PDA

View Full Version : Possible DEEP PURPLE reunion WITH Ritchie Blackmore

ravenheart
03-31-2014, 07:16 AM
Ritchie Blackmore, this week, on BBC Radio:

“We’ve just talked a bit. They are on a world tour supporting their latest studio album Deep Purple Now What?! So, I was like, "Ok then, now what’s next?" I’d like to do a show or two in venues like O2 London, or MSG New York or probably a full blown world tour, who knows? Well, time has passed, we’re not that young and angry anymore, then was then and now is now. I still think that he [Gillan] is the best rock singer on earth, you know?”

As fucking awesome as this would be... he'd contemplate a reunion tour, but won't play at the Jon Lord tribute concert on Friday? Something doesn't add up... Early April Fool's? Still worth posting, just in case it isn't.

Steev
03-31-2014, 08:13 AM
That would be a huge surprise, seeing how people pretty much gave on on Blackmore ever doing rock music again

ravenheart
03-31-2014, 08:35 AM
Indeed.

I would say, unless they reveal this as an April Fool's joke cooked up by someone who can't read a calendar, the best indication will be if he makes a surprise appearance on Friday.

He and Coverdale are the most notable absentees at the moment. The current Deep Purple, plus Hughes, Moody and Marsden, are all playing.

IrritatedTrout
03-31-2014, 08:44 AM
That would be pretty awesome.

Onioner
03-31-2014, 10:30 AM
What the actual fuck.

MPF
03-31-2014, 11:18 AM
I'm not holding my breath on any information on this till after April 1st. This would be WAY too good to be true.

Steev
03-31-2014, 11:45 AM
Funny thing is their Behind The Music is on right now

ravenheart
04-01-2014, 02:23 AM
I'm not holding my breath on any information on this till after April 1st. This would be WAY too good to be true.

Indeed.

Obviously if he does show up on Friday, y'all be the first to know ;)