PDA

View Full Version : Bon Jovi -- New Jersey Deluxe Edition -- July 1st

TheWildAndTheYoung
06-10-2014, 09:51 AM
From Rolling Stone:

"Bon Jovi will celebrate 30 years of living in sin with a massive catalog reissue campaign that kicks off July 1st with a remastered edition of their 1988 album, New Jersey. That record, which reached Number One on the Top 200, contained five singles, including the "Bad Medicine," "I'll Be There for You," "Lay Your Hands on Me" and "Living in Sin." The new version of the record will appear in three iterations, a single disc reissue, a two disc deluxe edition, and two CD, or a two CD/one DVD super deluxe edition, the latter two packed with bonus material.

The two-disc deluxe edition will feature three bonus cuts initially released as B sides, as well as 13 previously unreleased demos from the New Jersey recording sessions that were originally intended to appear on a double-LP titled Sons of Beaches. The deluxe edition will also come with a 32-page booklet filled with insider commentary on the bonus cuts and rare photos from the New Jersey recording sessions and ensuing world tour.

Meanwhile, the super deluxe edition includes a 60-page softcover book and the behind-the-scenes documentary, Access All Areas: A Rock & Roll Odyssey, directed by Wayne Isham, who chronicled Bon Jovi's 16-month, 26-country New Jersey world tour, including their legendary show at Lenin Stadium in Moscow. The footage was initially released in 1990 on VHS, and this marks the first time it will appear on DVD. It includes the seven music videos Isham directed for New Jersey as extras."

Here's the track list:
Disc 1: New Jersey Remaster
1.Lay Your Hands on Me
2.Bad Medicine
3.Born to Be My Baby
4.Living in Sin
5.Blood on Blood
6.Homebound Train
7.Wild Is the Wind
8.Ride Cowboy Ride
9.Stick to Your Guns
10.I'll Be There for You
11.99 in the Shade
12.Love for Sale
13.The Boys Are Back In Town (Thin Lizzy cover, previously released on Stairway To Heaven/Highway To Hell compilation. Released in the U.K. as a 12” single B-side.)
14.Love Is War (B-side from "Living In Sin" single.)
15.Born To Be My Baby (Acoustic Version) (Previously released as a B-side in Japan)

Disc 2: Sons Of Beaches Demoes
1.Homebound Train
2.Judgment Day
3.Full Moon High
4.Growin' Up The Hard Way
5.Let's Make It Baby
6.Love Hurts
7.Backdoor To Heaven
8.Now And Forever
9.Wild Is The Wind
10.Stick To Your Guns
11.House Of Fire (Demo of the song from Alice Cooper's 1989 album Trash)
12.Does Anybody Fall In Love Anymore?
13.Diamond Ring (Later recorded for These Days)

I know nobody here will probably be interested in this, put I plan on getting the super deluxe edition when I'm able to sometime this year. This is only the beginning, because apparently they've promised to release more 30th Anniversary material this year to. With Slippery I better be hearing Game Of The Heart, Edge Of A Broken Heart (I know it's on the box set, but it would be nice to have it where it originally should have been) and most of all Borderline.

dcmetal108
06-10-2014, 10:01 AM
Well, no thank you.

Nater
06-10-2014, 10:02 AM
First day buy. This was one of the first albums I bought in high school and I jammed it almost every day for an entire summer. It was my soundtrack.

TheWildAndTheYoung
06-10-2014, 10:05 AM
First day buy. This was one of the first albums I bought in high school and I jammed it almost every day for an entire summer. It was my soundtrack.

:horns: still is mine! every time I don't know what to listen to I just go to this record, I definitely want this on CD. Their version of Back In Town rocks!

adamclark52
06-10-2014, 10:18 AM
Good god. If my wife buys any of these I'll flip.

On a related note; it looks more like Bon Jovi (the band) is done. Jon Bon Jovi is doing a few solo club shows in the next few months. And he's still charging a fortune for them. Fuck Jon Bon Jovi.

Nater
06-10-2014, 10:19 AM
:horns: still is mine! every time I don't know what to listen to I just go to this record, I definitely want this on CD. Their version of Back In Town rocks!

If I still owned it I would too. I don't honestly know what happened to it sadly. Glad I can pick this up though

TheWildAndTheYoung
06-10-2014, 10:33 AM
Good god. If my wife buys any of these I'll flip.

On a related note; it looks more like Bon Jovi (the band) is done. Jon Bon Jovi is doing a few solo club shows in the next few months. And he's still charging a fortune for them. Fuck Jon Bon Jovi.

Well, they said that they would be taking a break again after this album and tour, so I wouldn't say that they are done, they're just not gonna do much for awhile. The band also said they'll be some more new stuff coming up as well. I wouldn't think they'd be done with out doing some farewell tour, but if they are I guess I won't be complaining about it. I've seen them twice and both times were great, and with it looking like Richie being gone for good it makes me even less interested. What I would suggest is if they are going to call it quits (the band that is), do a last tour with Richie.

dcmetal108
06-10-2014, 10:34 AM
Well, they said that they would be taking a break again after this album and tour, so I wouldn't say that they are done, they're just not gonna do much for awhile. The band also said they'll be some more new stuff coming up as well. I wouldn't think they'd be done with out doing some farewell tour, but if they are I guess I won't be complaining about it. I've seen them twice and both times were great, and with it looking like Richie being gone for good it makes me even less interested. What I would suggest is if they are going to call it quits (the band that is), do a last tour with Richie.

Never gonna happen.

adamclark52
06-10-2014, 10:40 AM
Something's happened with Richie and no one really knows what. It's been over a year and neither side has said anything. I think that's rude to the fans.

It's probably a few issues. Richie dose have substance abuse problems, maybe he relapsed? And the band is structured still where the others are employed by/employees of Jon. I'd imagine that after thirty years Richie just had it with that.

Whatever it was they should just say something.

TheWildAndTheYoung
06-10-2014, 11:10 AM
Something's happened with Richie and no one really knows what. It's been over a year and neither side has said anything. I think that's rude to the fans.

It's probably a few issues. Richie dose have substance abuse problems, maybe he relapsed? And the band is structured still where the others are employed by/employees of Jon. I'd imagine that after thirty years Richie just had it with that.

Yea I rather know that he is definitely gone (or if he plans on coming back), then just sitting here hoping he comes back and never knowing what's up.

marker
06-10-2014, 11:23 AM

They said last year Jon wasn't paying what Richie wanted. I think it's money more than anything.

Steev
06-10-2014, 11:32 AM
Richie has been touring overseas a lot lately with Orianthi, and from some of the banter at that revolver awards back in April he ain't coming back anytime soon

ravenheart
06-10-2014, 12:32 PM
Yeah, it's been known for ages now, they argued over money and Richie is out of the band. Phil X is in for live performances.

I'd rather see Richie and Jon each play solo material anyway.

marker
06-13-2014, 06:50 AM
Richie has been touring overseas a lot lately with Orianthi, and from some of the banter at that revolver awards back in April he ain't coming back anytime soon

Now Orianthi out of Cooper replaced by Nina Strauss.

Steev
06-13-2014, 06:58 AM

Yeah just saw that. I looked her up she can shred but it just seems odd to replace a woman with another woman. I mean that was never really a gimmick with Alice.

TheWildAndTheYoung
06-13-2014, 07:12 AM

Slightly disappointed, was really looking forward to seeing Orianthi with him in August.

marker
06-13-2014, 09:09 AM
Slightly disappointed, was really looking forward to seeing Orianthi with him in August.

I only saw one picture of Strauss, actually looks hotter than Orianthi.

ravenheart
06-13-2014, 11:38 AM
Interesting. So last week I saw one of her last shows with him.

Wonder why she left; she's hardly going to become a star with her solo material...

Maybe it's not permanent. I mean, the dates with Sambora have been booked for a long time, and were always going to clash with the Alice dates. And Alice isn't above bringing people back when it's convenient. Roxie is on his third stint in the band, Keri Kelly had at least two, Steve Hunter had two, etc.

TheWildAndTheYoung
06-13-2014, 12:28 PM

Wonder why she left; she's hardly going to become a star with her solo material...

Maybe it's not permanent. I mean, the dates with Sambora have been booked for a long time, and were always going to clash with the Alice dates. And Alice isn't above bringing people back when it's convenient. Roxie is on his third stint in the band, Keri Kelly had at least two, Steve Hunter had two, etc.

I was thinking this might be the case to.

TheWildAndTheYoung
06-13-2014, 12:31 PM
I only saw one picture of Strauss, actually looks hotter than Orianthi.

Apparently she plays with Femme Fatale, and I saw them at M3 on the side stage. She can definitely can rip, and she was quite the looker from what I can remember :lol:.

Steev
06-13-2014, 01:20 PM

She seems to be involved with Richie(possibly outside of music too), and yeah band members kinda go in and out. Last year Damon Johnson(who left in 2011 for Thin Lizzy) rejoined for a couple shows when Tommy Henrickson's wife was expecting.

marker
06-13-2014, 02:10 PM
She seems to be involved with Richie(possibly outside of music too), and yeah band members kinda go in and out. Last year Damon Johnson(who left in 2011 for Thin Lizzy) rejoined for a couple shows when Tommy Henrickson's wife was expecting.

Hanging out with Richie she probably got the Sambora Syndrone. That's where you think you're underpaid and then go solo.