PDA

View Full Version : Rank your favorite Soda/Pop/Soft Drink

DisposableJustice
06-15-2014, 09:09 PM
So the thread on a 90's band tour turned into a discussion on soda from that time and because of that I would love to see your rankings on your all time favorite soda/pop/soft drink/whatever you call it, and this is all time you go retro if you want

Mine:

1. Mountain Dew
2. Mr. Pibb and/or Pibb Extra
3. Cherry Coke
4. Mountain Dew Code Red
5. Surge
6. Orange Crush
7. Storm (yes it got renamed Sierra Mist but Storm is a much cooler name)
8. Mountain Dew Baja Blast
9. Dr. Pepper
10. Mountain Dew Game Fuel (the very first one promoting Halo 3 in 2007)
http://www.bevreview.com/wp-content/image_mountaindewgamefuel01.jpg

Also do you prefer your soda from a can, bottle or from a fountain drink machine? For me it is the fountain machine I think the soda tastes "fresher" if you will much like some beer drinkers prefer draft beer over a can or bottle

NickLed19
06-15-2014, 09:27 PM
Vault was awesome.

DisposableJustice
06-15-2014, 09:49 PM
Vault was awesome.

Wow Vault...I remember that being pretty good I was surprised Coca-Cola stopped making it

NickLed19
06-15-2014, 11:48 PM
Yeah it was my favorite. I do not drunk a lot of soda, but I loved Vault. I also really like Cherry Coke and Mountain Dew.

HandOfDoom
06-16-2014, 12:29 AM
Stewart's makes alot of my favorites

1. 7 Up
2. Cream Soda
3. Keylime
4. Grape
5. Coke
7. Orange
8. Root Beer

TheWildAndTheYoung
06-16-2014, 07:10 AM
1.Coke (yea sorry, boring choice but this is my addiction)
2.Dr. Pepper
3.Orange and cream soda
4.Mr. Pibb (though the taste strongly resembles Dr. P)
5.Vanilla Coke
6.Cream Soda
7.Pepsi
8.Fanta Orange
9.Sprite
10.Mountain Dew (I use to really love it as a kid, but not so much now. It's still alright though)

I prefer the fountain, bottle and cans are ok but bottle's usually leave the drink stuck to my teeth.

AnthG
06-16-2014, 07:13 AM
Cherry Coke, Vanilla Coke, Wild Cherry Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Cream Soda Crush. All good times.

John The Drummer
06-16-2014, 07:16 AM
I don't drink much soda, used to, so lets see here.....

1. Pepsi Blue
2. Barqs Rootbeer (think thats how you spell it)
3. Strawberry Fanta
4. Sprite
5. Sierra Mist
6. Cherry Coke

treghet
06-16-2014, 07:34 AM
I loved Cactus Cooler and Orange Crush when I was a kid. I very rarely drink soda anymore though. And if I do drink a soda I definitely prefer it from a glass bottle.

Alduin
06-16-2014, 07:52 AM
I drink waaaaaaay to much Coke, but I fuckin love it, especially from an Ice cold can
Second fav would be A&w followed by any flavour of Stewarts soda

PVH5150
06-16-2014, 08:05 AM
1. Dr. Pepper
2. Barq's Root Beer
3. Mountain Dew Code Red
4. IBC Cream Soda
5. Coca Cola
6. Sarsaparilla
7. Wild Cherry Pepsi
8. Seagram's Ginger Ale
9. Cherry 7 Up
10. dnL (How's that for a throwback?)

And Mr. Pibb tastes almost as bad as a store brand knockoff Dr. Pepper.

RAZOR
06-16-2014, 08:51 AM
Pop/soda/whatever is nasty. :hecho:

TheWildAndTheYoung
06-16-2014, 08:51 AM
And Mr. Pibb tastes almost as bad as a store brand knockoff Dr. Pepper.

:lol: No.

Natrlhi
06-16-2014, 09:07 AM
The existence of this thread is rather sad and futile...

...but of course that won't stop me from posting in it.

Coke Zero or nothing, bitches.

John The Drummer
06-16-2014, 09:44 AM
Oh yeah, I gotta throw Pepsi One in here too :lol:
I was raised on that shit back when it got huge.

Speaking of pop.... anyone remember back when Star Wars Episode 1 came out they had all the cans of the different characters? I think I collected all of them :D

adamclark52
06-16-2014, 10:08 AM
Oh yeah, I gotta throw Pepsi One in here too :lol:
I was raised on that shit back when it got huge.

Speaking of pop.... anyone remember back when Star Wars Episode 1 came out they had all the cans of the different characters? I think I collected all of them :D

Pfft, who'd do that? :eyes:

slapguitarer
06-16-2014, 10:13 AM
I loved Cactus Cooler and Orange Crush when I was a kid. I very rarely drink soda anymore though. And if I do drink a soda I definitely prefer it from a glass bottle.

this. mexican coke is about all I'll drink now-a-days. Once or twice a month, max.

AnthG
06-16-2014, 10:14 AM

You've clearly never been 10 years old.

John The Drummer
06-16-2014, 11:05 AM

RAZOR'S TOP SOFT DRINKS

1. Budweiser
2. Coors Lite
3. Corona
4. Budweiser
5. Budweiser
6. Black Tooth Grin

:rocker:

marker
06-16-2014, 11:34 AM
The existence of this thread is rather sad and futile...

:barf:..but of course that won't stop me from posting in it.

Coke Zero or nothing, bitches.:

1. Mr. Pibb
2. Dr. Pepper
3. Coke
4. Cherry coke

Fountain is the best, but sometimes it is watered down.

adamclark52
06-16-2014, 12:42 PM
I can never understand when people say Dr. Pepper and Cherry Coke taste the same. Not even close.

Being a diabetic I don't drink any pop anymore. I did drink diet pop for a while but some of that stuff is vile. But I did like:
Vanilla Pepsi
Vanilla Coke
Dr. Pepper
clear Cream Soda
Mountain Dew
Coke Zero

AnthG
06-16-2014, 12:46 PM
Do only Carbonated drinks count? Because I can't think of a beverage, other than water, that i've had more over the last couple of years than Iced Tea.

I also love me some Rockstar Energy Drink, but have cut down significantly on that since energy drinks are basically poison.

PVH5150
06-16-2014, 01:05 PM
:lol: No.

Yes. Pibb is literally nothing more than a watered down Dr. Pepper.

John The Drummer
06-16-2014, 01:34 PM
I can never understand when people say Dr. Pepper and Cherry Coke taste the same. Not even close.

Who says that!? Dem be cray cray.

TheWildAndTheYoung
06-16-2014, 01:43 PM

This. I love Dr. P but hate Cherry Coke. I think it taste like medicine.

BloodoftheKings
06-16-2014, 01:50 PM
1. Dr Pepper
2. Root beer
3. Vanilla Coke
4. Cherry Coke/Pepsi
5. Coke/Pepsi
6. Orange & Cream soda
7. Mt Dew
8. Cream soda
9. Grape soda
10. Sprite/Sierra Mist/7 Up

MPF
06-16-2014, 01:51 PM
I love Pepsi and Coke equally. When i go to the store to buy some I just go with whatever is cheaper at the time.

Mountain Dew and Mello Yello are up there as well although not as much.

A&W and Barq are awesome Root Beer. Although nothing beats 1919 Root Beer. I've only ever seen it in bars, but if you see it ever available and you are a Root Beer fan I highly recommend it.

My favorite specialty pop is Mountain Dew Voltage. That gets my bull running.

I love me some Grape Soda (drink) or Orange soda from time to time.

Never been a fan of Vanilla pop of any kind, Dr. Pepper, Mr. Pibb, Diet Shasta Orange, or any of that stuff.

mastodon421
06-16-2014, 02:06 PM
1.Mountain Dew
2.Sprite
3.Pepsi
4.Mountain Dew High Voltage
5.Mountain Dew Code Red
6.Dr. Pepper
7.Coke
8.A&W Root Beer
9.Vanilla Coke
10.Grape Drank

I'm going to exclude Baja Blast from the list because it's (normally) not available for retail sale and I'm currently weeping that no store in my area still has any cans/bottles left in stock.

John The Drummer
06-16-2014, 02:10 PM
I love me some Grape Soda (drink) or Orange soda from time to time.

is it TRUUUUUUUUEUUUUUUUUE!?

MPF
06-16-2014, 02:11 PM
is it TRUUUUUUUUEUUUUUUUUE!?

MmmmHmmm!

I DO I DO I DOOO-OOOOOO!!!!

John The Drummer
06-16-2014, 02:27 PM
MmmmHmmm!

Glad someone got the reference :party:

adamclark52
06-16-2014, 02:30 PM

People up here in Bizzaro-land.

es156
06-16-2014, 04:06 PM
I love Pepsi and Coke equally...

Impossible!

kalfitegrdan
06-16-2014, 05:39 PM
Vanilla Coke
Vault
Mountain Dew Voltage
Mountain Dew (can or fountain)
Strawberry soft drinks of any kind
Grape soda of any kind
Coke or Pepse or RC (whatever it's all the same)
Orange Crush or Fanta
Root Beer (Dog N Suds or Berghoff. Mug if I'm going with a big name brand.)
Mountain Dew Livewire

MmmmHmmm!

:party:

mankvill
06-16-2014, 06:08 PM
Full Throttle is the best energy drink because it's actually delicious and doesn't taste like fruity ballsack like 90% of other energy drinks. I am not bullshitting when i say, on average, I've had at least five Full Throttle's a week since 2008. I drink that shit like wine, no joke. Other semi-okay energy drinks are red Monster (white and blue are okay too), Rockstar Pure Zero Red and Rockstar Green Apple, and Mountain Dew's Kickstart drink, all flavors (although this is literally just about Mountain Dew anyway). Red Bull is SHIT, Nos is SHIT, OG Monster is SHIT, coffee-infused energy drinks are SHIT, Venom is SHIT.

As far as pop (only losers call them "soft drinks" or "soda"), I'm a Pepsi man. OG Pepsi is great but I actually really, really like Pepsi One. Mountain Dew is Jesus, Mountain Dew: Code Red is God, but Mountain Dew: Baja Blast is Odin. Fuck man, that shit is amazing.

Orange soda (only acceptable time to use the word "soda") is dank as well. And A&W root beer > Barqs.

John The Drummer
06-16-2014, 06:13 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/719fe5ad12ff5faf59fda7790198f7e7/tumblr_mfrfrimAJ81r5zq6ao5_400.gif

PVH5150
06-16-2014, 06:22 PM
Full Throttle is the best energy drink because it's actually delicious and doesn't taste like fruity ballsack like 90% of other energy drinks. I am not bullshitting when i say, on average, I've had at least five Full Throttle's a week since 2008. I drink that shit like wine, no joke. Other semi-okay energy drinks are red Monster (white and blue are okay too), Rockstar Pure Zero Red and Rockstar Green Apple, and Mountain Dew's Kickstart drink, all flavors (although this is literally just about Mountain Dew anyway). Red Bull is SHIT, Nos is SHIT, OG Monster is SHIT, coffee-infused energy drinks are SHIT, Venom is SHIT.

As far as pop (only losers call them "soft drinks" or "soda"), I'm a Pepsi man. OG Pepsi is great but I actually really, really like Pepsi One. Mountain Dew is Jesus, Mountain Dew: Code Red is God, but Mountain Dew: Baja Blast is Odin. Fuck man, that shit is amazing.

Orange soda (only acceptable time to use the word "soda") is dank as well. And A&W root beer > Barqs.

Only hicks call it "pop" and A&W is probably the worst root beer on the market alongside Mug. Only ones that even come close to Barq's are IBC and Hank's.

mankvill
06-16-2014, 06:25 PM
Only hicks call it "pop" and A&W is probably the worst root beer on the market alongside Mug. Only ones that even come close to Barq's are IBC and Hank's.

This post should be immortalized as to what to say if you want to be perceived as a complete n00b and lunatic who has shit taste in everything

kalfitegrdan
06-16-2014, 06:41 PM

Literally any other root beer > Barq's

John The Drummer
06-16-2014, 06:47 PM
Please tell me I'm not the only one who back in the day put a glass bottle of root beer in the freezer to frost it up, scratched off the "ROOT" part of it, and then tried to convince my friend that it was real beer..... >___>

RAZOR
06-16-2014, 07:24 PM
RAZOR'S TOP SOFT DRINKS

1. Budweiser
2. Coors Lite
3. Corona
4. Budweiser
5. Budweiser
6. Black Tooth Grin

:rocker:

:allan:

TheWildAndTheYoung
06-16-2014, 07:40 PM
Please tell me I'm not the only one who back in the day put a glass bottle of root beer in the freezer to frost it up, scratched off the "ROOT" part of it, and then tried to convince my friend that it was real beer..... >___>
I had a friend once who had a glass bottle of root beer and took the label off, and drunk it beside the street and most of the drivers would slow down and look at him in shock.

mastodon421
06-17-2014, 03:20 AM

I'll agree with you that Red Bull and Venom are absolute shit, but OG Monster is amazing (I'm actually drinking one right now.) I drink a shitload of energy drinks myself and my faves are any Monster Product, Full Throttle, Rockstar, Rockstar Zero Calorie (Blue Can) and Green Amp.

kalfitegrdan
06-17-2014, 04:13 AM
I had a friend once who had a glass bottle of root beer and took the label off, and drunk it beside the street and most of the drivers would slow down and look at him in shock.

I did that in middle school and got stopped by a cop. :lol:

AnthG
06-17-2014, 05:52 AM
Anyone ever drink Dad's Root beer? Shit is awesome.

And as far as the terminology, I always thought it was as simple as "Americans call it soda (or "souder" if you're from Jersey), Canadians call it pop."

TheWildAndTheYoung
06-17-2014, 06:44 AM
I did that in middle school and got stopped by a cop. :lol:

:lol:

PVH5150
06-17-2014, 07:45 AM

And as far as the terminology, I always thought it was as simple as "Americans call it soda (or "souder" if you're from Jersey), Canadians call it pop."

Bostonians call it tonic, which I absolutely don't fucking get at all.

AnthG
06-17-2014, 07:54 AM

Seriously? I lived in Massachusetts for 3 years when I was younger and never heard of it referred to as that.

Natrlhi
06-17-2014, 08:05 AM

Pronounced "tannic", I presume.

DisposableJustice
06-17-2014, 08:05 AM
Seriously? I lived in Massachusetts for 3 years when I was younger and never heard of it referred to as that.

I thought it was called pop in the south, shows you how much I know....

and Manks Baja Blast being available in stores has been the greatest thing ever I got 2 12 packs and the stuff tastes amazing. I hope they decide to keep it a stable like code red

TheWildAndTheYoung
06-17-2014, 08:20 AM
Everyone I know calls it soda, never actually heard someone call it pop.

mankvill
06-17-2014, 08:22 AM

you disgusting east coast trash

PVH5150
06-17-2014, 08:34 AM
Pronounced "tannic", I presume.

Tawnic, d00d pal buddy guy chief pal boss kehd.

Natrlhi
06-17-2014, 08:41 AM
:lol:

mankvill
06-17-2014, 08:44 AM
AHR YOO UH KOOAWP?

marker
06-17-2014, 09:14 AM

It's weird how it works. When I lived in Washington State everyone calls it pop, but if you ask for a pop down here they'll look at you like you're retarded.

slapguitarer
06-17-2014, 09:16 AM
It's weird how it works. When I lived in Washington State everyone calls it pop, but if you ask for a pop down here they'll look at you like you're retarded.

yeah because it's called soda :mad:

mastodon421
06-17-2014, 10:03 AM

Yep that's the accurate Massachusetts pronunciation of tonic. To be honest, not too may people (that I've heard at least) refer to soda as tonic.

PVH5150
06-17-2014, 10:22 AM
Yep that's the accurate Massachusetts pronunciation of tonic. To be honest, not too may people (that I've heard at least) refer to soda as tonic.

Seems to be an old school thing. My mother, aunts & uncles all refer to it as tonic, and they're all in their 50s, 60s & 70s.

Anywhoo, Doctah Peppah. Wicked pissah, guy.

mastodon421
06-17-2014, 10:30 AM
Seems to be an old school thing. My mother, aunts & uncles all refer to it as tonic, and they're all in their 50s, 60s & 70s.

Anywhoo, Doctah Peppah. Wicked pissah, guy.

Yeah it must be, my grandmother is in her late 70's and she only calls it tonic.

DisposableJustice
06-17-2014, 10:57 AM
Somebody mentioned tea, so I might as well ask if you guys have any favorite ice tea; my favorite is Xing tea which is made here in Colorado

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u635/rocktmagazine/Xing_sell_sheet-Front2twitter5_zpsbc604777.jpg

Found out about this when I worked at Whole Foods, I love the mango, peach, half/half and raspberry

El Gordo
06-17-2014, 03:42 PM
It's called pop, you fucks.

John The Drummer
06-17-2014, 03:49 PM
Somebody mentioned tea, so I might as well ask if you guys have any favorite ice tea; my favorite is Xing tea which is made here in Colorado

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u635/rocktmagazine/Xing_sell_sheet-Front2twitter5_zpsbc604777.jpg

Found out about this when I worked at Whole Foods, I love the mango, peach, half/half and raspberry

Peach tea is amazing, no matter what the brand!!! My GF brought me some of this one morning and I was like OMG :wow:

BloodoftheKings
06-17-2014, 05:29 PM
The whole soda and pop thing must depend on the area. Nobody in New York says pop.

mankvill
06-17-2014, 05:37 PM

:party:

TheWildAndTheYoung
06-17-2014, 05:47 PM

I honestly think it's a completely stupid name for a drink.

mankvill
06-17-2014, 05:51 PM
I honestly think it's a completely stupid name for a drink.

The name "pop" from soda pop derives from the the original bottles that were first used. The first glass bottles used had a marble within them. Once filled the pressure from the carbonation within the bottle would hold the marble up in the neck of the bottle thus creating an airtight seal. To open the bottle, you would press down on the marble with a finger to release the seal. When the seal was broken there was an audible popping sound and thus you get the name "pop".

TheWildAndTheYoung
06-17-2014, 06:10 PM
The name "pop" from soda pop derives from the the original bottles that were first used. The first glass bottles used had a marble within them. Once filled the pressure from the carbonation within the bottle would hold the marble up in the neck of the bottle thus creating an airtight seal. To open the bottle, you would press down on the marble with a finger to release the seal. When the seal was broken there was an audible popping sound and thus you get the name "pop".

Sounds more like the name for the sound, not for the actual drink.

mankvill
06-17-2014, 06:18 PM
Sounds more like the name for the sound, not for the actual drink.

where do you think these kind of names come from? it's the same reason people call the cinema "movies" and two-way transponders "walkie-talkies"

hellawaits77ny
06-17-2014, 06:31 PM
Dudes, I could go on forever about soda. If I ever go to grad school, that's what my Master's Thesis will be on.

christopher
06-17-2014, 06:34 PM
I keep wanting to check this (http://www.galcos.com/) place out. I hear they have hundreds of different types of sodas from all over the world!!

I have been a fan of Yerba Mate lately. I have never seen Xing in my area but will look now!

DisposableJustice
06-17-2014, 09:10 PM
I keep wanting to check this (http://www.galcos.com/) place out. I hear they have hundreds of different types of sodas from all over the world!!

I have been a fan of Yerba Mate lately. I have never seen Xing in my area but will look now!

Xing is a pretty young operation but I know they have been expanding like crazy I know Costco is a big supplier so check there first; Besides whole foods sprouts, and safeway also carry it

John The Drummer
09-18-2014, 02:14 PM
I was browsing the "Most Popular" videos on YouTube and saw that Surge is back/coming back!

barf.

DisposableJustice
09-18-2014, 02:19 PM
I was browsing the "Most Popular" videos on YouTube and saw that Surge is back/coming back!

barf.

Saw that; I remember trying Surge back in the day, it was ok but since I was/am a mountain dew junkie and I felt like Surge had a bitter aftertaste. Plus since it is only being sold via Amazon it's not really worth the price to me

PVH5150
09-18-2014, 02:20 PM

barf.

I would give my left nut for Pepsi Blue & Dr. Pepper Red Fusion to be back in production.

Christen
09-18-2014, 07:51 PM
1. Vanilla Coke
2. Cherry Dr. Pepper
3. Dr. Pepper
4. Monster Energy Drink
5. Mountain Dew
6. Red Bull
7. Orange / grape soda
8. Coke / Pepsi

Shit tier
7Up / Sprite