PDA

View Full Version : Warped Tour Telling Fans "No Moshing, No Crowdsurfing"

dcmetal108
06-15-2014, 09:01 PM
http://lgoat.com/i/news/warped_tour_no_moshing.jpg

Although organizers of the Warped Tour have attempted to prevent mosh pits in the past (last year they asked bands not to ask for pits), this year they've gone a step further by hanging banners at each stage that say "no moshing/crowd surfing." Today was the first day of Warped Tour 2014, and a photo of one of the banners can be seen below.

We understand the legal reasons for doing this, but unless they attempt to kick people out for partaking, which would be nearly impossible, it doesn't seem likely that moshing and crowd surfing won't take place. Perhaps just hanging the banners gives them added legal protection? Regardless, reports from today's Warped Tour indicate that some fans are indeed ignoring the banners.

Well from what I understand they are simply hanging the banner to avoid lawsuits.

Last time ETID played Warped I crowdsurfed 15 times during the set and if they think I'm not throwing down for Terror, TGI ,and ETID then they have another thing coming.

mankvill
06-15-2014, 09:04 PM
This was already posted in the Warped thread. It's just to cover their asses.

dcmetal108
06-15-2014, 09:07 PM

Didn't know it was posted, and yeah I guessed that. one venue around me has a sign that says "no slam dancing, no stagediving" but they allow it anyway.

Just thought it was funny for Warped Tour of all things to have it.

elturtleboy
06-15-2014, 09:14 PM
I hope they get sued they've been lame for years now

OraclesofAgony
06-15-2014, 09:31 PM
"No more Warped Tour"

If only....

OraclesofAgony
06-15-2014, 09:32 PM
Even the Chain Reaction has a sign up that says "NO MOSHING, NO STAGE DIVING" and I've never seen more stage diving in my life.

Steev
06-15-2014, 09:42 PM
Every year at Rock on the Range they put up in giant letters that you risk injury

elturtleboy
06-16-2014, 01:46 AM
Even the Chain Reaction has a sign up that says "NO MOSHING, NO STAGE DIVING" and I've never seen more stage diving in my life.

LOL THATS EXACTLY WHAT I THOUGHT AS WELL.

treghet
06-16-2014, 02:10 AM

Came to post this. :lol:

christopher
06-16-2014, 02:25 AM

That is hilarious!! It's so goddamn true!! :lol:

Datjazzfusion
06-16-2014, 07:11 AM

This.

You can mosh. Bands just are not allowed to tell you to mosh, because that way some parent of a fifteen year old has a harder time sueing when the fifteen year old disobeys and lands on their skull.

Cross Face Chicken Wing
06-16-2014, 07:26 AM
Ticketmaster and various venues used to put NO MOSHING on the actual ticket back in the day and that was back when moshing was much more prevalent than it is at shows today.

rjturtle9
06-16-2014, 07:41 AM

I remember one time I got a concussion at a Municipal Waste show at that venue from a crowd surfer landing on me. I love that venue so much.

justinm4bama
06-16-2014, 08:20 AM
"No more Warped Tour"

If only....

:party:

adamclark52
06-16-2014, 08:51 AM
The Havelock Jamboree tries doing the same thing every year too, but nothing stops me from throwing down during Kim Michelle... nothing.

Christen
06-16-2014, 01:21 PM
I've been to plenty of concerts where the venue tries to enforce no moshing or crowd surfing. Doesn't usually happen.

dcmetal108
06-16-2014, 05:49 PM
I remember one time I got a concussion at a Municipal Waste show at that venue from a crowd surfer landing on me. I love that venue so much.

I got a concussion at a Oceano show once :eyes::eyes:

OraclesofAgony
06-17-2014, 01:27 AM

Yeah, one of my favorite venues. It's been a couple years since I've been to a show there.

AnthG
06-17-2014, 06:40 AM
Just to be clear, for those saying you've been to shows where the venue says "no moshing" and then it doesn't happen, is that because the venue security doesn't make an effort to enforce it, or because they try to enforce it and fail?

Natrlhi
06-17-2014, 08:40 AM
I got a concussion at a Oceano show once :eyes::eyes:

Presumably from beating your head against the wall for wasting your money like that. :wallbang:

hot_turkey_ed
06-17-2014, 11:34 AM
You can mosh. Bands just are not allowed to tell you to mosh...

Bands shouldn't have to tell anyone to mosh... ever... :mrt:

Natrlhi
06-17-2014, 11:38 AM
Bands shouldn't have to tell anyone to mosh... ever... :mrt:

This.

dcmetal108
06-17-2014, 11:43 AM
Presumably from beating your head against the wall for wasting your money like that. :wallbang:

I was like 15 and was just watching the band at Mojoes in Joliet and they had areas roped off and Oceano had them turn off all the lights for a breakdown and told everyone to punch each other in the face and when that happened I got pushed over the rope and smacked my head on a railing then on a few stairs.

Shit sucked and that entire thing was stupid.

mattlion
06-17-2014, 11:50 AM
I was like 15 and was just watching the band at Mojoes in Joliet and they had areas roped off and Oceano had them turn off all the lights for a breakdown and told everyone to punch each other in the face and when that happened I got pushed over the rope and smacked my head on a railing then on a few stairs.

I have no idea how that band gets booked. Or how anyone listens to them, for that matter.

slapguitarer
06-17-2014, 11:56 AM

Quite literally the stupidest thing I've ever heard a band do. That's incredibly irresponsible and juvenile.

Steev
06-17-2014, 12:03 PM
Quite literally the stupidest thing I've ever heard a band do. That's incredibly irresponsible and juvenile.

Yep, and nowadays that can be a lawsuit for them being dummies

dcmetal108
06-17-2014, 12:33 PM
Yep, and nowadays that can be a lawsuit for them being dummies

I wasn't even moshing, just by the stage watching it and killed my night lol. I wasn't even there to see them mainly. (I wanted to see Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza and Carnifex.

Funny thing is too that Oceano is from Chicago and rarely plays here anymore on tours since they CAN'T DRAW FOR SHIT!

The Oceano / All Shall Perish tour that was actually in Chicago (and not Joliet) drew just over 100 people.