Amorphis performing all of their best album?! Fuck, that would be so awesome.

That's the only thing that's interesting here.

As for Running Wild, do people actually want to see Rolf shit all over his legacy again?

Spiner202
08-04-2014, 06:51 AM
It already sold out.

Luckily I'll be going :D

Sanitarium78
08-04-2014, 10:06 AM
I think Savatage needs to have Zak Stevens with them for this and any other reunion gigs they might do. I do like Jon's voice even though he sings like someone with a mental disorder. I'm not sure how well either of their voices are holding up live these days but having two vocalists will help both of their performances be better.

Steev
08-04-2014, 11:33 AM
Dammit to Hell always selling out

Spiner202
09-19-2014, 01:54 PM
5 new bands:

Judas Priest
Rob Zombie
The Bosshoss (why do these guys play so often?)
Khold
Black Label Society

I've always wanted to see Priest, but never wanted to shell out the cash for it. This is pretty much the perfect solution for me! I'm even more pumped now :D

Maideneer
09-19-2014, 02:05 PM
Khold

More interesting and awesome than most of everything!

Spiner202
11-30-2014, 03:42 PM
The Advent Calendar has begun! First two new bands:

Angra
Stratovarius

An awesome start! The lineup is already hugely stacked and this is so great. I love Stratovarius and have never seen them. While I'm not the biggest Angra fan, I'm definitely going to start collecting their records so I can see them here! Usually the advent calendar has 1, maybe 2 good bands a week, so to start out with two good ones is awesome.

ravenheart
11-30-2014, 04:04 PM
The line-up is kind of odd so far this year. Obviously a long way to go, but apart from Savatage they've got nothing that could even be considered uncommon in Europe, let alone rare or special. Very boring line-up thus far. I'm sure they've got some gems up their sleeves, but still, if this line-up were anywhere else it wouldn't have come close to selling out yet like this has.

Spiner202
11-30-2014, 04:20 PM
The line-up is kind of odd so far this year. Obviously a long way to go, but apart from Savatage they've got nothing that could even be considered uncommon in Europe, let alone rare or special. Very boring line-up thus far. I'm sure they've got some gems up their sleeves, but still, if this line-up were anywhere else it wouldn't have come close to selling out yet like this has.

Kinda agreed about Savatage, but I think Running Wild, irrespective of personal opinions about their current music, is a big deal. It's their first show in 6 years, and even if we have to suffer through Rolf and the Boyz making some noize, we'll still get to hear Riding the Storm, Under Jolly Roger, and all sorts of classics. No other festival in Europe can say that.

But with that said, the lineup is still pretty awesome. If you live in Europe, you've probably seen all these wicked bands all the time. You can't force reunions on bands. At least the good:bad ratio is really high this time. Compared to 2012 and 2013, this lineup is so much better.

toolfansat
11-30-2014, 04:37 PM
It's funny how different TSO in Europe is from TSO here!

ravenheart
11-30-2014, 04:47 PM
It's funny how different TSO in Europe is from TSO here!

I absolutely want to see a TSO show in the US sometime. They're great when they come here, but I know the spectacle of it is nothing compared to the US ones.

toolfansat
11-30-2014, 05:36 PM
I absolutely want to see a TSO show in the US sometime. They're great when they come here, but I know the spectacle of it is nothing compared to the US ones.

Front row in 2 weeks! Always a great time!

Spiner202
12-09-2014, 07:40 PM
Last week worth of bands:

Alkbottel
Anaal Nathrakh
Armored Saint
Asrock
At the Gates
Baltic Sea Child
Biohazard
Cryptopsy
Epica
Exumer
Falconer
Godsized
Ill Nino
Kommando
Lord of the Lost
Samael - Ceremony of Opposites show
Shining
Skiltron
Subway to Sally
Teers For Beers
The Quireboys
Within Temptation

As always, lots of bad bands, but plenty of great ones as well. I'm really excited for Exumer and Armored Saint. I've also never explored Falconer, but this is a great time to do so. Will probably watch At The Gates, Epica, and maybe Biohazard and Samael. Any recommendations on where to start with all these bands?

mankvill
12-09-2014, 08:25 PM
Last week worth of bands:

Alkbottel
Anaal Nathrakh
Armored Saint
Asrock
At the Gates
Baltic Sea Child
Biohazard
Cryptopsy
Epica
Exumer
Falconer
Godsized
Ill Nino
Kommando
Lord of the Lost
Samael - Ceremony of Opposites show
Shining
Skiltron
Subway to Sally
Teers For Beers
The Quireboys
Within Temptation

As always, lots of bad bands, but plenty of great ones as well. I'm really excited for Exumer and Armored Saint. I've also never explored Falconer, but this is a great time to do so. Will probably watch At The Gates, Epica, and maybe Biohazard and Samael. Any recommendations on where to start with all these bands?

all of those bands suck dick except for Anaal Nathrakh. Listen to Pandemonic Hyperblast

300%_Density
12-09-2014, 08:49 PM
all of those bands suck dick except for Anaal Nathrakh. Listen to Pandemonic Hyperblast

The guy super excited about New Found Glory coming to Lawrence on his FB is not allowed to say At The Gates suck.

mankvill
12-09-2014, 08:54 PM
The guy super excited about New Found Glory coming to Lawrence on his FB is not allowed to say At The Gates suck.

dude only losers see At The Gates live

300%_Density
12-09-2014, 09:08 PM
dude only losers see At The Gates live

Yea the argument of seeing ATG vs NFG is the most absurd thing I've argued in awhile.

mankvill
12-09-2014, 09:27 PM
Yea the argument of seeing ATG vs NFG is the most absurd thing I've argued in awhile.

http://i.imgur.com/qxX2b4b.jpg

i took this blurry photo ya fukn nub :I

Spiner202
12-18-2014, 05:08 PM
More bands:

Ancient Bards
Black Spiders
Bloodbath
Blood Red Throne
Butcher Babies
Cradle of Filth
Crossplane
Danko Jones
Deadiron
Grailknights
Kvelertak
Mantar
My Dying Bride
New Model Army
Nuclear Assault
Opeth
Stoneman
The Answer
The Gentle Storm (Arjen Lucassen and Anneke van Giersbergen)
Truckfighters
Waltari

First off: NUCLEAR ASSAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!

With that out of the way, any opinions on bands to listen to here? I feel like I would like Bloodbath, but I've never listened to them. Same thing for Ancient Bards, Grailknights, and maybe Blood Red Throne. My Dying Bride would be cool to watch, but I don't think I would enjoy any of their albums.

Also, I picked up a couple of Falconer albums last night (the first one and the new one). I've only just finished with the first record, but I'm already sold. Will definitely be watching them.

The_jman
12-18-2014, 07:47 PM
start with epica's design your universe and probably the new one since you'll hear quite a bit of it because its new.

kalfitegrdan
12-19-2014, 06:38 AM
With that out of the way, any opinions on bands to listen to here?

I'm not sure that either would be quite your thing, but Kvelertak (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbrtS8E0kpY) and Truckfighters (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnMXxmdzfEI) are really good.