PDA

View Full Version : Behemoth detained in Russia

Someguy89
05-21-2014, 10:45 AM
From behemoth's facebook:

zostaliśmy zatrzymani przez służby imigracyjne pod pretekstem złych wiz. Kiedy powiedziałem, ze nie ruszymy sie z klubu bez obecności kogos z polskiej ambasady zagrozili ze wywiozą nas siła. Zabrali nas busem w towarzystwie ok 10 funkcjonariuszy do gmachu FMS (federal migration service). Próbowaliśmy sie dodzwonić do polskiej ambasady w ekaterinburgu ale nikt nie odbiera. Jeśli można prosze skopiować ta wiadomość i podzielić sie nia wszędzie gdzie sie da. Teraz czeka nas pewnie wielogodzinne przesłuchanie. Koncert sie na pewno nie odbędzie. Teraz juz tylko chcemy spokojnie wrócić do hotelu i w dalszej kolejności do Polski... Głowa tego muru nie rozbijemy. Pozdr. Nergal

Someone translated:
We've been stopped by the immigration services for 'wrong visas'. When I said that we will not move an inch from the club without someone from the polish embassy, they threatened to force us out. They took us in a bus, accompanied by 10 officers, to the building of Federal Migration Service. We tried to reach polish embassy in Jekaterinburg but no one is answering the phone. If possible - please copy this message and pass it everywhere you can. We may expect a multihour hearing. The concert is off for sure. The only thing we want is to get back to the hotel safely and then - to Poland. No matter how hard we try - we cannot pass it all. Regards. Nergal

Using bing or google translator, it says "We were detained by immigration services under the pretext of bad/evil" and not "wrong visas" so I don't know which one it is but oh well... This is fucking ridiculous.. I hope everything will be fine for them.

mankvill
05-21-2014, 11:08 AM
I'm not saying Behemoth shouldn't have done what they did, but I think RIGHT NOW, the last country on Earth you want to fuck with is Russia.

MetalIsArt
05-21-2014, 11:11 AM
Hopefully for good.

Derelict
05-21-2014, 11:15 AM
Having been to Russia twice, they don't fuck around with the visas. If you have the wrong one, or if you stay one minute past when you are supposed to leave, you are detained until you can get new visas (which can take weeks).

mankvill
05-21-2014, 11:25 AM
Hopefully for good.

2uQ76qrlK78

NUj6NQJG8iw

Derelict
05-21-2014, 11:33 AM
Blindly speculating, but if i had to guess, they or their management tried to save a couple bucks and they got tourist visas instead of work visas, and they got caught.

John The Drummer
05-21-2014, 02:04 PM
In Soviet Russia WE conquer YOU.

ravenheart
05-22-2014, 02:17 AM
They better be out by next week! I'm not watching Trivium and Skillet, goddamnit!

ravenheart
05-22-2014, 03:04 AM
They've now been released after paying a small fine, and are en route back to Poland.