PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday RAZOR!

illuminatus917
06-16-2014, 08:16 PM
Maybe it will be one you'll always remember.

adamclark52
06-17-2014, 12:03 AM
Happy Birthday

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-2a0WKgWfgGw/UHSAaJZ6EUI/AAAAAAAACL4/wCp0hnbHiB4/s1600/Picture+22.png
(I was going to put a picture of Razor Ramon, but that was way better)

MPF
06-17-2014, 12:06 AM
Happy Birthday!

slapguitarer
06-17-2014, 12:26 AM
happy bday noga!

Natrlhi
06-17-2014, 07:34 AM
Joyeux anniversaire à notre dame de métal bien-aimée!

John The Drummer
06-17-2014, 08:17 AM
Happy Berfder C-Dawg!

mankvill
06-17-2014, 08:23 AM
happy birfday to my favorite girl friend!

:eek:

smearCampaign
06-17-2014, 08:47 AM
Happy Birthday!! :rocker:

kalfitegrdan
06-17-2014, 09:50 AM
Happy birthday!

es156
06-17-2014, 03:13 PM
Happy Birthday!

:light:

Nausea
06-30-2014, 02:10 PM
Happy Birthday Razor! :party:

....Forgot to ask - Did you ever move out west with your BF after he got his google job?

illuminatus917
06-30-2014, 02:46 PM
Happy Birthday Razor! :party:

....Forgot to ask - Did you ever move out west with your BF after he got his google job?

So judging by this post, you're from Metal Uprising?

slapguitarer
06-30-2014, 03:48 PM

Not a chance. Never seen anybody post on metal uprising with that screen name or attitude.

Nausea
07-01-2014, 05:37 AM

No, I'm from real life. And also am not a member of MU.

RAZOR
07-02-2014, 05:57 PM
I've been neglectful of this site lately so I'm just seeing this haha. Thank you guys! :hug: :party:

Forgive me for having a total brain fart here haha but how do you know this if you're not from MU? :eyes:

illuminatus917
07-02-2014, 06:00 PM
Forgive me for having a total brain fart here haha but how do you know this if you're not from MU? :eyes:

You might want to read through this thread (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=24560&page=5). With emphasis on pages 5-8.

illuminatus917
07-02-2014, 06:01 PM
Also, RAZOR. Your boyfriend works for Google?

RAZOR
07-02-2014, 06:28 PM
oooh thank you!

Hi Wake! It's been quite a while! and I didn't have to move out west! Google has an office right here in Pittsburgh. :)

Also, RAZOR. Your boyfriend works for Google?

and yep! He started a few months ago. It's an amazing opportunity.

illuminatus917
07-02-2014, 06:45 PM
oooh thank you!

Hi Wake! It's been quite a while! and I didn't have to move out west! Google has an office right here in Pittsburgh. :)

and yep! He started a few months ago. It's an amazing opportunity.

Sure enough. I just looked up Google's office in Pittsburgh.

http://i58.tinypic.com/oaw02x.jpg

Do you mind saying what kind of position he got and whether or not he has a degree? And if he does have a degree, what in?

I'm only curious because I'm six months into job searching myself, and am in, what seems to be, an endless procession of rotten luck and dead ends.

Maybe I should be applying with Google.

RAZOR
07-02-2014, 07:00 PM
Sure enough. I just looked up Google's office in Pittsburgh.

http://i58.tinypic.com/oaw02x.jpg

Do you mind saying what kind of position he got and whether or not he has a degree? And if he does have a degree, what in?

I'm only curious because I'm six months into job searching myself, and am in, what seems to be, an endless procession of rotten luck and dead ends.

They have a giant hammock in there too, it's the coolest thing haha.

He works in their network security department, and yeah, he has a bachelors and associates degrees in computer science.

I feel like it was a lucky break type of thing. He knew someone in college that works for them, put in a good work for him, and he got an interview and got the job!

illuminatus917
07-02-2014, 07:06 PM
I feel like it was a lucky break type of thing. He knew someone in college that works for them, put in a good work for him, and he got an interview and got the job!

Well shit. I've always heard it was notoriously hard to get a job there. Don't know if that's true or not, but tell him congratulations.

RAZOR
07-02-2014, 07:12 PM
Well shit. I've always heard it was notoriously hard to get a job there. Don't know if that's true or not, but tell him congratulations.

Will do. :)

Nausea
07-03-2014, 03:49 AM
oooh thank you!

Hi Razor! Nice to see you online again too :) That's awesome that google had an office in Pittsburgh. In retrospect I think it's funny that I thought a company as big as google would only be located in San Jose. Well glad to hear everything is going well for him and you \m/

Nausea
07-03-2014, 03:53 AM

Did you just graduate? If so what's your major? What is your process for finding jobs? What sort of work are you looking for? If you want, I'd be happy to look over your resume and give you some tips.

Im thinking about quiting my job. If I do, everyone is going to freak the fuck out. Im pretty far up the corporate latter, but im just tired of working for a company that continuously shoots itself in the foot.

John The Drummer
07-03-2014, 08:24 AM
I'm going to take this moment while we are all talking about Google and say...

I was in Bellevue, WA at my favorite drum shop. The onramp to the free way was closed, so I follwed the detour signs.... which ended up leading to a dead end. I then drove around the back roads and got completely lost. At one point i said to myself "Wow... I sure wish I had a smartphone so I could Google maps this "s"...." and moments later I drove past the Google headquarters :bouville:

illuminatus917
07-03-2014, 12:21 PM
Did you just graduate? If so what's your major?

Yeah, last December. I majored in International business, minored in Arabic.

What is your process for finding jobs?

There are about 10 companies I check job postings for on a daily basis, and I submit applications regularly to those companies. These are the ones I'd most like to work for. I've applied for jobs in over 50 though.

What sort of work are you looking for?

Most of the jobs I've applied for are in transportation/logistics/supply chain and importing/exporting operations. Some have been in international merchandising and inventory control. Some have been in replenishment. I've applied for jobs in trade operations with Wells Fargo.

I've got a number of potential jobs on the table right now... just no offers yet.

Im thinking about quiting my job. If I do, everyone is going to freak the fuck out. Im pretty far up the corporate latter, but im just tired of working for a company that continuously shoots itself in the foot.

So what's your situation there? Who do you work for?

Nausea
07-03-2014, 03:21 PM
So what's your situation there? Who do you work for?

Sounds like you have a good handle on what you are looking for and how to get it. Keep at it, im sure it will pan out for you soon.

I don't really like giving out too many personal details, however I will say I work for a large defense contractor designing electronics and managing projects. I am one level below a senior scientist, which is like getting tenure with a university. I am regularly consulted by the company directors for strategic product development. I handle all our FPGA design software purchases, which at the moment is about 800,000 in annual expenses. I directly manage a team of 7 engineers and 2 subcontractors. I am also the manager of the companies technology review board. throughout my career I've developed a number of cool and exciting technologies. I've done stuff from ASIC design for the communication market, I've designed radio payloads for UAV's global-hawk and predator, I've developed handheld devices, and fiber communication systems, and probably the coolest thing I did is spent 5 years designing 2 satellites which are in active service now.

My issue with the company is right now we are positioned to dominate the market and be the sole technology leader. The CEO however seems more keen on a 5 year plan for himself, so he is completely fucking the company over to artificially make our profits look better then they are, such that his stock incentive will cash out for more. He is not running the company as if he wants us to be the next google, but running it to squeeze as much profits as he can for his pocket. They are doing a reorganization at work that will drastically reduce my ability to execute on major incentives I have going on. It will cripple our productivity... Im fed up with doing everything they can to fuck us over, and am thinking about looking to find a company that actually wants to be successful. Im pretty pissed over it right now, who knows if I will actually do anything. I'm paid a ridiculous amount of money for my position so it might be hard to find something comparable. maybe not.

Really I need to start my own company, but it's hard taking that sort of risk when you have 4 little kids at home. the youngest 1 month old

illuminatus917
07-03-2014, 07:36 PM
Good lord, that post was a large pill to swallow. Assuming everything you said is on the level, how willing would you and your family be to relocate? I'd be surprised if you couldn't find a job with comparable pay with that kind of experience, but it would probably require relocation. Or really, if you're that dissatisfied with your circumstances, wouldn't you consider taking a cut?

Are you actively looking elsewhere?

I hate to say it, and I'm probably not saying anything you don't already know, but your company's situation isn't exclusive to your company. It's one of the disadvantages of being public (and of having a greedy CEO). Short-term strategy often trumps long-term strategy, for obvious monetary reasons.

Nausea
07-04-2014, 01:45 PM
Yeah, you hit the nail on the head with "how willing are you to relocate". 4+ years ago I was living in Seattle area with a similar job, when the site hit some financial problems which resulted in almost everyone losing their job. I had a new job within 2 weeks, but we were moving to NY. Back then moving wasnt so difficult because the kids were just starting school - Now I'd like to avoid having to move them so that drastically limits my options. If I was willing to relocate, I'd have a job within a week.

You are also right with my company's situation not being any different then other publicity traded company. We have a real sickness in this country, where the elite 1% are sucking companies dry without providing anything beneficial to the company or society. They'll say garbage like they are employing 10k people giving them good jobs, when they are getting paid 10's of millions and everyone else is making jack squat. And how did they get to that position? Not by hard work... It's who they know and who they are friends with, and what political donations that have made. The rich getting richer at the expense of society.

Right now I am not looking for work else where. The reorganization was just shared with me on Wednesday, and I dont ever act rashly. If I was younger I'd tell them to fuck off. Now I will give them a month to see how their system is working out, and if it is how I think it will be, then I will start applying to local companies. The reorganization isn't a layoff, just a restructuring of who people report to and what they can work on. Who knows, maybe things wont be as bad as I think they will be. As long as I am able to execute initiatives that I've identified as critical need, I'll be happy.