PDA

View Full Version : New In Flames album entitled Siren Charms due in September

Travis The Dragon
04-14-2014, 04:21 PM
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/in-flames-to-release-siren-charms-in-september/

If you go to their site (http://inflames.com/#), hit the play button, and wait for the intro to load, a short audio clip plays. It sounds pretty good to me. I can't wait to hear more!

MPF
04-14-2014, 04:36 PM
Not enough to go on to form any real opinion, but I've yet to hate any In Flames album so I'll probably dig this too.

snowdog2112
04-14-2014, 07:28 PM
Shit September is a long ways away

AnthG
04-15-2014, 07:29 AM
Ehh, the last couple didn't really do anything for me. Even Come Clarity I didn't love.

Travis The Dragon
04-25-2014, 02:25 PM
Here is the track listing:

01. In Plain View
02. Everything’s Gone
03. Paralyzed
04. Through Oblivion
05. With Eyes Wide Open
06. Siren Charms
07. When The World Explodes
08. Rusted Nail
09. Dead Eyes
10. Monsters In The Ballroom
11. Filtered Truth

Rusted Nail will be released as a single on June 13th.

SOURCE (http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/in-flames-siren-charms-track-listing-revealed-rusted-nail-single-due-in-june/)

Piroxen
04-26-2014, 01:35 AM
IF are getting worse and worse. Those shit titles are nauseating :eyes:. Where are the old, epic titles like Artifacts of Black Rain, Moonshield, Jester Script Transfigured or even Bullet Ride? Their songwriting sucks badly, and I foretell that this album will suck too.

snowdog2112
06-08-2014, 08:11 AM
Rusted Nail https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fzDBdiK5UhQ#t=54

AnataFan4Life
06-08-2014, 08:37 AM
Bland, plodding, and unimaginative, just like I expected

Travis The Dragon
06-08-2014, 10:54 AM
A pretty good song overall. I love the big, powerful chorus! IF has never done anything like that. The dark, creepy verses are pretty cool too. However, I am hearing some of the most unoriginal guitar parts in there that IF has ever had. The guitar riff at 2:05 sounds exactly like something on the last album. I am glad that this has a lot of Anders singing though and hope it's on a lot of the album like they did on their last one.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
06-08-2014, 12:37 PM
I am glad that this has a lot of Anders singing though and hope it's on a lot of the album like they did on their last one.

See, I thought there was too much singing on the track. It's not bad, but I wish they'd do something a bit heavier.

MPF
06-08-2014, 12:55 PM
Everyone seems to forget that In flames has been heading in this direction since Reroute To Remain, This track is nothing surprising if you have heard them since RTR.

The song isn't bad but another thing EVERYONE keeps forgetting is that THIS IS THE SINGLE! Singles are rarely the best song on an album, nor a real representation of an album, and if it is, 9 times out of 10, that album usually sucks.

I'm not defending In Flames, but at the same time it's what they wanna make, if they want to make catchier more Rock style songs, more power to them. I'd rather have that than a half assed or quarter assed Clayman or Whoracle with no feeling or passion behind it.

zerkz
06-08-2014, 02:45 PM
Everyone seems to forget that In flames has been heading in this direction since Reroute To Remain, This track is nothing surprising if you have heard them since RTR.

The song isn't bad but another thing EVERYONE keeps forgetting is that THIS IS THE SINGLE! Singles are rarely the best song on an album, nor a real representation of an album, and if it is, 9 times out of 10, that album usually sucks.

I'm not defending In Flames, but at the same time it's what they wanna make, if they want to make catchier more Rock style songs, more power to them. I'd rather have that than a half assed or quarter assed Clayman or Whoracle with no feeling or passion behind it.

I can see your point. I couldn't help but cringe at the latest single. Come Clarity had a good bit of aggression, and there were a few good songs on the last two albums (March to the Shore, A New Dawn). Anders' vocals have changed a ton here though, counting from the single. This is probably gonna be their next "Reroute To Remain" switchup.

AnthG
06-08-2014, 03:42 PM
This song isn't good.

mattlion
06-08-2014, 07:29 PM
Sounds like a Swedish FFDP. No, that's not good.

Travis The Dragon
06-12-2014, 11:21 AM
Through Oblivion (http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/in-flames-new-song-through-oblivion-available-for-streaming/)

Hmmmmmm, it's different. I kind of like the chorus. I think I'll have to give it a few more listens. Hopefully more songs don't have the style of singing that's in the verses. That will get real old fast.

snowdog2112
06-12-2014, 11:50 AM
Through Oblivion (http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/in-flames-new-song-through-oblivion-available-for-streaming/)

Hmmmmmm, it's different. I kind of like the chorus. I think I'll have to give it a few more listens. Hopefully more songs don't have the style of singing that's in the verses. That will get real old fast.
Descent song nothing to special Mellow Metal :D

moobys37
06-12-2014, 01:07 PM

Problem is every In Flames record since Soundtrack the singles HAVE been the best songs on the record. Nobody's surprised but Katatonia went in a more mainstream route and didn't manage to sound like complete shit.

Quite possibly the worst In Flames song yet.

AnthG
06-12-2014, 01:26 PM

Doesn't mean we have to be accepting when they release shitty songs, just because they're in a similar style. I really like RTR and Soundtrack to Your Escape, and Come Clarity has a few good moments. But the new songs we've heard so far as well as the previous two albums have just been boring, lifeless, and uninspired. I know those are the most cliche adjectives anyone can use right now, but they're the ones that describe them the best. There's just something really "empty" about their music these days.

Travis The Dragon
06-13-2014, 12:37 PM
I actually think the last 2 albums has been their best work yet. Also, after a few listens, I'm really liking Through Oblivion. I do hope the next song they give us is a real ass kicker though.

AnthG
06-13-2014, 01:04 PM
I actually think the last 2 albums has been their best work yet.

You be trolling.

AnataFan4Life
06-13-2014, 01:37 PM
This song is fucking shit.

MPF
06-13-2014, 10:02 PM

This doesn't help.

mastodon421
06-14-2014, 02:44 PM

I'm going to pretend I didn't see this...

Travis The Dragon
08-17-2014, 02:00 PM
Everything's Gone (http://www.myfreemp3.cc/music/In+Flames+everything's+gone)

Some pretty kick ass stuff here!

MPF
08-17-2014, 02:18 PM
Everything's Gone (http://www.myfreemp3.cc/music/In+Flames+everything's+gone)

Some pretty kick ass stuff here!

Damn this takes me back to the early days of illegal downloading with the sound quality.

adamclark52
08-17-2014, 02:19 PM
I don't mind the new In Flames music. I just don't like that it's In Flames. If it was some band called Bora-Bora and the Undying Twinkle-Light or some other unknown band I wouldn't care. But the fact that it's In Flames makes me loath it.

Maideneer
08-18-2014, 06:54 AM
I'm not even old school at this point, I'm ancient school. I must be the last one on earth who keeps to the principle of not hearing any songs until album release date.

I've found that when I listen to singles it's not the same as when I have a chance to hear it in context of a full record.

So I'm reading thousands of comments destroying them for these songs and I can't relate to any of it because I haven't heard a note. Same goes for Opeth.

AnthG
08-18-2014, 07:36 AM
But releasing singles or songs from an album before it's released is hardly a new thing. Even if it wasn't for youtube or leaking or anything, They'd still be sending stuff to radio or MTV (when people cared about that).

That being said, don't listen to the new songs. You're not missing much.

Heiden
08-18-2014, 02:22 PM
I don't call very many bands sell-outs, but In Flames are far and away the biggest sellouts in metal I have ever seen.

Piroxen
08-19-2014, 05:19 AM
^That's right. That song is shit. They should be ashamed of playing it live, although I think they will show it on stage. What a piece of shit.

Btw, Anders can't sing and his voice is getting worse and worse since Clayman. He can't even scream now.

MetalIsArt
08-19-2014, 05:42 AM
This band has betrayed methul.

Maideneer
08-19-2014, 06:04 AM
I don't call very many bands sell-outs, but In Flames are far and away the biggest sellouts in metal I have ever seen.

You were never a Goo Goo Dolls fans huh?

/R6aNlHvKjkY

/fHyP7SPENTM

/Jcxrvt9fUmw

MetalIsArt
08-19-2014, 11:41 PM
I don't get it.