PDA

View Full Version : Michael Sweet's Vocals

RumTumJM
04-13-2014, 02:17 PM
Saw Stryper for the 1st time, yesterday, and I was really impressed with not only Michael Sweet's vocals but also Oz Fox's backing vocals.

Those guys still bring it, BIG TIME. I noticed that at the end of The Way, Michael let out some of signature Sweet screams. Can he really still scream like that, or is it likely some kind of backing tracks making him look that good. I know he was one of the best, but I can't help question things. He is 50!

(I know about the strong usage of technology in concerts, these days, and how backing tracks are strongly used. I will admit that I have spent many hours "researching" this stuff, because, personally, the use of tapes drives me nuts. Give me a LIVE show, warts and all!)

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-13-2014, 02:21 PM
Saw Stryper for the 1st time, yesterday, and I was really impressed with not only Michael Sweet's vocals but also Oz Fox's backing vocals.

Those guys still bring it, BIG TIME. I noticed that at the end of The Way, Michael let out some of signature Sweet screams. Can he really still scream like that, or is it likely some kind of backing tracks making him look that good. I know he was one of the best, but I can't help question things. He is 50!

(I know about the strong usage of technology in concerts, these days, and how backing tracks are strongly used. I will admit that I have spent many hours "researching" this stuff, because, personally, the use of tapes drives me nuts. Give me a LIVE show, warts and all!)

Glad to hear he still has it, can't wait to see them at M3!

Sanitarium78
04-13-2014, 02:37 PM
I know you're new OP, so I won't be too hard on you but this is in the wrong section of the forum. There is nothing news worthy here so it should go in the general chat section. Or since you recently saw the band you can just write a review in the set lists section.

Happy posting and welcome aboard.

PVH5150
04-13-2014, 02:38 PM
Some people still have it, no matter how old they get.

Michael Sweet, Dave Meniketti, Derek St. Holmes & Jack Russell are some good examples.

RumTumJM
04-13-2014, 03:08 PM
I know you're new OP, so I won't be too hard on you but this is in the wrong section of the forum. There is nothing news worthy here so it should go in the general chat section. Or since you recently saw the band you can just write a review in the set lists section.

Happy posting and welcome aboard.

My bad. Assumed that General Chat was for off-topic, non-music stuff. Thanks for the heads up.

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-13-2014, 03:12 PM
Some people still have it, no matter how old they get.

Michael Sweet, Dave Meniketti, Derek St. Holmes & Jack Russell are some good examples.

Jack Russell's still got it? good to hear :horns:.