PDA

View Full Version : Duff McKagen rumored to rejoin GnR

Steev
03-31-2014, 01:30 PM
Is legendary bassist Duff McKagan about to reunite with Guns N Roses?!? There are many signs that point to at least a limited live reunion between McKagan and the current incarnation of GNR.
There must be millions out there who thought this could never happen, but it seems like Duff McKagan will share the stage with Guns N Roses once again after leaving the band 17 years ago.
The first culprit to drop a reunion hint was Guns N Roses photographer Kat Benzova. In a tweet to Duffs wife, Susan Holmes McKagan, Benzova types See you in a few

To be fair, that could mean anything, but just a few days later, Mrs. McKagan posted an old photo of Duff and Axl Rose together via Instagram:

Read More: Is Duff McKagan Reuniting With Guns N' Roses? | http://loudwire.com/is-duff-mckagan-reuniting-with-guns-n-roses/?trackback=tsmclip

mankvill
03-31-2014, 01:40 PM
Please be aware of the date.

300%_Density
03-31-2014, 01:43 PM
WK had it rumored to be Slash rejoining GnR. I feel so accepted now that I made a joke about him now!!!

Steev
03-31-2014, 01:56 PM
Please be aware of the date.

Was posted by Loudwire on FB in the past hour

mankvill
03-31-2014, 02:03 PM
WK had it rumored to be Slash rejoining GnR. I feel so accepted now that I made a joke about him now!!!

That was insider information!

mankvill
03-31-2014, 02:03 PM
Was posted by Loudwire on FB in the past hour

again: please be aware of the date

300%_Density
03-31-2014, 02:12 PM
again: please be aware of the date

I still haven't forgiven you when you got me with something a couple years ago.

NickLed19
03-31-2014, 02:37 PM
Did WK confirm this? LOL

Steev
03-31-2014, 04:11 PM
Ex-GUNS N' ROSES bassist Duff McKagan is rumored to be filling in for the band's current bassist, Tommy Stinson, during the group's South American tour. Stinson is scheduled to reunite with his original band, THE REPLACEMENTS, for two high-profile dates at Coachella in mid-April and is reportedly unable to make the GN'R shows.

McKagan is expected to join GUNS N' ROSES in Buenos Aires, Argentina for the April 6 concert, then play Asuncion, Paraguay (April 9), La Paz, Bolivia (April 12) and two cities in Brazil — Recife (April 15) and Fortaleza (April 15).

Although there has been no official confirmation of McKagan's return to GUNS N' ROSES, the Argentine radio station Vorterix has reportedly announced that Duff will be at the Buenos Aires show. In addition, McKagan himself has hinted via Twitter that he will be present at the GUNS N' ROSES dates in Argentina, Paraguay, Bolivia and Brazil.

McKagan joined singer Axl Rose on stage for the first time in seventeen years at GUNS N' ROSES' October 14, 2010 concert in London. He also performed with the latest version of GUNS in December 2011 at Pacific Coliseum in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada and at the Key Arena in Seattle.

Duff's band LOADED opened for GUNS at both the Seattle and Vancouver shows.

Rumors of a GUNS N' ROSES reunion with the classic lineup have been swirling for years. Rose told Billboard.com in 2009 that he doesn't ever expect to play again with guitarist Slash, saying, "One of the two of us will die before a reunion. However sad, ugly or unfortunate anyone views it, it is how it is."

I'm thinking there's a chance of maybe a performance at Rock on the Range(which Dnff has played twice in the past)

PVH5150
03-31-2014, 04:15 PM
McKagan*

And, Slash + Myles Kennedy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the current incarnation of Axl N' Friends.

TonyD
03-31-2014, 04:23 PM
This is probably Slash's april foolz prank

300%_Density
03-31-2014, 04:51 PM
Wording a story that way is a good way to get clicks. Surprised the source wasn't Buzzfeed.

Steev
03-31-2014, 05:16 PM
Wording a story that way is a good way to get clicks. Surprised the source wasn't Buzzfeed.

Well apparently it's atleast happening in South America

Onioner
03-31-2014, 05:23 PM
I don't know why people are going bananas over this, Duff already joined Axl n Friends onstage like two years ago in the UK or something. Izzy's been joining them onstage for years. I think the only thing that would be worth going gaga over would be Slash playing with these guys, every other scenario really isn't too far out of the scope of reality.

ravenheart
04-01-2014, 01:21 AM
In addition, McKagan himself has hinted via Twitter that he will be present at the GUNS N' ROSES dates in Argentina, Paraguay, Bolivia and Brazil.

This part is actually true. Duff did post this:

"Argentina, Paraguay, Bolivia, Brazil! See y'all in the next few weeks, Si? GNR."

Plus:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BkFTRxQCAAERAIV.jpg