PDA

View Full Version : Dave Mustaine about Youthanasia 20th Year Anniversary Tour

Piroxen
04-26-2014, 01:33 AM
That's what he posted on his official facebook account:

Droogies,

For those of you that were unable to attend or to hear, see, or read any of the answers from our first press conference in Latin America, I have something to share with you.

October 31, 1994 is the official release date of Youthanasia. The rumor that we are doing a 20th anniversary concert is a dreadful situation and as soon as I found out that this tour was presented to you, the fans - the brilliant Megadeth fans around the world that know how to read a calendar and know it ain't 20 years until 20 years have gone by - as the 20th Anniversary of Youthanasia, I told all of the interviews I did leading up to our arrival, that it was a terrible mistake and we have parted ways with the persons responsible.

Now I know that doesn't help that you have been told one thing and we are telling you another, but you know me and you know Megadeth: we are going to make this right. We scrambled to get all four of us, who live very far apart (Shawn lives in Georgia), and we chose four songs to play for you until the real anniversary comes after October 31st. [NOTE: We specifically released Youthanasia on Halloween, and I may have slept in late today, but it ain't Halloween yet.]

Besides having to get everyone in the same place, we also had to develop the live production and the video content that goes along with it. So, to make a long story boring...we started with "A Tout Le Monde" in Las Vegas, added "Reckoning Day" in Tucson, and added "Youthanasia" to Quito.

Depending on how long our stage time in Santiago is will determine our set list. You can count on if it is 75 minutes (which I think it is), we will make sure to play as much of the Youthanasia songs as we can. Rest assured that we are aware of the rumor, we took action, and that whatever songs we play, that we will play our very best for you.

Please don't take this out on the promoters down here. We have explained this to them, and they have been very understanding, although I know we are all disappointed that this rumor even started, and it being too late to fix all the ads, I promise to give you all the best Megadeth show to date this tour.

Love and bruises,

Dave Mustaine

Pretty good news, huh? :party:

Sanitarium78
04-26-2014, 06:58 AM
I hope when I see them in july Black Curtains will be added to the set.

El Gordo
04-26-2014, 07:28 AM
I hope when I see them in july Black Curtains will be added to the set.

That would be cool. Any of the deeper cuts from Youthanasia would be awesome though. My personal choice would be Elysian Fields, but any of them would be good... Addicted to Chaos, The Killing Road, Family Tree... seriously any of them. While you're at it, forget how to play A tout le monde -- worst song on the album.

Actually just listening to songs now... I forgot how much I absolutely just loved the fuck out of that album when I was 15 or so. I still remember 95% of the lyrics and I haven't listened to it in years probably.

DisposableJustice
04-26-2014, 08:39 AM
Leave it to Dave to be picky about when 20 years is 20 years

of course in 2010 they started 20 years a little early with the Rust in Peace tour since the album itself wasn't released until September of 1990

Oh Dave you silly goose

However, once November shows up, won't we fans have a legit gripe for them to do the full album?

smearCampaign
04-26-2014, 09:34 AM
Pssssshhhht.... Youthanasia?! If he were smart they should've never released Super Collider and done a So Far, So Good... So What! 25th Anniversary Tour last year instead.

PS: A Tout Le Monde is a beer/piss break song at best and I never need to hear it again.

ravenheart
04-26-2014, 10:02 AM
It's good news (although I think from the last couple of setlists we'd all already pieced it together) so long as they keep doing it beyond the South American tour.

mankvill
04-26-2014, 10:21 AM
people getting this stoked on Youthanasia? whaddafuck

ravenheart
04-26-2014, 10:26 AM

Why wouldn't they? It's a great album and barely any of it gets played.

JRA
04-26-2014, 10:31 AM
Seriously, Youthanasia = the jam.

Victory as 1st encore or GTFO

mankvill
04-26-2014, 10:31 AM
Why wouldn't they? It's a great album and barely any of it gets played.

Let's get some Peace Sells in its entirety first >:I

DisposableJustice
04-26-2014, 10:47 AM

ya good luck with that

El Gordo
04-26-2014, 11:01 AM

That'd be great. Honestly though, Youthanasia is the third best Megadave album, so that would be cool too.

ravenheart
04-26-2014, 11:19 AM

Yeah right, and let's see him reunite with Metallica too :tp:

mankvill
04-26-2014, 11:38 AM
Yeah right, and let's see him reunite with Metallica too :tp:

...................well he did play with them in san fran

JRA
04-26-2014, 12:03 PM
Dave really needs to stop being such an idiot on The Conjuring. If someone is going to want to do a Seance they're gonna just look up instructions online or look up the lyrics in the booklet. Even if such a preposterous thing like someone getting inspired to do a seance from going to a Megadeth show, it's not like Dave is the most intelligible lyricist live to begin with.

Piroxen
04-26-2014, 12:18 PM
Victory as 1st encore or GTFO

So fucking THIS, my friend! :horns:

300%_Density
04-26-2014, 12:23 PM
A Tout Le Monde. Sweet. I hope he does this. They obviously haven't played this crap enough the last few years.

I don't like Youthanasia but atleast it's something different.

Sanitarium78
04-26-2014, 12:24 PM
it's not like Dave is the most intelligible lyricist live to begin with.

You know, for as many times as i've heard The Conjuring through the years, I still don't think I know all the lyrics to it. To say that Dave had problems sounding out his words, especially on the first three or four Megadeth albums is an understatement.

Youthanasia is a very good album, I understand why it may not be for some people especially if you prefer the old sound. Overall, it's a very good commercial metal album. I think CTE and Youthanasia proved that Megadeth could write polished mainstream sounding metal better than Metallica could. I still remember when the album came out and the fans I knew at the time all loved Youthanasia. Train Of Consequences and I Thought I Knew It All are the only songs I never cared much for but I won't skip those tracks if they're playing. I've actually come to like TOC more over the years. Grunge was in full swing and at it's height of popularity when this album came out and it still managed to go platinum without much mainstream support. I think that speaks well for the album.

anomynous
04-26-2014, 12:37 PM
TIL People actually like Youthanasia.

I've always liked it more than CtE

MetalIsArt
04-26-2014, 12:47 PM

Nobody's buying that.

ravenheart
04-26-2014, 01:02 PM
...................well he did play with them in san fran

Hammett out, Mustaine in. You heard it here first.

mankvill
04-26-2014, 01:22 PM
Hammett out, Mustaine in. You heard it here first.

And in Exodus, Gary Holt out, Kirk Hammett in.

gangrene
04-26-2014, 02:36 PM

this.
people went crazy regarding risk being too soft, but this album was already mellow first. people just dig it though anyway because it's from when they first discovered the band, i suppose. #soundtracktotheiryouth

JRA
04-26-2014, 03:05 PM
It wasn't that Risk was too soft, it was that Risk sucked hairy diaper shit with a googly straw.

ravenheart
04-26-2014, 03:08 PM
this.
people went crazy regarding risk being too soft, but this album was already mellow first. people just dig it though anyway because it's from when they first discovered the band, i suppose. #soundtracktotheiryouth

Nope.

OraclesofAgony
04-26-2014, 03:09 PM

It will never happen. But that would be pretty much the only thing that would entice me to see Megadeth live again.

El Gordo
04-26-2014, 03:59 PM
Nope.

+1

Also, what JRA said.

IrritatedTrout
04-26-2014, 07:23 PM
I love Youth, I really hope they do a full tour for it this fall. It might actually be my 3rd favorite Megadeth album, ahead of Peace Sells.

Wrecking Crew
04-28-2014, 08:37 AM
of course in 2010 they started 20 years a little early with the Rust in Peace tour since the album itself wasn't released until September of 1990

To be a picky nerd, it was October of 1990 that Rust In Peace came out. I remember it came out the same day as Maiden's No Prayer for the Dying. I could only afford one CD that day and I picked Rust in Peace, which turned out to be the right choice. :rocker:

Back to the topic, I really soured on Megadeth after CtE but over the years I have heard many of the songs on Youthanasia and liked them. I would probably go see this tour if it came to Boise, both recent Megadeth anniversary tours came here so hopefully Youthanasia will too.

MetalIsArt
04-28-2014, 08:56 AM
It wasn't that Risk was too soft, it was that Risk sucked hairy diaper shit with a googly straw.

He once said that he still stands behind that album, but it shouldn't have been released under the Megadeth-name.

:eyes: