PDA

View Full Version : Doug Aldrich leaves Whitesnake

PVH5150
05-10-2014, 10:29 AM
Guitarist Doug Aldrich has left Whitesnake and has issued the following statement:

"Thanks to my big bro David (Coverdale) for such a killer run together!! So many songs, tours, projects, always inspiring and pushing each other!

Mostly I was to thank the loyal WS Choir and fans around the world. You have been so amazing to me and it's been an honor to play for you with WS.

I love you guys and I'll see you all again. Thank you so very much for your unending support.

Also, not sure how or where the info started about a solo career but this is not true or correct information.

I have no plans at this time to go solo. I'm just not in the Whitesnake/David Coverdale band anymore.

I'll let you guys know what I'm doing ASAP but for now please know I very much appreciate your support and will hopefully do a statement with my brutal brother DC shortly.

Big love for the Aldrich clan."

This sucks. On par with John Sykes as the best sounding guitarist in Whitesnake's history. And now with Winger busy with a new album, it makes me wonder if Coverdale will call it a career now. Dude's pushing 65 and if he were to replace Aldrich with anyone else, I doubt it would sound as good.

John The Drummer
05-10-2014, 10:34 AM
LOL! I JUST mentioned Whitesnake to a friend of mine this morning. I bet when he walked out of their jam space "Here I Go Again" was playing....

snowdog2112
05-10-2014, 10:50 AM
Who?

Sanitarium78
05-10-2014, 12:02 PM
WildAndYoung must be heartbroken over this.

dcmetal108
05-10-2014, 12:59 PM

My thoughts exactly.

ravenheart
05-10-2014, 01:14 PM
Who?

I know Whitesnake are a joke and all now because of Coverdale, but people really should know who Doug Aldrich is.

ravenheart
05-10-2014, 01:15 PM
This sucks. On par with John Sykes as the best sounding guitarist in Whitesnake's history. And now with Winger busy with a new album, it makes me wonder if Coverdale will call it a career now. Dude's pushing 65 and if he were to replace Aldrich with anyone else, I doubt it would sound as good.

Given the crowds Vandenberg's MoonKings are pulling on their tour, I know someone who might become available...

TheWildAndTheYoung
05-10-2014, 01:55 PM

you are correct :(

I've never seen them live and really wanted to, mainly just to see him, but now not so much....

Bring back Steve Vai and John Sykes and do a farewell tour! (I know, not possible in a million years, but having both of them on stage would be more than epic).