PDA

View Full Version : Halestorm - Fall US Tour

PVH5150
07-14-2014, 11:39 AM
Nov. 11 - Chattanooga, TN (Track 29)
Nov. 12 - Knoxville, TN (International)
Nov. 14 - Saint Petersburg, FL (Mahaffey Theater)
Nov. 15 - Fort Lauderdale, FL (Revolution)
Nov. 16 - Lake Buena Vista, FL (House of Blues)
Nov. 18 - Louisville, KY (Mercury Ballroom)
Nov. 20 - Green Bay, WI (Resch Center) *
Nov. 21 - Peoria, IL (Peoria Civic Center) *
Nov. 22 - Evansville, IN (Ford Center) *
Nov. 24 - Buffalo, NY (Town Ballroom)
Nov. 25 - Westbury, NY (Space @ Westbury)
Nov. 26 - Lancaster, PA (Freedom Hall)
Nov. 28 - Sayreville, NJ (Starland Ballroom)
Nov. 29 - Worcester, MA (Palladium)
Dec. 1 - Cincinnati, OH (Bogarts)
Dec. 4 - Wichita, KS (InTrust Bank Arena) *
Dec. 5 - Kansas City, MO (Sprint Center) *
Dec. 6 - Sioux Falls, SD (Sanford Center) *
Dec. 8 - Memphis, TN (Minglewood Hall)
Dec. 9 - Baton Rouge, LA (Varsity Theater)
Dec. 11 - Duluth, GA (Gwinnett Center) *
Dec. 12 - Greenville, SC (Bon Secours Wellness Arena) *
Dec. 13 - Birmingham, AL (BJCC Arena) *

* - opening for Eric Church

TheWildAndTheYoung
07-14-2014, 11:55 AM
* - opening for Eric Church

What the.....

MPF
07-14-2014, 11:57 AM
A mainstream artist opening for a mainstream artist, what's shocking about that?

moobys37
07-14-2014, 12:00 PM
Isn't Eric Church one of those arena country guys?

mankvill
07-14-2014, 12:07 PM

I think so. Apparently he's like the biggest guy that country music has had in a very long time, but I couldn't name any of his songs.

mastodon421
07-14-2014, 12:16 PM

Yep. He's actually considered to be an "outlaw" in mainstream country because he has a couple of songs that are over 5 minutes long (a.k.a he occasionally implores a more rock-based sound than the typical country-pop formula, which apparently makes him edgy in the sad world of modern country music.)

justinm4bama
07-14-2014, 03:28 PM
Man, Eric Church is all they play down here. It sucks....

TheWildAndTheYoung
07-14-2014, 06:51 PM
Man, Eric Church is all they play down here. It sucks....

You can say that again.....he's one of the worst of the country bunch to me.

TheWildAndTheYoung
07-14-2014, 06:56 PM
A mainstream artist opening for a mainstream artist, what's shocking about that?

Halestorm/Eric Church, what's NOT shocking about that? The chance of Eric Church fans digging Halestorm are slim I would believe, and vice verses. It is from my knowledge that country artists pick country artists to open for them pretty much 100% of the time (that's all I've ever seen on bills anyway), so to me this is very odd. It would make more sense if you had a southern influence, like Black Stone Cherry, but this to me is just odd. I would go for Halestorm and leave.

MPF
07-14-2014, 07:37 PM
Halestorm/Eric Church, what's NOT shocking about that? The chance of Eric Church fans digging Halestorm are slim I would believe, and vice verses. It is from my knowledge that country artists pick country artists to open for them pretty much 100% of the time (that's all I've ever seen on bills anyway), so to me this is very odd. It would make more sense if you had a southern influence, like Black Stone Cherry, but this to me is just odd. I would go for Halestorm and leave.

That's not shocking at all, both are Top 40 artists, they apparently like each others music. Their fanbase is honestly not different, it makes sense to me.

TheWildAndTheYoung
07-14-2014, 07:45 PM
That's not shocking at all, both are Top 40 artists, they apparently like each others music. Their fanbase is honestly not different, it makes sense to me.

Not different? I am obviously missing something here......

MPF
07-14-2014, 07:53 PM
Not different? I am obviously missing something here......

Have you heard Top 40 music lately? Pop, Rap, and Country are very interchangeable these days. Add a distorted guitar and you got what Halestorm sounds like now a days.

awoodz92
07-14-2014, 09:59 PM
I for one would kill to see Eric Church and Halestorm on the same night!

NickLed19
07-15-2014, 12:36 AM
Have you heard Top 40 music lately? Pop, Rap, and Country are very interchangeable these days. Add a distorted guitar and you got what Halestorm sounds like now a days.

This is very true.