PDA

View Full Version : BST Hyde Park - Black Sabbath, Soundgarden, Faith No More

detuned
03-30-2014, 08:20 AM
https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1.0-9/1011095_497674137005024_76600918_n.jpg

[bst-hydepark.com] (http://www.bst-hydepark.com/events/detail/black-sabbath)

Coma323
03-30-2014, 08:27 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKDvJTxZDbA

Dextrimental
03-30-2014, 08:27 AM
Already planning to abandon my festival plan for this year and go to this instead. FNM, Soundgarden and Sabbath? I won't argue.

Steev
03-30-2014, 08:41 AM
If they did an Ozzfest in the US that was Sabbath/Soundgarden/FNM/Motörhead/Soulfly I'd be there so fast

Also just gonna throw out now that Motörhead isn't a guarantee right now

300%_Density
03-30-2014, 09:53 AM
That main stage is amazing minus Wolfmother. Maybe they are big in the UK? I don't know. Hopefully whoever will eventually replace Motörhead after they cancel will be good. Side stages are meh, but wow what a show.

ravenheart
03-30-2014, 09:54 AM
Yep, already knew about Sabbath last week, and assumed Soundgarden were a guarantee for the direct support, but didn't know the rest.

Also already assuming Motorhead will cancel.

Neil Young and a load of pop/indie crap is one of the other days... can't remember the third one right now...

EDIT: just checked, it's McBusted and Backstreet Boys.

DementedX14
03-30-2014, 12:21 PM
Why can't this be in America. This is better than every band on Lollapalooza. :bouville:

elturtleboy
03-30-2014, 12:40 PM
Gallows are opening for Sabbath. I really wanna see this

Steev
03-30-2014, 02:10 PM
Yep, already knew about Sabbath last week, and assumed Soundgarden were a guarantee for the direct support, but didn't know the rest.

Also already assuming Motorhead will cancel.

Neil Young and a load of pop/indie crap is one of the other days... can't remember the third one right now...

EDIT: just checked, it's McBusted and Backstreet Boys.

McBusted?

ravenheart
03-30-2014, 02:15 PM
McBusted?

McFly and Busted playing together. It's already toured the UK at least once, big arena shows and shit.

mankvill
03-30-2014, 02:29 PM
Why can't this be in America. This is better than every band on Lollapalooza. :bouville:

support metal festivals then

Steev
03-30-2014, 03:54 PM
McFly and Busted playing together. It's already toured the UK at least once, big arena shows and shit.

Ok maybe follow up question: who are McFly and Busted?

Dextrimental
03-30-2014, 03:56 PM

Pop bands who are sold as being 'pop-rock' because they have guitars.

dcmetal108
03-30-2014, 05:15 PM

Shut up :lol:

Comparing this to Lolla is like comparing Summer Slaughter to Pitchfork Music Fest.

You can't compare things that aren't even closely similar.

Steev
03-30-2014, 05:26 PM

Comparing this to Lolla is like comparing Summer Slaughter to Pitchfork Music Fest.

Haven't 3 of this main stage bands been on Lolla?

DementedX14
03-30-2014, 06:44 PM

They are both outdoor music festivals. SS is not a music festival, it is a standard tour. Pitchfork sucks too but i could care less about that festival. I just wished Lolla would look like sonisphere.

dcmetal108
03-30-2014, 07:27 PM
They are both outdoor music festivals. SS is not a music festival, it is a standard tour. Pitchfork sucks too but i could care less about that festival. I just wished Lolla would look like sonisphere.

Why would it? When has it ever? Sure they might get 2 maybe 3 hard rock / metal bands a year IF THAT!

And pshh Pitchfork is decent. Wu Tang and Trash Talk last year would of been the shit.

slapguitarer
03-30-2014, 07:34 PM
Why would it? When has it ever? Sure they might get 2 maybe 3 hard rock / metal bands a year IF THAT!

And pshh Pitchfork is decent. Wu Tang and Trash Talk last year would of been the shit.

Exactly. Sure, it'd be nice if there was more than one huge metal festival in the US, but it's ridiculous to expect that from all the current summer festivals that are known for having popular indie rock and hip-hop artists performing.

ravenheart
03-31-2014, 02:22 AM
I'm probably-definitely going to this as it fits in perfectly with my schedule. But I'm going to wait for the inevitable buy-one-get-one free ticket offer that comes every time a London pop festival adds a metal day on a Friday. Especially seeing as it's the same weekend as the Sonisphere Festival.

Either way, my week will look like:

June 28 - London - Aerosmith/Joe Bonamassa/Thunder/Walking Papers
June 30 - fly to Luxembourg
July 1 - Luxembourg - Iron Maiden
July 2 - Luxembourg - Rob Zombie
July 3 - fly home
July 4 - London - Black Sabbath/Soundgarden/Faith No More/Soulfly/Hell

I call that a good week :D

ravenheart
03-31-2014, 02:24 AM

They're like a gay pride festival with guitars.

IrritatedTrout
03-31-2014, 07:00 AM
I'm probably-definitely going to this as it fits in perfectly with my schedule. But I'm going to wait for the inevitable buy-one-get-one free ticket offer that comes every time a London pop festival adds a metal day on a Friday. Especially seeing as it's the same weekend as the Sonisphere Festival.

Either way, my week will look like:

June 28 - London - Aerosmith/Joe Bonamassa/Thunder/Walking Papers
June 30 - fly to Luxembourg
July 1 - Luxembourg - Iron Maiden
July 2 - Luxembourg - Rob Zombie
July 3 - fly home
July 4 - London - Black Sabbath/Soundgarden/Faith No More/Soulfly/Hell

I call that a good week :D

That is a good week. What time do you fly to Luxembourg? I'm coming from Bergen but I have a layover in Heathrow.

ravenheart
03-31-2014, 07:21 AM
That is a good week. What time do you fly to Luxembourg? I'm coming from Bergen but I have a layover in Heathrow.

Can't remember the time, but I'm not flying from Heathrow.

IrritatedTrout
03-31-2014, 08:40 AM
Ah, well never mind then. :lol: