PDA

View Full Version : Down Streaming New Album

imanidiot777
05-06-2014, 12:26 PM
New Down album streamed in it's entirety, posted on Facebook by Down.

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/stream-the-new-down-iv-part-ii-ep

I know many of you hate this band for whatever reason, but this album is bad ass.

HogsheadDogshead is an awesome song.

John The Drummer
05-06-2014, 01:19 PM
I thought the Purple EP was TERRIBLE (had its good moments, but overall was a huge let down). Down III (Over The Under?) was AMAZING from start to finish, though. Will give this a listen.

MPF
05-06-2014, 01:30 PM
Listening to the promo version of this and I dig it a lot, it feels a lot more concise than Purple which is a good thing.

imanidiot777
05-06-2014, 02:37 PM
I thought the Purple EP was TERRIBLE (had its good moments, but overall was a huge let down). Down III (Over The Under?) was AMAZING from start to finish, though. Will give this a listen.

I didn't mind Purple EP but it wasn't my favorite. I just liked the song Witchtripper. This part two EP is MUCH better.

dcmetal108
05-06-2014, 05:04 PM
Wait, who hates DOWN?

John The Drummer
05-06-2014, 05:10 PM
One track in and already miles better than the Purple EP

NickLed19
05-06-2014, 06:05 PM
Wait, who hates DOWN?

Stupid people.

imanidiot777
05-06-2014, 06:11 PM
Stupid people.

I second this.

But I have definitely not seen the love for Down on here... Maybe this thread will start it, lol

HugeRockStar
05-06-2014, 07:50 PM
I love everything Down has put out, and I think this may be the best thing they've done since Nola. Honest and heavy and they seem like they're having a great time now which they didn't always seem like. I was apprehensive with the new guitarist but him and the new bassist seemed to have breathed new life into them.

justinm4bama
05-06-2014, 07:51 PM
I like Down more than Pantera :D

kalfitegrdan
05-06-2014, 10:40 PM

Me too, but that's really not saying much. :tongue:

I can't really see myself thinking anything more than just alright though. I'll give the new EP a listen though. The purple one was pretty good.

HackedUpForBBQ
05-06-2014, 11:01 PM

Thank you

NickLed19
05-07-2014, 01:58 AM
NOLA is better than any Pantera album, I will say that for sure.

AnthG
05-07-2014, 06:09 PM
After one listen this EP is sort of "eh", which is a shame since I really like the Purple EP. A few more listens will probably get me into it more but yeah.

jhdeity
05-09-2014, 08:27 AM
I like Down and loved the new song they leaked live before this. I also really like Nola but to say it's better than Vulgar Display of Power or The Great Southern Trendkill is jaw dropping to me. To each his own though...

I will say Trendkill took a looooooong to grow on me but songs like 10's and Floods are some of my favorite songs of all time now. The riffs and emotion on that cd are mind blowing to me but like I said it takes a few spins.

Suicide Note part 1 (over PA) busting into Suicide Note part 2 live is still the best concert opener I've ever seen and ever will see most likely...

HandOfDoom
05-09-2014, 10:18 AM
I like Down and loved the new song they leaked live before this. I also really like Nola but to say it's better than Vulgar Display of Power or The Great Southern Trendkill is jaw dropping to me. To each his own though...

I will say Trendkill took a looooooong to grow on me but songs like 10's and Floods are some of my favorite songs of all time now. The riffs and emotion on that cd are mind blowing to me but like I said it takes a few spins.

Suicide Note part 1 (over PA) busting into Suicide Note part 2 live is still the best concert opener I've ever seen and ever will see most likely...

I prefer Over The Under to any Pantera record, thats just me though, loving the new Down. As much as hate to say, I think Kirk leaving was a good move for the band, the riffs are sounding pretty fresh.

John The Drummer
05-09-2014, 02:39 PM
You're all crazy, nothing is better than Pantera's first four albums... anyone who disagrees is a poseur.

imanidiot777
05-11-2014, 04:48 PM
You're all crazy, nothing is better than Pantera's first four albums... anyone who disagrees is a poseur.

I think that NOLA is on par with the best of Pantera, but I will not say better. They are two of my favorite bands regardless.

adamclark52
05-11-2014, 05:03 PM
I was listening to a Far Beyond Driven retrospective last month and I'd forgotten how awesome that album was. The problem I have with Down is their albums have songs I really like...and songs I really don't like. Far Beyond Driven is just great song after great song after great song.

Therefore I'm in the Pantera over Down camp.