PDA

View Full Version : RUSH to tour in 2015

snowdog2112
03-20-2014, 12:27 PM
:party::rocker::blaze:http://t.co/5lQWEM5HCERush wrapped up their worldwide Clockwork Angels tour just seven months ago, but they're already planning a lengthy "41st anniversary" tour for 2015, according to guitarist Alex Lifeson. "The three of us just had a meeting," Lifeson tells Rolling Stone. "We said, 'Let's not talk about anything band-wise for the next year. Let's separate ourselves and come back rejuvenated.' Unfortunately, the other people at that meeting didn't hear what we were talking about, so there are already plans being made for spring of 2015. It's going to be a 41st anniversary tour, or whatever they're going to call it."
The specifics of the tour are still in flux. "We haven't really talked seriously about what we want to do," says Lifeson. "But I think we're probably going to lean towards making it a real sort of fan event, and really try to put something together that's very pleasing for the fans across the board. That's always been difficult, for us to sort of balance things." ...

MetalIsArt
03-20-2014, 12:30 PM
:party::rocker::blaze:http://t.co/5lQWEM5HCERush wrapped up their worldwide Clockwork Angels tour just seven months ago, but they're already planning a lengthy "41st anniversary" tour for 2015, according to guitarist Alex Lifeson. "The three of us just had a meeting," Lifeson tells Rolling Stone. "We said, 'Let's not talk about anything band-wise for the next year. Let's separate ourselves and come back rejuvenated.' Unfortunately, the other people at that meeting didn't hear what we were talking about, so there are already plans being made for spring of 2015. It's going to be a 41st anniversary tour, or whatever they're going to call it."
The specifics of the tour are still in flux. "We haven't really talked seriously about what we want to do," says Lifeson. "But I think we're probably going to lean towards making it a real sort of fan event, and really try to put something together that's very pleasing for the fans across the board. That's always been difficult, for us to sort of balance things." ...

41st anniversary... gotta love Rush. :party:

anomynous
03-20-2014, 12:36 PM
Yes.

Greatest hits type tour I assume, which is fine with me.

Wrecking Crew
03-20-2014, 12:53 PM
Greatest hits type tour I assume, which is fine with me.

Therein lies the problem, Rush fans are notoriously fragmented about what their favorite period of the band is. I mean some people even like Hold Your Fire which I find inexplicable.

Plus they already did 2 greatest hits type tours in the last 10 years (30th anniversary and Time Machine tour) so they need to do something different with this. I hope they do something off the wall like this last tour where they pull out a lot of old songs that hadn't been played in 15-20 years. I have seen them 10 times and will not go for another greatest hits setlist that I have probably already seen multiple times.

anomynous
03-20-2014, 12:57 PM
I'm just saying I'd rather have a greatest hits tour than a Clockwork Angles tour.

I've only seen them during the S&A 2008 tour.

DisposableJustice
03-20-2014, 01:15 PM
Neat! I am a very causal fan of Rush but if they hit Denver on this which I'm sure they will, I'll go just to see one music's icons

sfhui
03-20-2014, 01:31 PM
something big for me to look forward to. :party:

marker
03-20-2014, 01:49 PM
I wish they would do at least one song from every album, that's a good way to balance it out somewhat. We all know it's impossible to please everyone.

mankvill
03-20-2014, 03:11 PM
Would like to see them, but tix will probably be insane

TonyD
03-20-2014, 03:39 PM
Would like to see them, but tix will probably be insane

I've only seen them from "the lawn" and paid 25-30 bucks. Probably gonna drop more for decent seats when it comes around. I'm always for more 70's material so I'm hoping it swings back that way after the Clockwork tour.
It might get a little more expensive but there is only so big of a Rush fanbase.

PVH5150
03-20-2014, 04:49 PM
I mean some people even like Hold Your Fire which I find inexplicable.

Save for Tai Shan, there's nothing wrong with HYF. Hearing "Mission" & "Time Stand Still on the Time Machine tour was awesome and "Force Ten" being resurrected on the last tour was a nice surprise.

PVH5150
03-20-2014, 05:00 PM
Song I wouldn't mind being resurrected/debuted, realistically.

Time & Motion
Mystic Rhythms
Lock & Key
Show Don't Tell
Neurotica
Animate
Kid Gloves
The Main Monkey Business
One Little Victory
I Think I'm Going Bald (full step down)
Fly By Night (full step down)

anomynous
03-20-2014, 07:22 PM
They should do "leave that thing alone"

dredg822
03-20-2014, 07:24 PM
Sweet. My wife's dad has seen them over 100 times since they first started. I'm sure we'll be there for at least one show.

slapguitarer
03-20-2014, 08:05 PM
They should do "leave that thing alone"

They played it on the Time Machine tour

I'd love to hear Xanadu and/or both books of Cygnus X-1

snowdog2112
03-20-2014, 08:10 PM
Save for Tai Shan, there's nothing wrong with HYF. Hearing "Mission" & "Time Stand Still on the Time Machine tour was awesome and "Force Ten" being resurrected on the last tour was a nice surprise.
Always wish they would try Second Nature in concert or bring back Turn The Page a great live tune

maidenpriest
03-20-2014, 11:19 PM
I'm still waiting for the resurrection of Jacob's Ladder...just saying. Also, would love to see Cygnus X-1 be brought back in its entirety. I feel like most fans understand that Geddy's voice can't handle the old material, but they still really want to hear it live.

TonyD
03-21-2014, 01:26 AM
They played it on the Time Machine tour

I'd love to hear Xanadu and/or both books of Cygnus X-1

I'm still waiting for the resurrection of Jacob's Ladder...just saying. Also, would love to see Cygnus X-1 be brought back in its entirety. I feel like most fans understand that Geddy's voice can't handle the old material, but they still really want to hear it live.

Yes and yes. Shit I'd like to hear anything pre-Moving Pictures besides the regulars.

MetalIsArt
03-21-2014, 03:54 AM
I like most eras of Rush.

But I'm not a troo progrock fan.

toolfansat
03-21-2014, 06:29 AM
I know it won't happen but "2112" in its entirety would be orgasmic!

Sanitarium78
03-21-2014, 07:08 AM
I would be great if they toured again next year that's for sure. All three are in their 60s now, you never know when it might be the last tour when bands reach that age. So any time Rush wants to announce another tour is fine by me.

I hope nobody gets their hopes up too high when it comes to hearing more songs from the 70s. I would love if they included a few more tunes from that time but realistically, we all know Geddy can't pull that stuff off anymore. Even with tuning the songs down, Geddy will still have to sing the songs at a very high range and in the end that will not help his voice on a long tour. He needs to make sure his vocal chords can handle a whole tour and not destroy them half way through because some fans can't give up on the idea of wanting more 70s material. Now, if it's their last tour and Geddy is sure he'll never sing in public again after it's over, I say go for it.

Wrecking Crew
03-21-2014, 09:01 AM
I know it won't happen but "2112" in its entirety would be orgasmic!

They did that on the '96-'97 tour. Spoiler alert: It was awesome!

toolfansat
03-21-2014, 09:52 AM
They did that on the '96-'97 tour. Spoiler alert: It was awesome!

Dammit! It figures - this is the only recent tour of theirs that I missed! :bouville:

Sanitarium78
03-21-2014, 11:38 AM
I saw them three times on the Test For Echo tour. It was great for the dedicated fan to hear that whole song. The problem is, at all three shows I was at nobody gave a shit about the song after Temples was done. Pretty much dead silence until Grand Finale kicked in and here I was thinking it was one of those tunes everyone wanted to hear in full. I guess that desire wasn't as bad as the band and some fans thought it was. That was also the last tour where Geddy could do the 70s material justice with his vocals.