PDA

View Full Version : NHL 2013-14 Stanley Cup Playoffs

DisposableJustice
04-14-2014, 12:03 AM
For the hardcore and causal hockey fans, the playoffs are here

I will say I am pumped for my Avs went from worst to first in one season, capturing the central division title on the last day (thanks in part to the Blues falling apart). I don't think the Avs will reach the Stanley Cup Finals but I think they will advance to the next round

My 1st round picks:

Eastern Conference

Boston over Detroit in 5

Montreal over Tampa Bay in 6

Pittsburgh over Columbus in 6

Philadelphia over New York in 7

Western Conference

Colorado over Minnesota in 6

Chicago over St. Louis in 7

Anaheim over Dallas in 4

San Jose over Los Angeles in 7

El Gordo
04-14-2014, 08:25 AM
Really looking forward to watching my Hawks face the Blues in the first round! Should be a great series! I'm good with most of your predictions but I think Detroit takes Boston to 7 before losing. I also think Tampa will beat Montreal, and that LA will pull a win out over San Jose.

mankvill
04-14-2014, 09:04 AM
NUKE MICHIGAN FROM FUCKING ORBIT

AnthG
04-14-2014, 11:07 AM
I've barely followed hockey the last couple of years but fuck the Habs, even if they're the only Canadian team in the playoffs. If they lose I'm a happy camper.

DisposableJustice
04-15-2014, 11:16 AM
Really looking forward to watching my Hawks face the Blues in the first round! Should be a great series! I'm good with most of your predictions but I think Detroit takes Boston to 7 before losing. I also think Tampa will beat Montreal, and that LA will pull a win out over San Jose.

By all means I am not a hardcore hockey fan I wasn't really thinking I would be paying attention this year since the Avs were so horrible last year and I thought there would be growing pains, so my picks are really shots in the dark the only pick I am confident in is the Avs advancing to the second round

El Gordo
04-15-2014, 03:37 PM
By all means I am not a hardcore hockey fan I wasn't really thinking I would be paying attention this year since the Avs were so horrible last year and I thought there would be growing pains, so my picks are really shots in the dark the only pick I am confident in is the Avs advancing to the second round

I like the Avs to beat Minny, but anything could happen with them. They're such a young, inexperienced team who rely so heavily on their goalie... who knows? They're fun to watch though.

DisposableJustice
04-15-2014, 09:18 PM
I like the Avs to beat Minny, but anything could happen with them. They're such a young, inexperienced team who rely so heavily on their goalie... who knows? They're fun to watch though.

Patrick Roy has to be the most entertaining coach in the NHL; his first game he pushes the glass into the opposing coach; he is always speaking his mind along with cuss words on his weekly radio show appearance.....it is too soon to say this but him and Joe Sakic in the front office could be akin to John Elway coming back to help run the Broncos and he turns them around into Super Bowl contenders just 3 years into the job, one must wonder if Roy/Sakic can do the same

PowerMaiden
04-16-2014, 09:17 AM
Wild in 6 (surprise no 1)
Blues in 6 (surprise no2)
Ducks in 5
Kings in 7

Bruins in 6
Canadiens in 6 damnit
Blue Jackets in 7 (surprise no 3, Fleury will make a fool of himself again)
Rangers in 6

should be good again this year, go Bruins Go !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

El Gordo
04-17-2014, 09:56 AM
Patrick Roy has to be the most entertaining coach in the NHL; his first game he pushes the glass into the opposing coach; he is always speaking his mind along with cuss words on his weekly radio show appearance.....it is too soon to say this but him and Joe Sakic in the front office could be akin to John Elway coming back to help run the Broncos and he turns them around into Super Bowl contenders just 3 years into the job, one must wonder if Roy/Sakic can do the same

I absolutely love Roy as a coach -- especially for Colorado. I hope the shtick doesn't wear thin too quickly though.

El Gordo
04-17-2014, 09:57 AM
Wild in 6 (surprise no 1)
Blues in 6 (surprise no2)
Ducks in 5
Kings in 7

Bruins in 6
Canadiens in 6 damnit
Blue Jackets in 7 (surprise no 3, Fleury will make a fool of himself again)
Rangers in 6

should be good again this year, go Bruins Go !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

I would LOVE this.

Also, I don't think St. Louis beating Chicago would be much of a surprise. I haven't looked at the odds, but I've got to figure the two teams are pretty even, in fact from what I've seen more people are picking the Blues to win.

PowerMaiden
04-17-2014, 10:18 AM
I would LOVE this.

Jackets shouldn't have left yesterday's game slip away from them, they were leading 3-1 at one point. too bad ..

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

DisposableJustice
04-17-2014, 09:02 PM
Yes the Avs pull off a tight one in OT:party:

and that Blues/Hawks game, damn 3 OT.....I feel like this will be a long physical series and not just going 7 games

DisposableJustice
04-19-2014, 08:45 PM
Another Avs win, another hawks/blues game goes to OT and the blues win

DisposableJustice
04-19-2014, 09:47 PM
Also Congrats to the Blue Jackets for their first ever playoff win in their history

El Gordo
04-20-2014, 03:56 AM
Not feeling good about the Hawks right now. They let both those games get away from them, and game 2 in particular was a nasty, cheap-shot filled affair -- mostly from the Hawks' side, which isn't their game. Speed and skill is how the Hawks beat you, but we haven't seen a lot of that yet. I can only hope that the series moving back to Chicago will change things.

El Gordo
04-25-2014, 08:02 PM
Things change in a week, I guess! Epic win tonight... this is one hell of a series.

DisposableJustice
04-25-2014, 08:07 PM
I still think my Avs will win in 6 but they got to get their offense in gear, our goalie has been working his butt off the past 2 games in Minnesota and gotten no support from the offesne:flame:

El Gordo
04-26-2014, 07:39 AM
I still think my Avs will win in 6 but they got to get their offense in gear, our goalie has been working his butt off the past 2 games in Minnesota and gotten no support from the offesne:flame:

Yup. Must win for the Avs tonight. As an Avs fan, you've got to be excited about the future of the team though, regardless of what happens this year. MacKinnon is the real deal. Landy, O'Reilly, Duchene... fuck, very few teams (if any) can boast the kind of young firepower Colorado has. In fact, they remind me A LOT of the Hawks of 2008-09 when Toews, Kane, Versteeg, Bolland, Ladd, etc. all were coming into their own. They lost in the Conference Final that year, but we all know what happened a year later. I think there are big things in the Avs' future.

PowerMaiden
04-26-2014, 02:10 PM
Go Bruins Go !!

:party:

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

DisposableJustice
04-26-2014, 09:22 PM
Goddamn another pull the goalie/score in the final minutes to force OT, win in OT...giving me heartburn here Avs:eek:

es156
04-27-2014, 07:09 AM
Refs absolutely gift wrapped that game for the Avalanches. It is sad that the NHL can't seem to ever find any quality officials. The Wild player going down the boards for the empty net opportunity was definitely interfered with and the break the other way for the game-tying goal was obviously offsides. I don't care about either team, but come on. There is so much at stake.

Although it is still fun to hate Patrick Roy. ;)

es156
04-27-2014, 07:12 AM
Go Bruins Go !!

:party:

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Bruins/Canadians should be a great series. Just what you were looking for, right?

El Gordo
04-27-2014, 03:55 PM
HUGE game by the Blackhawks. Brutal second period led to a dominating third. Bring on the Avs/Wild!

PowerMaiden
04-27-2014, 04:30 PM
Bruins/Canadians should be a great series. Just what you were looking for, right?

nooooooooooo, Canadiens always gives us a hard time no matter what kind of team they have. I hate them

but yeah, should be very nerve wracking

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

DisposableJustice
04-28-2014, 09:07 PM
well shit, the wild did what they needed to do; thinking about it the Avs have been really lucky to be at 7 games in this series, the only true game they controlled and won was game 2; the other victories have been very lucky with pulling the goalie with lots of time left and forcing overtime

I think the Avs can pull off the game 7 win and move on, but I don't see much of a chance against Chicago unless they change their style of play and attack all 3 periods instead of playing prevent defense at the end (and end up not really preventing anything)

DisposableJustice
04-30-2014, 08:54 PM
Well.....of course I am disappointed tonight; the Avs had the game in their hands and let the Wild back in and in turn Minnesota got the win...but overall considering how bad the Avs were supposed to be at the start of the season, they blew away exceptions; the team needs some work, the position of goalie really needs to be looked at, but I see a bright future for the Avs for many years to come

and Hey, at least they didn't give up a 3-0 series lead and lose in 7, unlike some times; I don't envy the San Jose fans right now....

Anyway, 2nd round picks

East:

Penguins over Rangers in 6
Bruins over Canadians in 7

West:

Ducks over Kings in 7
Blackhawks over Wild in 6

El Gordo
05-01-2014, 01:16 AM
I'm surprised Colorado didn't beat Minny, and a little disappointed because I wanted to see Chicago play them, but the Avs exceeded expectations greatly. I don't think ANYONE picked them to win the Central at the start of the season. I'm also disappointed Philly didn't beat NYR as I wanted to see another Philly-Pittsburgh circus. San Jose losing four straight to LA is just pathetic. SJ has been accused of being playoff chokers for the last decade. It's time to blow it up.

As for the 2nd round:

Boston - Montreal: Should be a GREAT series. Boston will win, but it won't be a cakewalk. BOS in 7.

Pittsburgh - New York: Probably the series I'm least interested in. I'd love to see NY take this one, so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say NYR in 6.

Chicago - Minnesota: If it's anything like last year, Chicago will dominate. I'm not so sure it'll be that easy though. CHI in 7.

Anaheim - Los Angeles: This is sure to be a good one, the hatred is strong between these two! LA in 6.

PowerMaiden
05-01-2014, 11:28 AM
Bruins in 5 (unless the ghosts of the Habs can again be a factor in this series I don't how Montreal can win more than a game)
Rangers in 6 (no confidence in Fleury at all)
Ducks in 7 (even with the amazing comeback of the Kings I think it's finally the Ducks turn to go far)
Wild in 7 (I don't know.. gut feeling.. they have a good team & I'm tired of the Hawks)

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

El Gordo
05-01-2014, 03:32 PM
Bruins in 5 (unless the ghosts of the Habs can again be a factor in this series I don't how Montreal can win more than a game)
Rangers in 6 (no confidence in Fleury at all)
Ducks in 7 (even with the amazing comeback of the Kings I think it's finally the Ducks turn to go far)
Wild in 7 (I don't know.. gut feeling.. they have a good team & I'm tired of the Hawks)

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

You shut your whore mouth!!!!

And come on, seriously who ISN'T tired of the Bruins? :P

PowerMaiden
05-03-2014, 05:04 AM
You shut your whore mouth!!!!

And come on, seriously who ISN'T tired of the Bruins? :P

:tongue: maybe will meet in the finals again (if we can have ghostbusters on our side)

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

El Gordo
05-03-2014, 05:33 PM
:tongue: maybe will meet in the finals again (if we can have ghostbusters on our side)

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

I'd be good with that.

PowerMaiden
05-14-2014, 06:03 PM
I'd be good with that.

please don't let Montreal win the cup... pleaaaaaase

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

El Gordo
05-14-2014, 06:08 PM
Absolutely FLOORED that the Habs took down the Bruins. Sorry, PowerMaiden, that's gotta sting.

PowerMaiden
05-16-2014, 05:46 PM
Absolutely FLOORED that the Habs took down the Bruins. Sorry, PowerMaiden, that's gotta sting.

Sting with a major S

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

DisposableJustice
05-16-2014, 09:04 PM
Before my picks for the conference finals, I gotta say these have been the best Stanley Cup Playoffs in a while and credit goes to the new format; because of it we have seen match-ups like Bruins/Habs, Ducks/Kings; in fact all the series this playoff has featured fights that almost all gone to 6 or 7 games. Kudos to the NHL for a gamble, I think it will payoff as I would love to see more Bruins/Habs or Avs/Wild Series for years to come

Anyway, my picks:

Canadians over Rangers in 7

Blackhawks over Kings in 7

DisposableJustice
06-02-2014, 03:45 PM
The finals are here and feature two teams I did not think would make it this far; the Rangers have the rest and the better goalie but the Kings have all the experience winning 3 game 7's away from home. It'll go 7 again and while I am somewhat rooting for the Rangers since it has been 20 years since they won it, I think the Kings will pull it off

El Gordo
06-06-2014, 04:08 PM
The Kings will absolutely pull it off. The true Final was Chicago-LA, and it was a doozy!

Maideneer
06-07-2014, 07:05 PM
This is so disgraceful Game 2 is. 2OT's now and it shouldn't be anywhere near that, it's almost like ref collusion.