PDA

View Full Version : Maryland Deathfest 2015

Pages : [1] 2

MikeConnor123
05-30-2014, 02:42 PM
I know it's a bit early for this.. and i know bands won't be announced for awhile, but who are your hopes/predictions to play next year? My guesses and/or hope are:

SODOM, Satan, Slough Feg, Autopsy, Repulsion, Blood Ceremony, Mount Salem, General Surgery, Pentagram, Ghoul, Impetigo, Purson, Jess and the Ancient Ones, Witchfinder General, Peste Noire, Assuck, Slaughter, Amorphis

I would be excited if like even 2 or 3 of those bands played

John The Drummer
05-30-2014, 03:12 PM
WAY TO JUMP THE SHARK, BRO! :D

That being said, if we're making a wish list... I'd really be stoked and go if one of these bands played...

Borknagar
SognaBrigade
Dalla Nebbia
Funeral Age

... those 4 really are the only bands that I would go no questions asked... but other bands that'd be cool would be...

Absu
Emperor
Acid Witch
Kampfar
Skogen
Primordial
Gallowbraid (I know, not likely, but you never know!)
Falkenbach (*)
Equilibrium

mankvill
05-30-2014, 03:16 PM
Dalla Nebbia
Funeral Age

http://37.media.tumblr.com/6a818123ceb7998f8a178c9527d442e8/tumblr_mxi6soTWBt1r0xpz1o1_500.gif

markrz
05-30-2014, 03:19 PM
jesus, I saw "Slough Feg" and just about had a heart attack before I realized this was a speculation thread.

When the real announcements start, can those go in a new thread? I'm sure this one'll be many pages long by then.

Coma323
05-30-2014, 03:59 PM
Emperor
Arcturus
Ulver
Daylight Dies
October Tide
Anata
Acid Witch
Hail of Bullets
Destroyer 666
Fen
Novembre
Sigh

slapguitarer
05-30-2014, 03:59 PM
Can we just create a new subforum for speculation threads?

John The Drummer
05-30-2014, 09:11 PM
Emperor
Arcturus
Ulver
Daylight Dies
October Tide
Anata
Acid Witch
Hail of Bullets
Destroyer 666
Fen
Novembre
Sigh

HOW THE FUCK COULD I FORGET ARCTURUS!?!?!? They'd be under my "I MUST GO" category :)

MikeConnor123
05-30-2014, 09:35 PM
I'm really hoping for Acid Witch. I have a feeling Entombed may be on this again too...

I think Destroyer 666 is due back by now..

kalfitegrdan
05-30-2014, 09:55 PM
I'm hoping they get Toxik, Satan or Brutality. Or Emperor, of course.

dcmetal108
05-30-2014, 09:55 PM
King Diamond?

Impaledonafence3
05-31-2014, 04:37 AM
October Tide
Rapture
Ghost Brigade
Bloodbath
Borknagar
Ulver
Doom:VS
In Mourning
Wolfheart
Lantlôs
Arcturus
Bilocate
Naglfar

treghet
05-31-2014, 07:09 AM
If we're going to play the mindless speculation game, I hope that nobody I care about plays so I don't feel bad about not going.

RAZOR
05-31-2014, 08:49 AM
If we're going to play the mindless speculation game, I hope that nobody I care about plays so I don't feel bad about not going.

I hope Sodom plays.

<3

AnataFan4Life
05-31-2014, 11:13 AM
Get Sadus, and make sure they don't play anything off of that last piece of shit they put out.

TehBr00tulz
05-31-2014, 11:19 AM
If they can get Mitochondrion to actually play and get Antediluvian, Teitanblood, Portal, Ritual Necromancy, Impetuous Ritual, Anaal Nathrakh and Obscura, I will buy day of sale.

moobys37
05-31-2014, 11:41 AM
Honestly not sure what MDF can do next year to get me to go. There's not that one band out there that they haven't had play that would get me there plus I thought the undercard this year was a little weak compared to previous years.

mankvill
05-31-2014, 12:29 PM
Obviously Anaal Nathrakh would get me stoked.

SignoftheHammer
05-31-2014, 01:08 PM
How about Phlebotomized? They just got back together:D

energymetal14
05-31-2014, 02:16 PM
Sargeist, Blasphemy, Electric Wizard, Wolfbrigade, Martyrdod, Sodom, Emperor

justinm4bama
05-31-2014, 04:15 PM
MDF 2015 line up:

Avenged Sevenfold
KoRn
Seether
Trivium
Stained
Asking Alexandria
Emmure

And much more!

I guess they needed more money so.... :lol:

adamclark52
05-31-2014, 04:55 PM

:party:This right there :blaze:, because I know one person who's definitely not playing or going: adam-mutherfucking-clark-fifty-fucking-two.

dcmetal108
05-31-2014, 05:32 PM
It'd be cool if the Soundstage could be headlined by Agoraphobic Nosebleed.

AnataFan4Life
05-31-2014, 06:01 PM
Agathocles needs to headline the Soundstage

MikeConnor123
06-01-2014, 08:32 AM
Agathocles would be awesome, but i never get my hopes up for them playing. I heard somewhere they've been trying to get them to play since like 2006 and they decline their offers every time. I think it would be cool if Ghoul or General Surgery headlined the soundstage one night. I mean Impaled did it this year..

energymetal14
06-01-2014, 11:46 AM
Agathocles would be great, but if thats true they decline every year that kills any hopes.

Anther band I would love to see play: DESPISE YOU. I almost went down to NYC in April to see them but we had to back out the day of. I really need to see them.

Sepultura69
06-02-2014, 12:17 AM
Sadus!

treghet
06-02-2014, 12:36 AM
I hope Sodom plays.

<3

You're cruel.

If they can get Mitochondrion to actually play and get Antediluvian, Teitanblood, Portal, Ritual Necromancy, Impetuous Ritual, Anaal Nathrakh and Obscura, I will buy day of sale.

Unfortunately Teitanblood doesn't play live.

dcmetal108
06-02-2014, 04:39 AM
Agathocles would be great, but if thats true they decline every year that kills any hopes.

Anther band I would love to see play: DESPISE YOU. I almost went down to NYC in April to see them but we had to back out the day of. I really need to see them.

I get to see Despise You do a house show in Sept!

Datjazzfusion
06-11-2014, 07:50 AM
Early bird ticket information and first wave of bands will be announced around August 1.

LogicBomb
07-05-2014, 06:18 PM
Could just be coincidence, but some people here who book grind shows and have a pretty close relationship with MDF shared Suffering Mind's recent status..

Suffering Mind comming to United States in 2015! so fuckin' stoked!!!! more details soon! so many people out there that we'd like to met finally! so many people we'd like to thank for support!!! so many influential bands for us, and now we will have chance to share stage with some of them! we're exited more then ever!

mankvill
07-05-2014, 07:27 PM
Intrdsteng

First wave of bands and early ticket sale on the fifteenth

energymetal14
07-05-2014, 10:33 PM
Could just be coincidence, but some people here who book grind shows and have a pretty close relationship with MDF shared Suffering Mind's recent status..

Really ope this happens, would be sweet. Cant wait for the first round of bands to be announced.

mankvill
07-13-2014, 05:24 PM
Here are some fun facts about the upcoming announcement of confirmed bands that will be posted at 12 pm (EST) on Tuesday:

- We have never announced this many bands at one time, and definitely not this early, but hey, if bands don't wait around to accept our offers/invitations, we are all for it. It looks like just short of 30 bands will be announced.

- At least 12 countries will be represented in round # 1.

- At least 7 bands in the upcoming announcement are from Scandinavia.

- All of the bands you ask for in the comments that follow this post won't be in Tuesday's announcement.

:party:

christopher
07-13-2014, 07:35 PM
Someone should be an asshole and list like 500 bands in the comments that follow that post. :lol:

John The Drummer
07-13-2014, 08:57 PM
If Sognabrigade is on this..... :drool:

mankvill
07-13-2014, 09:13 PM
If Sognabrigade is on this..... :drool:

MY DICK <3

MikeConnor123
07-14-2014, 07:32 PM
i can safely guess splatterhouse is playing... they posted this on FB

We will be announcing something pretty fucking rad tomorrow.... so stay tuned!!
If you're a die hard then you already know what tomorrow is and probably already know what were gonna announce from us saying we have news tomorrow....
Sooo.......

mankvill
07-15-2014, 08:03 AM
As promised, here is the first round of confirmed bands for MDF XIII!
* = exclusive US appearance

May 21-24, 2015

Aeternus (Norway) *
Arcturus (Norway) *
Aura Noir (Norway) *
Bulldozer (Italy) *
Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult (Germany)
Demoncy
Dragged into Sunlight (UK)
D.R.I.
Einherjer (Norway) *
Funebrarum
Goatsnake
Impetuous Ritual (Australia) *
Lock Up *
Lycanthrophy (Czech Republic)
Master
Melt-Banana (Japan)
Metal Church
Noisear
Neurosis
Portal (Australia) *
Serpentine Path
Skepticism (Finland) *
Splatterhouse
Suffering Mind (Poland)
Triptykon (Switzerland) *
Tsjuder (Norway) *
Twilight of the Gods *
Ufomammut (Italy)
Vallenfyre (UK) *
Vulcano (Brazil) *
Winter
Wolfbrigade (Sweden) *

VENUES FOR NEXT YEAR:

We were satisfied with the venue situation this year, so we've decided to use the same set up again next year. What does this mean? We will use the Edison Lot (located at 545 N. High St) for our 2 main stages, Rams Head (located at 20 Market Pl) will be used each night and will host death/black metal bands, and Soundstage (located at 124 Market Pl) will be used each day/night for grind/hardcore/punk bands. On Thursday, only Rams Head will be used.

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT THE EARLY BIRD TICKET SALE:

We are postponing this sale until Saturday, July 19th at 3 PM (EST). As you probably know, the early bird sale was set for today at 3 PM (EST). However, due to a very drawn out process to approve our ability to accept payments through the new ticketing system (which was just approved this morning), our web team has not had time to test the system. We apologize if you've planned your entire day around this sale, but we would prefer to allow time for the web team to make sure that this new system works, rather than have you deal with problems when you try to order.

Looks like they are confirming a lot of the bands who have canceled over the past couple years.

moobys37
07-15-2014, 08:08 AM
Based only off of what is exclusive vs. not exclusive, besides Skepticism (HOLY FUCKING SHIT IF THEY AREN'T PLAYING IN THE PARKING LOT I AM THERE) and Triptykon there isn't a whole here yet.

Spiner202
07-15-2014, 08:10 AM
Would love to see Aura Noir (again), Bulldozer, D.R.I., Metal Church, Vulcano, and Winter. Sadly I won't get out to MDF this year, but a decent lineup thus far.

mankvill
07-15-2014, 08:10 AM
No big HOLY FUCK band for me here, but lots of amazing ones for me. I'm happy!

The only *fart noise* band for me here is Neurosis.

moobys37
07-15-2014, 08:15 AM
That's the thing though, besides my love of Skepticism there's no band on there that makes me want to spend they money yet that won't be touring around the fest if the exclusivity holds true.

mankvill
07-15-2014, 08:16 AM
That's the thing though, besides my love of Skepticism there's no band on there that makes me want to spend they money yet that won't be touring around the fest if the exclusivity holds true.

None of these bands are coming to KC anytime soon, so MDF it is for me! :D

Maideneer
07-15-2014, 08:19 AM
Melt-Banana (Japan) - this should make some people happy although I really don't get "it"

Which of these bands will cancel first I wonder. I want to get real excited but I guess I can't yet. I would travel for Arcturus, but it's such a gamble.
Aeternus (Norway) *
Arcturus (Norway) *
Aura Noir (Norway) *
Einherjer (Norway) *
Vallenfyre (UK) *

adamclark52
07-15-2014, 08:25 AM
Portal.

mankvill
07-15-2014, 08:27 AM
Melt-Banana (Japan) - this should make some people happy although I really don't get "it"

Hopefully Melt-Banana is part of a bigger US tour. I guarantee they'll be on the punx stage which I didn't even get a chance to think about going to this year.

John The Drummer
07-15-2014, 08:32 AM
Aeternus (Norway) *
Arcturus (Norway) *
Aura Noir (Norway) *
Einherjer (Norway) *
Goatsnake
Metal Church
Tsjuder (Norway) *
Twilight of the Gods *

H H H H H H H H.... HOLY FUCKING SHIT I THINK THIS IS THE YEAR I RETURN TO THE EAST COAST :eek:
Arcturus... no fucking way.... NO FUCKING WAY!!!! I never thought I would even consider getting a chance to see them!

Nater
07-15-2014, 08:34 AM
Master, Metal Church, DRI and Lock Up gave me boners

Maideneer
07-15-2014, 08:35 AM
Aeternus (Norway) *
Arcturus (Norway) *
Aura Noir (Norway) *
Einherjer (Norway) *
Goatsnake
Metal Church
Tsjuder (Norway) *
Twilight of the Gods *

H H H H H H H H.... HOLY FUCKING SHIT I THINK THIS IS THE YEAR I RETURN TO THE EAST COAST :eek:
Arcturus... no fucking way.... NO FUCKING WAY!!!! I never thought I would even consider getting a chance to see them!

Wasn't it 70 million tons of cruising festival where Arcturus was booked and then cancelled late in the game?

I'm holding out hope but a lot can happen in a year.

moobys37
07-15-2014, 08:36 AM
Arcturus... no fucking way.... NO FUCKING WAY!!!!

You're 100% right, they'll cancel like they did Progpower a few years back :allan:

Maideneer
07-15-2014, 08:38 AM
Progpower, that was it, nice words were not exchanged either between them and promoter if I remember right. Arcturus is so damn risky, but I'll consider buying a ticket once I know the running order.

slapguitarer
07-15-2014, 08:40 AM
No big HOLY FUCK band for me here, but lots of amazing ones for me. I'm happy!

you are stupid

mankvill
07-15-2014, 08:42 AM
you are stupid

SignoftheHammer
07-15-2014, 08:42 AM
God damn what a lineup. Anyone from the Toronto area planning on going? I'll chip in for gas and hotel room!

energymetal14
07-15-2014, 08:53 AM
Goatsnake
Lock Up
Lycanthropy
Melt Banana
Portal
Serpentine Path
Skepticism
Suffering Mind
Wolfbrigade

Holy shit I am pumped. Really like all these bands but Skepticism... Just wow. And Wolfbrigade is one of my favorite bands and they haven't been here in a few years so I must be there :bowdown:

treghet
07-15-2014, 09:03 AM
There are some bands I'd like to see in that announcement, but as a whole it's underwhelming.

energymetal14
07-15-2014, 09:06 AM
Why do bands like DRI need to play this? I know they are popular but they tour a lot and I'd rather see another band on here that doesn't tour every year.

elturtleboy
07-15-2014, 09:09 AM
Bulldozer (Italy) *
D.R.I.
Impetuous Ritual (Australia) *
Lock Up *
Lycanthrophy (Czech Republic)
Master
Melt-Banana (Japan)
Metal Church
Noisear
Portal (Australia) *
Skepticism (Finland) *
Splatterhouse
Tsjuder (Norway) *
Wolfbrigade (Sweden) *

Thats it,im gonna start saving up starting today.

mankvill
07-15-2014, 09:09 AM
Why do bands like DRI need to play this? I know they are popular but they tour a lot and I'd rather see another band on here that doesn't tour every year.

They just get good bands that are popular and tour a lot to fill out the lineup. It's why Misery Index and Inquisition were on it this year.

ravenheart
07-15-2014, 09:15 AM
Goatsnake

Bulldozer (Italy) *
Metal Church

Nice.

I would love to see Goatsnake again. SO good last time.

moobys37
07-15-2014, 09:17 AM

It's a cost-effective way to fill the lineup with a known entity without having to break the bank. Why spend $5k in visas in plane tickets for a band from Europe that would draw the same as DRI would for a fraction of the cost?

smearCampaign
07-15-2014, 09:24 AM
Lots of killer bands on that list. I would agree that there's nothing mind-blowing, but also I wouldn't call this underwhelming at all. Some really great variety so far too.

:rocker:

Derelict
07-15-2014, 10:42 AM
I think I'll buckle down and make the 1.5 hour drive to this again next year.

Datjazzfusion
07-15-2014, 11:17 AM
Lots of killer bands on that list. I would agree that there's nothing mind-blowing, but also I wouldn't call this underwhelming at all. Some really great variety so far too.

:rocker:

I have not seen any of these bands live, so it is more mindblowing to me than most :eyes:

MPF
07-15-2014, 11:36 AM
Pretty sure I have to go next year.

If I can afford to go after my girlfriend and I move in together, I will be driving out there.

mr. roti
07-15-2014, 11:40 AM
Already seen a lot of those bands after going for the past 6 years at MDF. Not sure if I like where the fest is going with all those black/doom/viking metal bands. I'll stay positive for the next announcement but so far, I won't be going. They should rename it Maryland Blackdoomfest with some grind bands on that small venue over there. Cool to see Melt Banana & Vallenfyre thought!

Datjazzfusion
07-15-2014, 11:50 AM
For anyone who has flown out of state for the fest, Which airport did you guys use as your destintation? I am trying to save up money for a ticket, airfare, and room/board. And also what hotels/motels did you guys use?

Thanks for all the information/help.

Derelict
07-15-2014, 12:00 PM
BWI is the closest airport, BUT there are a lot of airports relatively close by (Reagan, Dulles, Philly, Wilmington, etc) so if you can find fare substantially cheaper, one of them might be worth it.

Datjazzfusion
07-15-2014, 12:02 PM
BWI is the closest airport, BUT there are a lot of airports relatively close by (Reagan, Dulles, Philly, Wilmington, etc) so if you can find fare substantially cheaper, one of them might be worth it.).

Thanks. I would be flying in from California, I guess I would also need to be able to afford cab/bus fare as well...

Derelict
07-15-2014, 12:06 PM
Thanks. I would be flying in from California, I guess I would also need to be able to afford cab/bus fare as well...

A plus from BWI is that you'd take a cab into your hotel in Baltimore, then you wouldn't need transportation until it was time to fly home.

Maideneer
07-15-2014, 12:14 PM
One word for Baltimore...UBER. It saved my wallet, use it everywhere you can. BWI, venues, hotels, everywhere.

John The Drummer
07-15-2014, 12:32 PM

There is a train that goes from said Airport into town. Everything really is in walking distance, unless you're super lazy and don't like a good workout :tongue:

Datjazzfusion
07-15-2014, 12:34 PM
There is a train that goes from said Airport into town. Everything really is in walking distance, unless you're super lazy and don't like a good workout :tongue:

I will be 19 by the time of the fest. Would my age prevent me from anything besides the obvious? (ie. Consumption of alcohol)

moobys37
07-15-2014, 12:38 PM
I will be 19 by the time of the fest. Would my age prevent me from anything besides the obvious? (ie. Consumption of alcohol)

The non-fest shows are usually 21+ but I don't think you'll have a problem otherwise as long as you're smart and don't drink haha.

Datjazzfusion
07-15-2014, 12:40 PM
The non-fest shows are usually 21+ but I don't think you'll have a problem otherwise as long as you're smart and don't drink haha.

Sorry for being such a noob, but what do you mean by "nonfest" shows?

moobys37
07-15-2014, 12:47 PM

Sidebar hosts free shows with bands that aren't on MDF proper. Plus you'll run into your occasional house show but now with more bands playing officially than they did the last time I went I don't think it's very common anymore.

John The Drummer
07-15-2014, 12:59 PM

Sidebar hosts free shows with bands that aren't on MDF proper. Plus you'll run into your occasional house show but now with more bands playing officially than they did the last time I went I don't think it's very common anymore.

Long story short:
- You shouldn't have any issue with any of the Fest shows.
- There are unofficial "Pre Pre Fests" at bars, but obviously you can't get into those.
- Dress light and drink tons of water.

RAZOR
07-15-2014, 01:38 PM
I hope the Thai chicken vendor makes a repeat appearance. :D

mankvill
07-15-2014, 01:45 PM

I hope that cute black girl helping at the hamburger place near the entrance comes back <3_<3

energymetal14
07-15-2014, 02:36 PM
I hope the vegan place comes back. It wasnt amazing but it was pretty good and I appreciate any veg options.

Coma323
07-15-2014, 03:06 PM
I loved the taco place, could eat that for days...

AnataFan4Life
07-15-2014, 05:13 PM
Good to see Triptykon and Aeternus back after having to cancel this year

Nice announcement to kick next year off :rocker:

RAZOR
07-15-2014, 06:15 PM
There was one truck that had a big plate of fresh cut potato chips, I want them to come back. So greasy but :drool::drool:

Derelict
07-15-2014, 06:36 PM
I loved the taco place, could eat that for days...

I think I are my taco and got right back in line 4 consecutive times.

kalfitegrdan
07-15-2014, 06:42 PM
Dragged Into Sunlight
Lycanthropy
Neurosis
Portal
Tsjuder
Ufomammut
Winter
:drool: :drool: :drool:

Arcturus, Impetuous Ritual, Melt Banana, Metal Church and Vallenfyre are cool too. It's awesome that they're getting Triptykon again after the last minute cancellation. Also, it'll be cool to hopefully finally see D.R.I. since they always come here when I work.

This.

Natrlhi
07-15-2014, 08:34 PM

You have no idea how wrong this statement is. No. Fucking. Idea.

Also, they had me at Ufomammut. Holy shit yes. Bands like Triptykon and Portal are just icing on the (cassata?) cake.

Onioner
07-15-2014, 09:47 PM
You have no idea how wrong this statement is. No. Fucking. Idea.

I was gonna say, I expected better from you Manks. Has Times of Grace not shattered your soul yet?

mankvill
07-15-2014, 10:05 PM
I think I are my taco and got right back in line 4 consecutive times.

I think you had it at least twice while we watched Solstafir

Derelict
07-16-2014, 08:06 AM
I think you had it at least twice while we watched Solstafir

Haha, yep. Those were delicious.

John The Drummer
07-16-2014, 09:00 AM
So... just gonna pull a WOLVERINEKILLS speculation here....

...but what if the reason Garm & Ulver cancelled their appearance this was was so he could make an appearnce with Arcturus for next year!? :eek: . I know that's a long shot, and I prefer Vortex's vocals.... but that'd be SO RAD!

...sorry.... I really cannot believe they got announced for this! :D

Sepultura69
07-16-2014, 10:53 AM

No. :hmm:

mankvill
07-16-2014, 11:00 AM
No. :hmm:

Derelict
07-16-2014, 11:42 AM

...but what if the reason Garm & Ulver cancelled their appearance this was was so he could make an appearnce with Arcturus for next year!? :eek: . I know that's a long shot, and I prefer Vortex's vocals.... but that'd be SO RAD!

That would be awesome if they each did "their" songs with Arcturus. Oh, man.

elturtleboy
07-16-2014, 11:55 AM
Neurosis and Goatsnake are nothing but a shitload of fart noises.

But hey! If Goatsanke is there maybe Sunn O))) will be there.

Fridge noises > Fart noises.

moobys37
07-16-2014, 12:44 PM

lolnochance. They're gonna cancel.

mankvill
07-16-2014, 12:47 PM
lolnochance. They're gonna cancel.

if MDF can get Electric Wizard, Venom and My Dying Bride in consecutive years, I'm not gonna write off Arcturus just yet.

moobys37
07-16-2014, 01:02 PM
if MDF can get Electric Wizard, Venom and My Dying Bride in consecutive years, I'm not gonna write off Arcturus just yet.

It's not the MDF side that I'd be worried about. Arcturus are just super weird dudes and I wouldn't be getting my hopes up until they're on American soil.

LogicBomb
07-16-2014, 02:24 PM
Awesome, Winter. I was just wondering the other day if they were done. Also stoked on Portal, Impetuous Ritual, Suffering Mind, Splatterhouse..

So, headliners? Neurosis is the only definite at Edison Lot. Maybe Tripytkon at Ram's Head again? And Melt-Banana at Soundstage, possibly DRI headling a different day there.

John The Drummer
07-16-2014, 02:31 PM
I would guess Arcturus would be headlining a stage... but thats just me :D

mankvill
07-16-2014, 02:33 PM
Awesome, Winter. I was just wondering the other day if they were done. Also stoked on Portal, Impetuous Ritual, Suffering Mind, Splatterhouse..

So, headliners? Neurosis is the only definite at Edison Lot. Maybe Tripytkon at Ram's Head again? And Melt-Banana at Soundstage, possibly DRI headling a different day there.

Triptykon will be a headliner, I'd wager it'll be the same like this year with them headlining the first night at Ram's Head.

Neurosis will probably be a headliner at Edison Lot. AT LEAST headlining the 2nd stage, after more bands are announced maybe the first stage.

I can see DRI or Wolfbrigade headlining a day at the Soundstage.

MikeConnor123
07-16-2014, 04:05 PM
In comments on Facebook, they clarified that DRI is on soundstage so I'm sure they will be headlining a night there. Wolfbrigade headlining a night there is possible, but I more-so see them playing the slot at the soundstage before the ending band. I also don't think Melt Banana will be a headliner there, but may play later in the night

MikeConnor123
07-16-2014, 05:12 PM
Speaking of which, i think melt-banana would be a super fun party brigade band. So far i have them and splatterhouse in the cards for that... but that's to figure out later when they finish the lineup!

mankvill
07-17-2014, 11:29 AM
Dave Callier just said PLF is confirmed.

Which makes me sad because they're probably gonna be on the punx stage which I've yet to go to :(

MikeConnor123
07-17-2014, 12:30 PM
if PLF is playing, maybe Morbosidad is playing as well

kalfitegrdan
07-17-2014, 11:43 PM
Dave Callier just said PLF is confirmed.

Which makes me sad because they're probably gonna be on the punx stage which I've yet to go to :(

The Soundstage is probably one of my favorite venues I've ever been to. I'd definitely suggest getting the Soundstage pass this year. Impaled alone was worth the Soundstage pass last year.

Rocco44
07-19-2014, 09:12 AM

Exactly. I took the train and bus to my hotel and it was like $5 or something. I walked the rest of the trip.

energymetal14
07-19-2014, 11:07 AM
Early bird tix for me and my brother bought, it sold out already I think. Damn.

mankvill
07-19-2014, 02:25 PM
Totally blanked on early bird tix again.

RAZOR
07-20-2014, 05:37 AM
I decided to pass on even trying to get the early bird tickets haha. They were $225, and I know they'll be more whenever they actually go on sale but we decided to book our hotel now instead of worrying about rushing to get tickets.

mankvill
07-20-2014, 09:27 AM
I decided to pass on even trying to get the early bird tickets haha. They were $225, and I know they'll be more whenever they actually go on sale but we decided to book our hotel now instead of worrying about rushing to get tickets.

:cool: I should do that

mankvill
07-23-2014, 02:03 PM
Hello, ladies and gents.

Round 2 of MDF XIII band confirmations will be posted on Friday, July 25th around 12 pm (EST). We won't be announcing over 30 bands like last time, but it will be at least 5-10 bands.

Until then...

Coma323
07-23-2014, 02:19 PM
Didn't except new bands this quick.

mankvill
07-23-2014, 02:24 PM
Unless Dave is a lying doody head, PLF will probably be one of the bands.

John The Drummer
07-25-2014, 08:07 AM
Its around 12pm EST now... hurry up! :bouville:

moobys37
07-25-2014, 08:10 AM
Sodom (Germany) - Exclusive US appearance!

Demilich (Finland) - Exclusive US appearance!

Napalm Death (UK) - Headlining one of the nights at Soundstage.

Anaal Nathrakh (UK) - Exclusive US appearance!

Primordial (Ireland) - Most likely an exclusive US appearance. If not, MDF will be one of only a few US shows.

Martyrdöd (Sweden)

P.L.F.

Noxa (Indonesia)

Water Torture

Early Graves

Fulgora

Mother Brain

Pizzahifive

Still nothing I haven't seen to get me to go, but I know Anaal Nathrakh is going to excite a certain someone.

Derelict
07-25-2014, 08:17 AM
Ohhhh was wondering if Alan Averill was going to be pulling double duty, guess so. Nice.

Maideneer
07-25-2014, 08:17 AM
Primordial sounds amazing but I don't know that I would travel for it. So far for me I only care enough about is:

Aeternus (Norway) *
Arcturus (Norway) *
Aura Noir (Norway) *
Einherjer (Norway) *
Tsjuder (Norway) *
Vallenfyre (UK) *
Primordial (Ireland)

John The Drummer
07-25-2014, 08:19 AM
Primordial (Ireland) - Most likely an exclusive US appearance. If not, MDF will be one of only a few US shows.

No fuckin shit! That's pretyty awesome! Primordial is amazing, Napalm Death is always fun, Sodom, it had to happen some time, and Anaal Nahrakh.... don't tell Manks!

energymetal14
07-25-2014, 08:25 AM

Martyrdöd (Sweden)

P.L.F.

Water Torture

Pizzahifive

What the fuck this is so fucking ridiculous

Spiner202
07-25-2014, 08:25 AM

And now I really hate that I can't go. This is the one band that would have drawn me there more than anyone else (except for a Vio-lence reunion :P).

mankvill
07-25-2014, 08:31 AM
I'm going to cry

TehBr00tulz
07-25-2014, 08:35 AM
Sodom, Demilich, Anaal Nathrakh, Portal. Fuck. YES.

adamclark52
07-25-2014, 09:05 AM
Demilich has to be one of the worst bands I've heard in my life. Thank god their album was free off their site. If I had of paid money for that I'd have been very upset. I'm sure they're better live. Hopefully they have less of that retarded effect on their vocals.

I hope Napalm Death has a new album by then. I think they will. Three years is way too long.

smearCampaign
07-25-2014, 09:42 AM
Yeah! This round has more bands that excite me than the first round. :rocker:

justinm4bama
07-25-2014, 09:43 AM
Well, I'm sold. Going to MDF next year :party:

elturtleboy
07-25-2014, 09:48 AM
]Sodom (Germany) - Exclusive US appearance[/U]!

Martyrdöd (Sweden)

P.L.F.

Noxa (Indonesia)

Water Torture

Early Graves

Fulgora

Mother Brain

Pizzahifive

Im fucking going.

moobys37
07-25-2014, 10:04 AM
I'm really curious if who they're going to end up getting as headliners for this. I think it's safe to say Sodom will be one but I'm really interested who takes the Carcass/Venom/Morbid Angel slot of overall headlining act.

mankvill
07-25-2014, 10:04 AM
Now that I'm done literally vomiting for 2 straight hours because I'm so happy, I will say I will make it a point to see PLF at the Soundstage for sure.

The thing I'm most excited about regarding Primordial is all the crazy stories my buddy told me about hanging out with the vocalist at concerts in the past. Dude seems amazing.

Since I saw At The Gates and Asphyx, I would say Sodom is at the top, or at least near the top, of my Must-See bands. Hopefully they don't cancel again.

Great big bands and great small bands. Nappy Dappy at the Soundstage would be insane.

omg anaal nathrakh

TiradesOfTruth
07-25-2014, 10:13 AM
Really going to try and make it this year!

moobys37
07-25-2014, 10:14 AM
The thing I'm most excited about regarding Primordial is all the crazy stories my buddy told me about hanging out with the vocalist at concerts in the past. Dude seems amazing.

Alan is the best. When we saw them a few years back he downed an entire bottle of Jack or Jim and was more coherent than a lot of people in the room.

mankvill
07-25-2014, 10:18 AM
Alan is the best. When we saw them a few years back he downed an entire bottle of Jack or Jim and was more coherent than a lot of people in the room.

I think my friend hung out with him at Rites of Darkness and said he just got wasted and professed his love for Pantera

John The Drummer
07-25-2014, 10:19 AM
I'm really curious if who they're going to end up getting as headliners for this. I think it's safe to say Sodom will be one but I'm really interested who takes the Carcass/Venom/Morbid Angel slot of overall headlining act.

I'm sure Sodom will be the overall headlining act.

RAZOR
07-25-2014, 10:22 AM
my god. :drool:

John The Drummer
07-25-2014, 10:30 AM
I think my friend hung out with him at Rites of Darkness and said he just got wasted and professed his love for Pantera

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I know what I won't be doing if I were to be in the same general area as him ;)

kalfitegrdan
07-25-2014, 10:32 AM
Anaal Nathrakh, Demilich and Sodom!! HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!

Also, it's really cool that Pizzahifive got on this. Those dudes are awesome.

:lol: He did that when I saw them too. I was pretty impressed.

moobys37
07-25-2014, 10:34 AM
I'm sure Sodom will be the overall headlining act.

They weren't the overall headlining act the year that they canceled (2010 when reuniting Gorguts and Autopsy were billed above them), and I don't think they're a bigger draw than the reuniting Dark Angel who wasn't the overall headlining act last year for that matter. I think you're overestimating Sodom's pull.

Derelict
07-25-2014, 10:46 AM
Alan is awesome....Primordial ending up staying at my house when they played Philly last year.

MikeConnor123
07-25-2014, 11:21 AM
Not sure sodom will be the overall headlining act (or if they've announced anyone who is yet) although, i have a feeling it might be immortal or emperor

John The Drummer
07-25-2014, 11:22 AM
the reuniting Dark Angel who wasn't the overall headlining act last year for that matter..

They weren't? I thougth they were.

moobys37
07-25-2014, 11:36 AM
They weren't? I thougth they were.

At The Gates was the overall headliner at least in all the promo stuff I saw in advance while Dark Angel was typically the 1b to their 1a. If anything Sodom would be playing last one one of the outside stages but with how the fest has grown I think it'd be a step back to have them headline the entire fest when they weren't billed as the headliner last time.

http://farm2.staticflickr.com/1291/4675139210_5391d4a465_z.jpg

mankvill
07-25-2014, 11:47 AM
Not sure sodom will be the overall headlining act (or if they've announced anyone who is yet) although, i have a feeling it might be immortal or emperor

Emperor will never play the US with Faust as their drummer

A big (but I don't think headlining-big) name I wouldn't mind is Satyricon.

edit:

Here's this years poster to kinda show the billing of bands:

http://www.mxdwn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/MDF-410x580.jpg

MikeConnor123
07-25-2014, 12:00 PM
Emperor will never play the US with Faust as their drummer

yeah, theres no way Faust will come here with them- but when Emperor did their tour dates for 2014 in Japan, they had another guy drumming for them probably because of the same reason so i think there's still hope

orlandodavis
07-25-2014, 08:58 PM
Demilich. Goddammit.:bouville:

treghet
07-26-2014, 05:19 AM
DEMILICH?!?! FUCK. That is one band I never expected to see on the lineup. I'm really bummed that it says exclusive US appearance. Now there's no hope for a tour like they did when they played MDF in 2006. :bawling: I'd kill to see Sodom too, even if their setlists are mediocre these days. I have to say the lineup is starting to shape up nicely now.

Demilich has to be one of the worst bands I've heard in my life. Thank god their album was free off their site. If I had of paid money for that I'd have been very upset. I'm sure they're better live. Hopefully they have less of that retarded effect on their vocals.

There are no effects on the vocals. They even stated that in the inner sleeve of their album. Watch videos of them live if you're still in doubt. The vocals are definitely strange and perhaps off-putting to new listeners, but I implore you give them another chance. Nespithe is one of the most innovative death metal albums out there even to this day. It took a while for me to come around to it, but once I did I couldn't stop listening to it.

markrz
07-26-2014, 05:44 AM
Demilich in 2006 was the thing that made me notice Maryland Death Fest was a thing. I didn't make it that year and could never muster the enthusiasm to go to a future fest knowing that I had missed out on the Demilich year.

Looks like now I'll get my chance!

treghet
07-26-2014, 05:59 AM
Definitely do not miss the chance to see them. I'm curious to see what Demilich is going to post about their appearance, seeing as Antti was very clear that they were splitting up permanently after the two 2010 shows.

Edit: This is their statement regarding the reunion.

I've always hated the saying "life is short", as mine has felt way too long already. Lately, though, I've kind of understood the thing, so why not live and give. Demilich is not back as it was in early 90's, but we'll do whatever we want to, and as long as we feel it's nice to do. We may record something small before MDF, or after that, or never. Expect everything and nothing. We'll see you in Baltimore, at least.

https://www.facebook.com/demilichband/posts/719406134798234

Spiner202
07-26-2014, 06:25 AM
I sort of wrote off Demilich because of the ridiculous vocals and song titles, but you guys have convinced me to give Nespithe a shot. Hopefully it's good.

GarageMetal468
07-26-2014, 07:03 AM
I sort of wrote off Demilich because of the ridiculous vocals and song titles, but you guys have convinced me to give Nespithe a shot. Hopefully it's good.

Yes. It's good. The first announcement didn't blow me away but Demilich alone makes me so god damn excited it's unbelievable.

LogicBomb
07-26-2014, 12:16 PM
http://i.imgur.com/rWGH9Qp.jpg

Preliminary flyer (obviously, because Sodom and Arcturus haven't been crossed off yet).

What's Anaal's setlist like these days anyway? I prefer the first couple of albums.

mankvill
07-26-2014, 01:00 PM
http://i.imgur.com/rWGH9Qp.jpg

Preliminary flyer (obviously, because Sodom and Arcturus haven't been crossed off yet).

What's Anaal's setlist like these days anyway? I prefer the first couple of albums.

Unfortunately (although that's a dumb word because I love every single thing they've done 100% more than my own children) lately it seems like the only thing off The Codex Necro they do is Submission Is For The Weak and the only thing off Domine Non Es Dignus is Do Not Speak, and they haven't even been doing that lately.

edit: I will say at a show in England a while back out of fucking nowhere they did The Supreme Necrotic Audnance, so I hope they pull some oldies like that out for MDF.

mr. roti
07-26-2014, 04:37 PM
Sodom already cancelled their appearance at MDF next year. Well, that was as quick as Cryptic Slaughter this year.

adamclark52
07-26-2014, 05:17 PM
DEMILICH?!?! FUCK. That is one band I never expected to see on the lineup. I'm really bummed that it says exclusive US appearance. Now there's no hope for a tour like they did when they played MDF in 2006. :bawling: I'd kill to see Sodom too, even if their setlists are mediocre these days. I have to say the lineup is starting to shape up nicely now.

There are no effects on the vocals. They even stated that in the inner sleeve of their album. Watch videos of them live if you're still in doubt. The vocals are definitely strange and perhaps off-putting to new listeners, but I implore you give them another chance. Nespithe is one of the most innovative death metal albums out there even to this day. It took a while for me to come around to it, but once I did I couldn't stop listening to it.

I tried man but I just could not get passed the vocals. And I like death metal, believe me. I thought it sounded like what people who make fun of death metal think death metal sounds like. Just retarded. Musically it was great but the vocals were too much. To me it sounded like there was a bit of reverb on the vocals. Maybe if that was gone it would be better. And live I'm sure it's fantastic. But I tried and tried and just thought it was terrible. Think about it; I deleted an album that I got for free.

They really should stop announcing bands ten months before the show. I'm sure four months would be more than enough time for people to prepare. It would give the bands make more concrete commitments. And it would keep people from bonering out then getting blue-balled so quickly.

mankvill
07-26-2014, 07:07 PM
Sodom already cancelled their appearance at MDF next year. Well, that was as quick as Cryptic Slaughter this year.

shush

mankvill
07-26-2014, 07:08 PM
They really should stop announcing bands ten months before the show. I'm sure four months would be more than enough time for people to prepare. It would give the bands make more concrete commitments. And it would keep people from bonering out then getting blue-balled so quickly.

Nah, not with huge fests like this. It takes a huge amount of time to secure visas, tickets, funding, etc. for all the international bands that are flying in. It's the same as any big Euro metal festival.

adamclark52
07-26-2014, 07:18 PM
Nah, not with huge fests like this. It takes a huge amount of time to secure visas, tickets, funding, etc. for all the international bands that are flying in. It's the same as any big Euro metal festival.

Then maybe they should just wait a little longer to make sure things are set in concrete. Why get peoples hopes up so early to dash them just as quick. Why not just announce that EVERY BAND IN THE WORLD is playing then cancel them slowly over the next year!

"We regret to announce that Pantera has dropped off"

I just don't see the point in announcing shit so early if it's not one hundred percent. I can see when Triptykon dropped off a week before because of a death that they had no control over. That's a different circumstance. But why not just sit on their own plans for a few months? Why jump the gun?

mankvill
07-26-2014, 07:55 PM
Then maybe they should just wait a little longer to make sure things are set in concrete. Why get peoples hopes up so early to dash them just as quick. Why not just announce that EVERY BAND IN THE WORLD is playing then cancel them slowly over the next year!

"We regret to announce that Pantera has dropped off"

I just don't see the point in announcing shit so early if it's not one hundred percent. I can see when Triptykon dropped off a week before because of a death that they had no control over. That's a different circumstance. But why not just sit on their own plans for a few months? Why jump the gun?

I'm pretty sure it's the policy of big fests like this to not announce bands until they're 100%. I know the Triptykon thing was super last minute last year, but Aeternus and Mitochondrion were last-minute drop-off stuff because of Visa and border patrol bullshit. Sometimes shit happens.

justinm4bama
07-26-2014, 10:54 PM
Since Master is on this, what do you think the chances are for Death Strike to be added?

Spiner202
07-27-2014, 06:35 AM
Yes. It's good. The first announcement didn't blow me away but Demilich alone makes me so god damn excited it's unbelievable.

I just finished listening to it for the first time, and wow, this is good stuff. The vocals don't really bother me anymore, but there are so many good riffs on this album. Now I'm angrier that I can't go to MDF this year :P

TheGingerMaster
07-27-2014, 07:41 AM
The vocalist of Demilich sounds like a professional burper. But the music is really good.

mankvill
07-27-2014, 12:12 PM
The vocalist of Demilich sounds like a professional burper. But the music is really good.

That'd be awesome, but does Paul usually have both bands on one bill?

christopher
07-27-2014, 03:49 PM
Since Master is on this, what do you think the chances are for Death Strike to be added?

Are you serious about that question?

mr. roti
07-27-2014, 04:27 PM
Death strike actually played last year at a festival.

GarageMetal468
07-27-2014, 04:32 PM
Not sure about the chances for Death Strike, but it was probably convenient for Master and Funebrarum to be added to MDF since they're touring throughout May.

Also, party brigade needs to be in full effect for Melt Banana. Same with Splatterhouse.

MikeConnor123
07-27-2014, 05:43 PM
Also, party brigade needs to be in full effect for Melt Banana. Same with Splatterhouse.

That's who we are planning to do at the moment! Also we are thinking it'd be fun to do something during DRI and Napalm Death too. Not really sure yet but Splatterhouse and Melt Banana are top choices at the moment! I guess I'll see how it all looks when the lineup is finished

mankvill
07-27-2014, 07:37 PM
There needs to be a non Soundstage party brigade band too!

MikeConnor123
07-27-2014, 08:40 PM

I'd love to do something fun at the Edison lot. Can't do anything at rams head though. I tried to for coffins this year and when they looked in my bag they basically said I couldn't bring anything like that into there

mankvill
07-27-2014, 09:03 PM
I'd love to do something fun at the Edison lot. Can't do anything at rams head though. I tried to for coffins this year and when they looked in my bag they basically said I couldn't bring anything like that into there

Yeah, they were pretty strict with that kinda stuff. I actually stopped back at my hotel room after Edison each day to drop my stuff off before I went to Rams Head.

RAZOR
07-28-2014, 08:51 AM

You just need to get tickets for Soundstage! ;p

justinm4bama
07-28-2014, 12:53 PM
Are you serious about that question?

Yeah, they're still around.

Derelict
07-29-2014, 05:29 AM
Pardon my ignorance, but what's the Party Brigade?

mr. roti
07-29-2014, 08:24 AM
Pardon my ignorance, but what's the Party Brigade?

http://ruminator.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Party.jpg

Derelict
07-29-2014, 09:05 AM
http://ruminator.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Party.jpg

Ok, now I'm definitely going.

MikeConnor123
07-31-2014, 09:00 AM
MONDAY, AUGUST 18th at 12 pm (EST) - We will post the third and final round of confirmed bands for MDF XIII. This will include approximately 35 bands and will round out the billing for each venue. 90% of the bands for this announcement are already confirmed, but hey, if you want to comment with an enormous list of bands that you want to see, nobody is stopping you!

Also, on August 18th, we will reveal where each band is playing. Chances are likely that we'll also reveal which day each band is playing on the 18th. If that isn't posted on the 18th, it will be posted before August 31st.

- FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 5th - ALL ticket options will go on sale, including multi-day / multi-venue passes and individual day tickets for each day / venue. The exact time for the ticket sale on September 5th will be posted at a later date.

According to one of the organizers facebook page, the lineup announcement is going to be NUTTY. I'm sure it's going to be closer to 40 than 35 too. Can't wait to see who's announced!

adamclark52
07-31-2014, 11:23 AM
According to one of the organizers facebook page, the lineup announcement is going to be NUTTY. I'm sure it's going to be closer to 40 than 35 too. Can't wait to see who's announced!

I can't wait to see who drops out!

MPF
07-31-2014, 11:36 AM
I know the lineup isn't fully announced *and in some cases stable on which bands will actually be there* but having Triptykon, Sodom and Anaal Nathrakh is all I need to actually go next year.

I really hope I can make it happen this time.

John The Drummer
07-31-2014, 11:56 AM
I know the lineup isn't fully announced *and in some cases stable on which bands will actually be there* but having Triptykon, Sodom and Anaal Nathrakh is all I need to actually go next year.

I really hope I can make it happen this time.

That Drummer Guy Presents: Live From MDF?

MPF @ MDF?

MPF
07-31-2014, 12:03 PM
That Drummer Guy Presents: Live From MDF?

MPF @ MDF?

So it shall be done....I have to now after those amazing marketing ideas!

John The Drummer
07-31-2014, 12:04 PM
Maybe if I go too we can call it "Those Drummer Guys Present" XD :lol:

MPF
07-31-2014, 12:14 PM

:lol: I love it! I better start saving up now, and not be in the hospital this year when tickets go on sale!

I actually have a drummer "friend" of mine who wanted in when I got asked to interview Miss May I, so I had him hold the camera. I know it made his whole year. After the interview he asked if it would be ok if he started doing interviews with bands and call himself That Other Drummer Guy.

...I can't make that shit up...

John The Drummer
07-31-2014, 12:16 PM
Bwahahahaha. That'd be great if he actually did that and the bands he interviewed would say "Wait a sec.... so you're that OTHER drummer guy? What happened to THAT drummer guy?"

MPF
07-31-2014, 12:21 PM
Bwahahahaha. That'd be great if he actually did that and the bands he interviewed would say "Wait a sec.... so you're that OTHER drummer guy? What happened to THAT drummer guy?"

:lol:

His idea was that he would interviews with bands I would pass on, so I could see the conversation now....

Suicide Silence: "Wait a sec.... so you're that OTHER drummer guy? What happened to THAT drummer guy?"

That Other Drummer Guy: "Passed on this, but I love you gu....hey where are you going???"

GarageMetal468
07-31-2014, 03:22 PM

Please go next year :(

John The Drummer
07-31-2014, 05:41 PM
Please go next year :(

I'm moving out of my Dads pretty soon, so money will be tight for a small bit until I get adjusted, but hopefully getting a raise pretty soon (plus tons of overtime... thanks Obama...)! I will try my hardest to save any pennies I get, such a baller lineup... and so many bands to yell Pantera during!!!!!! :rocker:

John The Drummer
07-31-2014, 05:42 PM
:lol:

His idea was that he would interviews with bands I would pass on, so I could see the conversation now....

Suicide Silence: "Wait a sec.... so you're that OTHER drummer guy? What happened to THAT drummer guy?"

That Other Drummer Guy: "Passed on this, but I love you gu....hey where are you going???"

Everyone hates That Other Drummer Guy

GarageMetal468
07-31-2014, 06:42 PM
I'm moving out of my Dads pretty soon, so money will be tight for a small bit until I get adjusted, but hopefully getting a raise pretty soon (plus tons of overtime... thanks Obama...)! I will try my hardest to save any pennies I get, such a baller lineup... and so many bands to yell Pantera during!!!!!! :rocker:

If you do end up going we're getting drunk with the Primordial singer.

RAZOR
08-01-2014, 08:59 AM

Me too!!

christopher
08-03-2014, 11:08 AM
Yeah, they're still around.

My point was that Master is Death Strike. Same lineup and almost half of the eight DS songs are played in Master's set. If you really wanted to hear one of the non Master DS songs, just ask Speckmann to play it. haha

John The Drummer
08-03-2014, 11:18 AM

Me too!!

To The Guitarless Dime

justinm4bama
08-04-2014, 11:24 AM
My point was that Master is Death Strike. Same lineup and almost half of the eight DS songs are played in Master's set. If you really wanted to hear one of the non Master DS songs, just ask Speckmann to play it. haha

Oh wow I didn't know they did that. Makes sense but full Master and DS sets would be better :) Oh well, beggers can't be choosers :tongue:

mankvill
08-04-2014, 11:50 AM
Oh wow I didn't know they did that. Makes sense but full Master and DS sets would be better :) Oh well, beggers can't be choosers :tongue:

I think 7 Master songs followed by 3 or 4 Death Strike songs would be perfect.

mankvill
08-15-2014, 07:54 PM
Hello, everyone.

Look for our update on Monday, August 18th around 12 pm EST. We will be announcing at least 40 bands that will round out the billing for MDF XIII!

All ticket options will go sale on Friday, September 5th. Stay tuned for a precise time. We will let you know who is playing each day before tickets go on sale.

NOW IN THE CORRECT THREAD

justinm4bama
08-15-2014, 08:33 PM
NOW IN THE CORRECT THREAD

Jeez, Manks, finally!

mankvill
08-18-2014, 08:03 AM
Here is the third and final round of confirmed bands for MDF XIII!

ADVERSARIAL (Canada)
AGORAPHOBIC NOSEBLEED - First ever live performance!
AMORPHIS (Finland) - Playing the 'Tales from the Thousand Lakes' album in its entirety. Exclusive US appearance!
ANTIGAMA (Poland)
ARTIFICIAL BRAIN
BACKSLIDER
BEVAR SEA (India)
BLOODBATH (Sweden) - First time in the US and first live performance in 5 years! Exclusive US appearance!
CEPHALIC CARNAGE - Playing songs from the first 3 albums!
CHAINSAW TO THE FACE
CIANIDE
CIBORIUM
COKE BUST
CONAN (UK) - Exclusive US appearance!
DEVOURMENT
ENGORGED
ENTRAILS MASSACRE (Germany)
EXCEL
FLAGITIOUS IDIOSYNCRASY IN THE DILAPIDATION (Japan)
FULL OF HELL
GHOUL
GRIN AND BEAR IT
HOMEWRECKER
INTER ARMA
INTERNAL BLEEDING
INVERLOCH (Australia) - Playing a diSEMBOWELMENT set! Exclusive US appearance!
IRON MAN
JEX THOTH
KNELT ROTE
MANTAR (Germany)
MORPHEUS DESCENDS
MORTAL DECAY
OBITUARY
PRIMITIVE MAN
PROSANCTUS INFERI
RAZOR (Canada) - First time in the US since 1992! Exclusive US appearance!
SPAZZTIC BLURR
THANTIFAXATH (Canada)
TRIAC
VATTNET VISKAR
YOB

Take note that we will also have a Thursday show at Ottobar (located at 2549 N Howard St), which will feature some of the death metal bands from the list of confirmed bands above. Another band or two will be added to this show at a later date.

We've noted below where each band is playing. The day-by-day list of bands for Edison Lot, Soundstage, and Rams Head between Friday-Sunday will be posted by the end of August. All ticket options will go on sale on Friday, September 5th at 3 PM (EST)

Also, we have collaborated with Relapse Records and have arranged for some special appearances & performances to celebrate as part of their year long 25th anniversary. Special sets will take place, including the first ever live performance of Agoraphobic Nosebleed, the first ever North American appearance of Inverloch (members of diSEMBOWELMENT playing songs from their classic records), and Amorphis performing a special set of the entire classic Tales
From the Thousand Lakes album.

Thursday, May 21st @ Rams Head Live:
Bevar Sea
Conan
Iron Man
Jex Thoth
Mantar
Primitive Man
Ufomammut
YOB

Thursday, May 21st @ Ottobar:
Devourment
Internal Bleeding
Mortal Decay
Ciborium

Friday - Sunday @ Edison Lot:
Amorphis
Anaal Nathrakh
Arcturus
Aura Noir
Artificial Brain
Bloodbath
Bulldozer
Cianide
Demilich
Einherjer
Fulgora
Funebrarum
Goatsnake
Inverloch (playing a diSEMBOWELMENT set)
Lock Up
Master
Metal Church
Morpheus Descends
Neurosis
Obituary
Primordial
Prosanctus Inferi
Razor
Serpentine Path
Skepticism
Sodom
Triptykon
Twilight of the Gods
Vallenfyre
Vulcano
Winter

Friday - Sunday @ Rams Head Live:
Adversarial
Aeternus
Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult
Demoncy
Dragged into Sunlight
Impetuous Ritual
Knelt Rote
Portal
Thantifaxath
Tsjuder
Vattnet Viskar

Friday - Sunday @ Soundstage:
Agoraphobic Nosebleed
Antigama
Backslider
Cephalic Carnage
Chainsaw to the Face
Coke Bust
D.R.I.
Early Graves
Engorged
Entrails Massacre
Excel
F.I.D.
Full of Hell
Ghoul
Grin and Bear it
Homewrecker
Inter Arma
Lycanthrophy
Martyrdöd
Melt-Banana
Mother Brain
Pizzahifive
P.L.F.
Napalm Death
Noisear
Noxa
Spazztic Blurr
Splatterhouse
Suffering Mind
Triac
Water Torture
Wolfbrigade

Wow.

Spiner202
08-18-2014, 08:23 AM
AMORPHIS - Awesome

BLOODBATH - Pretty cool

EXCEL - Now we're talkin!

MORPHEUS DESCENDS - Dear god...

OBITUARY - Reliable

RAZOR (Canada) - How does one get a Maryland Deathfest ticket?

SPAZZTIC BLURR - This is just unfair...

Wow. Great lineup.

TehBr00tulz
08-18-2014, 08:30 AM
http://files.redux.com/images/0ec7cb128e5103c6c9c2d01e72b568f2/raw

This is gonna be fun.

moobys37
08-18-2014, 08:38 AM
Solid. Agoraphobic has the potential to be awesome or fucking awful. Nice to see they'll probably have Skepticism play at 3pm though :(

mankvill
08-18-2014, 08:39 AM
Solid. Agoraphobic has the potential to be awesome or fucking awful. Nice to see they'll probably have Skepticism play at 3pm though :(

If Taake can be awesome during the day, anyone can!

Except Dragged Into Sunlight. Glad they're on an inside stage.

John The Drummer
08-18-2014, 08:52 AM
Ho. Lee. Shit.

:wow:

mankvill
08-18-2014, 08:53 AM
My guesses on headliners:

Thursday at Ram's Head: Ufomammut
Thursday at Otto Bar: Devourment (MAYBE Internal Bleeding)

Friday - Sunday at Ram's Head: Aeternus, Demoncy, Portal

Friday - Sunday at Edison Lot: Arcturus, Neurosis, Triptykon

Friday - Sunday at Soundstage: D.R.I., Napalm Death, Agoraphobic Nosebleed

John The Drummer
08-18-2014, 08:56 AM
I'm sure Bloodbath would headline one of the nights at the Lot. Speaking of Bloodbath, I'm guessing they will be making an announcement as to who their new vocalist is very soon...

hellawaits77ny
08-18-2014, 09:15 AM
Might have to road trip it up.

elturtleboy
08-18-2014, 09:26 AM
AGORAPHOBIC NOSEBLEED - First ever live performance!
BACKSLIDER
BLOODBATH (Sweden) - First time in the US and first live performance in 5 years! Exclusive US appearance!
CEPHALIC CARNAGE - Playing songs from the first 3 albums!
CHAINSAW TO THE FACE
COKE BUST
DEVOURMENT
EXCEL
FLAGITIOUS IDIOSYNCRASY IN THE DILAPIDATION (Japan)
FULL OF HELL
GHOUL
HOMEWRECKER
INTERNAL BLEEDING
INVERLOCH (Australia) - Playing a diSEMBOWELMENT set! Exclusive US appearance!
MORPHEUS DESCENDS
OBITUARY
PRIMITIVE MAN
SPAZZTIC BLURR
VATTNET VISKAR

OH MY GAWD

John The Drummer
08-18-2014, 09:57 AM
AMORPHIS (Finland) - Playing the 'Tales from the Thousand Lakes' album in its entirety. Exclusive US appearance!
CIANIDE
GHOUL
OBITUARY

Nothing overly OMG on this announcement (other than Bloodbath), but I am not going to be THAT GUY, and I am still going to say this is an amazingly solid lineup and I really hope to find a way to make it!

TehBr00tulz
08-18-2014, 10:06 AM
Anybody who is not excited for Inverloch (1/2 of diSEMBOWELMENT) doing diSEMBOWELMENT has never heard one of the greatest death/doom albums ever recorded (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-gRJ-fHDjI).

mankvill
08-18-2014, 10:30 AM
Anybody who is not excited for Inverloch (1/2 of diSEMBOWELMENT) doing diSEMBOWELMENT has never heard one of the greatest death/doom albums ever recorded (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-gRJ-fHDjI).

Demilich and dISEMBOWELMENT on one fest. Omg

slapguitarer
08-18-2014, 11:26 AM
damn, this is really tight. if anybody from California has ever gone to this, how much does it set ya back?

John The Drummer
08-18-2014, 11:27 AM
damn, this is really tight. if anybody from California has ever gone to this, how much does it set ya back?

Well... I'm from Seattle, so more or less the same idea :p.... but expect and plan to spend AT LEAST $1000 (flight, lodging, food, merch).

slapguitarer
08-18-2014, 11:33 AM
being a broke, unemployed college student sucks. I'm not holding my breath but I'll try and save up as much as possible. I'd rather not dip into my savings, but if I get close to saving enough, I just might.

...I need to start selling drugs or something

Coma323
08-18-2014, 11:34 AM
Well technically it's their second appearance in the US, since they played that 2 song set in Baltimore a few years ago on the Opeth/Katatonia tour...

John The Drummer
08-18-2014, 11:44 AM
...I need to start selling drugs or something

I told my lady that we need to start selling crack and girl scout cookies :)

mankvill
08-18-2014, 11:45 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t1.0-9/s720x720/10561834_757105740994599_8588411405646709730_n.jpg

So I got really confused because Jason Keyser said he was performing at MDF and I didn't see any of his bands on here, but lo and behold on this mock-up flyer (and I'm pretty sure the only time they've been mentioned) Origin is on there!

Datjazzfusion
08-18-2014, 12:12 PM
being a broke, unemployed college student sucks.

The struggle is all too real.

Someguy89
08-18-2014, 12:13 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t1.0-9/s720x720/10561834_757105740994599_8588411405646709730_n.jpg

So I got really confused because Jason Keyser said he was performing at MDF and I didn't see any of his bands on here, but lo and behold on this mock-up flyer (and I'm pretty sure the only time they've been mentioned) Origin is on there!

It's Origin, they updated the list.

energymetal14
08-18-2014, 12:25 PM
I'm not too overwhelmed by this announcement actually. ANB and Inverloch/diSEMBOWELMENT are the only real holy shit ones for me. Bands like Full of Hell, Coke Bust, and Adversarial, and Morpheus Descends are cool though, and I will definitely wanna see FID. But I've seen Coke Bust and FoH before but will gladly see them again.

But still I am ridiculously excited, I think this ilneup is way better than last year's personally. I mean:

Sodom
Napalm Death
Obituary
Agoraphobic Nosebleed
Winter
Melt Banana
Skepticism
Inverloch/diSEMBOWELMENT
Portal
Goatsnake
Lock Up
Wolfbrigade
Serpentine Path
YOB
Martyrdod
Morpheus Descends
Adversarial
Lycanthropy
PLF
FID
Water Torture
Full of Hell
Vattnet Viskar
Suffering Mind
Coke Bust
Pizza Hi Five
Early Graves

Damn.

mankvill
08-18-2014, 12:27 PM
It's Origin, they updated the list.

Yup, they're playing thursday at the Ottobar.

moobys37
08-18-2014, 01:08 PM
My guesses on headliners:

Thursday at Ram's Head: Ufomammut
Thursday at Otto Bar: Devourment (MAYBE Internal Bleeding)

Friday - Sunday at Ram's Head: Aeternus, Demoncy, Portal

Friday - Sunday at Edison Lot: Arcturus, Neurosis, Triptykon

Friday - Sunday at Soundstage: D.R.I., Napalm Death, Agoraphobic Nosebleed

Yob would headline over Ufomammut even though I think it's kind of a 1a/1b situation. MAYBE Conan if they keep blowing up. Tsunder over Aeternus at Ram's Head, Amorphis over Arcturus and Bloodbath over Triptykon on the main stages. Soundstage looks legit though.

mankvill
08-18-2014, 01:13 PM
Yob would headline over Ufomammut even though I think it's kind of a 1a/1b situation. MAYBE Conan if they keep blowing up. Tsunder over Aeternus at Ram's Head, Amorphis over Arcturus and Bloodbath over Triptykon on the main stages. Soundstage looks legit though.

Aeternus was supposed to headline the Ram's Head this year, that's why I thought they'd headline here. And yeah, I'm kinda surprised Amorphis is billed so high - but...you know the reason for that already. ;)

OraclesofAgony
08-18-2014, 01:18 PM
Alright, the planning begins now. I must make this happen.

MPF
08-18-2014, 01:38 PM
I told my girlfriend that Amorphis is playing and she says that we NEED to make this happen.

So one of us will be sitting on the computer when they go on sale and doing our damnedest to get 4 day passes.

Coma323
08-18-2014, 03:36 PM
Yeah I'm pretty pumped about Amorphis as I've never seen them. Last time they toured I wanted to go so bad but had no ride and they've never been back since.

jhdeity
08-18-2014, 03:45 PM
So who wants to give odds on Sodom actually playing and not having Visa issues or whatnot?

RAZOR
08-18-2014, 06:52 PM
Razor finally gets to see Razor!

*ba dum tiss*

John The Drummer
08-18-2014, 08:05 PM
Razor finally gets to see Razor!

*ba dum tiss*

http://caseewilson.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/fuck-you-gifs-26.gif

:tongue:

MikeConnor123
08-18-2014, 11:39 PM
My Guesses on Closing bands..

Thursday Rams Head- YOB
Thursday Ottobar- Devourment

Friday-Sunday Rams Head-- Aeternus, Portal, Tsjuder

Friday-Sunday Edison Lot-- Neurosis, Sodom, Razor

Friday-Sunday Soundstage-- Napalm Death, DRI, Melt Banana

MikeConnor123
08-18-2014, 11:40 PM
Aeternus was supposed to headline the Ram's Head this year, that's why I thought they'd headline here.

Aeternus was never sloted to headline a night at Rams Head this year- The night they played had Incantation closing even before they dropped off

MikeConnor123
08-18-2014, 11:41 PM
So party brigade 2015... Splatterhouse, Ghoul, PLF, Melt Banana?? and possibly something for Agoraphobic Nosebleed?? There's a lot to work with there... Also... Lock Up for an outside party??

mankvill
08-18-2014, 11:44 PM
Aeternus was never sloted to headline a night at Rams Head this year- The night they played had Incantation closing even before they dropped off

Oh yeah, that's right. My bad.

treghet
08-19-2014, 02:57 AM
I wonder if Sheepdog will be doing vocals for Razor. In an interview a few weeks ago he mentioned that there's the possibility of a reunion next year.

OraclesofAgony
08-19-2014, 01:06 PM
Do tickets usually sell out fast for this? I plan on buying once they go onsale regardless, but I hope I have more than a few seconds to make that happen. :lol:

mankvill
08-19-2014, 01:35 PM
Do tickets usually sell out fast for this? I plan on buying once they go onsale regardless, but I hope I have more than a few seconds to make that happen. :lol:

If I remember correctly, all-day all-venue passes sold out extremely quickly, and then all Ram's Head and Soundstage 3-day and single-day passes eventually sold out, but Edison Lot tickets were available even at the entrance to the Lot on the day of show.

edit: the all-day all-venue passes sold out within a few hours.

OraclesofAgony
08-19-2014, 01:38 PM
edit: the all-day all-venue passes sold out within a few hours.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully that is the same case this time. As long as I have an opportunity to I plan on getting all day passes.

Natrlhi
08-19-2014, 03:10 PM
Thursday, May 21st @ Rams Head Live:
Bevar Sea
Conan
Iron Man
Jex Thoth
Mantar
Primitive Man
Ufomammut
YOB
Oh my. That's a whole lotta awesome DOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM right there. The Nat does want. :drool:

mankvill
08-19-2014, 03:26 PM
Oh my. That's a whole lotta awesome DOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM right there. The Nat does want. :drool:

For realsies. I thought about going to the other Thursday show to catch Devourment and Internal Bleeding, but I can't pass up Conan, Jex Thoth and YOB all on one bill. :drool:

Coma323
08-19-2014, 03:31 PM
Just booked hotel for a friend and I, now comes the waiting game.

mankvill
08-19-2014, 03:32 PM
omg if a bunch of metalsetlists people show up I will be so happy. lots of us were there last year and it made everything so much more enjoyable :party:

we should get shirts or something

GarageMetal468
08-19-2014, 04:10 PM
For realsies. I thought about going to the other Thursday show to catch Devourment and Internal Bleeding, but I can't pass up Conan, Jex Thoth and YOB all on one bill. :drool:

I can. Ottobar that night will be like Visceral Disgorge at Sidebar only like 100x more ignorant.

mankvill
08-19-2014, 04:11 PM
I can. Ottobar that night will be like Visceral Disgorge at Sidebar only like 100x more ignorant.

I admit it will be fun, but Origin is basically a local band for me and I'm sure I have more of a chance to see Devourment and Internal Bleeding than Conan and YOB again.

GarageMetal468
08-19-2014, 04:17 PM
I admit it will be fun, but Origin is basically a local band for me and I'm sure I have more of a chance to see Devourment and Internal Bleeding than Conan and YOB again.

Conan and Ufomammut are the only 2 at Ram's Head that really interest me. I've either already seen or don't care about the rest.

mankvill
08-19-2014, 04:21 PM
EVERYONE POST YOUR TOP 10 MOST ANTICIPATED MDF BANDS

1. Anaal Nathrakh
2. Sodom
3. Triptykon
4. Dragged Into Sunlight
5. Cianide
6. Tsjuder
7. Razor
8. PLF
9. Devourment
10. Melt-Banana

GarageMetal468
08-19-2014, 04:25 PM
1. Demilich

For real,

1. Demilich
2. Razor
3. Skepticism
4. Triptykon
5. Portal
6. Inverloch
7. Lycanthrophy
8. Anaal Nathrakh
9. Agoraphobic Nosebleed
10. Sodom

energymetal14
08-19-2014, 05:02 PM
1. Wolfbrigade
2. Sodom
3. Water Torture
4. Martyrdod
5. Skepticism
6. PLF
7. Serpentine Path
8. Morpheus Descends
9. Pizza Hi Five
10. Melt Banana

smearCampaign
08-19-2014, 05:25 PM
omg if a bunch of metalsetlists people show up I will be so happy. lots of us were there last year and it made everything so much more enjoyable :party:

we should get shirts or something

http://i.imgur.com/eLeRNQD.png

mankvill
08-19-2014, 05:26 PM
http://i.imgur.com/eLeRNQD.png

:party::party::party::party::party::party::party:: party::party::party::party::party::party::party::p arty:

Maideneer
08-19-2014, 05:57 PM
Arcturus, Amorphis, Einherjer, Vallenfyre, Aeternus, Tsjuder, Primordial, a couple others. I like Amorphis the best, but Arcturus would be the one to get me to travel for this. Eh, I don't know this is so far away there's no way I can commit to anything this early. I already saw My Dying Bride, so life is pretty much complete now.

John The Drummer
08-19-2014, 08:32 PM
In ABC Order

Aeternus
Anaal Nathrakh
Arcturus
Aura Noir
Bloodbath
Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult
Goatsnake
Primordial
Razor
Sodom
Triptykon
Tsjuder
Twilight of the Gods

...ok more than 10 :D

kalfitegrdan
08-20-2014, 02:47 AM
1. Anaal Nathrakh
2. Demilich
3. Winter
4. Razor
5. Lycanthropy
6. Agoraphobic Nosebleed
7. Conan
8. Triptykon
9. Sodom
10. Dragged Into Sunlight

Also pretty stoked for Neurosis, Amorphis, Tsjuder, Portal, Water Torture and Bloodbath.

Spiner202
08-20-2014, 04:11 AM
I can't go, but why not:

1. Sodom
2. Razor

-------------------------

3. Obituary
4. D.R.I.
5. Excel
6. Metal Church
7. Morpheus Descends
8. Demilich
9. Bulldozer
10. Winter

smearCampaign
08-20-2014, 04:46 AM
Anaal Nathrakh
Sodom
Aura Noir
Triptykon
Demilich
Razor
Tsjuder
Aeternus
Portal
Obituary

Derelict
08-20-2014, 05:04 AM
Pretty sure i will be there again next year.

Nickweiser
08-20-2014, 05:25 AM
Not familiar with all the bands but a good amount of them and depending on how many I check out between now and May of 2015 this would be my must see's as of now plus bands I wouldn't mind seeing if no overlaps occur! :D

Must see:
1)Agoraphobic Nosebleed
2)Razor
3)Portal
4)Anaal Nathrakh
5)Lock Up
6)Sodom
7)Noxa
8)Lycanthrophy
9)Prosanctus Inferi
10)D.R.I.(Soundstage alone will make this worth it!)

5 bands I'd like to see if no overlaps occur:
1)Obituary
2)Bloodbath
3)Mortal Decay
4)Melt Banana
5)Neurosis

I wonder how much of this list will stay between now and May. There are definitely more than I want to see than the bands I just listed and while you know, something's gotta give! It was definitely harder than I thought to come up with just a few bands. A few were easy but other than that who knows my mindset/mood once I step foot in Baltimore! Either way I'm stoked. Can't wait to get the hotel booked :party: