Group: Atmosphere
Song:Lovelife
Artist: Slug
Producer: Ant
Album:God Loves Ugly
year: 2002

"Lovelife"
uxTd8Kd64w0

This song is so raw, powerful, and very emotional. The lyrics just blow me away. A song that's so simple, yet the lyrics are so true and speak everything about this world that we live in and how we live what we call LIFE. The opening lines to the song pretty much speaks for it self....and quite frankly...life is too short...we're all going to be dead sooner or later. So love life, my friends.

christopher
05-28-2014, 08:37 PM
I'm all for this. I love your threads about hip hop, but.... we are all still waiting to see the rest of your top 50 album thread. :snivel:

Sepultura69
05-29-2014, 11:13 AM
Artist:Special Ed
Album: BUCKWILD: Diggin in the vault 1993-1997 era
Song: Lyrics
Producer: Buckwild
Released: 1995

Lyrics - Special Ed
Y2ng3FwjlcY

Special Ed is a hard hitting MC from the golden age era of Hip hop. He came out with a few good albums, but this song is hands down his most rawest, and hardest hitting song out of everything that he has ever released. The original version of this song is nice, but this remix that DJ Buckwild dropped on Special Ed is just superior in every aspect. From the crusty sampling of weird scientific like sounds to that hard hitting drum thumping up and and down the song is just so hardcore you can't help but nod your head to it at mock speed. And one cannot forget Special Eds hard hitting lyrics that accompany Buckwilds raw instrumental. The hard-hitting beat mixed in with special edz hardcore lyrics is just a perfect example of what rap was like during the 90s in the East Coast.

"I GOT THE SHANK TO YO MEMORY BANK!" - Special Ed

Sepultura69
05-29-2014, 11:52 AM
Damn, sorry folks. I know it was suppose to be a song per week but I can't help my self right now. I wish a mod could change the title to "Hip Hop Songs of the week" instead. Heres another gem. I just wanna introduce some of you hip hop heads(larvtard, Mooby, chris, smearcamaign, bloodofkings ect) into some more interesting and alternative hip hop groups that stand out from the typical hip hop scene that you're accustomed to. Sure you got your wu tang, public enemy, 2pac, biggie, bone thugs and more well known accessible artist/Groups of the genre. But now its time to delve much deeper into the genres of rap/hip hop. Some of the songs being posted here will be from some of my favorite rap/hip hop records. And hopefully i can introduce you guys to some killer groups and artists that didn't or won't make it on my top 50 hip hop albums thread(which i will one day finish it, sooner or late....)

ANYWAYS. ONE MORE SONG of the day. DRUM ROLL PLEASE

Sepultura69
05-29-2014, 12:01 PM
Arist: Redman
Producer: Eric Serman
Album: WHAT thee ALBUM?!?
Song: Tonights Da Night
Recorded: 1991-1992
released: 1992

Tonights Da Night
7n9hAjs8yv0

Redmans debut album is a 5/5 classic, and this song is easily one of the greatest hip hop song ever made. The lyrics are ruff and rugged, the beat produced by eric sermon is so goddamn smooth that i can't seen anyone other than Reman destroying this instrumental. EVERYONE NEEDS TO BLACK THIS SHIT AT MAXIUM VOLUME.

"I DO THE TYPE OF EVIL THAT MEN DO. LIKE CURSING OUT MY WINDOW AT A BITCH AND HER FRIEND TOO" - Redman

:cool:

JRA
05-29-2014, 01:12 PM
I'm all for this. I love your threads about hip hop, but.... we are all still waiting to see the rest of your top 50 album thread. :snivel:

This * 4080

kalfitegrdan
05-30-2014, 12:01 AM
Awesome thread idea, man. I'm still relatively new to hip-hop, so I'm always looking for recommendations and your top 50 thread was a gold mine.

XDoomsayerX
05-30-2014, 10:16 AM
Nig finish yo top 50!

mankvill
05-30-2014, 10:23 AM
Arist: Evil Nine
Producer: Pat Pardy
Album: You Can Be Special Too
Song: Crooked feat. Aesop Rock
Recorded: 2004
released: 2004

KjtXX9ujvzA

8) Allow me to contribute one song

DementedX14
05-31-2014, 07:54 AM
Nig finish yo top 50!

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/270544i9BA46D244887993E/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

Sepultura69
06-01-2014, 07:57 AM
This * 4080
Nig finish yo top 50!
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/270544i9BA46D244887993E/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

One day, people. One day. I'm just too lazy to make up some quick little stupid write ups that accompany the album, that's all. BUT it shall be finished someday in the near future....i hope :hmm:

UNTIL THEN...DRUM ROLL PLEASE...:cool::hmm:

Sepultura69
06-01-2014, 08:06 AM
group: Cypress Hill
Guest members: Redman, Eric Serman, and MC Eiht
Album: Unreleased, and Revamped
Song: Throw your hands in the air (remix)
Recorded: 1994-1995
Released: 1996

Throw your Hands in the Air REMIX
dNO6aR79PZ4

Sepultura69
06-02-2014, 12:11 AM
Song: Just hanging Out
Album: Breaking Atoms
Artist: Large Professor
Group: Main Source
Producer: Larger Professor
DJs: DJ K Cut and Kutmaster Kurt
recorded: 1990-1991
Released:1991

Just Hanging Out
8WRHwtiUlOw

This is an all around classic song(as well as album) from start to finish. Large Professor is a legend. He is a self proclaimed hip hop mc and Well established hip hop producer, and damn he can sure cook up some mighty fine beats to rap over. Large Professor also introduced Nas to the world of hip hop with his debut classic "Breaking Atoms" which was released in 1991. It was the first hip hop CD to introduce a 17 year old queens bridge native known only as NAS to the hip hop world with the classic song "live at the BBQ" which can also be found on "Breaking Atoms". Large Professor would go onto produce a couple of tracks for Nas's legendary debut album "illmatic" which was released in 1994. ANYWAYS, BACK TO THE SONG; "Just hanging" out contains a nice complex Beat meshed in with Large Professors super laid back story telling of his time in the outskirts of new york, just hanging out with his friends and making beats. Blast this song maximum volume, and definitely grab this CD. This would have made it in my top 50 if i HAD of turned it into a top 100 thread instead. Classic song and a stone cold classic album. :cool:

Sepultura69
06-12-2014, 12:04 PM
Song: Follow the liters
Album: LEAK BROS
Artists: CAGE and Tame One
Release: 2003
Recorded: 2002

RzHFi5WA81A

Anyone who is a fan of Pink Floyd should instantly know where the sample is from. This is probably one of a few hip hop records to even sample the All mighty Pink Floyd and execute the beat beautifully. Leak Bros is a concept album by Rappers Cage and Tame one. This might turn some people off, but the album is entirely about the Drug "PCP". Every single song is about the use of pcp, the good, the bad, the ugly. But they execute the album perfectly and it never gets boring. The two rappers talk about everything from the ups and downs of PCP use, although some songs they are just flat out endorsing the drug! This might turn some people off, but those with an open mind will enjoy the album. It also goes without saying that this album features some of the greatest hip hop beats of all time. Seriously, the production on this album is beautiful. This song features a Pink Floyd sample that many should be familiar with. Anyways, this CD is sooo good I might post another song off this album later. Also if my top hip hop albums thread was a top 100 instead of 50 this album would definitely be in there. Amazing concept album, although the subject matter might put some people off, but those with an open mind are welcomed to check out this masterpiece of a concept of album!

SEPULTURA69 WOULD LIKE TO NOTE THAT HE DOES NOT CONDONE THE USE OF PCP OR OTHER DRUG USE...ENJOY

Sepultura69
06-24-2014, 09:14 PM
Group: Double X Posse
Album: Put ya Boots on
Recorded: 1991-1992
Released: 1992

Y7L7HXSF_Eo

The beat, the lyrics, just so goddamn smooth. This is what hip hop was all about back in the early 90s. 1992 was a unique year for Hip Hop. Anyone trying to get into the art of hip hop look no further. HEAD CRACK HEAD CRACK.

Sepultura69
07-10-2014, 11:10 AM
Group: The Artifacts
Members: Tame One and El Da Sensi
Song: HEAVY AMMUNTION
album: Between a Rock and a Hard Place
Recorded: 1993-1994
Released: 1994

u8re5vVdPOU