PDA

View Full Version : Trash Talk - Free Tour

slapguitarer
05-27-2014, 12:36 PM
http://cdn.self-titledmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/poster_6847f5e9-dc12-41e7-b9d9-48c220ff24f9.jpg

Super tight

mankvill
05-27-2014, 12:46 PM
they'd have to pay me top lel

slapguitarer
05-27-2014, 12:50 PM
you've been saying a lot of wrong things today and i don't appreciate it, mister. :hmm:

dcmetal108
05-27-2014, 10:12 PM
Cool idea but stupid on two parts

1) announcing the venue a few days before is kinda dumb

2) There is only 1 MAYBE 2 venues here they could actually play because they are banned from one already.

Ommie
05-27-2014, 10:38 PM
This interests me.

elturtleboy
05-27-2014, 11:11 PM
Cool idea but stupid on two parts

1) announcing the venue a few days before is kinda dumb

Trust me its not. Theyve done free(or really cheap) shows before were they announced the address days ahead. Everytime a riot breaks out. 2 years ago freakin Swat team was shooting bean bags at us. They done this before and everything went as smoothly as possible.

Ugh im on the wait-list,hopefully i make it in

treghet
05-28-2014, 05:35 AM
I'm surprised Trash Talk is still relevant.

dcmetal108
05-28-2014, 08:16 AM

When Odd Future is backing you thats why they are as big as they are.

XDoomsayerX
05-28-2014, 10:51 AM

Agree. Pretty overrated band music wise but their live show peeps jizz buckets for.

MPF
05-28-2014, 11:20 AM
Trash Talk was relevant? Hell I only really knew about them opening for Dillinger Escape Plan back in April.

John The Drummer
05-28-2014, 01:10 PM
Trash Talk was relevant? Hell I only really knew about them opening for Dillinger Escape Plan back in April.

This... must be an Eastern side of the States deal.... as with most of these hardcore bands/tours everyone posts about on here :lol:

slapguitarer
05-28-2014, 01:54 PM
They've also got buzz in California because they're originally from Sacramento but relocated to LA. As long as they got Odd Future backing them they'll be around for a while. And while I agree their music isn't the most revolutionary, it's solid hardcore and I think it's awesome that they do a lot of try and combine the underground hardcore and hip-hop communities.

MPF
05-28-2014, 02:08 PM
They've also got buzz in California because they're originally from Sacramento but relocated to LA. As long as they got Odd Future backing them they'll be around for a while. And while I agree their music isn't the most revolutionary, it's solid hardcore and I think it's awesome that they do a lot of try and combine the underground hardcore and hip-hop communities.

Probably why I had no clue about them.

Coma323
05-28-2014, 02:28 PM
I also never heard of them until the DEP show. Thought they were awful.

mankvill
05-28-2014, 03:33 PM
It's not surprising that everyone who's first experience with Trash Talk was the DEP show hated them - they aren't progressive in the slightest.

That said, all joking aside, I don't hate them. I think they are pretty entertaining live and make solid grind/hardcore/powerviolence.

Their fans are fucking asshole douchelords of the highest caliber, though. Like, they're kids who think they're really meta and ironic by wearing hip-hop shirts and stuff and then are absolute assholes in pits. I'm not talking about just people running into you to get a pit started, I mean going out of their way to punch people that aren't moshing and stage diving during other bands sets.

Give me Trash Talk, but don't give me their fans.

MPF
05-28-2014, 03:35 PM
When the singer of of Trash Talk told a hipster chick at the Minnesota show to get the fuck out after bitching about being moshed into while being in the front row made me give the band the up most respect.

slapguitarer
05-28-2014, 05:58 PM
It's not surprising that everyone who's first experience with Trash Talk was the DEP show hated them - they aren't progressive in the slightest.

That said, all joking aside, I don't hate them. I think they are pretty entertaining live and make solid grind/hardcore/powerviolence.

Their fans are fucking asshole douchelords of the highest caliber, though. Like, they're kids who think they're really meta and ironic by wearing hip-hop shirts and stuff and then are absolute assholes in pits. I'm not talking about just people running into you to get a pit started, I mean going out of their way to punch people that aren't moshing and stage diving during other bands sets.

Give me Trash Talk, but don't give me their fans.

Yeah, unfortunately some of their crowd can be dicks but there are a few of those kind of people at every hardcore show you go to.

mankvill
05-28-2014, 06:21 PM
Yeah, unfortunately some of their crowd can be dicks but there are a few of those kind of people at every hardcore show you go to.

I would actively skip shows I was semi-interested in a few years ago because of the hardcore crowds it attracted. Shit.

christopher
05-28-2014, 06:23 PM
I've known about Trash Talk since 2007. Never payed too much attention until the last few years. I was mostly turned off by them cause all the scene kids worshiped them back then.

dcmetal108
05-28-2014, 10:08 PM
I would actively skip shows I was semi-interested in a few years ago because of the hardcore crowds it attracted. Shit.

Move to Chicago. We have some of the most sincere nicest loving hardcore crowd possible. No one gets hurt, people stop fights and everyone knows each other.

Example : I went to Bane by myself last night and within 5 minutes of standing outside had already been invited to join conversations with about 20 other people while other random people came by giving handshakes and hugs for coming to the show. At that point it stops being a show and becomes a community.

LogicBomb
05-29-2014, 12:09 PM
Move to Chicago. We have some of the most sincere nicest loving hardcore crowd possible. No one gets hurt, people stop fights and everyone knows each other.

Example : I went to Bane by myself last night and within 5 minutes of standing outside had already been invited to join conversations with about 20 other people while other random people came by giving handshakes and hugs for coming to the show. At that point it stops being a show and becomes a community.

Are you sure it's not just cause you've been going to hc shows awhile (I assume) and know people? People tend not to hatemosh their friends/people they know.

I say this cause I've been to hc shows all around NY and in other states, and my experience is closer to mankvill's. Like the music, don't care for the kids.

energymetal14
05-29-2014, 03:06 PM
Never saw the hype of this bsmd. Very mediocre hardcore to me. Think people love them cause they're the "cool band" with crazy live shows.

And I feel like hardcore has both ends of the spectrum. Some people are huge douches and violent and assholes and others are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. I've had experiences with both. Some shows I walk away feeling part of a great community while others I'm just annoyed at how meathead some hardcore/punk fans can be.

dcmetal108
05-29-2014, 09:11 PM
Are you sure it's not just cause you've been going to hc shows awhile (I assume) and know people? People tend not to hatemosh their friends/people they know.

I say this cause I've been to hc shows all around NY and in other states, and my experience is closer to mankvill's. Like the music, don't care for the kids.

I have been going for a couple years now so while I do know more people even when I first started people were extremely welcoming. Also hatemoshing only happens sometimes, crowd killing never happens anymore here because you will get your ass beat for doing that.

treghet
05-31-2014, 08:03 AM

http://sompreto.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/spongebob-squarepants-patrick%27s-house.png

treghet
05-31-2014, 08:08 AM

:hippie:

Ommie
05-31-2014, 09:38 AM

This post makes me feel super posi

dcmetal108
05-31-2014, 06:31 PM
:hippie:

This post makes me feel super posi

:D It was really cool to be at and typing that made me realize how super awesome the scenario was.