View Full Version : Unearth/Decapitated/Carnifex/Origin tour

anomynous
07-29-2014, 10:33 AM
11/05 West Hollywood, CA House Of Blues

What a waste of Decap & Origin

mankvill
07-29-2014, 10:37 AM
Top lel.

Does Carnifex even have an audience anymore?

mastodon421
07-29-2014, 11:34 AM
Carnifex sucks, but the rest of that lineup is tight. I'd love the chance to finally get to see Decapitated live.

MPF
07-29-2014, 11:53 AM
I love 3/4ths of the bands, so I'd go.

adamclark52
07-29-2014, 12:44 PM
I know Origins new album isn't that good...but really?

Ommie
07-29-2014, 12:48 PM
This sounds awesome.

Natrlhi
07-29-2014, 12:51 PM
I know Origins new album isn't that good...but really?

Yes it is. It's not their best, but it doesn't suck.

That said, their place on this lineup is utterly fucking ridiculous, so at least your main point is still valid.

anomynous
07-29-2014, 12:53 PM
Still not sure how Omnipresent supposedly sucks

adamclark52
07-29-2014, 01:10 PM
It's just not sitting with me as well as Entity or Echos of Decimation. And I don't know if the billing on the tour would be the order of the original post, but I think they should be be higher if it is.

anomynous
08-26-2014, 09:35 AM
Unearth confirmed the rumors surrounding their new album today. That Mark Lewis (DevilDriver, Whitechapel) produced effort will indeed be titled “Watchers Of Rule” and is scheduled for an October 28th release on eOne Music.

Accompanying the announcement is word of ‘The Hell Or High Wattage Tour‘, which will find the group paired with Darkest Hour, Carnifex, Origin, I, The Breather and Black Crown Initiate. Dates for that run include:

10/13 Montreal, QC- Les Foufounes Electriques
10/14 Ottawa, On – Mavericks
10/15 Toronto, ON – Opera House
10/16 Joliet, IL – Mojoes
10/17 Rochester, NY – Montage Music Hall
10/18 Worcester, MA – Palladium (‘Rock N’ Shock Festival‘) (no Black Crown Initiate)
10/19 New York, NY – Studio At Webster Hall
10/20 Springfield, VA – Empire
10/21 Covington, KY – Madison Theater
10/22 Winston-Salem, NC – Ziggy’s

300%_Density
08-26-2014, 09:39 AM
Downgrade

dcmetal108
08-26-2014, 09:46 AM
Oddest fucking tour lineup of the year.

LogicBomb
08-26-2014, 11:24 AM

Odder than Crowbar/Revocation/Fit for an Autopsy? Nah.

XDoomsayerX
08-26-2014, 11:45 AM

Aside from Origin not really bruh.

Ommie
08-26-2014, 12:07 PM
Really lame routing.

And it doesn't seem to include the show/line-up that's in the OP. Unearth is probably doing two back-to-back tours I bet (I hope).

MPF
08-26-2014, 12:30 PM
I know there was talks of this coming to Minnesota, I'm bummed that it's not. I dig this lineup a fuckload more than what the lineup for The Oncoming Storm tour was. Too bad they couldn't have done the whole album with these guys opening.

AnthG
08-26-2014, 12:55 PM
Kind of wish I didn't see them in April. This is a much better package. Though the Opera House wasn't all that well filled last time. Are they hoping this package has a better draw?

smearCampaign
08-26-2014, 12:56 PM
Dear Origin,

Please do a headlining tour with some legit death and grind bands. Thanks.

Signed,
Everyone under the fucking sun

MPF
08-26-2014, 12:59 PM
Dear Origin,

Signed,

Whats wrong with King Parrot and Beyond Creation?

:confused:

smearCampaign
08-26-2014, 01:17 PM
Whats wrong with King Parrot and Beyond Creation?

:confused:

It's not coming here

MPF
08-26-2014, 01:24 PM
It's not coming here

It didn't come by me either. I was planning a road trip to Iowa for it, then I realized I'd have to go to Iowa.

mastodon421
08-26-2014, 01:32 PM
Dear Origin,

Signed,

you're just mad that they're gonna get owned by Unearth on every night of this tour.

smearCampaign
08-26-2014, 01:33 PM
It didn't come by me either. I was planning a road trip to Iowa for it, then I realized I'd have to go to Iowa.

:lol: yeah, you don't want to do that

smearCampaign
08-26-2014, 01:35 PM
you're just mad that they're gonna get owned by Unearth on every night of this tour.

:lol: riiiiiiiight. Unearth. It is the year of 2004 tours, isn't it?

mankvill
08-26-2014, 01:48 PM

http://i60.tinypic.com/awonmh.jpg

300%_Density
08-26-2014, 01:50 PM
http://i60.tinypic.com/awonmh.jpg

Hey finally a pic that I understand!

OraclesofAgony
08-26-2014, 01:51 PM

lol, not a chance.

mastodon421
08-26-2014, 02:13 PM
Real talk: What is so special about Origin? I love tech death, but aside from Entity, they've never put out a record that is above decent, and they really aren't that good live.

OraclesofAgony
08-26-2014, 02:15 PM
Real talk: What is so special about Origin? I love tech death, but aside from Entity, they've never put out a record that is above decent, and they really aren't that good live.

Have you seen them perform with Jason Keyser?

anomynous
08-26-2014, 02:30 PM
Real talk: What is so special about Unearth? They've never put out a record that is above decent, and they really aren't that good live.

mankvill
08-26-2014, 02:36 PM
they've never put out a record that is above decent, and they really aren't that good live.

lol

Real talk: What is so special about Unearth? They've never put out a record that is above decent, and they really aren't that good live.

#shotsshooted

mastodon421
08-26-2014, 02:56 PM
Have you seen them perform with Jason Keyser?
Yep just them on Summer Slaughter. Don't get wrong, they have plenty of energy and far from terrible, but they come off as way too wanky and incoherent live to be really enjoyable to me.

lol good one. Unearth is special because they've put out consistently great albums over the course of their career, have one of the best vocalists in entire metal realm and have a special knacks for riffs and breakdowns that basically no other metalcore band has. Not to mention, they are a top-tier live act who have put on some of the most energetic and fun performances I've ever witnessed.

Lastly, Massachusetts>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kansas

mankvill
08-26-2014, 02:58 PM
>Unearth
>consistently good albums
>one of the best vocalists in the entire metal realm
>special knack for riffs that no other metalcore band has
>praising breakdowns
>over-the-top and energetic performances compared to Origin

i feel sorry for you having such bad taste

OraclesofAgony
08-26-2014, 03:27 PM
Yep just them on Summer Slaughter. Don't get wrong, they have plenty of energy and far from terrible, but they come off as way too wanky and incoherent live to be really enjoyable to me.

Then it all comes down to a matter of taste.

Origin blew me away when I saw them headline with Jason Keyser for the first time. I have since seen them five times (seven total, one without Jason) and they've never disappointed. Aside from Suffocation, they're easily the best live band I've seen.

Unearth is a decent band and they're good live, but I do not care for metalcore at all. I would never go out of my way to see Unearth live.

I will not be going to this just see Origin play 25-30 minutes. It makes me even more upset that their headliner with Beyond Creation isn't coming here.

kalfitegrdan
08-27-2014, 02:38 AM

lol good one. Unearth is special because they've put out consistently great albums over the course of their career, have one of the best vocalists in entire metal realm and have a special knacks for riffs and breakdowns that basically no other metalcore band has. Not to mention, they are a top-tier live act who have put on some of the most energetic and fun performances I've ever witnessed.

Lastly, Massachusetts>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kansas

I like Unearth and all, but best vocalist in metal? He's average at best.

Also, speaking of top tier live act and energetic performances, Jason Keyser dislocated his finger stage diving here last year and relocated it without missing a beat.