PDA

View Full Version : Dave Brockie (AKA Oderus Urungus of GWAR) Has Passed Away

mankvill
03-23-2014, 11:02 PM
Dave Brockie aka Oderus Urungus of GWAR Dead At 50/ (http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/gwar-frontman-dave-brockie-a-k-a-oderus-urungus-reportedly-dead-at-50)

It's legit. This is terrible news.

GWAR Concert Memories & Set Lists At MetalSetLists (http://www.metalsetlists.com/tags.php?tag=gwar)

http://www.gwar.net/wp-content/gallery/live/dsc00757.jpg

Note: Edited by Hot Turkey Ed

TonyD
03-23-2014, 11:26 PM
fuck

kalfitegrdan
03-23-2014, 11:29 PM
Holy shit.

sfhui
03-23-2014, 11:38 PM
holy shit. RIP

hellawaits77ny
03-23-2014, 11:48 PM
RIP Dave.

HackedUpForBBQ
03-23-2014, 11:51 PM
RIP Dave and RIP Gwar, one of the most consistently fun bands I've ever had the pleasure of seeing live. I got to talk to Dave on a few occasions outside of shows and what a great, humble guy he was. Oderus and Flattus are together once again :(

elturtleboy
03-23-2014, 11:56 PM
Its REALLY hard for me to believe this. Im glad i saw GWAR at least once. Death Piggy/X-Cops were cool bands as well. RIP :(

Dextrimental
03-24-2014, 12:07 AM
R.I.P you crazy, noisy, ridiculous bastard.

Christen
03-24-2014, 12:32 AM
Holy shit this is sad news. Wish I could of seen GWAR live at least once. RIP :(.

AnataFan4Life
03-24-2014, 12:48 AM
Oh fuck :(

RIP Dave, there will never be another frontman like you

ravenheart
03-24-2014, 12:56 AM
Daaamn...

How does this happen to the same band twice?

El Gordo
03-24-2014, 02:35 AM
Fuck! RIP Oderus.

dcmetal108
03-24-2014, 03:24 AM
:(

I'm just happy I finally got to see them last fall and more importantly last year was able to meet Mr. Brockie himself and Oderus at a horror convention.

I'm wondering if the GWAR-B-Q will be cancelled, if they'll do a acoustic set, one with Daves live vocals playing, or one where friends sing the songs for the final GWAR set.

AnthG
03-24-2014, 03:57 AM
Holy shit that sucks.

I was never too big of a fan of GWAR's music, but I still had the chance to see them live twice thanks to the Sounds of the Underground tours, one of which I got to be covered in fake blood and semen. It was good times, probably one of the funnest times i've ever had at a show. I also really enjoyed Dave's out of character interviews, that showed he really was passionate about what he did and took the show and band very seriously.

300%_Density
03-24-2014, 04:27 AM
Goddamit. I wake up to this? I'm happy I got to see GWAR the 6 or 7x that I did. Music is less fun now if Oderus is no longer with us.

ravenheart
03-24-2014, 04:35 AM
I have tried to get into Gwar many times. Their aesthetic is the kind of thing I enjoy from many other acts, so I've always viewed them as a band I should like, but somehow never do.

Gwar fans, what's the best album? I might give them another listen.

300%_Density
03-24-2014, 04:38 AM
If you are starting out, Scumdogs of the Universe is the best album to start out with.

ravenheart
03-24-2014, 04:58 AM
If you are starting out, Scumdogs of the Universe is the best album to start out with.

Will check it out. I hate We Kill Everything, same as apparently everyone else. I did just check out Violence Has Arrived, and liked quite a lot of that. I must not have tried that one before.

ravenheart
03-24-2014, 05:06 AM
Right, tried Scumdogs, definitely not for me. Too punky.

300%_Density
03-24-2014, 05:10 AM
Right, tried Scumdogs, definitely not for me. Too punky.

War Party would be another one to try. They weren't as punky on the last few albums they were thrashier than the earlier albums.

ravenheart
03-24-2014, 05:17 AM
War Party would be another one to try. They weren't as punky on the last few albums they were thrashier than the earlier albums.

Yeah, that's what I'm finding. So far my favourite stuff is on Violence Has Arrived and Bloody Pit of Horror, and I'm enjoying the bulk of War Party, Beyond Hell and Lust In Space too.

300%_Density
03-24-2014, 05:26 AM
Yeah, that's what I'm finding. So far my favourite stuff is on Violence Has Arrived and Bloody Pit of Horror, and I'm enjoying the bulk of War Party, Beyond Hell and Lust In Space too.

Yeah. They got better for Violence Has Arrived & then when Corey was in the band, starting w/ War Party, they had a string of good albums that seemed to get them bigger than they were in the mid to late 90s.

ravenheart
03-24-2014, 05:30 AM
Yeah. They got better for Violence Has Arrived & then when Corey was in the band, starting w/ War Party, they had a string of good albums that seemed to get them bigger than they were in the mid to late 90s.

Agreed. I've just found that I like everything from Violence Has Arrived through Bloody Pit of Horror. And have just bought Lust In Space, since it was dirt cheap.

I don't like the most recent one though.

adamclark52
03-24-2014, 05:54 AM
I was never a big fan of Gwar's music but their concept was great. I am a fan of Dave's though. His Necessary Roughness column on Metalsucks was great.

RIP Dave.

adamclark52
03-24-2014, 06:14 AM
I have tried to get into Gwar many times. Their aesthetic is the kind of thing I enjoy from many other acts, so I've always viewed them as a band I should like, but somehow never do.

Gwar fans, what's the best album? I might give them another listen.

The Carnival of Chaos album had some good songs (Let's Blame the Lightman and Sammy). But overall I found their music terrible.

Steev
03-24-2014, 06:39 AM
The only two times I got to see Gwar were at Sounds of the Underground(usually work or school got in the way of other tours) but I did randomly run into Dave at Mayhem Fest in 2009. It was only a quick conversation but he could not have been a nicer guy, he just exhumed this crazy excitement at all times.

noahj
03-24-2014, 06:47 AM
Total shock right now.

I have no words

MPF
03-24-2014, 06:53 AM
What a horrible to wake up this morning.

This is going to hit me hard for a very long time. I had the fortune to be able to see GWAR 3 times and all three times were fantastic.

Right around the time I was sick last year I was suppose to interview Orderus at First Avenue, but that morning I woke up so sick that I couldn't even leave the bed and unfortunately had to cancel. I would have loved to have met the man as he was a big part of my music life growing up.

That also said, DBX is one of the most underrated groups in music.

R.I.P.

Ravenheart, I know you like your share of Prog, you might like the album Lust in Space. It's my favorite GWAR album although a lot of people don't like it for all the Prog. I think you might appreciate it.

smearCampaign
03-24-2014, 07:18 AM
RIP Oderus / Dave :fist:

Carnival of Chaos was my first Gwar record, so that holds a special place for me. Scumdogs of the Universe, Violence Has Arrived and War Party are my other favorites. I saw them 3 times over the years and never left disappointed.

ravenheart
03-24-2014, 07:36 AM
And have just bought Lust In Space, since it was dirt cheap.

Ravenheart, I know you like your share of Prog, you might like the album Lust in Space. It's my favorite GWAR album although a lot of people don't like it for all the Prog. I think you might appreciate it.

Yep ;)

hot_turkey_ed
03-24-2014, 07:47 AM
Seriously WTF... Just WTF.

:bouville:

I didn't know Dave, just his music through GWAR and DBX. The GWAR concerts I attended (along with Motorhead Jeff) are some of my fondest metal memories. Some of his web posts were ... IDK..... this tweet: "Glad to hear Randy Blythe has escaped the clutches of the infamous Czech justice system. Now he can get back where he belongs, blowing me. — Oderus Urungus". It's just funny. The guy made me laugh and smile. We live in a fucked up world at times, and anyone that dies (50 isn't that old) that brings a little warmth to your heart.. well, it's loss. Yeah, didn't really know him but will absolutely miss him.

DisposableJustice
03-24-2014, 07:58 AM
Never got into GWAR but still sad news, R.I.P.

BloodoftheKings
03-24-2014, 08:04 AM
This was terrible news to wake up to this morning. I got a text from my friend about it while I was still in bed and at first I thought it was some kind of joke.

I wish I could have seen them one more time. They're definitely finished now. Bass and guitar have always been kind of a revolving door in this band but without Dave, there is no Gwar.

R.I.P. :bouville:

mankvill
03-24-2014, 08:28 AM
http://blog.millsrecordcompany.com/memoriam-gwars-dave-brockie-aka-oderus-urungus-1963-2014

I tried to write something about Dave. I didn't do a very good job, but I hope I did him a bit of justice.

MPF
03-24-2014, 08:32 AM
I am doing the same for my radio show today. i had a whole playlist all ready to go, but today changed everything. I start off the show with GWAR and ending it with GWAR with a bit of a memorial to Brockie after the first song in support.

marker
03-24-2014, 08:35 AM

I think Beyond Hell is awesome, very entertaining. I didn't really care for the last two albums, it's like the same shit over and over. Maybe if I listen to them more they will grow.

greenReaper
03-24-2014, 08:36 AM
News is fucking terrible. Sucks. He was a truly unique / gifted musician / artist / author. If you get the chance, read Wharghoul. It was probably more hilarious/disgusting/epic/offensive than all of what Gwar did. I recommend it.

It is kind of darkly fitting that his final album was a tribute to a fallen brother.

swboyd
03-24-2014, 08:39 AM
Being from Virginia originally, I was blessed to see GWAR three times over the years. Seeing them play a two hour long set on New Years Eve in 2008 is still probably one of my favorite shows to this day, even after the terrible openers. Dave was such a gifted talent and artist. He'll be missed a lot. RIP.

mastodon421
03-24-2014, 08:58 AM
This is terrible and incredibly surprising news. I'm now kicking myself for not taking the opportunity to see them live during any of the numerous chances I've had over the years. R.I.P, he will be sorely missed in the metal community.

Steev
03-24-2014, 09:01 AM
Apparently he was planning another tour that would involve Doyle, I don't know what the future holds for the rest if the guys but I really hope they atleast take this year's BBQ and make it a celebration of his life.

energymetal14
03-24-2014, 09:37 AM
Wow, really sad news. Never got to see GWAR. R.I.P.

BloodoftheKings
03-24-2014, 09:40 AM
Apparently he was planning another tour that would involve Doyle, I don't know what the future holds for the rest if the guys but I really hope they atleast take this year's BBQ and make it a celebration of his life.

I didn't even think about the Gwar BQ. I can see them doing some kind of tribute set where they have guys like Randy Blythe and Tony Forseta filling in on vocals.

marker
03-24-2014, 09:41 AM
The Carnival of Chaos album had some good songs (Let's Blame the Lightman and Sammy). But overall I found their music terrible.

One of their worst albums along with This Toilet Earth.

Steev
03-24-2014, 09:50 AM
I didn't even think about the Gwar BQ. I can see them doing some kind of tribute set where they have guys like Randy Blythe and Tony Forseta filling in on vocals.

Randy immediately came to mind, I know LOG isn't touring but I can't see them not wanting to honor Dave.

They did an amazing job honoring Cory when he passed away, I know they'll do something great to honor Dave.

DisposableJustice
03-24-2014, 10:07 AM
Found this over at Deadspin I'm sure the GWAR fans here will enjoy it

http://deadspin.com/5713891/the-best-most-deranged-story-about-gwar-youll-ever-read/1550354620/+robharvilla/@marchman

John The Drummer
03-24-2014, 10:16 AM
Wasn't a huge Gwar fan, enjoyed some of their tunes (loved Gor Gor), and was lucky enough to catch them on their last tour. RIP :(

mankvill
03-24-2014, 10:44 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB2Q2zwyZk0

Last thing from me today about this. Just a little quick video about Dave/GWAR and my history with them and my thoughts on everything.

Now I'm gonna go listen to GWAR!

adamclark52
03-24-2014, 11:10 AM
One of their worst albums along with This Toilet Earth.

That's the general consensus, I really only liked those two songs. It and America Must Be Destroyed were the only two full albums I ever heard from them. And I didn't like AMBD.

GWAR654
03-24-2014, 11:20 AM
So upset waking up to this... This has hit me so hard and I am so truly upset. I am so glad I got to see gwar 18 times since discovering them in 2004.... Will truly be missed. HAIL DAVE AKA ODERUS

marker
03-24-2014, 11:24 AM
That's the general consensus, I really only liked those two songs. It and America Must Be Destroyed were the only two full albums I ever heard from them. And I didn't like AMBD.

I think the first four songs from AMBD are Gwar classics, but the rest is nothing special that's for sure.

Travis The Dragon
03-24-2014, 01:08 PM
I was never a big fan of their music, but I did enjoy their live shows a lot. This truly some very sad news. :( RIP Dave.

Bengals279
03-24-2014, 01:26 PM
Wasn't a huge fan of his music but he seemed like an awesome dude. I had so much fun watching a bunch of his interviews on youtube. RIP

dredg822
03-24-2014, 06:23 PM
RIP Oderus. Glad I got the chance to see GWAR a couple times. Met him twice too. Once at Sounds of the Underground and once at a horror con/Holliston cast signing. Super nice dude. It was a pleasure chatting with him about his show. He will be missed.

DementedX14
03-24-2014, 06:46 PM
RIP. I was never a fan of this band but it would have been nice if I could see them live at least once.

300%_Density
03-24-2014, 07:03 PM
TMZ reported he was sitting upright in a chair when he was found. Suicide not suspected (even though I doubt anyone really figured that) & of course no note. Not much of news. But something.

Bengals279
03-24-2014, 07:11 PM
Maybe he accidentally overdosed.

300%_Density
03-24-2014, 07:31 PM
Maybe he accidentally overdosed.

Guessing if that was it, somewhere would have reported finding a substance/paraphernalia on him when he was found. Obviously we will know for sure soon. I hope it wasn't an OD.

Onioner
03-24-2014, 08:11 PM
Could've totally been a bad mix of prescription drugs. Somehow, I get the impression that the guy wasn't a junkie. I read a piece earlier today that said he used to stay super in shape just so he could play good shows in the suit. Not to mention, I feel like a guy with enough sheer professionalism, ambition and plain smarts to run an operation as intense as GWAR couldn't have done it high.

MPF
03-24-2014, 08:20 PM
If he ever did anything hard in the past, it could have been heart failure.

kalfitegrdan
03-25-2014, 03:53 AM
Honestly, I think GWAR should continue. As long as they are still musicians who are as dedicated to the whole mythos and, well, the art of GWAR. I would think that that would be what Dave would want.

I thought about this interview with Dave that I read awhile back:

Dave: And I think that weíve never really had tremendous success on a financial level, I think that goes a long way and despite that weíve had all these guys in the band for all these years. Itís just goes a long way to show that your art is the first thing. We just figure weíll concentrate on the music and the art and make it as great as possible and if we have success with it, thatís just a natural occurrence. Every year it just seems that things have gotten a little better for GWAR and Iíve always said GWAR is the band that could last between a 100 years or 1,000 years. Itís got a lot more to do with Beatlemania than Black Sabbath, itís like the Ringling brothers have been dead 100 years, but their circus still comes to town.

Mike: Itís all costumes too so new people can be inside them.

Dave: Which weíve done before, weíve switched musicians around a lot and luckily weíve got Casey (Orr), our old bass player back now, Iíve had Mike (Derks, rhythm guitarist) and Brad (Roberts, drummer) with me since Scumdogs (the album Scumdogs of the Universe, released in 1990) and Cory (Smoot, lead guitarist) has done four albums in a row now. It took about half of our career to coalesce on our final line-up, which is kind of crazy. GWAR has a tendency to go backwards, we do everything differently. Most bands come out of the box hot, put out a couple great records and then slowly fade away, GWAR has been the opposite of that. We came out hot, then we faded away again and didnít really know what was going on with all the line-up changes and then we solidified and for the last eight or nine years things have been going really great for us. - See more at: http://www.lithiummagazine.com/interview-dave-brockie-aka-oderus-urungus-gwar-october-15th-2009#sthash.CacqDZmc.dpuf

ravenheart
03-25-2014, 05:50 AM
Management (Jack Flanagan) statement:

"It is with a saddened heart, that I confirm my dear friend Dave Brockie, artist, musician, and lead singer of GWAR passed away at approximately 6:50 PM, EST - Sunday March 23, 2014. His body was found Sunday by his band mate at his home in Richmond, VA. Richmond authorities have confirmed his death and next of kin has been notified. A full autopsy will be performed. He was 50 years old, born August 30, 1963.

My main focus right now is to look after my band mates and his family. More information regarding his death shall be released as the details are confirmed."

marker
03-25-2014, 07:58 AM
Management (Jack Flanagan) statement:

"It is with a saddened heart, that I confirm my dear friend Dave Brockie, artist, musician, and lead singer of GWAR passed away at approximately 6:50 PM, EST - Sunday March 23, 2014. His body was found Sunday by his band mate at his home in Richmond, VA. Richmond authorities have confirmed his death and next of kin has been notified. A full autopsy will be performed. He was 50 years old, born August 30, 1963.

My main focus right now is to look after my band mates and his family. More information regarding his death shall be released as the details are confirmed."

That's new? Didn't we already know that?

Steev
03-25-2014, 08:45 AM
That's new? Didn't we already know that?

Yep

ravenheart
03-25-2014, 09:27 AM
Of course. But what would you rather, the band/management say nothing at all? They've got to make a statement acknowledging it. I'm sure what they wanted to do was confirm the cause of death, but since an autopsy is required, they can't yet.

DisposableJustice
03-25-2014, 09:36 AM
A cool little video

http://www.metalinjection.net/av/phil-anselmo-just-posted-this-amazing-video-of-himself-dave-brockie-and-others-rocking-out-to-slayer

adamclark52
03-25-2014, 10:15 AM
I can't see Gwar going on without him. Or they may try but fail miserably. His sense of humor was one-of-a-kind. You could slap Devin Townsend or some other "funny guy" behind the mask and they'd be funny but not the same funny.

noahj
03-25-2014, 01:21 PM
Not sure about this summers GWARbq, but if it turns out to be a celebration and cool gig, I'd be tempted to fly to Virginia.

24 hours later and I'm still saddened.

marker
03-25-2014, 06:25 PM
Of course. But what would you rather, the band/management say nothing at all? They've got to make a statement acknowledging it. I'm sure what they wanted to do was confirm the cause of death, but since an autopsy is required, they can't yet.

Sure, because we were all waiting for the official announcement telling us a bunch of shit we already knew. Thanks for sharing that with everyone.
:finger2:

ravenheart
03-26-2014, 02:32 AM
Technically, the fact that an autopsy was required because they still couldn't determine the cause of death was new. But it doesn't matter, because you're in a childish, reactionary mood after getting butthurt in the concerts thread, so any valid point made is going to pass you by. Come back when you've calmed down. Or grown up. Whichever occurs first.

marker
03-26-2014, 08:42 AM
Technically, the fact that an autopsy was required because they still couldn't determine the cause of death was new. But it doesn't matter, because you're in a childish, reactionary mood after getting butthurt in the concerts thread, so any valid point made is going to pass you by. Come back when you've calmed down. Or grown up. Whichever occurs first.

You're the one who ended up making an ass of himself and you know it. You don't have to post a boring update you read on bravewords, blabbermouth, or wherever the fuck. I get your point but no one gives a shit. Everyone knows your an ass but they put up with you because you're everywhere and impossible to avoid. And you're the one who ended up butthurt and you know it. I'm done now.

hot_turkey_ed
03-26-2014, 09:18 AM
:badidea: :badidea: :badidea:

:headoff:

hot_turkey_ed
03-26-2014, 09:32 AM
Source: NBC12 (http://www.nbc12.com/story/25077894/sources-gwar-singers-death-possibly-drug-related)

A NBC affiliate is reporting that law enforcement is investigating the drug angle as a cause of a death. No surprise that they would given the circumstances.

ravenheart
03-26-2014, 09:35 AM
Source: NBC12 (http://www.nbc12.com/story/25077894/sources-gwar-singers-death-possibly-drug-related)

A NBC affiliate is reporting that law enforcement is investigating the drug angle as a cause of a death. No surprise that they would given the circumstances.

Default stance when it's a metal musician, I'd have thought.

Steev
03-26-2014, 12:08 PM
GwarBQ will go on as a memorial for Dave

greenReaper
04-04-2014, 11:40 AM
I wrote a piece for Skullsnbones.com. If you were ever a Dave or Gwar fan feel free to check it out. It is fairly lengthy but sincere.

http://skullsnbones.com/dave-brockie-a-k-a-oderus-urungus-in-memoriam-by-matthew-green/

MPF
06-03-2014, 11:34 AM
Dave Brockie officially died of an accidental Heroin overdose.

adamclark52
06-03-2014, 11:38 AM
Dave Brockie officially died of an accidental Heroin overdose.

Wow, that will really change everything.

MPF
06-03-2014, 11:49 AM
Wow, that will really change everything.

I'd like to think that's not sarcasm. I can't really tell todayaas my sarcasm detector is over at Dr. Frink's Lab getting fixed.

But this really hits home with me as I was addicted to Heroin this past year thanks to my doctors from September to January (Dilaudid). So this really hits home to me. Of course mine was Doctor induced and Dave's was self inflicted.

Knowing the experience personally, it really bums me the fuck out.

mankvill
06-03-2014, 11:57 AM
I have a friend who has been struggling with heroin overdose for years and years now and she tells me it really is a constant, everyday thing.

This really sucks.

Don't do drugs, kids.

unless its teh weddz then 420 blaze it fgt

HackedUpForBBQ
06-03-2014, 12:11 PM
I have a friend who has been struggling with heroin overdose for years and years now and she tells me it really is a constant, everyday thing.

This really sucks.

Don't do drugs, kids.

unless its teh weddz then 420 blaze it fgt

It is an everyday thing because the user eventually has to do a certain amount to simply feel normal, let alone get high. Heroin is so easy to overdose on, as it can so drastically vary in potency from one batch to the next. Someone I know used to shoot 4 bags at a time and she did so for a long time. Then one day she must have stumbled upon some really strong stuff because she overdosed and almost died from only 2 bags. EVERYONE around here is doing it; I guess it's the same all over.

Coma323
06-03-2014, 12:26 PM
Not sure about the rest of the country but there is a huge epidemic on the east coast right now. Not too mention tons of it going around mixed/cut with other shit.

HackedUpForBBQ
06-03-2014, 12:38 PM
Not sure about the rest of the country but there is a huge epidemic on the east coast right now. Not too mention tons of it going around mixed/cut with other shit.

That's right. In Buffalo recently there has been a huge spike in the number of heroin overdoses and it turned out people have been mixing the heroin with fentanyl for a more potent product. So fucking dangerous

adamclark52
06-03-2014, 12:57 PM
I'd like to think that's not sarcasm. I can't really tell todayaas my sarcasm detector is over at Dr. Frink's Lab getting fixed.

But this really hits home with me as I was addicted to Heroin this past year thanks to my doctors from September to January (Dilaudid). So this really hits home to me. Of course mine was Doctor induced and Dave's was self inflicted.

Knowing the experience personally, it really bums me the fuck out.

It wasn't sarcasm. Before this came out I felt bad for him. I thought maybe he had an underlying medical condition know one knew about, or mold I'm his house, or some sort of accident.

But now I see him as a junkie. I've never been addicted to drugs or known anyone who was. So from my point of view I see it as a self inflicted thing. And it's hard for me to feel sorry for him now

Derelict
06-03-2014, 01:04 PM
My dad came home from Vietnam hooked on morphine, it wasn't something he ever really kicked. Even when he would be clean for awhile, he told me he would think about getting high pretty regularly. I don't think it's something you really understand unless it's happened to you.

Dextrimental
06-03-2014, 01:10 PM
My dad came home from Vietnam hooked on morphine, it wasn't something he ever really kicked. Even when he would be clean for awhile, he told me he would think about getting high pretty regularly. I don't think it's something you really understand unless it's happened to you.

This.

My brother did everything but inject himself, and even though his stories and influence worked a lot to keep me from completely derailing in my formative years (and the people I hung out with and mindset I was in put me very, VERY close to it) I know I'll never fully grasp struggling with that kind of addiction.

As far as I see it, if thinking junkies are lesser beings who do not deserve pity keeps you from doing hard drugs and getting into those circles, good. As long as you ain't telling people they shouldn't mourn for the person or that it's not something that is in itself sad, then we're good. As someone with a budding career in social care, whatever keeps people from becoming addicts is good by me, just don't rain on the people who're left in the fallout.

MPF
06-03-2014, 01:10 PM

It's so fucking, sadly true. I'm just about tearing up thinking about what I went through last year. :(

adamclark52
06-03-2014, 01:19 PM
Well, I don't know and I really don't understand that facet of life. I really shouldn't comment any further.

MPF
06-03-2014, 01:23 PM
Well, I don't know and I really don't understand that facet of life. I really shouldn't comment any further.

It's not always voluntary, like in my case. Those who do it from what I'm going to take a shot in the dark and assume was the case with Dave, and assume that was his choice.

When you are high from it, it feels fucking incredible, but the after affects are not worth it. Death being what it almost always leads to. People should be smart enough to not do this, but we are human and some people do not understand that you shouldn't do drugs.

John The Drummer
06-03-2014, 01:43 PM
or mold in his house

When I was in the ER for some health issues I brought up the mold thing and the doctor said that that is just a myth, and shouldn't affect anyone anymore than just a regular allergy (especially being in the Pacific NW, there is mold ERRYWHERE)

The More You Know

elturtleboy
06-03-2014, 02:52 PM
this is just sad

Derelict
06-03-2014, 03:06 PM
It's so fucking, sadly true. I'm just about tearing up thinking about what I went through last year. :(

Glad you pulled through man

christopher
06-03-2014, 03:11 PM
When I was in the ER for some health issues I brought up the mold thing and the doctor said that that is just a myth, and shouldn't affect anyone anymore than just a regular allergy (especially being in the Pacific NW, there is mold ERRYWHERE)

The More You Know

:lol: well that's good to know.

MPF
06-03-2014, 03:13 PM
Glad you pulled through man

Thanks man! I appreciate more than you know.

Onioner
06-03-2014, 04:05 PM
Anyone can become a drug addict. Everyone has had moments of weakness in their life when drugs look like they provide a way around pain, times when they were literally not in control (our own MPF can attest to that) and some people simply lack the inhibition to actively avoid it.

Everyone is human, and we all have our vices and crazy fucking life situations that might allow shit like heroin or meth into our system.

Basically, this really sucks.

hellawaits77ny
06-03-2014, 06:15 PM
Such a shame.

We see so much of it. Constantly making arrests. So much cheaper now, more people are using it due to the (so-called) restrictions on prescription pain killers. Task force busted a dude a few weeks ago, random traffic stop netted 400+ bags.

dcmetal108
06-03-2014, 08:24 PM
Such a shame.

We see so much of it. Constantly making arrests. So much cheaper now, more people are using it due to the (so-called) restrictions on prescription pain killers. Task force busted a dude a few weeks ago, random traffic stop netted 400+ bags.

I see people everyday on it, hell I even sell them the needles they need to use it.

DisposableJustice
06-03-2014, 09:17 PM
I cannot personally attest to major drug addiction but last year when I was interning at an Elementary school for my Masters program we had a brother/sister who had a mother in and out of the house for a meth addiction, always saying she would get clean but kept falling back. I was pissed because her kids were missing a mother in the house and at one point when the mother got throw in jail for trying to buy off an undercover officer, I thought she was the biggest piece of shit in the world because that almost broke her kids, who are only 8 and 5.

But for 20/20, I don't know what is like and I'm sure it was hard for the mother to not be there for her kids. Also MPF glad you came through I image it is hard to share that kind of stuff but good for you in making it:)

Natrlhi
06-25-2014, 05:59 PM
I have to admit I never cared that much for GWAR, but after having seen this, I think I love Oderous just a little bit more
(the few of us on here who have kids will probably laugh a bit harder than most at this):

U85CXYJg2lc

Oh, and I regret missing the conversation above about addiction. It really sucks that that was the actual cause of death here. I've been to many funerals over this issue - more than most people should - but the sting never seems to dull, unlike other things. It's always so tragic when someone dies this way - maybe because it's a totally avoidable and senseless loss of life.

By the way, having said all that - if anyone knows someone who is stuggling with addiction, please don't sit idly by and do nothing. There is legitimate help to be had. Google is your friend here, but if you need or want any more specific guidance you can PM me and I can get you in touch with the right sources of information / help.