PDA

View Full Version : So wow, the Gathering of the Juggalos......

Steev
05-12-2014, 05:38 AM
Biohazard
Cannibal Corpse
Cypress Hill
(Hed) PE
Wayne Static

Did not see that coming

detuned
05-12-2014, 06:08 AM
only one even remotely surprising is cannibal corpse

and not by much

Nater
05-12-2014, 06:22 AM
wat

Natrlhi
05-12-2014, 06:38 AM
Not nearly as bad as one might expect from this shitfest, but I'm sure as fuck not willing to dwell amongst juggalos in the summer heat in order to see any of these bands.

AnthG
05-12-2014, 06:50 AM
Yeah, they've been branching out a bit and grabbing more and more legit metal bands it seems. I know Fear Factory played one year, as did Soulfly (when they were well past their Numetal phase).

Although it still pains me that Tech N9ne insists on playing the Gathering every single year.

dcmetal108
05-12-2014, 06:59 AM
Yeah, they've been branching out a bit and grabbing more and more legit metal bands it seems. I know Fear Factory played one year, as did Soulfly (when they were well past their Numetal phase).

Although it still pains me that Tech N9ne insists on playing the Gathering every single year.

Yeah and CKY played their last ever show there. :(

But hoping this means maybe we can get a full Biohazard tour!

Derelict
05-12-2014, 07:03 AM

But hoping this means maybe we can get a full Biohazard tour!

My buddy was the guitar tech for cKy at the show...whole thing sounds like a shit show.

moobys37
05-12-2014, 07:22 AM

Aren't they in the studio?

detuned
05-12-2014, 07:37 AM
last CKY show with deron (at the time)

Miller (also of World Under Blood) was kicked out of the group back in early 2012 amid allegations of alcohol abuse and then replaced by Year Long Disaster frontman/guitarist Daniel Davies.

Meanwhile, Ginsburg and the bands drummer Jess Margera continued to play together with Margera‘s brother Bam in Fuckface Unstoppable until Ginsburg exited that group—having taken issue with the apparent substance abuse in the outfit.

The plot thickened this past July, when Miller had issued an ultimatum to his former bandmates to rejoin him in the group lest he continue on without them.
Given the convoluted mess and apparent ‘rival camps’ it is uncertain if Margera‘s (and bassist Matt “Matty J” Janaitis‘) omission from the photo is indicative of the groups lineup going forward or just a casualty of timing and location.

dcmetal108
05-12-2014, 08:08 AM
last CKY show with deron (at the time)

I don't think Jess would go back to CKY, Fuckface Unstoppable is touring full time (even though the band itself is a fucking horrible joke) and the paychecks for that are greater than CKY I imagine. Plus Jess is touring with his brother.

Ommie
05-12-2014, 08:32 AM
I guess it's never too late for CC to expand their fanbase...

John The Drummer
05-12-2014, 08:35 AM
Cannibal Corpse's next album should be based off of their experience playing this...

1. Killed By The Stench of Shit
2. Overdose On Brown Heroin
3. Redneck Trucker Castration
4. Swallowed Shit
5. Sat On
6. Keg Stand Gone Wrong

dcmetal108
05-12-2014, 08:40 AM
Cannibal Corpse's next album should be based off of their experience playing this...

1. Killed By The Stench of Shit
2. Overdose On Brown Heroin
3. Redneck Trucker Castration
4. Swallowed Shit
5. Sat On
6. Keg Stand Gone Wrong

7. Whoop Whoop Goes The Dumpster Baby
8. Drenched In The Brown Gravy Of Faygo

Steev
05-12-2014, 09:13 AM

Every year I see the lineup and go "well if it wasn't ICP that'd be fun", they usually get just about every 90's rapper and George Clinton

adamclark52
05-12-2014, 09:20 AM
7. Whoop Whoop Goes The Dumpster Baby
8. Drenched In The Brown Gravy Of Faygo

I'm sure their cover artist guy could make quite the frightening visual based off the average person that attends this.

MPF
05-12-2014, 10:01 AM
Cannibal Corpse is playing before Asking Alexandria on almost all of the Mayhem related shows this summer, how is any different in the level of suckage?

Steev
05-12-2014, 10:11 AM
Cannibal Corpse is playing before Asking Alexandria on almost all of the Mayhem related shows this summer, how is any different in the level of suckage?

Mayhem hasn't had any drug related deaths or "train rides"

moobys37
05-12-2014, 10:17 AM

Target audience. With Mayhem you're going to be surrounded by high-school "rebels" and with this you're surrounded by people that like Insane Clown Posse.

detuned
05-12-2014, 10:34 AM
i doubt the target audience is really all that different

MPF
05-12-2014, 11:12 AM

Exactly!

moobys37
05-12-2014, 12:42 PM

Eh, you'd be surprised actually. Mayhem Fest and it's related off-dates are heavily marketed towards the Hot Topic 15-19 age bracket and, for a lack of a better term,the everyman 30-45 age bracket who just wants to go drink beer with their friends while the bands play every year without caring too much about who it is. This crowd typically has disposable income but don't want to travel for either working or other life commitments. The Gathering, while there is undeniable overlap between Juggalos and people that like to go to Mayhem Fest, has to target an audience that not only has a much larger disposable income and/or less working commitments, but also will travel and stay either in a hotel or camp on the grounds proper. To this end, recently they've been broadening their lineup in areas other than metal (standup, wrestling, etc) to bring in a larger audience that isn't just the Juggalo audience that they already have locked down. Whether it's working or not I honestly don't know since I don't follow whether they sell out the festival every year, as somebody who works in PR/marketing the Gathering is a fascinating anomaly in the US Festival circuit as one of the few underground festivals that actually work.

AnthG
05-12-2014, 01:06 PM
I remember someone at Metalsucks went to a regular ICP concert (not a Juggalo Gathering - I'll find the link when i'm not at work) and I remember him noting that the "Juggalos" only comprised about 5-10% of the attendees.

EDIT: http://www.metalsucks.net/2011/05/06/vince-neilstein-went-to-an-insane-clown-posse-show-and-then-he-blogged-about-it/

So I was incorrect, sort of. Oh well.

dcmetal108
05-12-2014, 04:31 PM
Honestly I'd totally be down to see ICP live. Not a huge fan of the music or the die hard juggalos but the live show would be cool and ICP themselves are really cool smart dudes.

Dextrimental
05-12-2014, 04:46 PM
If I ever travel the states, I wanna see this thing once. While it's a trailer trash festival, it looks like one of those experiences that would just be fucking wacky and would leave you with at least a couple of funny stories. Plus there's an ICP record me and my brother used to sort of enjoy, so it'd be funny to see them for nostalgia.

elturtleboy
05-12-2014, 04:54 PM
Wow.....

XDoomsayerX
05-12-2014, 05:54 PM
Wow.....

My thoughts on this thread as well :eyes:

Honestly I'd totally be down to see ICP live. Not a huge fan of the music or the die hard juggalos but the live show would be cool and ICP themselves are really cool smart dudes.

Bro fuck no this song justt proves how dumb these guys are...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-agl0pOQfs

John The Drummer
05-12-2014, 06:04 PM

FUCKIN RAINBOWS, HOW DO THEY WORK!?

watch?v=vaeN0iEd5f8

kalfitegrdan
05-12-2014, 09:37 PM

The SNL parody (http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DvwBMucHJEY) of that song is pure gold.

DisposableJustice
05-12-2014, 10:17 PM
The psychology graduate in me wants to see this thing just for for the fun of it, although my faith in humanity mostly would be shaken by the 2nd day:hecho:

HackedUpForBBQ
05-12-2014, 10:50 PM
I'd go simply for the one-stop-shop availability of every drug underneath the sun. A buddy of mine has gone and he said people are literally walking around with signs that say what drugs they have/want; craziness! I'd love to be the guy who brings boxes of blunts to sell, you'd definitely make a killing

Steev
05-13-2014, 05:35 AM
So I decided to watch the whole video out of curiosity, aside from thinking I wish better festivals did something similar to promote I had these thoughts:
- there are a lot of awful white rappers
- almost every rapper now has a ballad sounding song, and it's bad
- Shock G from Digital Underground is interesting, but probably won't go well
- Cypress Hill should probably go back to doing their own festival
- the whole 4 bands they have look really out of place

dcmetal108
05-13-2014, 07:02 AM
I'd go simply for the one-stop-shop availability of every drug underneath the sun. A buddy of mine has gone and he said people are literally walking around with signs that say what drugs they have/want; craziness! I'd love to be the guy who brings boxes of blunts to sell, you'd definitely make a killing

Yeah usually at Gathering you can't get arrested for dealing. :lol:

Steev
05-13-2014, 11:26 AM
http://www.metalsucks.net/2014/05/13/sunn-o-immortal-converge-added-2014-gathering-juggalos/

I so wish that was real

John The Drummer
05-13-2014, 11:50 AM
http://www.metalsucks.net/2014/05/13/sunn-o-immortal-converge-added-2014-gathering-juggalos/

I so wish that was real

:lol:
I could seeConverge on this :finger:

dcmetal108
05-13-2014, 04:35 PM
So I decided to watch the whole video out of curiosity, aside from thinking I wish better festivals did something similar to promote I had these thoughts:
- there are a lot of awful white rappers
- almost every rapper now has a ballad sounding song, and it's bad
- Shock G from Digital Underground is interesting, but probably won't go well
- Cypress Hill should probably go back to doing their own festival
- the whole 4 bands they have look really out of place

I watched it too for fun.

Shocked at how many white guys with facepaint that sing and rap ballads that sound like they are stuck in the 90's

Steev
05-13-2014, 04:50 PM
I watched it too for fun.

Shocked at how many white guys with facepaint that sing and rap ballads that sound like they are stuck in the 90's

Yeah there was a bigger number than I anticipated

adamclark52
05-14-2014, 01:02 PM

I so wish that was real

I was just listening to good ol' Jose Mangden on Sirius XM and he seems to think it is.:tp:

John The Drummer
05-14-2014, 02:21 PM
I don't think Jess would go back to CKY, Fuckface Unstoppable is touring full time (even though the band itself is a fucking horrible joke) and the paychecks for that are greater than CKY I imagine. Plus Jess is touring with his brother.

You've got to be kidding! "Bend My Dick...." was just lyrical gold! Such poetry! So beautiful!

:lol:

Steev
05-14-2014, 06:49 PM
I was just listening to good ol' Jose Mangden on Sirius XM and he seems to think it is.:tp:

Yikes

treghet
05-16-2014, 03:58 AM
I can see the Cannibal Corpse pit now...

PSLS2bacFRk