PDA

View Full Version : Knot Fest 2014

Pages : [1] 2

Steev
07-05-2014, 01:51 PM
http://s29.postimg.org/vhjhr4307/image.jpg

mankvill
07-05-2014, 01:55 PM
If Danzig, Anthrax, Testament, Carcass, Black Dahlia and Maximum the Hormone all played on one day, that'd be the only day worth going to. A lot of shit bands on this.

why is Tech N9ne on this, he's awesome but no one wants to see him here

Steev
07-05-2014, 01:58 PM
If Danzig, Anthrax, Testament, Carcass, Black Dahlia and Maximum the Hormone all played on one day, that'd be the only day worth going to. A lot of shit bands on this.

I assume because of his connection to 5FDP. For real though this is what Mayhem should be like every year. I mean there's several bands here(Carcass, Danzig, Testament) that clearly aren't there to cater to the Slipknot fanbase.

slapguitarer
07-05-2014, 02:05 PM
lol

elturtleboy
07-05-2014, 02:07 PM
If Danzig and Carcass play the same day ill try to go. If not then meh

Steev
07-05-2014, 02:16 PM
I'm assuming at this point Slipknot headlines all 3 days, also feel like MAYBE they might do an East Coast version(wishful thinking)

mankvill
07-05-2014, 02:17 PM
I'm assuming at this point Slipknot headlines all 3 days, also feel like MAYBE they might do an East Coast version(wishful thinking)

why would you wish for seeing slipknot 1 time, let alone 3

Steev
07-05-2014, 02:21 PM
why would you wish for seeing slipknot 1 time, let alone 3

Nobody else is big enough to headline(maybe 5FDP) also with that lineup I'd see them 3 days straight

slapguitarer
07-05-2014, 02:22 PM
I'm surprised they're spreading it across more than 1 day, let alone 3.

Steev
07-05-2014, 02:27 PM
I'm surprised they're spreading it across more than 1 day, let alone 3.

So am I, especially when it's a month after After Shock. There's gotta be close to 20 rock festivals that are 2 or more days now.

slapguitarer
07-05-2014, 02:29 PM
So am I, especially when it's a month after After Shock. There's gotta be close to 20 rock festivals that are 2 or more days now.

:bouville:

Steev
07-05-2014, 02:37 PM
:bouville:

Rock on the Range, Aftershock, Welcome to Rockville, Epicenter, etc. There's also the trendier stuff like Firefly but the hell with that.

adamclark52
07-05-2014, 03:02 PM
I finally heard King 810 on the radio the other day. That was some bad shit right there.

Steev
07-05-2014, 03:11 PM
I finally heard King 810 on the radio the other day. That was some bad shit right there.

I saw them at Rock on the Range, terrible doesn't even begin to describe

MPF
07-05-2014, 03:12 PM
I'm taking this all with a HUGE grain of salt:

http://www.wolverinekills.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Knotfest.jpg

Steev
07-05-2014, 03:15 PM
It's all over twitter, the banner is up at Mayhem Fest today and many people are posting

TonyD
07-05-2014, 03:42 PM

:lol:

mankvill
07-05-2014, 03:42 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mankvill
07-05-2014, 03:45 PM
http://i59.tinypic.com/nvccqq.jpg

300%_Density
07-05-2014, 04:14 PM

I'm upgrading this to 6 lol's

adamclark52
07-05-2014, 04:25 PM
I saw them at Rock on the Range, terrible doesn't even begin to describe

I usually make it through an entire song, shit I even make it through Butcher Babies for lol'z. But that shit go turned off.

Nater
07-05-2014, 05:47 PM

Tech is a big Slipknot fan and I assume they are fans of him as well also there is a bit of a Juggalo crossover in there somewhere. Atleast up here there is with Slipknot.

ravenheart
07-05-2014, 05:50 PM
Oh hey look, another festival with all of exactly the same bands as the others.

dcmetal108
07-05-2014, 06:04 PM
thats a pretty damn solid lineup.

Really shocked they aren't pushing Atreyu higher for their "reunion"

300%_Density
07-05-2014, 06:26 PM
Overall this isn't too bad and is still better than Mayhem as a whole. The smaller bands on the bottom are terrible as usual but you show up late it's not a bad festival.

If Slipknot does 3 nights I wonder if maybe they'd do like S/t, Iowa & maybe Volume 3 or All Hope Is Gone in their entirety otherwise that would be a stale set by day 3. 3 nights of Wait & Bleed would just be awful.

Dextrimental
07-05-2014, 06:57 PM
I'm guessing each night will be one of the three in full to fully vary it, then a couple of new songs and other stuff. New album should at least be titled and on the horizon by that stage.

MPF
07-05-2014, 07:11 PM
In all seriousness, I am bummed this isn't coming to Somerset, WI again because I had a great time taken pictures for that show. I would actually go if it was close, but since it's 2 time zones away, I'll be stay homing for that one.

DisposableJustice
07-05-2014, 10:00 PM
Too far away and more than likely too expensive....but if they were smart they would at least play Iowa in full, now that would make me consider going

I hope they do a full NA tour once the album comes out or before, say what you will about Slipknot but they were fun to watch live when I saw them on Mayhem Fest 2012

Steev
07-05-2014, 10:52 PM
Slipknot will do 2 nights, the first night will be a pre show "party"

mankvill
07-05-2014, 11:06 PM
guys

6 bands out of at least 33 does not a good festival make. it doesn't even make it decent. maybe i'm just spoiled because i've been to MDF, but have some god damn self-respect.

energymetal14
07-05-2014, 11:23 PM
Seriously.

6 bands in one day maybe, 6 bands over 3 days no fucking way.

illuminatus917
07-05-2014, 11:24 PM
guys

6 bands out of at least 33 does not a good festival make. it doesn't even make it decent. maybe i'm just spoiled because i've been to MDF, but have some god damn self-respect.

Where are you seeing 6 good bands?

Travis The Dragon
07-05-2014, 11:26 PM
In all seriousness, I am bummed this isn't coming to Somerset, WI again because I had a great time taken pictures for that show. I would actually go if it was close, but since it's 2 time zones away, I'll be stay homing for that one.

I'm with you on this. That would be cool if they had this in a few different locations throughout the year.

mankvill
07-05-2014, 11:36 PM
Where are you seeing 6 good bands?

Danzig
Anthrax
Testament
Carcass
Black Dahlia Murder
Maximum The Hormone because I am weeaboo scum
The Faceless alright too I guess

Everything else is total complete buttshit and I'm ashamed of most of the people in this thread

energymetal14
07-05-2014, 11:40 PM
Is Danzig good live anymore? I like some danzig songs but I cant take him seriously at all.

mankvill
07-05-2014, 11:41 PM
Is Danzig good live anymore? I like some danzig songs but I cant take him seriously at all.

Yeah he's actually surprisingly solid still. I've only seen him before he did the stuff with Doyle, but he was great.

energymetal14
07-05-2014, 11:46 PM
Nice, surprising but good to hear

Nater
07-06-2014, 12:03 AM
Needs more Limp Bizkit

NickLed19
07-06-2014, 01:10 AM
Danzig was great when I saw him.

PVH5150
07-06-2014, 08:15 AM
Can someone explain to me why this is at this particular amphitheater? Doesn't that place hold like 60,000 people? Even with an immense number of bands on the bill, I can't see this drawing more than 12 or 13K on a good day.

AnthG
07-06-2014, 08:48 AM
Everything else is total complete buttshit and I'm ashamed of most of the people in this thread

I like when you criticize the taste in music of other people, because then I pull out the card and throw it on the table of "YOU LIKE FUCKING POP PUNK!!"

I mean there are some bad bands on this bill. Some baaaaaad bands, but I always find it suspect when someone criticizes a tour like this or Mayhem festival (defensible) but praises the Warped Tour (usually indefensible).

Steev
07-06-2014, 09:50 AM
I like when you criticize the taste in music of other people, because then I pull out the card and throw it on the table of "YOU LIKE FUCKING POP PUNK!!"

I mean there are some bad bands on this bill. Some baaaaaad bands, but I always find it suspect when someone criticizes a tour like this or Mayhem festival (defensible) but praises the Warped Tour (usually indefensible).

Not to mention a number of these bands have played Warped

Steev
07-06-2014, 09:52 AM
Can someone explain to me why this is at this particular amphitheater? Doesn't that place hold like 60,000 people? Even with an immense number of bands on the bill, I can't see this drawing more than 12 or 13K on a good day.

This venue seems to always get exclusive shows(like the big Maiden Fest last year and back in the 90's the first Ozzfest). They also seem to get a massive crowd for Mayhem every year.

mankvill
07-06-2014, 10:41 AM

I forgot liking a few bands other people don't like automatically makes my opinion invalid and makes shitty bands good. Pop punk is amazing and shit like Suicide Silence, Five Finger Death Punch and Of Mice And Men is shitty.

I praise tours when there are bands to be praised. But giving shit like this a pass is disgusting and you need to have more self-respect for yourself.

El Gordo
07-06-2014, 11:01 AM
I praise tours when there are bands to be praised. But giving shit like this a pass is disgusting and you need to have more self-respect for yourself.

This has nothing to do with self-respect. This has to do with taste. Going to this show would be the sonic equivalent of mowing down on a shit stew with a few pieces of actual beef thrown in for the good bands. And that's just the music. The amount of douchebag fucktards that would show up for this would make me stay at home even if the bands were good.

mankvill
07-06-2014, 11:02 AM
This has nothing to do with self-respect. This has to do with taste. Going to this show would be the sonic equivalent of mowing down on a shit stew with a few pieces of actual beef thrown in for the good bands. And that's just the music. The amount of douchebag fucktards that would show up for this would make me stay at home even if the bands were good.

Also extremely true. But I'm saying people that willingly go to this have bad taste. That's not an opinion. It's just a fact.

Dextrimental
07-06-2014, 11:10 AM
There's quite a few good bands on that line up, just not three days worth. I think attending later makes you exempt from this 'bad taste' high horse y'all have yourselves on. (specially you Manks, with your defense of watered down, accessible punk music) There's enough good stuff for a decent evening of music.

Besides, y'all complain about Europe getting great metal festivals, then refuse to even acknowledge when someone tries to construct one in the states. Shitty bands like FFDP make those festivals profitable. It's a fact. But if you want it to include more actual good stuff, you have to support it and allow it to grow.

mankvill
07-06-2014, 11:20 AM
(specially you Manks, with your defense of watered down, accessible punk music)

http://www.stuffyouwillhate.com/wp-content/uploads/tumblr_la2cazSYfW1qe63p7o1_500.jpg

I didn't choose the pop punk defense life, the pop punk defense life chose me.

Ommie
07-06-2014, 11:28 AM
You sure you don't have anything better to do, Jason?

mankvill
07-06-2014, 11:52 AM
You sure you don't have anything better to do, Jason?

:bawling:

marker
07-06-2014, 11:58 AM

It holds around 48k because the lawn goes on forever. The seats hold probably 13 k, and the rest is lawn. I've never heard of any campgrounds associated with this venue though.
The lawn is so big maybe they are camping on it.

Cross Face Chicken Wing
07-06-2014, 12:40 PM
Besides, y'all complain about Europe getting great metal festivals, then refuse to even acknowledge when someone tries to construct one in the states. Shitty bands like FFDP make those festivals profitable. It's a fact. But if you want it to include more actual good stuff, you have to support it and allow it to grow.

No. Don't support more festivals. The last thing America needs is more festivals. Keep trashing them so they go away.

I don't want bands I actually care about to skip my market on their headlining club tour because they recently played in the area for 30 minutes at 3:30 p.m. on some stupid corporate-sponsored mega festival side stage in front of a bunch of kids and rednecks waiting to see Slipknot, FFDP or Disturbed.

mankvill
07-06-2014, 12:43 PM
No. Don't support more festivals. The last thing America needs is more festivals. Keep trashing them so they go away.

I don't want bands I actually care about to skip my market on their headlining club tour because they recently played in the area for 30 minutes at 3:30 p.m. on some stupid corporate-sponsored mega festival side stage in front of a bunch of kids and rednecks waiting to see Slipknot, FFDP or Disturbed.

Thank you.

Steev
07-06-2014, 01:10 PM
There's quite a few good bands on that line up, just not three days worth. I think attending later makes you exempt from this 'bad taste' high horse y'all have yourselves on. (specially you Manks, with your defense of watered down, accessible punk music) There's enough good stuff for a decent evening of music.

FFDP who btw are on Wacken this year

mankvill
07-06-2014, 01:12 PM

Doesn't make FFDP any less shitty. What is your point

Steev
07-06-2014, 01:17 PM

That they're playing the Euro fests everyone circle jerks over

Dextrimental
07-06-2014, 01:17 PM

Yes, because they sell tickets in every market. That's my point. Shitty bands are at the top of these festivals, Europe and US, because they sell ickets that make them profitable. Europe has it easier than you guys for that, but's a truth regardless.

I see your point with the abundance of festivals, it's true, but at the end of the day they're trying to find a bigger market for more bands to play. Damned if you do, damned if you don't with regards attendance, but at least supporting them might mean more bands getting to play who wouldn't otherwise.

mankvill
07-06-2014, 01:18 PM
That they're playing the Euro fests everyone circle jerks over

Since you guys like to bring up Warped tour, Dillinger Escape Plan played Warped, so they suck now.

ravenheart
07-06-2014, 01:21 PM

Wacken's shit though. It's the European equivalent of all the radio metal festivals you have. Just sayin'.

Nevertheless, bands like FFDP sell tickets and most festivals, even the good ones, book some every year for that reason. The difference is they then spend the rest of their money on booking good bands, which is the hurdle US festivals fail to clear.

MPF
07-06-2014, 01:34 PM
The butthurt going on right now is tremendous.

Dextrimental
07-06-2014, 01:57 PM
Wacken's shit though. It's the European equivalent of all the radio metal festivals you have. Just sayin'.

Nevertheless, bands like FFDP sell tickets and most festivals, even the good ones, book some every year for that reason. The difference is they then spend the rest of their money on booking good bands, which is the hurdle US festivals fail to clear.

This is what I'm trying to say. They need to know they can consistently fill a venue before booking small bands that don't draw as much.

ravenheart
07-06-2014, 02:12 PM
This is what I'm trying to say.

It's because you're speaking Irish ;)

AnthG
07-06-2014, 02:14 PM
I forgot liking a few bands other people don't like automatically makes my opinion invalid and makes shitty bands good. Pop punk is amazing and shit like Suicide Silence, Five Finger Death Punch and Of Mice And Men is shitty.

It doesn't make your opinions invalid, but they don't carry any more weight than the other opinions here.

And Suicide Silence, FFDP, and Of Mice and Men are shitty bands. but preceding that statement with "Pop punk is amazing" is like saying "I hate Ann Coulter because she's a stupid overtly conservative dipshit, but I really like Rush Limbaugh."

And besides you like Slipknot, or at least like 10-15 songs or whatever that you listed once that you enjoy, and they were all the singles that they play at every show. Basically, you should go to Knotfest.

slapguitarer
07-06-2014, 02:27 PM
you guys are the reason Stella Natura isn't happening this year. :bouville:

mankvill
07-06-2014, 02:32 PM
Basically, you should go to Knotfest.

are you fucking high

And pop punk IS amazing. I don't understand why you're focusing on that statement of fact.

mankvill
07-06-2014, 02:40 PM

:bawling:

Onioner
07-06-2014, 02:59 PM

Nah man, Stella Natura ain't happening because everyone found out that the thing didn't mind hosting fascist book vendors. Google "stella natura fascist" and have fun!

AnthG
07-06-2014, 03:01 PM
are you fucking high

And pop punk IS amazing. I don't understand why you're focusing on that statement of fact.

Because it's wrong. For the most part at least.

slapguitarer
07-06-2014, 03:18 PM
Nah man, Stella Natura ain't happening because everyone found out that the thing didn't mind hosting fascist book vendors. Google "stella natura fascist" and have fun!

Nah, I saw all of that, and the bands and festival organizer made plenty of Facebook posts stating that they didn't know that vendor(s) were fascist/neo-nazis and they'd never support that type of ideology. But I think I heard from somebody the real reason it's not happening is because the dude who organizes the festival simply doesn't have enough time to do it this year because he helps out with other stuff like the Gilead Festival and stuff. Either way, it's a bummer it's not happening this year because last year's fest was the best thing I've ever experienced.

mankvill
07-06-2014, 03:42 PM
Because it's wrong. For the most part at least.

you have too much negativity in your life. I can recommend you some posi pop punk

Steev
07-06-2014, 03:53 PM
The butthurt going on right now is tremendous.

It's gotten funnier than I expected

adamclark52
07-06-2014, 04:00 PM

I saw him last August and thought he was great.

Steev
07-06-2014, 04:02 PM
I saw him last August and thought he was great.

Yeah all the people I've talked to that have seen him recently praised the show. I saw him at Rock on the Range in 2011 and was extremely impressed.

adamclark52
07-06-2014, 04:11 PM
Yeah all the people I've talked to that have seen him recently praised the show. I saw him at Rock on the Range in 2011 and was extremely impressed.

I think the quality of his performances these day really depend on his mood. He's a prick and lets it drag him down.

Steev
07-06-2014, 04:22 PM
I think the quality of his performances these day really depend on his mood. He's a prick and lets it drag him down.

Probably helps he has a tight band backing him. Seriously he may have the best band he's ever had.

AnthG
07-06-2014, 04:28 PM
you have too much negativity in your life. I can recommend you some posi pop punk

I'm already very familiar with Stay Together for the Kids thank you very much

watch?v=k1BFHYtZlAU

adamclark52
07-06-2014, 04:40 PM
Probably helps he has a tight band backing him. Seriously he may have the best band he's ever had.

I knew he had Tommy Victor playing guitar. I didn't notice until I noticed his drummers tattoo that he had JOHNNY KELLY playing drums! I was actually more excited to see him then Danzig.

Steev
07-06-2014, 04:43 PM
I knew he had Tommy Victor playing guitar. I didn't notice until I noticed his drummers tattoo that he had JOHNNY KELLY playing drums! I was actually more excited to see him then Danzig.

He's been with them for awhile now, same with Steve Zing(Samhain). They make for a killer rhythm section.

hellawaits77ny
07-06-2014, 04:58 PM
I always laugh at how mad people get over Internet message board posts.

mankvill
07-06-2014, 05:31 PM
I'm already very familiar with Stay Together for the Kids thank you very much

watch?v=k1BFHYtZlAU

SO HERE'S YOUR HOLIDAY

Steev
07-06-2014, 05:51 PM
http://s29.postimg.org/lunuaep2f/image.jpg

So yes, Carcass and Danzig are the same day.

mankvill
07-06-2014, 06:12 PM
That's the only day anyone should go

justinm4bama
07-06-2014, 06:29 PM
That's the only day anyone should go

I agree with this guy. And still I would want to see only half the bands.

300%_Density
07-06-2014, 08:20 PM
That's not even close as to what day everyone should go to.

mankvill
07-06-2014, 08:26 PM
That's not even close as to what day everyone should go to.

The only band not playing on that day that's actually good is Black Dahlia.

adamclark52
07-06-2014, 08:40 PM
The only band not playing on that day that's actually good is Black Dahlia.

"He's right you know"

elturtleboy
07-07-2014, 01:44 AM
Someone tell them to switch BLS with BDM pls

treghet
07-07-2014, 03:27 AM
I guess I'm late to the party, but I have to say I am embarrassed that this is happening in California and that I have secondhand embarrassment for Carcass.

AnthG
07-07-2014, 04:44 AM
Embarrassed for them why? They be gettin' paid!

treghet
07-07-2014, 04:46 AM
Getting paid and simultaneously losing their integrity.

anomynous
07-07-2014, 04:48 AM
But Swansong already did that for them

/kvlt

treghet
07-07-2014, 04:52 AM
If we're going that way I would say they lost it with Heartwork. Even they've said that the fans hated it back then. Swansong was just the final nail in the coffin.

Edit: Maybe this was actually the final nail...

ZiPMAqEo2gE

300%_Density
07-07-2014, 05:58 AM
Getting a chance to play for an audience to attract news fans is hardly something I'd feel to bad for Carcass for.

treghet
07-07-2014, 06:19 AM
That was not the point I was trying to make. Jeff has openly criticized nu-metal, so it's a bit ironic to see them playing Slipknot's own festival.

ravenheart
07-07-2014, 06:30 AM
So... every good band on this is on the same day...

AnthG
07-07-2014, 06:57 AM
That was not the point I was trying to make. Jeff has openly criticized nu-metal, so it's a bit ironic to see them playing Slipknot's own festival.

Lemmy criticized Slipknot as well back in like 2000 or something, and ended up playing below them on Mayhem Fest in 2012. And I think the most lol-worthy example is Nikki Sixx talking shit about Poison, and then touring with them. But does anyone take Nikki Sixx seriously?

Steev
07-07-2014, 07:33 AM
Lemmy criticized Slipknot as well back in like 2000 or something, and ended up playing below them on Mayhem Fest in 2012. And I think the most lol-worthy example is Nikki Sixx talking shit about Poison, and then touring with them. But does anyone take Nikki Sixx seriously?

and practically every single band that ever criticized Limp Bizkit has been seen hanging out with Fred Durst

Fact is bands are doing whatever they can to keep touring(including playing big festivals like this) and most of them just don't give a shit anymore and aren't bothering to hate on other bands so they can impress 15 kids on the internet, who the hell cares about playing with Slipknot or KoRn or any of those bands?

treghet
07-07-2014, 08:00 AM

I don't expect bands to stay true to their roots as they age, but it's still somewhat of a disappointment when they stray from their values. I think I've become immune to that now... just take a look at my avatar.

300%_Density
07-07-2014, 08:14 AM
If Carcass was doing a whole summer of Mayhem or Uproar ( no I'm not serious about that, just using it as an example) and were playing with Korn or Godsmack that'd be one thing, but it's 1 day. This isn't any different than Cannibal Corpse doing The Gathering on an off date. And Carcass on here isn't even as out of place as what Cannibal Corpse is doing.

treghet
07-07-2014, 08:40 AM
If Carcass was doing a whole summer of Mayhem or Uproar ( no I'm not serious about that, just using it as an example) and were playing with Korn or Godsmack that'd be one thing, but it's 1 day. This isn't any different than Cannibal Corpse doing The Gathering on an off date. And Carcass on here isn't even as out of place as what Cannibal Corpse is doing.

Well yeah, it's definitely not that bad, but it's still compromising their values to make money. For the record though, I don't think Cannibal Corpse has an ounce of integrity left in them. These days they're just taking the offers they get to make a living. Luckily for them they were the ones to popularize that style of death metal. If Suffocation had put out Effigy of the Forgotten a couple years earlier they might have been in CC's position right now.

From a musician's perspective it's great to still be able to make a living off of your art after so many years of doing it, but to many fans it's sad to see a band who was once a part of the underground be marketed to idiots who will never actually appreciate or understand the genre. Of course there could be some converts amongst the mouth breathers, but to the core fan base these package tours and huge festivals scream sellout. I'm not giving out free passes to anybody either. Bands like Dark Angel and Emperor are just as guilty of cashing in on their legacy.

AnthG
07-07-2014, 08:55 AM
Well yeah, it's definitely not that bad, but it's still compromising their values to make money. For the record though, I don't think Cannibal Corpse has an ounce of integrity left in them. These days they're just taking the offers they get to make a living. Luckily for them they were the ones to popularize that style of death metal. If Suffocation had put out Effigy of the Forgotten a couple years earlier they might have been in CC's position right now.

From a musician's perspective it's great to still be able to make a living off of your art after so many years of doing it, but to many fans it's sad to see a band who was once a part of the underground be marketed to idiots who will never actually appreciate or understand the genre. Of course there could be some converts amongst the mouth breathers, but to the core fan base these package tours and huge festivals scream sellout. I'm not giving out free passes to anybody either. Bands like Dark Angel and Emperor are just as guilty of cashing in on their legacy.

What exactly did Jeff say about Slipknot that would make playing this show "compromising their values?" That he doesn't like their music? Big deal. Bands tour with other bands they don't like musically all the fucking time. They just keep their mouth shut about it because it's not a huge deal. Numetal in general was probably the cooler thing to bash though if you were in an underground band, as someone mentioned earlier as it just makes you look cool to the people that care about that kind of thing. It's probably also worth asking when those comments were made by Jeff, since Slipknot got going and became popular well after Carcass became doormant. So it's pretty easy to make comments like that when you have nothing to lose, and not in a band where you have to keep your mouth shut most of the time so you don't lose out on any potential touring opportunities. And if the worst thing he said was "their music sucks", how is playing with them compromising his values, or the band's values (whatever those are)? It'd be one thing if he criticized other stuff about them like how they became big in metal or their gimmick or what not. And as far as I know they aren't being asked to change anything or do some other sort of artistic sacrifice in order to play Knotfest. They'll go on, do their thing, give the crowd a typical Carcass show, and that'll be that. Much like how The Black Dahlia Murder got a pass when they were on Warped tour since they still went up and did their thing.

Besides, you don't care about Carcass's "values" being compromised, you just don't like Slipknot. I'm sure if Jeff Walker at some point said he was a fan of Slipknot and had nothing but positive things to say about them, you'd still be not fond of this appearance at the festival because of your personal dislike for them.

Dextrimental
07-07-2014, 09:12 AM
In a shocking turn of events, band plays to bigger audience for more money in order to pay the bills and sustain their families.

Cannot stand the attitude that a band are 'selling out'. If Carcass suddenly recorded an album that sounded like Emmure, that'd be selling out, because it was done purely to sell records. But playing on a bigger stage at a huge festival? Not even fucking close. The punk rock ethic of going against the establishment is all well and good, but when you're older and want money and a bigger audience, that is NOTHING wrong with playing to a bigger crowd.

moobys37
07-07-2014, 09:20 AM
Think there's a good possibility of The Faceless being on whatever Carcass is doing this fall btw.

treghet
07-07-2014, 09:24 AM
What exactly did Jeff say about Slipknot that would make playing this show "compromising their values?" That he doesn't like their music? Big deal. Bands tour with other bands they don't like musically all the fucking time. They just keep their mouth shut about it because it's not a huge deal. Numetal in general was probably the cooler thing to bash though if you were in an underground band, as someone mentioned earlier as it just makes you look cool to the people that care about that kind of thing. It's probably also worth asking when those comments were made by Jeff, since Slipknot got going and became popular well after Carcass became doormant. So it's pretty easy to make comments like that when you have nothing to lose, and not in a band where you have to keep your mouth shut most of the time so you don't lose out on any potential touring opportunities. And if the worst thing he said was "their music sucks", how is playing with them compromising his values, or the band's valuse (whatever those are)? It'd be one thing if he criticized other stuff about them like how they became big in metal or their gimmick or what not. And as far as I know they aren't being asked to change anything or do some other sort of artistic sacrifice in order to play Knotfest. They'll go on, do their thing, give the crowd a typical Carcass show, and that'll be that. Much like how The Black Dahlia Murder got a pass when they were on Warped tour since they still went up and did their thing.

Besides, you don't care about Carcass's "values" being compromised, you just don't like Slipknot. I'm sure if Jeff Walker at some point said he was a fan of Slipknot and had nothing but positive things to say about them, you'd still be not fond of this appearance at the festival because of your personal dislike for them.

He said nu-metal was shit and apologized for Carcass being one of the bands to start using downtuned guitars in metal. He said it jokingly, but if you follow the Carcass Facebook page or read his interviews you'll notice he's very outspoken in his opinions on everything. You're right though that I don't care about Carcass compromising their values, at least not at this point. They compromised them long ago when they submitted to Columbia Records, and then they regretted doing so (so much so that they wrote a song about it). That doesn't mean I won't point out when they're hypocritical though. Your assumption that I only disapprove of their appearance on the festival due to my distaste for Slipknot is wrong. If Jeff did like Slipknot, or nu-metal in general, I would tell you they were misplaced on this festival, but least they wouldn't be compromising their integrity to make a buck. As for TBDM, I'm not a fan and I don't follow them, so I'm not one to comment on that.

AnthG
07-07-2014, 09:34 AM
What exactly went down with Carcass and Columbia, that would make them signing "submitting" to them? I know there was a dispute between the two but did it involve them asking Carcass to make any artistic sacrifice, like "hey, write us some mainstream sounding songs"? I thought it was just some sort of contract/financial dispute.

treghet
07-07-2014, 09:34 AM
In a shocking turn of events, band plays to bigger audience for more money in order to pay the bills and sustain their families.

Cannot stand the attitude that a band are 'selling out'. If Carcass suddenly recorded an album that sounded like Emmure, that'd be selling out, because it was done purely to sell records. But playing on a bigger stage at a huge festival? Not even fucking close. The punk rock ethic of going against the establishment is all well and good, but when you're older and want money and a bigger audience, that is NOTHING wrong with playing to a bigger crowd.

You're right, there's nothing wrong with playing in a bigger crowd at a fesitval and making more money. But when you do so at the expense of integrity, that changes. The term selling out is not exclusively limited to selling records. What Carcass and many other recently reformed bands are doing is much less offensive that writing an Emmure record, but can still be considering selling out if they using their legacy to make money. Carcass has tread carefully on this path and I will give them a lot of credit for that. They tried to make an album that wouldn't deviate much from how they sounded back in the day and they toured in clubs in support of it, unlike other bands who only took offers from high paying festivals. They've stayed much more grounded than most bands have. However, choosing to play this fest was misstep and I can guarantee you that I won't be the only one to point it out.

dcmetal108
07-07-2014, 09:35 AM
I don't get this whole elitism in metal.

If it was up to some people here most old bands would never be allowed to play again or would be forced to play with the same bands over and over again. And everyone constantly complains about the US rarely getting any metal fests so god forbid a band that some people don't like tries.

I mean slipknot could of easily just gotten all nu-metal for this year but instead they got a WIDE RANGE OF METAL! You also have to remember that even if a lot of these bands don't like each others music they are still friends. Corey Taylor seems to be friends with everyone.

Also they might help other bands here too. Give Maximum The Hormon some more exposure and give all the teenagers here that will come just for FFDP and Slipknot a chance to check out bands like Carcass / Anthrax / Testament / Danzig etc. (even though Anthrax did do Mayhem).

Also coming back and playing big shows or doing new records isn't selling out. If Cannibal Corpse put out a rap record or tried doing deathcore and numetal you can say that's selling out. Bands like CC can play to literally anyone and it's not going to hurt them. They'll play for a new crowd, make money to support themselves and their family and continue doing what they love.

When Carcass does on a FULL TOUR where they open for Pierce The Veil you can call them sellouts.

Steev
07-07-2014, 09:36 AM
I think Slipknot has proven themselves at this point. Obviously when they first came out it was easy to have detractors. That being said it's been 15 years since the first record and they're still one of the biggest metal bands in the world. You'd be a damn fool to turn down playing a show with them.

Side note, apparently this will have 5 stages. That seems like a little too much.

Steev
07-07-2014, 09:37 AM
I don't get this whole elitism in metal.

If it was up to some people here most old bands would never be allowed to play again or would be forced to play with the same bands over and over again. And everyone constantly complains about the US rarely getting any metal fests so god forbid a band that some people don't like tries.

I mean slipknot could of easily just gotten all nu-metal for this year but instead they got a WIDE RANGE OF METAL! You also have to remember that even if a lot of these bands don't like each others music they are still friends. Corey Taylor seems to be friends with everyone.

Also they might help other bands here too. Give Maximum The Hormon some more exposure and give all the teenagers here that will come just for FFDP and Slipknot a chance to check out bands like Carcass / Anthrax / Testament / Danzig etc. (even though Anthrax did do Mayhem)

All of this!!!!!

Seriously I've seen what Slipknot fans post, if they had their way this would just be a reunion of the "Pledge of Allegiance" tour from 2001.

treghet
07-07-2014, 09:40 AM
What exactly went down with Carcass and Columbia, that would make them signing "submitting" to them? I know there was a dispute between the two but did it involve them asking Carcass to make any artistic sacrifice, like "hey, write us some mainstream sounding songs"? I thought it was just some sort of contract/financial dispute.

Yes, Columbia was trying to push Carcass into the mainstream. That's why they did the remixes (see the one I posted on the last page). They also told Jeff that he should take singing lessons. The band was unhappy with how they were treated and got out of the contract and resigned with Earache to release Swansong.

smearCampaign
07-07-2014, 09:42 AM
Seriously I've seen what Slipknot fans post, if they had their way this would just be a reunion of the "Pledge of Allegiance" tour from 2001.

But, System of a Down and Rammstein would be better than most of this...

If you had said Family Values tour I would agree.

AnthG
07-07-2014, 09:48 AM
However, choosing to play this fest was misstep and I can guarantee you that I won't be the only one to point it out.

You definitely won't be, but the reason people will be saying it's a misstep is because of their distaste for the other bands on the bill, not because of anything Jeff Walker said in an interview one time that 35 people read. I know you've said that your dissaproval doesn't have to do with your opinion of Slipknot or the other bands playing, but I honestly don't believe that's the case. Everyone's biases get in the way when it comes to looking at stuff when it comes to art.

Look, I have no problem with people openly criticizing something they think sucks. I definitely do my fair share. That kind of "elitism" is what makes message boards fun, just as long as people are able to take it back if they dish it out. The "elitism" that is total bullshit is this facade of where fans try to make their opinions about a band or a touring package or something else look like it has something to do with an objective metric like "well that goes against their values." It's a bullshit tactic used to make them look like their personal distaste means something more than a simple "I like Band A, but hate Band B, and I just don't want Band A to tour with Band B because of that." They have to go out of their way to make their opinion mean something far more than it actually is. I'm sure if Jeff Walker said some negative things about Slayer or Iron Maiden or (insert whatever big metal band you're a fan of) and then Carcass immediately went on tour with them, the most you would do is raise an eyebrow at the combination before being completely fucking stoked.

mankvill
07-07-2014, 09:51 AM
I can't believe there are still people that think performing with popular but shitty bands is okay because of "the exposure to a new crowd" like it's 1996 and the Internet doesn't exist.

Steev
07-07-2014, 09:52 AM
But, System of a Down and Rammstein would be better than most of this...

If you had said Family Values tour I would agree.

Those 2 plus Mudvayne are apparently all Slipknot fans want. They make that clear every year on the FB page for Mayhem.

That being said I'm surprised no Mushroomhead and Gwar(who have set up shows) seeing how Corey seems to keep insisting those bands will tour together.

Steev
07-07-2014, 09:54 AM
I can't believe there are still people that think performing with popular but shitty bands is okay because of "the exposure to a new crowd" like it's 1996 and the Internet doesn't exist.

Yeah what are those bands thinking playing for money, what a bunch of jerks they should be happy playing to 56 people in a basement.

mankvill
07-07-2014, 09:57 AM
Yeah what are those bands thinking playing for money, what a bunch of jerks they should be happy playing to 56 people in a basement.

Oh cool, an offshoot of the whole "u jus h8 dem cuz deyre poplar, go lisen 2 uber kvlt black metal jus bcuz no 1 nos who dey r"

The point of my post went so far over your head I think it hit a satellite.

Steev
07-07-2014, 10:02 AM
Oh cool, an offshoot of the whole "u jus h8 dem cuz deyre poplar, go lisen 2 uber kvlt black metal jus bcuz no 1 nos who dey r"

The point of my post went so far over your head I think it hit a satellite.

Nope it really didn't, countless bands won't tour the US because they lose money doing it. So playing for exposure is still a thing.

moobys37
07-07-2014, 10:03 AM

To be fair, it worked for Behemoth and Corpse on Mayhem a few years back.

Steev
07-07-2014, 10:04 AM

Amon Amarth just had their most successful headlining tour, gee who'd they tour with last year.........

mankvill
07-07-2014, 10:06 AM

Sure but I've heard people use that tired argument for Corpse this year. Give me a break.

mankvill
07-07-2014, 10:08 AM
Amon Amarth just had their most successful headlining tour, gee who'd they tour with last year.........

Amon Amarth's solo "Evening With" tour was just as successful, if not more so, than their last one. Don't kid yourself.

AnthG
07-07-2014, 10:09 AM
Maybe bands just like playing shows regardless of who they're playing with. Maybe exposure has nothing to do with it. Corpsegrinder said that Mayhem Fest 2009 was like the best tour he's ever done because of the layout and how it was just a big summer camp with BBQs after every show and because they only had to play for like 30 minutes and shit.

Steev
07-07-2014, 10:12 AM
Amon Amarth's solo "Evening With" tour was just as successful, if not more so, than their last one. Don't kid yourself.

No it wasn't, now you're just being ridiculous

mankvill
Maybe bands just like playing shows regardless of who they're playing with. Maybe exposure has nothing to do with it. Corpsegrinder said that Mayhem Fest 2009 was like the best tour he's ever done because of the layout and how it was just a big summer camp with BBQs after every show and because they only had to play for like 30 minutes and shit.

There you go. People need to stop acting like huge, already established bands like Cannibal Corpse playing shows/fests like this has anything to do with exposure.

Carcass is probably going to attract the exact same amount of fans doing Knotfest as they would touring around Surgical Steel again.

mankvill
No it wasn't, now you're just being ridiculous

That's cool if you think that, but the Evening With show sold out the exact same venue they played here with Enslaved, where they didn't sell out.

Steev

He's said it several times, these guys actually enjoy doing these tours. People need to get off their high horse and stop whining.

mankvill
07-07-2014, 10:13 AM
He's said it several times, these guys actually enjoy doing these tours. People need to get off their high horse and stop whining.

No one's whining (or maybe the people talking about band values are or whatever), I'm just pointing out that this festival is still a shit festival.

Steev
07-07-2014, 10:14 AM
That's cool if you think that, but the Evening With show sold out the exact same venue they played here with Enslaved, where they didn't sell out.

Saw them with Enslaved and it was a bigger crowd than that venue has had in years. Same thing with Behemoth last time they came around.

moobys37
07-07-2014, 10:14 AM
There you go. People need to stop acting like huge, already established bands like Cannibal Corpse playing shows/fests like this has anything to do with exposure.

Carcass is probably going to attract the exact same amount of fans doing Knotfest as they would touring around Surgical Steel again.

Yeah I have no idea why people are using the exposure thing for Carcass on this. It's a festival, Live Nation probably offered them a lot of money to play and they took it. It's just like another tour date for them.

Now if they were touring with Slipknot the exposure argument would be valid.

Steev
07-07-2014, 10:15 AM
No one's whining (or maybe the people talking about band values are or whatever), I'm just pointing out that this festival is still a shit festival.

Except it's not, it's just cool to piss and moan about Slipknot and FFDP

mankvill
07-07-2014, 10:16 AM
Saw them with Enslaved and it was a bigger crowd than that venue has had in years. Same thing with Behemoth last time they came around.

So between your experience and mine, it looks like there was a huge bump in attendance due to "exposure" from Mayhem Fest.

Because people have the internet and will find out about hugely mainstream extreme metal bands like Amon Amarth and Behemoth on YouTube and Facebook and don't need to resort to touring festivals to introduce new bands to them.

mankvill
07-07-2014, 10:17 AM
Except it's not, it's just cool to piss and moan about Slipknot and FFDP

It's not cool to complain about them, it's our duty to shit on shitty bands when shitty bands deserve to be shat upon.

Are you upset that people are shitting on these shitty bands? I don't whine and complain when people shit on pop punk. :confused:

moobys37
07-07-2014, 10:20 AM
So between your experience and mine, it looks like there was a huge bump in attendance due to "exposure" from Mayhem Fest.

Because people have the internet and will find out about hugely mainstream extreme metal bands like Amon Amarth and Behemoth on YouTube and Facebook and don't need to resort to touring festivals to introduce new bands to them.

The Mayhem crowd isn't the most savvy when it comes to being exposed to newer bands. Mr. 40something beer drinking Rob Zombie fan might not listen to death metal but sees that band with the viking ship and catchy riffs, yeah there's something to that.

AnthG
07-07-2014, 10:21 AM

Well there's still fundamental difference between being exposed on the internet rather than a festival you happen to be at. On Facebook, youtube, bandcamp, etc. you're making the effort to find those bands that you've already made the decision to check out. If you happen to be at a festival and a band is playing you're exposed to them by accident whether you planned on it or didn't, and may catch their set because of that and go "Hey, this band's pretty cool" or "Eh, this band sucks, i'm gonna grab a beer". I'm sure there's been instances you can think of where accidental exposure at a big package tour or festival has lead to willing exposure afterwards when you got home and went to youtube to check that band out.

Steev
07-07-2014, 10:21 AM
It's not cool to complain about them, it's our duty to shit on shitty bands when shitty bands deserve to be shat upon.

Are you upset that people are shitting on these shitty bands? I don't whine and complain when people shit on pop punk. :confused:

It's tiresome at this point, seriously it's been 7 years since the first FFDP album and people are still complaining. After a while it just gets sad like "yes we get it blah blah blah Tapout shirts blah blah blah".

The fact that there's a US festival with Danzig, Anthrax, Carcass, Testament, Hatebreed, etc is astounding considering earlier this year Slayer was on a stage with Chevelle and Theory of a Deadman. It just seems like unnecessary bitching at this point. This festival probably wasn't even a possibility 2 or 3 years ago and if it takes off maybe they'll get heavier acts in years to come. It's progress for the people griping about the US not getting festivals.

mankvill
07-07-2014, 10:23 AM
The Mayhem crowd isn't the most savvy when it comes to being exposed to newer bands. Mr. 40something beer drinking Rob Zombie fan might not listen to death metal but sees that band with the viking ship and catchy riffs, yeah there's something to that.

I just don't think the exposure they get from a tour like Mayhem Fest or a thing like Knotfest is astronomically more than being picked up by metal news sites, touring on their own or word of mouth exposure.

If new metal fans (not nu-metal fans) are anything like they were when I was getting into metal, they are obsessively finding new bands and discovering the classic bands every day. They don't need a giant corporate festival to make them discover bands. Let's have a little faith in these people.

The pop punk/melodic hardcore scene is fucking exploding and I hear all these kids talk about bands that I've never heard of, and these are bands that are mainly on the internet and do small tours. If that scene can do it, why can't da metalz?

Steev
07-07-2014, 10:23 AM
Well there's still fundamental difference between being exposed on the internet rather than a festival you happen to be at. On Facebook, youtube, bandcamp, etc. you're making the effort to find those bands that you've already made the decision to check out. If you happen to be at a festival and a band is playing you're exposed to them by accident whether you planned on it or didn't, and may catch their set because of that and go "Hey, this band's pretty cool" or "Eh, this band sucks, i'm gonna grab a beer". I'm sure there's been instances you can think of where accidental exposure at a big package tour or festival has lead to willing exposure afterwards when you got home and went to youtube to check that band out.

It's still possible to gain fans through the festivals though. The first time Halestorm was on Rock on the Range they did the tiny Jäger stage at 1 in the afternoon. The next year they were one of the side stage headliners and there was a 2 or 3 mile line just to get an autograph(when the previous year you could walk up and get a CD signed because no one was there).

mankvill
07-07-2014, 10:26 AM
It's tiresome at this point, seriously it's been 7 years since the first FFDP album and people are still complaining. After a while it just gets sad like "yes we get it blah blah blah Tapout shirts blah blah blah".

The fact that there's a US festival with Danzig, Anthrax, Carcass, Testament, Hatebreed, etc is astounding considering earlier this year Slayer was on a stage with Chevelle and Theory of a Deadman. It just seems like unnecessary bitching at this point. This festival probably wasn't even a possibility 2 or 3 years ago and if it takes off maybe they'll get heavier acts in years to come. It's progress for the people griping about the US not getting festivals.

Why do we have to settle for a festival that's mostly shit? Like I've reiterated over and over again, 6 bands out of 33+ does not automatically make a festival good. Do people consider the year Dillinger Escape Plan on Warped a good tour? I would hope not.

Also Five Finger Death Punch sucks dick - why are you defending them? :confused:

Steev
07-07-2014, 10:27 AM
I just don't think the exposure they get from a tour like Mayhem Fest or a thing like Knotfest is astronomically more than being picked up by metal news sites, touring on their own or word of mouth exposure.

If new metal fans (not nu-metal fans) are anything like they were when I was getting into metal, they are obsessively finding new bands and discovering the classic bands every day. They don't need a giant corporate festival to make them discover bands. Let's have a little faith in these people.

The pop punk/melodic hardcore scene is fucking exploding and I hear all these kids talk about bands that I've never heard of, and these are bands that are mainly on the internet and do small tours. If that scene can do it, why can't da metalz?

Probably because metal fans as a whole don't go to shows. Case in point when Carcass came with BDM the venue was giving away tickets to fill the room. It sucks but there's your answer. There's a club in Philly I go to several times a year and I think 2010 was the last time I saw it have a sold out crowd. Shit when Evergrey was there a few years back there had to be under 50 people there. Hardcore shows are wall to wall no matter whose playing. I saw Biohazard a few months back and all these kids where there who weren't even interested in the headliners. They just wanted to see some local hardcore band. Their "scene" is a lot different.

mankvill
07-07-2014, 10:27 AM
It's still possible to gain fans through the festivals though. The first time Halestorm was on Rock on the Range they did the tiny Jäger stage at 1 in the afternoon. The next year they were one of the side stage headliners and there was a 2 or 3 mile line just to get an autograph(when the previous year you could walk up and get a CD signed because no one was there).

bruh, Halestorm had hits on radio rock - it wasn't because of Rock on the Range. They blew up here too.

Steev
07-07-2014, 10:28 AM
Why do we have to settle for a festival that's mostly shit? Like I've reiterated over and over again, 6 bands out of 33+ does not automatically make a festival good. Do people consider the year Dillinger Escape Plan on Warped a good tour? I would hope not.

Also Five Finger Death Punch sucks dick - why are you defending them? :confused:

Because I don't think they suck dick, they aren't my favorite band but they have stuff I've enjoyed. Also I don't shit talk people who've been nothing but cool to me and my friends and several bands I like(I've never heard a bad thing about them from anyone they've toured with).

mankvill
07-07-2014, 10:29 AM
Probably because metal fans as a whole don't go to shows. Case in point when Carcass came with BDM the venue was giving away tickets to fill the room. It sucks but there's your answer. There's a club in Philly I go to several times a year and I think 2010 was the last time I saw it have a sold out crowd. Shit when Evergrey was there a few years back there had to be under 50 people there. Hardcore shows are wall to wall no matter whose playing. I saw Biohazard a few months back and all these kids where there who weren't even interested in the headliners. They just wanted to see some local hardcore band. Their "scene" is a lot different.

That may be how it is for you, but metal fans flock to shows here - especially smaller shows. The fact your examples are Evergrey and Biohazard prove that you're barely scratching the surface when it comes to this kind of stuff.

I just saw Cross Examination fill a venue. Metalheads go to shows - just shows that warrant a good audience.

mankvill
Because I don't think they suck dick, they aren't my favorite band but they have stuff I've enjoyed. Also I don't shit talk people who've been nothing but cool to me and my friends and several bands I like(I've never heard a bad thing about them from anyone they've toured with).

:confused:

but

but FFDP sux

..how u no c dis

Steev
bruh, Halestorm had hits on radio rock - it wasn't because of Rock on the Range. They blew up here too.

This was 2 or 3 years before they hit on radio. When they had thousands of people lining up to meet them in Columbus they had maybe 100 people in the crowd at a hometown show the same year.

mankvill
07-07-2014, 10:30 AM
This was 2 or 3 years before they hit on radio. When they had thousands of people lining up to meet them in Columbus they had maybe 100 people in the crowd at a hometown show the same year.

Halestorm has been hugely popular here since like 2011.

I dunno, I don't listen to shitty radio hard rock.

Steev
07-07-2014, 10:33 AM
That may be how it is for you, but metal fans flock to shows here - especially smaller shows. The fact your examples are Evergrey and Biohazard prove that you're barely scratching the surface when it comes to this kind of stuff.

I just saw Cross Examination fill a venue. Metalheads go to shows - just shows that warrant a good audience.

In the past year or so I've seen Testament, Death Angel, Meshuggah, Behemoth, Amon Amarth, Single Bullet Theory, Death Ray Vision, Carcass, Gojira, and Soilwork all do headlining shows. At best maybe 3 of these bands had more than half of the room they played fill up. Shit I just saw Black Star Riders and the floor was empty an hour after the doors opened. For whatever reason metal shows don't fill up here unless it's a band fresh off Mayhem or something similar. God Forbid's last show ever was in their home state and there was probably less than a hundred people and more of the crowd was watching locals on a side stage. Philly gets kind of shitty that way.

Steev
07-07-2014, 10:34 AM
Halestorm has been hugely popular here since like 2011.

I dunno, I don't listen to shitty radio hard rock.

And these shows were in 2009 and 2010. Yes after that they got big because in 2012 they sold out a 3,300 venue as the only act performing.

mankvill
07-07-2014, 10:36 AM
In the past year or so I've seen Testament, Death Angel, Meshuggah, Behemoth, Amon Amarth, Single Bullet Theory, Death Ray Vision, Carcass, Gojira, and Soilwork all do headlining shows. At best maybe 3 of these bands had more than half of the room they played fill up. Shit I just saw Black Star Riders and the floor was empty an hour after the doors opened. For whatever reason metal shows don't fill up here unless it's a band fresh off Mayhem or something similar. God Forbid's last show ever was in their home state and there was probably less than a hundred people and more of the crowd was watching locals on a side stage. Philly gets kind of shitty that way.

That rarely happens here. Can't say I've ever heard of Single Bullet Theory, Death Ray Vision or Black Star Riders, but I do know Death Angel cram packs the venue here when they play (I was actually astounded by how crowded it was the first time I saw them) and Behemoth, Amon Amarth and Testament always pull in great crowds.

KC 4 best metal city in da USA :party:

Steev
07-07-2014, 10:40 AM
That rarely happens here. Can't say I've ever heard of Single Bullet Theory, Death Ray Vision or Black Star Riders, but I do know Death Angel cram packs the venue here when they play (I was actually astounded by how crowded it was the first time I saw them) and Behemoth, Amon Amarth and Testament always pull in great crowds.

KC 4 best metal city in da USA :party:

Single Bullet Theory is local to Philly but they do national tours all the time and have been out with King Diamond on several occasions. Death Ray Vision is members of Shads and KSE and I saw them with 5 other people in the room. Also while Meshuggah had a packed house this was after they did a special sale that included tickets to 3 other shows and it was full of kids who either left after Animals as Leaders or played on their phones the whole time.

mankvill
07-07-2014, 10:48 AM
Single Bullet Theory is local to Philly but they do national tours all the time and have been out with King Diamond on several occasions. Death Ray Vision is members of Shads and KSE and I saw them with 5 other people in the room. Also while Meshuggah had a packed house this was after they did a special sale that included tickets to 3 other shows and it was full of kids who either left after Animals as Leaders or played on their phones the whole time.

Wow, your city sounds like fucking shit. The local scene here is amazing. Maybe I'm just spoiled by that.

Dextrimental
07-07-2014, 10:49 AM
The exposure pays off with regards to merch/live rating. From seeing bands at Graspop, I can tell you that even the bigger death metal bands do always have people who know their name and a couple of songs, but who wouldn't have seen them live otherwise or bothered to check out merch, and after seeing them at a festival decide they'll invest further. Youtube and the internet do the majority of the work, but exposure with big lineups and package tours still plays a part.

But yeah, no doubt as far as the band is concerned, it's just a pay check and a bigger stage for them and that's it. Less of a time slot so they've more time to drink with friends backstage.

moobys37
07-07-2014, 10:49 AM

On the first point, yeah there's enough correlation in exposure for a band to do Mayhem vs. their own tour. Playing live to a couple hundred thousand people over the course of a month in all of the major markets in the US and Canada to an audience that for the most part is there for the brand and perhaps the headlining acts is more than any website could do.

On the second point, a lot of metal heads once they begin to age just don't want to check out new bands at all. Unless you get them into stuff outside the mainstream at a young age they're just going to stick to what they know.

mankvill
07-07-2014, 10:51 AM
I think maybe that's how older metalheads are, but kids getting into metal, like I did, were obsessively checking out new bands and still do it as time goes on. Maybe because the internet was a huge promotional tool when I got into metal and not when people older than me did? Hopefully that continues long after my generation gets old.

Steev
07-07-2014, 10:59 AM
Wow, your city sounds like fucking shit. The local scene here is amazing. Maybe I'm just spoiled by that.

The biggest problems faced are the following:
-smaller bands opting to play NJ, DE, and smaller PA cities instead
-people who only want to see either big names or their friends
-people who see their friends band and bail
-certain bands who come every year and create a "I'll see them next time" moment

The funny thing is seeing a big Fest like This Is Hardcore which is packed every year and kids going to that are bitching about Killswitch Engage headlining(who sold out the same venue with LOG last year). It's what happens in a big city, kinda fucks things up.

Steev
07-07-2014, 11:00 AM
On the first point, yeah there's enough correlation in exposure for a band to do Mayhem vs. their own tour. Playing live to a couple hundred thousand people over the course of a month in all of the major markets in the US and Canada to an audience that for the most part is there for the brand and perhaps the headlining acts is more than any website could do.

On the second point, a lot of metal heads once they begin to age just don't want to check out new bands at all. Unless you get them into stuff outside the mainstream at a young age they're just going to stick to what they know.

That's a huge point, funny thing was seeing Volbeat open for Metallica in NY where no one gave a shit and most people hadn't shown up yet. Now those same people are tripping over themselves to see Volbeat headline arenas.

300%_Density
07-07-2014, 11:04 AM

The argument that they flock to shows to shows in KC/Lawrence because that area doesn't get dick when compared to Philly (Steev's area I think). There's rarely times where a band plays this area and is here more than 1x per album cycle. Obviously there's exceptions, but basically KC area knows "see this band now, otherwise you won't see them till the next album". It's a true statement but doesn't hold the same water to a larger metro area

Steev
07-07-2014, 11:08 AM
The argument that they flock to shows to shows in KC/Lawrence because that area doesn't get dick when compared to Philly (Steev's area I think). There's rarely times where a band plays this area and is here more than 1x per album cycle. Obviously there's exceptions, but basically KC area knows "see this band now, otherwise you won't see them till the next album". It's a true statement but doesn't hold the same water to a larger metro area

Exactly, for example Overkill comes here basically every year(twice last year) and to the same venue with the same kind of openers. So right there people lose interest. Pair that with a glut of "meh" bands that people flock to because they went to HS with and a laziness when it comes to finding new bands and it makes things tough. Many bands just don't come here because it's less of a loss to draw a small crowd in Wilmington or Trenton(which are within an hr of Philly) than to lose on a show here.

moobys37
07-07-2014, 11:09 AM
The biggest problems faced are the following:
-smaller bands opting to play NJ, DE, and smaller PA cities instead
-people who only want to see either big names or their friends
-people who see their friends band and bail
-certain bands who come every year and create a "I'll see them next time" moment.

These are the big two points. I can't tell you how many times I booked a show where I put together a lineup with a great touring band and great locals yet when the touring band comes on 75% of the crowd leaves because they saw their friends play for the 15th time.

mankvill
07-07-2014, 11:10 AM

And where were you at the Cross Examination show? >:I

Steev
07-07-2014, 11:12 AM
These are the big two points. I can't tell you how many times I booked a show where I put together a lineup with a great touring band and great locals yet when the touring band comes on 75% of the crowd leaves because they saw their friends play for the 15th time.

Pisses me off to no end. Last year I finally saw American Head Charge and there was barely a 2 digit crowd when they hit the stage after it was packed for a "meh" local band who had one of the most hilariously bad album reviews on Blabbermouth.

treghet
07-07-2014, 11:19 AM
You definitely won't be, but the reason people will be saying it's a misstep is because of their distaste for the other bands on the bill, not because of anything Jeff Walker said in an interview one time that 35 people read. I know you've said that your dissaproval doesn't have to do with your opinion of Slipknot or the other bands playing, but I honestly don't believe that's the case. Everyone's biases get in the way when it comes to looking at stuff when it comes to art.

Look, I have no problem with people openly criticizing something they think sucks. I definitely do my fair share. That kind of "elitism" is what makes message boards fun, just as long as people are able to take it back if they dish it out. The "elitism" that is total bullshit is this facade of where fans try to make their opinions about a band or a touring package or something else look like it has something to do with an objective metric like "well that goes against their values." It's a bullshit tactic used to make them look like their personal distaste means something more than a simple "I like Band A, but hate Band B, and I just don't want Band A to tour with Band B because of that." They have to go out of their way to make their opinion mean something far more than it actually is. I'm sure if Jeff Walker said some negative things about Slayer or Iron Maiden or (insert whatever big metal band you're a fan of) and then Carcass immediately went on tour with them, the most you would do is raise an eyebrow at the combination before being completely fucking stoked.

I will admit I am biased against Slipknot, but regardless of that fact Carcass is one of the odd bands out on this festival. If they were on a fest with a bunch of death metal bands I disliked I would say the lineup was shit, but it at least it would have made sense. And if Jeff did say some shit about a band I loved and then went on tour with them of course I would be stoked, but I would still call it out.

Now this seems more likely. Jeff might like to run his mouth a lot but not really care about who he plays with, where, or how long. He's probably just a bitter old guy at this point.

300%_Density
07-07-2014, 11:24 AM
And where were you at the Cross Examination show? >:I

Sorry I wasn't there to double the attendance :cool:

mankvill
07-07-2014, 11:25 AM
Sorry I wasn't there to double the attendance :cool:

You missed out on some MAXIMUM OVERCHILL

Steev
07-07-2014, 11:26 AM
I will admit I am biased against Slipknot, but regardless of that fact Carcass is one of the odd bands out on this festival. If they were on a fest with a bunch of death metal bands I disliked I would say the lineup was shit, but it at least it would have made sense. And if Jeff did say some shit about a band I loved and then went on tour with them of course I would be stoked, but I would still call it out.

Now this seems more likely. Jeff might like to run his mouth a lot but not really care about who he plays with, where, or how long. He's probably just a bitter old guy at this point.

Jeff seemed pretty happy when I saw him in April. Funny guy actually.

Travis The Dragon
07-07-2014, 04:02 PM
From the one and only: http://www.wolverinekills.com/2014/07/07/slipknot-reveal-knotfest-daily-line-ups/

10-24-14:
Suicide Silence
The Black Dahlia Murder
Butcher Babies

10-25-14:
Slipknot
Danzig
Anthrax
Black Label Society
Testament
In This Moment
Hatebreed
Carcass
The Faceless
The Devil Wears Prada
Miss May I
Maximum The Hormone
One OK Rock
King 810
Man With A Mission

10-26-14:
Slipknot
Five Finger Death Punch
Volbeat
Killswitch Engage
Of Mice & Men
Tech N9ne
Atreyu
HELLYEAH
DevilDriver
Whitechapel
Upon A Burning Body
Veil Of Maya
Anti-Mortem
Nothing More

mankvill
07-07-2014, 04:44 PM
THANK YOU BASED MANKVILLMURDERS

NickLed19
07-07-2014, 05:54 PM
That last day looks rough.

300%_Density
07-07-2014, 06:31 PM
THANK YOU BASED MANKVILLMURDERS

I'll see you on the 26th.... Right?

Onioner
07-07-2014, 06:56 PM
Slipknot is poop.

Carcass is rule.

And that is my contribution to this lol-worthy thread.

Travis The Dragon
07-07-2014, 07:38 PM
Slipknot is poop.

Carcass is rule.

And that is my contribution to this lol-worthy thread.

What about Testament, Danzig, and Anthrax?

Onioner
07-07-2014, 09:18 PM
What about Testament, Danzig, and Anthrax?

Testament is a Bay Area treasure and Alex Skolnick is God.

Anthrax is great and summons some of the most violent pits I have ever seen.

Danzig is short.

TonyD
07-07-2014, 10:00 PM
Testament, Danzig and Anthrax on the same day? Not bad.

dcmetal108
07-08-2014, 03:10 AM

Before their last tours Behemonth and Amon Amarth sold out a 700 person or so venue. Now they both sell out one thats double that size.

Also last AA headliner was way more profitable than their "An Evening With"

treghet
07-09-2014, 01:13 AM

Why are you bringing up Behemoth? Did you forget that they dropped off the tour last year? It's also worth mentioning that they've been playing big tours and festivals for years now. Their recent spike in popularity can be mostly attributed to making a comeback album which got a ton of press.

Steev
07-09-2014, 05:16 AM
Why are you bringing up Behemoth? Did you forget that they dropped off the tour last year? It's also worth mentioning that they've been playing big tours and festivals for years now. Their recent spike in popularity can be mostly attributed to making a comeback album which got a ton of press.

Because pre Mayhem they didnt do nearly as well in the US

treghet
07-09-2014, 05:23 AM
Are you still referring to the 2013 Mayhem tour or the 2009 one?

mastodon421
07-09-2014, 07:03 AM
Jesus Christ this thread features probably the dumbest arguments I've ever seen on this site.

Derelict
07-09-2014, 07:04 AM
Jesus Christ this thread features probably the dumbest arguments I've ever seen on this site.

That's a bold statement young man.

treghet
07-09-2014, 07:06 AM
Refresh your memory with the official end of the year list threads.

mastodon421
07-09-2014, 07:07 AM
That's a bold statement young man.

I'm well aware, but after skimming through this thread, I felt like my head was going to explode from all the stupidity being tossed around.

Nater
07-09-2014, 11:17 AM
I can't be the only one who saw Man With A Mission and thought of Men On A Mission and Mo and Mabel and then got sad cause Mabel died =/

adamclark52
07-09-2014, 11:30 AM
I also finally heard that In This Moment song Whore this past week. That makes two of the only bands I've literally had to turn off lately playing this festival, and on the same day (King 810).

Seriously, In This Moment is some bad shit. At least Butcher Babies know they're terrible and offset it with electrical tape.

dcmetal108
07-09-2014, 11:30 PM
I also finally heard that In This Moment song Whore this past week. That makes two of the only bands I've literally had to turn off lately playing this festival, and on the same day (King 810).

Seriously, In This Moment is some bad shit. At least Butcher Babies know they're terrible and offset it with electrical tape.

They haven't worn that in a long time. Now its like corsets and stuff.

Steev
07-10-2014, 06:55 AM
They haven't worn that in a long time. Now its like corsets and stuff.

I think they dropped that once they started getting major tours

XDoomsayerX
07-11-2014, 03:54 PM
These tours should just happen:

Slipknot/Carcass/TBDM

Danzing/Anthrax/Testament

KSE/TDWP/Atreyu/VoM

SS/Whitechapel/UABB

booms peeps happy

Bengals279
07-11-2014, 04:35 PM
These tours should just happen:

Carcass/TBDM

Anthrax/Testament

KSE/Hatebreed/UABB

booms peeps happy

Fixed!

mankvill
07-11-2014, 06:22 PM
Fixed!

Don't you ever leave Danzig out again

300%_Density
07-11-2014, 06:28 PM
I like the SS/Whitechapel/UABB just to keep that shit in 1 tour vs spreading it out.

But for shame leaving Danzig out!

adamclark52
07-11-2014, 06:36 PM
10-24-14 (Day I'd go):
Danzig
Carcass
The Black Dahlia Murder
Hatebreed
Killswitch Engage
Maximum The Hormone

10-25-14 (day I could care a less about):
Slipknot
Anthrax
Suicide Silence
Black Label Society
Testament
Of Mice & Men
Tech N9ne
Whitechapel
Upon A Burning Body
Veil Of Maya
Anti-Mortem
Nothing More
The Faceless
The Devil Wears Prada
Miss May I
One OK Rock
Man With A Mission

10-26-14 (wait for every band to be present backstage and In This Moment about to start Whore; Napalm the Sam Manuel Amphitheater and Campgounds):
Five Finger Death Punch
Volbeat
In This Moment
King 810
Butcher Babies
Atreyu
HELLYEAH
DevilDriver

Fixed

mastodon421
07-11-2014, 07:47 PM
If Carcass opened for Slipknot on a full tour, I'm pretty sure they're would be a record number of deaths in the elitist community.

dcmetal108
07-11-2014, 10:14 PM
Don't you ever leave Danzig out again

He not only took Danzig out but left Upon a Burning Body in. :eyes::eyes::eyes:

Nater
07-12-2014, 10:59 AM
If Carcass opened for Slipknot on a full tour, I'm pretty sure they're would be a record number of deaths in the elitist community.

That's a bad thing?

Steev
07-12-2014, 11:22 AM
That's a bad thing?

It's certainly debatable

mastodon421
07-13-2014, 12:33 PM
That's a bad thing?

Not at all, I was just making the statement.

hellawaits77ny
07-13-2014, 01:41 PM

Elitists would be jumping. And I'd love it.

treghet
07-15-2014, 01:18 AM
Elitists stopped caring about Carcass when they put out Necroticism, or at the latest, Heartwork.

Steev
07-15-2014, 06:08 AM
Elitists stopped caring about Carcass when they put out Necroticism, or at the latest, Heartwork.

I guess they found "No Love Lost" too mainstream

TehBr00tulz
08-11-2014, 08:25 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t31.0-8/s960x960/1553078_10152262091441581_5240891479148041552_o.jp g

Knotfest full lineups announced for each day. Day 1 is actually pretty damn good, Day 2 not so much.

rjturtle9
08-11-2014, 08:46 AM
If only the Sunday 5th stage was on Saturday.

AnthG
08-11-2014, 09:24 AM
What happened to Stage 4?

ravenheart
08-11-2014, 09:38 AM

Jim Root's getting sacked then...

adamclark52
08-11-2014, 10:48 AM

It's like the Mazda 4, we don't talk about it.

mankvill
08-11-2014, 11:17 AM
satyricon tour pls pls pls

rjturtle9
08-11-2014, 11:35 AM

Being announced September 8th.

AnthG
08-11-2014, 11:47 AM
It's like the Mazda 4, we don't talk about it.

I don't get the reference. I mean, i'm sure it has something to do with a car. But yeah. Should have used Alien 4. God that was horrible. Though there isn't an Alien 5. Unless you count Alien vs. Predator, which apparently is worse. There's also Rocky 4, but it's 100x better than Rocky 5.

I can't think of any titles or series where the 4th one sucks but the 5th one is better.

mankvill
08-11-2014, 11:50 AM
I can't think of any titles or series where the 4th one sucks but the 5th one is better.

Metal Gear Solid ;)

elturtleboy
08-11-2014, 11:55 AM
If only the Sunday 5th stage was on Saturday.

Seriously,then I would fucking go. I dont wanna see Napalm play with all those shitty bands :(.

adamclark52
08-11-2014, 12:05 PM
I don't get the reference. I mean, i'm sure it has something to do with a car. But yeah. Should have used Alien 4. God that was horrible. Though there isn't an Alien 5. Unless you count Alien vs. Predator, which apparently is worse. There's also Rocky 4, but it's 100x better than Rocky 5.

Yeah sorry, that's a cheesy car reference. Mazda has the Mazda 2, the Mazda 3, the Mazda 5 and the Mazda 6. I've always wondered what happened to the Mazda 4.

Metal Gear Solid ;)

Hey, Guns of the Patriots was a great movie.

marker
08-11-2014, 12:43 PM
So the cheapest seats are around 85 bucks. That's for a Saturday 1 day pass. What a joke.

elturtleboy
08-11-2014, 01:17 PM
So the cheapest seats are around 85 bucks. That's for a Saturday 1 day pass. What a joke.

OH FUCK THAT

rjturtle9
08-11-2014, 02:21 PM
Got mine for $20.

marker
08-11-2014, 03:03 PM
Got mine for $20.

Good to see you're around.

Jochen
08-11-2014, 03:48 PM
Cool to see Immolation and Napalm Death on there. I don't recall them being in the first announcement.

XDoomsayerX
08-11-2014, 04:11 PM
Had it been this Id be there in a sec:

Main Stage:
Slipknot
Danzig
Anthrax
Hatebreed
Testament

Stage 2:
Carcass
TBDM
Devildriver
[cool band from final announcements]

Stage 3:
KSE
TDWP
Atreyu
VoM

Stage 4:
Fear Factory
Napalm Death
Immolation
[cool band from final announcements]

Napalm Death, Immolation, and Fear Factory I doubt peeps who listen to FFDP even know who they are. Should be on Sat with Caracass.

Also I thought In this Moment died, how are they headlining a side stage? :eyes:

rjturtle9
08-11-2014, 04:22 PM
Good to see you're around.

I lurk more than anything nowadays.

energymetal14
08-11-2014, 06:01 PM
Poor ND, nobody is gonna be watching them. Their fans wont pay to see them on that day and anyone else actually going wont give a shit about them.

mankvill
08-11-2014, 06:08 PM
Poor ND, nobody is gonna be watching them. Their fans wont pay to see them on that day and anyone else actually going wont give a shit about them.

"BUT THE EXPOSURE!" - dumbasses, circa 2014

Steev
08-11-2014, 06:24 PM
So Motogrator was trying to raise money to get on, they've raised $80

Travis The Dragon
08-13-2014, 10:29 PM
This is what it's looking so far and there's going to be a stage 004 for a total of over 60 bands! (http://www.smnnews.com/2014/08/12/slipknots-knotfest-adds-another-stage-10-more-bands-to-3-day-festival-bill%e2%80%8f/) It's pretty amazing to see a festival this huge here in the USA! Hopefully it will open the door to more super huge festivals.

The current KNOTFEST U.S. band lineup
Friday, October 24-Pre-Party For Camping & VIP Guests
Stage 003: The Black Dahlia Murder, Chelsea Grin
Stage 002: Suicide Silence, Butcher Babies, Alterbeast

Saturday, October 25
Stage 005: Satyricon, Otep, Amen, Prong, Immolation
Stage 003: In This Moment, The Devil Wears Prada, Butcher Babies, Miss May I, One OK Rock
Stage 002: Testament, Carcass, Maximum The Hormone, King 810, Man With A Mission
Stage 001: Slipknot, Danzig, Anthrax, Black Label Society, Hatebreed

Sunday, October 26
Stage 005: Fear Factory, Napalm Death, Attika 7, Exmortus, Rattlehead
Stage 003: Killswitch Engage, Whitechapel, Upon A Burning Body, Anti-Mortem
Stage 002: Of Mice & Men, DevilDriver, Veil Of Maya, Nothing More
Stage 001: Slipknot, Five Finger Death Punch, Volbeat, Tech N9ne, Atreyu, Hellyeah

Beagle
08-13-2014, 10:49 PM
Im Really really hoping that The Faceless got put on stage 004, and they have not dropped off. :flame:

daimonos
08-14-2014, 12:58 AM

That's happening. That's all I know/can tell you. I know a few dates but I wouldn't count on Kansas.

treghet
08-15-2014, 03:18 AM
Hopefully Knotfest isn't the only date in Southern California, but I'm not counting on it. I have no interest in paying way too much to see them do a 45 minute set with only one old song.

ravenheart
08-18-2014, 05:33 AM

Oct. 24 - Austin, TX - Emo's

Maideneer
08-25-2014, 10:18 AM
Satyricon not playing this fest or Austin, TX now.

adamclark52
08-25-2014, 10:56 AM
Satyricon not playing this fest or Austin, TX now.

Your avatar is too happy for that news.

Maideneer
08-25-2014, 11:00 AM
Your avatar is too happy for that news.

I can't imagine what a head spin I would have if I customized my avatar for every post I make.

Steev
08-25-2014, 12:44 PM
Fear Factory is off and has been replaced by Avatar

DisposableJustice
09-30-2014, 11:00 AM
So to those attending Knotfest, they have a lot of fun stuff to do besides music

Slipknot’s Knotfest (not to be confused with Don Knott’s Knotfest) will take place next month in San Bernardino, CA. And in addition to all the swell musical acts, the fest will feature a ton of “onsite attractions and activities” to keep fans occupied. Most of these attractions and activities are fairly standard for an event of this type (carnival rides, a motorcross show, a tattoo parlor, etc.), but two of the events did stand out to me as particularly noteworthy.
The first of these is a “heavy-petting zoo,” which will be populated exclusively by goats, so that “Knotfest attendees can get close to their horned spirit animals.” I think we should start taking bets on how fast a Maggot takes the “heavy-petting zoo” joke too seriously and attempts to molest one of the goats. I say it will happen within the first ten minutes of the zoo being open

However, you may need to prepare your nose

SCENT OF KNOTFEST
KNOTFEST has its own aroma that will infest your brain, body and clothes for days after the festival is over. Personally picked by Slipknot themselves, the smell of KNOTFEST will permeate the festival grounds. Oil drums will be filled with camel shit and oil, set aflame to last the entire festival.

http://www.metalsucks.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/slipknot-scent-620x319.jpg

http://www.metalsucks.net/2014/09/29/slipknot-dont-think-highly-scent/

slapguitarer
09-30-2014, 11:02 AM
new meaning to "shitknot"

John The Drummer
09-30-2014, 11:25 AM
This cannot be for real..... this has literally turned into The Gathering..... all they need is Watain and everything will be perfect.

adamclark52
09-30-2014, 11:46 AM
It's still better than some of the acts they've booked.

300%_Density
09-30-2014, 12:05 PM
This cannot be for real..... this has literally turned into The Gathering..... all they need is Watain and everything will be perfect.

I guess Coolio wasn't available.

Steev
09-30-2014, 12:56 PM
It's gotten out of hand now, also the last stage they were adding is Headbang for the Highway who between the two days will only have one national act on it(The Faceless)

I actually like the idea of having the one stage in the back of the venue lawn though

Nater
10-02-2014, 09:11 PM
Maybe some of that shit scent will be coming from Paul Grey's rotting corpse

mankvill
10-02-2014, 09:14 PM

would pay to see

dcmetal108
10-02-2014, 11:03 PM

And this is my post of the year.

If Suicide Silence is playing they could have a VR tent where can reenact Mitch's crash as well.

DisposableJustice
10-02-2014, 11:18 PM

maybe Paul loved Camels and this is their way of "honoring" him

ravenheart
10-03-2014, 03:34 AM
It sounds like trolling... can't believe this is actually true!

marker
10-03-2014, 07:53 AM
Bottle it up and sell it as cologne. It would be huge.

Nater
10-03-2014, 08:29 AM
Bottle it up and sell it as cologne. It would be huge.

Get a little bit of Paul in every spray

Derelict
10-03-2014, 10:36 AM

Post of the decade.

marker
10-03-2014, 12:42 PM
Get a little bit of Paul in every spray

Correct, but only the first 1000. The first 1000 would be the Camel Dung cologne limited collector's edition with added gray spray DNA. The rest would just be the standard camel dung scent.

Nothing official yet, I'll keep you guys posted.

300%_Density
10-05-2014, 08:57 PM
Cmon. We won't discuss the biggest news for Knot Fest?

After failing to reach their crowdfunding goal to enter a battle of the bands for a spot on this years US ‘Knotfest‘, Motograter still managed to pull through and gain a spot on the festival. Band drummer Noah “Shark” Robertson said of their addition to the fest and the possibility of teaming up with their ex-frontman, Ivan Moody, now of Five Finger Death Punch:

“It’s official. Motograter is playing Knotfest. Fans are already beginning to speculate as to whether or not Ivan Moody will acknowledge the band in any way. Everyone is asking if he would ever be willing to do a couple songs with us on stage?! We love the guy and there is no bad blood on our side of the table… We are proud of everything he has accomplished! Can’t wait to play this show!”

christopher
10-06-2014, 02:01 AM

After failing to reach their crowdfunding goal to enter a battle of the bands for a spot on this years US ‘Knotfest‘, Motograter still managed to pull through and gain a spot on the festival. Band drummer Noah “Shark” Robertson said of their addition to the fest and the possibility of teaming up with their ex-frontman, Ivan Moody, now of Five Finger Death Punch:
“It’s official. Motograter is playing Knotfest. Fans are already beginning to speculate as to whether or not Ivan Moody will acknowledge the band in any way. Everyone is asking if he would ever be willing to do a couple songs with us on stage?! We love the guy and there is no bad blood on our side of the table… We are proud of everything he has accomplished! Can’t wait to play this show!”

No news is more important than the fact Napalm Death got fucked over...

Steev
10-06-2014, 05:12 AM

This is just getting sad, apparently their fans online are delusional and assume they should be a main stage band

300%_Density
10-06-2014, 05:17 AM
This is just getting sad, apparently their fans online are delusional and assume they should be a main stage band

Aren't their fans delusional based on the fact that it's 2014 and they are Motograter fans still?

Steev
10-06-2014, 06:04 AM
Aren't their fans delusional based on the fact that it's 2014 and they are Motograter fans still?

Yeah kinda, it's sad I saw someone post they want a "Big 4" of costumed bands and to them that's Slipknot/Mushroomhead/Mudvayne/Motogrator

First off yes I'd love to see a Slipknot/Mushroomhead tour, that's been brewing for awhile now. That being said Mudvayne isn't doing anything anytime soon, and lol at thinking Motogrator were ever on the same level as those bands.

ravenheart
10-06-2014, 07:17 AM
First off yes I'd love to see a Slipknot/Mushroomhead tour, that's been brewing for awhile now. That being said Mudvayne isn't doing anything anytime soon, and lol at thinking Motogrator were ever on the same level as those bands.

Or that there aren't several other bands easily above Mushroomhead and Mudvayne who wear costumes on stage.

adamclark52
10-06-2014, 08:21 AM
No news is more important than the fact Napalm Death got fucked over...

Pardon me?

christopher
10-06-2014, 08:30 AM
Pardon me?

I was half asleep when I made that post and angry that Napalm Death is randomly on Sunday with a lineup that makes no sense for them. Just carry on and disregard my post. haha