PDA

View Full Version : Whiskeydick NA 2014 tour

christopher
03-16-2014, 02:59 PM
Not sure how many people will care about this, but Whiskeydick consists of two metal heads playing country music. They wrote one of the best tributes to Dimebag here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU2whxD_2jE) I've been waiting about 7 years to see them and they are finally playing in California! Check it out if you get a chance!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-9/q71/s720x720/1798667_678419102223086_1119763390_n.jpg

MPF
03-16-2014, 03:08 PM
That's a lot of great dates, but that is pretty fucked when Montana has double the tour dates that Minnesota has.

christopher
03-16-2014, 03:14 PM
That's a lot of great dates, but that is pretty fucked when Montana has double the tour dates that Minnesota has.

I don't see any Minnesota dates on there. Did they mess up the flyer? There is a good scene for these bands in Montana right now. I always trip out that these bands would rather go through Montana than come to California.

MPF
03-16-2014, 03:26 PM
I don't see any Minnesota dates on there. Did they mess up the flyer? There is a good scene for these bands in Montana right now. I always trip out that these bands would rather go through Montana than come to California.

That's what I meant, 2 MT shows, 0 MN shows. So double.

I've heard a lot about these guys and got so excited when I saw you post the tour, then let down that there was nothing.

Looking it over again i read it wrong and there is THREE shows in Montana. Just blows my mind, but hey if Montana is starting to get a good music scene, more power to them.

christopher
03-16-2014, 03:29 PM
That's what I meant, 2 MT shows, 0 MN shows. So double.

I've heard a lot about these guys and got so excited when I saw you post the tour, then let down that there was nothing.

Looking it over again i read it wrong and there is THREE shows in Montana. Just blows my mind, but hey if Montana is starting to get a good music scene, more power to them.

How far away from the Wisconsin shows are you? They also say there is another show that is going to be added on 4-27, hopefully they come your way that day.

MPF
03-16-2014, 03:56 PM
How far away from the Wisconsin shows are you? They also say there is another show that is going to be added on 4-27, hopefully they come your way that day.

Both shows are about 4-5 hours away sadly. Considering almost all the shows I go to are 30 miles away tops, that's a bit too far for me to enjoy.

It would be nice if that last TBA show comes here, but that would really suck for them to drive to Chicago then the Twin Cities and then back over to Green Bay.

slapguitarer
03-16-2014, 04:18 PM
So people actually live in Montana? I just thought it was a place we kept surplus cattle...

christopher
03-16-2014, 05:42 PM
So people actually live in Montana? I just thought it was a place we kept surplus cattle...

Yeah, 1 million people live in Montana. It's a really beautiful state. I wanted to go up to Missoula, MT last summer for Farmageddon Fest. Pentagram, Weedeater, The Goddamn Gallows, Whiskeydick and a lot of others played it.

TonyD
03-16-2014, 07:02 PM

It was until Frank Zappa wrote a song about it.

christopher
03-29-2014, 11:09 PM
I saw Whiskeydick tonight and they were fucking awesome! It was like Pantera on acoustic guitars with occasional distortion. I saw them on the wrong show because they opened and played for 20 minutes. Go see them if you can!