PDA

View Full Version : Reissues Thread

treghet
06-11-2014, 03:43 AM
I figure it would be helpful to have a thread specifically devoted to news about reissues that way people are less likely to miss out on releases they would have liked to purchase. Reissues don't typically necessitate their own threads on here and Facebook doesn't show all of the posts by pages you have liked in your news feed, so it's easy for stuff to fly under the radar. Post anything you think would be of interest to people here! I'll start off with a few things out now or currently being worked on.

Satanic Warmaster - Strength & Honour has been reissued on vinyl recently and is available here (http://shop-hellsheadbangers.com/satanic-warmaster-strength-and-honour-vinyl.asp). Unless you want to spend around $150 on the original pick it up while you can!

Enslaved's first album, Vikingligr Veldi, is going to be released on vinyl for the first time by the band's own label soon.

All of Arghoslent's material will be reissued on CD and vinyl by Drakkar Productions sometime this year.

Osmose will be reissuing the first three Angelcorpse albums and their live album on vinyl this year.

Bolt Thrower's ...For Victory was recently reissued on vinyl by Earache and is available here (http://uswebstore.earache.com/bolt-thrower/bolt-thrower-for-victory-remastered-vinyl).

Up next in the Earache vinyl reissues is Carnage - Dark Recollections, which is up for pre-order here (http://uswebstore.earache.com/carnage-dark-recollections-vinyl).

PVH5150
06-11-2014, 04:19 AM
The remasters that I own all of are Rush (self titled through Presto), Roth-era Van Halen and Judas Priest (Sin After Sin through Painkiller). I mention these ones in particular because, to my ears, they sound better than the original releases. The bonus tracks on the Priest remasters are a nice touch as well.

As far as anything coming up to be re-released/reissued/remastered, I haven't a clue.

ravenheart
06-11-2014, 04:31 AM
Ones I know about off the top of my head:

Bon Jovi - New Jersey (2CD)
Deep Purple - Purpendicular
Krokus - Hardware
Krokus - One Vice At A Time
Krokus - Metal Rendevous
Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin (2CD/LP)
Led Zeppelin - II (2CD/LP)
Led Zeppelin - III (2CD/LP)
Terraplane - Black And White
Vandenberg - Alibi

Coma323
06-11-2014, 05:11 AM
The God Macabre one just came out on Relapse.

markrz
06-11-2014, 05:48 AM
Last year's re-issues of Ceremonial Oath and Sacramentum by Century Media were fantastic. The liner notes were a wealth of good reading (especially in the C.O. reissue). The Demilich set on Svart is also well done.

I'm curious about a new 2CD issue of Emperor ITNE that contains a new mix and an old previously-unreleased mix but I don't know if it has U.S. distribution.

Likewise, I've had a hard time finding the Lykathea Aflame reissue that came out in 2011 or '12, I can't remember which, but I want it.

I hadn't heard about that Carnage one, but I'll check it out now that I know. On similar lines, I'd like to see a Eucharist re-release.

Spiner202
06-11-2014, 06:09 AM
Last year's re-issues of Ceremonial Oath and Sacramentum by Century Media were fantastic. The liner notes were a wealth of good reading (especially in the C.O. reissue). The Demilich set on Svart is also well done.
Agreed. I have the Ceremonial Oath and Sacramentum ones and they're both great.

Does anyone know the quality of the Thresholds (Nocturnus) reissue?

Also, a couple of cool reissues coming in August: Reverend's two albums. This band featured David Wayne after he left Metal Church. These are going to be on Divebomb Records.

treghet
06-11-2014, 06:16 AM
The Demilich set on Svart is also well done.

I really wanted to buy that but $56 plus shipping was a bit much for me. I only really wanted to own Nespithe anyway.

I'm curious about a new 2CD issue of Emperor ITNE that contains a new mix and an old previously-unreleased mix but I don't know if it has U.S. distribution.

I'm sure some US distros will get it eventually. I doubt the unreleased mix is anything worhwhile though. I read an old interview with Faust where he said they were dissatisfied with the original version so they had it remixed before releasing it. All these extras come off as nothing more than a cash grab.

Does anyone know the quality of the Thresholds (Nocturnus) reissue?

You can be sure that the current reissues that Earache is putting out will be as close to the original as you can get. They're all coming from the original masters, unlike the reissues they were putting out in the past.

treghet
06-11-2014, 06:37 AM
Speaking of box sets, I forgot to mention that Century Media will soon be releasing an Ulver box set featuring the trilogie, Vargnatt, and some other material. Read about it here (http://www.centurymedia.com/newsdetailed.aspx?IdNews=14246&IdCompany=3).

anomynous
06-11-2014, 07:11 AM
Earache's prepping Slaughter of the Soul right now

TehBr00tulz
06-11-2014, 08:37 AM
Moonsorrow is releasing every since one of their releases on vinyl in a boxset.

justinm4bama
06-11-2014, 08:50 AM
Century Media is also reissuing all of Dawn's stuff.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
06-11-2014, 10:04 AM
Didn't they just reissue a Cattle Decapitation album? "Karma Bloody Karma," I believe.

Spiner202
06-13-2014, 08:43 AM
Marquee Records is doing a reissue of the Insecticide compilation next month! Hopefully it's not too expensive up here in North America.

treghet
06-14-2014, 05:11 AM
Didn't they just reissue a Cattle Decapitation album? "Karma Bloody Karma," I believe.

Yeah, all of the Cattle Decapitation albums are being reissued. They're available here (http://www.indiemerch.com/metalbladerecords/search/?q=C3Y78X294).

GarageMetal468
06-14-2014, 07:31 AM
Century Media is also reissuing all of Dawn's stuff.

:party:

InFlamesOfBirchmen
06-14-2014, 04:44 PM
Not sure how I forgot to mention this before, but King Diamond just reissued the first few albums. 'Them' sounds great. I got it on marble white vinyl.

treghet
08-24-2014, 03:34 AM
Coming soon from Ván (Europe) and Hells Headbangers (US).

http://img1.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/19760/1976007162099b3fb2336bf534a0290ba276e7b1.jpg

GarageMetal468
08-24-2014, 07:56 AM
Oh shit. These reissues are gonna have me broke in no time.