PDA

View Full Version : Soundgarden "Superunknown" NYC gig...with a slight catch

PVH5150
05-12-2014, 11:35 AM
To celebrate 20 years of Superunknown, which to date has sold 9 million copies worldwide and is certified five times platinum by the RIAA in the US, Soundgarden is reissuing the album on June 3rd. The reissue editions include rare demos, rehearsal recordings, and more.

Citi has announced an exclusive Soundgarden concert, available only to Citi cardmembers, on June 2nd at Webster Hall in New York City. The show will celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Superunknown and marks the second time in their career the band has performed the album from beginning to end.

Tickets to this Soundgarden performance will cost $19.94 and be available for purchase only with a Citi credit or debit card beginning Wednesday, May 21st at 10 AM, EST. More information on how to purchase tickets can be found at this location.

AnthG
05-12-2014, 11:38 AM
I'm sure there will be a super tight limit on how many tickets one credit or debit card can purchase also. Otherwise a person with a Citi bank account can purchase tickets for all of his or her friends who are with another bank.

Natrlhi
05-12-2014, 11:44 AM
Shit. Wish I lived within driving distance of NYC.

Coma323
05-12-2014, 03:59 PM
Limit of 2. Can't say I've ever seen a show that's an exclusive like this to a certain card company. Haven't looked into details about how to get one, if I could easily sign up for a debit card it would be worth it but not sure of the hassle involved.

IrritatedTrout
05-12-2014, 07:54 PM
Would be a cool show to see but that's a really stupid ticketing system. :lol:

DisposableJustice
05-12-2014, 08:32 PM
Limit of 2. Can't say I've ever seen a show that's an exclusive like this to a certain card company. Haven't looked into details about how to get one, if I could easily sign up for a debit card it would be worth it but not sure of the hassle involved.

If I recall correctly when Metallica played in New York at the Apollo Theater, tickets were only open to Citi bank card members

Such a stupid system it's just a ploy to get more people to sign up with the bank and lock them their system

EDIT: never mind, only for SiruisXM subscribers

Derelict
05-13-2014, 05:13 AM
I hate the term sell out, but does it honestly get any worse than partnering with a bank?

AnthG
05-13-2014, 05:29 AM
Not sure. Everyone needs and uses a bank account.

Natrlhi
05-13-2014, 05:46 AM
I think the more relevant points are that (1) it's not like the band have sold themselves to a bank - it's one show, and (2) this has happened many times before. Exclusive events are not a new phenomenon - this one is just more obvious to the folks on this forum because it's a big grunge / metal band that's pretty universally liked on here.