PDA

View Full Version : Warbringer's revolving door continues

anomynous
05-01-2014, 01:39 PM
John Laux & Carlos Cruz are both gone (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152059348907006&set=a.385369647005.164376.34913752005&type=1&comment_id=10152067447277006&offset=0&total_comments=22)

Jeff Potts also left after recording Warbringer IV, so that means 3/5 of the band that recorded their album that came out in October are already gone :hmm::hmm: :lol:

mankvill
05-01-2014, 02:29 PM
Sucks. :(

Hopefully they can get some really awesome members in and improve even more.

anomynous
05-01-2014, 02:39 PM
That dude on here who hates Carlos Cruz's drumming should be happy though

Onioner
05-01-2014, 03:09 PM
No more John Laux?!

I guess that makes Adam Carroll and John Kevill the only remaining original members. Is Adam even officially back in the band yet?

anomynous
05-01-2014, 03:21 PM
I think so, but since he goes in & out of the band that makes it basically the John Kevill Experience.

I wonder what they'll sound like for the next album, since Laux wrote most of their material.

Spiner202
05-01-2014, 08:19 PM
I think so, but since he goes in & out of the band that makes it basically the John Kevill Experience.

I wonder what they'll sound like for the next album, since Laux wrote most of their material.

I thought Cruz was the reason for their recent sound change?

Even though I loved the last Warbringer record, I'm really starting to get worried now.

sfhui
05-02-2014, 11:37 AM
This was going to happen eventually. Retro-thrash scene is dead, people.

MPF
05-02-2014, 01:17 PM

:lol: good one

Nater
05-02-2014, 08:17 PM

As long as Vektor is still around then the rest can fade

mankvill
05-02-2014, 09:41 PM

>Vektor
>retro-thrash

GarageMetal468
05-02-2014, 10:35 PM
Yep. Doom has taken over and it's not much better.

Truth. Them, Deathhammer, and Noisem are the only newer thrash bands that are relevant in my opinion.

treghet
05-03-2014, 03:08 AM
>Vektor
>retro-thrash

The fact that they're actually good doesn't mean they're not retro-thrash.

treghet
05-03-2014, 03:12 AM
Yep. Doom has taken over and it's not much better.

Any comeback of a genre is going to be mostly garbage. There are a fair amount of newer black and death metal bands I enjoy, but even those are few and far between when you consider the massive amount of substandard ones out there. What metal really needs is something innovative, not rip offs of the past.

anomynous
05-03-2014, 09:15 AM
The fact that they're actually good doesn't mean they're not retro-thrash.

The only "OG thrash" they sound similar to is Toxik, and barely.

treghet
05-05-2014, 02:54 AM
The only "OG thrash" they sound similar to is Toxik, and barely.

Listen to some old Obliveon and Voivod.

Onioner
05-10-2014, 05:22 PM
Here's the lineup changes explained by John Kevill:

So guys, all our fans and supporters, Kevill here up way too late drinkin', there's some bad news and as our awesome fans you guys deserve to know. I don't feel right about our prolonged silence on this issue and I think it's time we clear things up.

Drummer for the 3rd and 4th records Carlos Cruz and founding guitarist John Laux have left the band. This is a huge and devastating blow to us, and it makes even my own self doubt our future. Carlos made great contributions on the last two records, and John Laux started the band with me, we wrote our first songs together.

The more astute listeners have noticed this, as our last tour we did not have either of them on board. As for the why's, I don't entirely understand it myself, so I can't provide a decent explanation here. I really wish I understood more than I do.

Still remaining is myself, founding member Adam Carroll (he's back) and bassist of the fourth record Ben Mottsman.

This is why you haven't heard much from us lately, why the nonstop touring machine has grinded to a halt, and why any updates here are more about the past than they are of the future.

Honestly I have my own doubts on if we can continue, or if it will be right if we do. At the same time, I started this band out of high school, it is my first and only band, and everything I feel I've accomplished in life that I can really be proud of is tied to this in one way or another. I have plenty of ideas left, and Adam has a million sweet riffs, and to be honest I never wanted this to be over, I wanted to tour straight through the fourth album and go onto the fifth. I felt like this band has evolved on every album, developed its own brand of ripping thrash metal, and I only wanted to continue that further.

So I need to ask all you guys, what do you think of this? In light of all I just said, do you want to hear another Warbringer record, or come see us again?

Basically, are you guys still with us?

At any rate, if you listen to any of the music we have made, remember to play it loud. Whatever the outcome may be, keep rocking.
-Kevill

Frankly, I think they should move forward. Kevill's always been the driving force behind them live and there's a bajillion talented thrash drummers in SoCal that could replace Carlos. What could be really cool is if they got Jeff Potts back to replace Laux. Thoughts people?

anomynous
05-10-2014, 05:30 PM
I think the issue with Potts was he couldn't tour

MPF
05-10-2014, 08:24 PM
They should keep going it'd be a shame to see them end on a low note.

anomynous
05-12-2014, 10:40 AM
Just remembered the fourth album was "Warbringer IV: Empires Collapse"

Heh