PDA

View Full Version : Ministry's 3rd "Final" Tour Coming Soon

300%_Density
05-31-2014, 07:33 PM
Link (http://www.theprp.com/2014/05/31/news/ministry-to-tour-in-support-of-from-beer-to-eternity-with-full-album-performances/)

The newly sober Al Jourgensen has announced that Ministry will be touring globally in support of their final album “From Beer To Eternity“. That album will remain the bands last however. It of course represents the bands final recordings with guitarist Mike Scaccia, who passed away back in December of 2012. Scaccia‘s replacement has yet to be revealed for the touring, though Jourgensen insists the person is well-known. Here’s what he had to say:

“Yup you heard right…will be touring the FBTE album….the set will be FBTE in it’s exact order…and a few oldies for an encore…and it just won’t be America and Europe this time….we’ll see ya down under as well as Mexico South America and Japan…so start rounding up every fucking Amish teen you can find and bring em to the shows…..I will exact my revenge on those bastards….I’m still puking from their toxic “wood milk ” shit…….yuk!…if there was ever a reason to tour this is it….oh btw…it’s a secret for now…but I’m pretty sure you’ve heard of the dude that’ll take Mikey’s place……ok that’s it….so let it be written …so let it be done….
P.S. still not a chance in hell there will be another Ministry album…..will be doing some side stuff though when I get my ass to LA…..Mikey’s last words to me were….FBTE could not be topped …so why bother MINISTRY RECORDINGS ARE DONE !!!! Carve that shit on a stone tablet!”

I liked but not loved FBTE. But one more shot to possibly see Ministry would be great. Wonder when their next "final" album will be?

adamclark52
05-31-2014, 07:37 PM
Fuck Al Jourgensen.

300%_Density
05-31-2014, 07:42 PM
Fuck Al Jourgensen.

So how do you really feel? Hatred from that badly handled C u LaTour or other?

adamclark52
05-31-2014, 07:54 PM
So how do you really feel? Hatred from that badly handled C u LaTour or other?

Burned bad by the C U LaTour, really disappointed in the fact they reunited (what?) three years later, not going to be fooled again. This won't be his last tour as Ministry and there will probably be another album.

But no matter what; Fuck. Al. Jourgensen.

Steev
05-31-2014, 07:58 PM
Eh I only saw them once in 2003, Id go

300%_Density
05-31-2014, 08:16 PM
Burned bad by the C U LaTour, really disappointed in the fact they reunited (what?) three years later, not going to be fooled again. This won't be his last tour as Ministry and there will probably be another album.

But no matter what; Fuck. Al. Jourgensen.

I get being pissed about C U LaTour. It was pretty shitty. There are still a lot of people who still aren't over that yet, which I totally get.

The way I have always looked at band "retirements" in the same way as wrestling retirements. I don't care if somebody says this is their last album/tour, I never wanted them to retire to begin with. If retirement is a gimmick to make more music or more tours then so be it. Unless it's health reasons I don't find such a thing as retirement in music. Such a tiny % of people follow through when they claim to retire.

Retirement is no more a gimmick to me than GWAR or Alice Cooper, just in a different way.

adamclark52
05-31-2014, 08:36 PM
I get being pissed about C U LaTour. It was pretty shitty. There are still a lot of people who still aren't over that yet, which I totally get.

The way I have always looked at band "retirements" in the same way as wrestling retirements. I don't care if somebody says this is their last album/tour, I never wanted them to retire to begin with. If retirement is a gimmick to make more music or more tours then so be it. Unless it's health reasons I don't find such a thing as retirement in music. Such a tiny % of people follow through when they claim to retire.

Retirement is no more a gimmick to me than GWAR or Alice Cooper, just in a different way.

Yup, you're right. But I got SO BADLY BURNED on that C U LaTour that I can't ever forgive him. That was such a shitty setlist. Actually it wasn't, but it was such a LIE!

For the guy who hasn't seen them since 2003, be forewarned: stick with that show as being you lasting memory of Ministry live.

Fuck that C U LaTour was bad. At least he's giving some forewarning to people this time not to expect anything much.

dcmetal108
05-31-2014, 09:17 PM
Maybe the VIP package will be Al blowing you behind the venue.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
05-31-2014, 09:23 PM
Yup, you're right. But I got SO BADLY BURNED on that C U LaTour that I can't ever forgive him. That was such a shitty setlist. Actually it wasn't, but it was such a LIE!

For the guy who hasn't seen them since 2003, be forewarned: stick with that show as being you lasting memory of Ministry live.

Fuck that C U LaTour was bad. At least he's giving some forewarning to people this time not to expect anything much.

What exactly went down?

Also, is anyone surprised by this?

300%_Density
05-31-2014, 09:38 PM
What exactly went down?

Also, is anyone surprised by this?

Promised:

All encompassing 2 hour + set w/ songs from their entire discography w/ special guests.

Reality:

Maybe 70-80 minute set. Set was few songs from Bush trilogy. NWO, Thieves, Just One Fix & then finished off w/ 3 songs from Under Cover. Special guest was Burton from Fear Factory singing ALL the encores (didn't Dino show up at some point too?)

That was it.

adamclark52
05-31-2014, 09:51 PM
I never made it past the main set. But it was four or five songs from the Last Sucker, followed by three or four from Rio Grande Blood followed by three or four from Houses of the Mole. And Khyber Pass as a closer. The encore was a few (I'm talking three, tops) classics and then the covers.

I liked every song they played but the whole time I was like, "when are they going to play something from (insert pre-Houses of the Mole album title)"? Then it dawned on my after five or six songs what was going on. And I knew they weren't going to play a four hour set (meaning nothing old) so I actually left after the main set. I was so BURNED by that show.

Like 300% said; that was not what was advertised.

Here's my review/setlist from that tour (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=22720).

mankvill
05-31-2014, 10:09 PM
I listen to 0 Ministry and even I know this is a joke.

MetalIsArt
06-01-2014, 02:01 AM
What a hypocrite. He doesn't like touring, doesn't like most of his fans (according to an interview with Aardschok mag), and now keeps on "going".

:tp:

Coma323
06-01-2014, 07:19 AM
I like their early albums but I refuse to see them nowadays. Give it up already.

HackedUpForBBQ
06-01-2014, 07:36 AM
I'll go if this comes around but I already know there would be set list woes. I was angry when they didn't come around here on the C U LaTour but after seeing the set list my pain subsided a little. Hell, when I saw them in '06 on the MasturbaTour, we got NWO, Just One Fix, Thieves, So What, Psalm 69 and Stigmata...... what happened Al? I'd have thought the set in '08 would have had more awesomeness. This business also reminds me of when Megadeth flat out released the entire setlist ahead of time for the Rust In Peace tour in 2010 only to have the actual set about 4 songs shorter at the show. Bastards

MetalIsArt
06-01-2014, 08:05 AM
I'll go if this comes around but I already know there would be set list woes. I was angry when they didn't come around here on the C U LaTour but after seeing the set list my pain subsided a little. Hell, when I saw them in '06 on the MasturbaTour, we got NWO, Just One Fix, Thieves, So What, Psalm 69 and Stigmata...... what happened Al? I'd have thought the set in '08 would have had more awesomeness. This business also reminds me of when Megadeth flat out released the entire setlist ahead of time for the Rust In Peace tour in 2010 only to have the actual set about 4 songs shorter at the show. Bastards

I understand you, Mortician. ;)

Derelict
06-01-2014, 12:00 PM
Promised:

All encompassing 2 hour + set w/ songs from their entire discography w/ special guests.

Reality:

Maybe 70-80 minute set. Set was few songs from Bush trilogy. NWO, Thieves, Just One Fix & then finished off w/ 3 songs from Under Cover. Special guest was Burton from Fear Factory singing ALL the encores (didn't Dino show up at some point too?)

That was it.

One of the special guests was Wayne Static showing up at one show and reading the lyrics to So What off a sheet of paper.

Fuck Al Jourgensen with a hammer.

AnthG
06-01-2014, 01:59 PM
I have no opinion of Ministry's music but every interview I come across of Al Jourgensen he just seems like a giant, colossal douchebag.

Steev
06-01-2014, 02:23 PM
When I saw them in 2003 they kept leaving for long periods of time, they closed with "Jesus Built My Hotrod" at what seemed like 1:30 in the morning. We did get Anthrax as special guests at our show though.

I'd be atleast curious to see them one more time, last few times they did Philly tickets were usually being given away so what the hell.

adamclark52
06-01-2014, 08:24 PM
The worst thing about the whole Al Jourgensen/Ministry debacle was that I really liked the music he was making. Houses of the Mole and Rio Grande Blood had some good songs and the Last Sucker was really, really good. What I heard from Relapse I actually really liked but I couldn't bring myself to supporting the guy in any way. I bet I'd have liked the whole album and the last one too.

But fuck Al Jourgensen.

HackedUpForBBQ
06-02-2014, 12:34 AM
I understand you, Mortician. ;)

At least someone on this planet does, damnit! But in all seriousness I love Ministry's music, they were awesome live and Al Jourgensen's book was the shit. And besides, he's the only person I've ever seen preparing and shooting heroin during an interview. Many musicians, or people on general actually, love to say "I don't give a fuck" but during those years Al's level of apathy was obviously unmatched

Wrecking Crew
06-02-2014, 08:47 AM
There was a time that I would have loved to see Ministry live but that time was 1990. Given the setlist disasters I have heard about on this forum, this is definitely not something I would travel for and I'm sure it won't come to Boise.

300%_Density
06-02-2014, 09:13 AM
At least someone on this planet does, damnit! But in all seriousness I love Ministry's music, they were awesome live and Al Jourgensen's book was the shit. And besides, he's the only person I've ever seen preparing and shooting heroin during an interview. Many musicians, or people on general actually, love to say "I don't give a fuck" but during those years Al's level of apathy was obviously unmatched

There's definitely no one who gave less fucks than Al. I love that and it's what made Al such an ass hole. If you haven't seen it I would highly suggest it. It was Filth Pig era and Al was just out of control.

I still don't think they've made a bad album since the Anamositytisomana (however the hell you spell it) it's just too bad the setlist decisions they've made. Al was always honest saying he hates playing old stuff that it makes him feel like a juke book. Sucks bad for the fans.

My First Al Experience (http://youtu.be/tny4lTSqWu4)

John The Drummer
06-02-2014, 09:24 AM
I think its total BS when bands go on "Farewell Tours", then come back a year or two later for OK JUST ONE MORE! That being said, I've always wanted to see Ministry so hope they come here :)

TonyD
06-02-2014, 11:15 AM
I went to see Meshuggah, the stage fence thing was cool but I wasn't going to bother waiting through the whole Bush set on a weeknight to hear 3 old songs.

Derelict
06-02-2014, 11:37 AM
This thread makes me angry all over again about C U L8 Tour.