PDA

View Full Version : New Tool Album This Year...Probably Still Not, But A Possiblity

300%_Density
03-07-2014, 11:11 AM
I don't believe this because I'm far past cynical when hearing about a new album but this is something I suppose. I looked and I didn't know if there was an old thread for this already or not.

Link (http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/tool-guitarist-says-new-album-ready-for-2014-release/)

Some scoffed when reports surfaced in July of last year that Tool were planning on releasing their highly anticipated follow-up to 2006′s macabre tour-de-force, 10,000 Days, in early 2014, but according to guitarist Adam Jones, the album is complete and will arrive later this year.

As Crave Online Australia reports, Jones told an unnamed fan attending a pre-show VIP meet-and-greet in Portland, Oregon on Thursday afternoon that the notoriously uncompromising outfit’s fifth studio album is “one-hundred percent done” and should arrive later in the year.

Besides talk of different time signatures explored on the new album, details at this time are scant. Frontman Maynard James Keenan sent fans into a tailspin of excitement last September after taking to Instagram to tell his adoring hordes that “Music is happening on ALL fronts. Always.”

Meanwhile, A Perfect Circle guitarist and co-founder Billy Howerdel endorsed the frontman’s characteristically cryptic social media missive by telling Rolling Stone that work on a new A Perfect Circle album could not begin as bandmate Maynard was stuck in “in full Tool mode right now.”

Many fans were left confused about the status of the new, as yet untitled album after multiple reports indicated that while the band had begun proceedings, Maynard was yet to join them. While appearing on the WTF Podcast, Maynard told host Marc Maron that he would soon enter the studio.

Back in October, a band insider took to the official Tool website to tell fans, “I am happy to report that there has indeed been a lot of progress as far as new material goes, especially with the lengthy so-called “epic’ piece that the guys have been arranging for quite some time now.”

detuned
03-07-2014, 11:18 AM
adam jones already clarified what he said, and he was kidding

300%_Density
03-07-2014, 11:20 AM
adam jones already clarified what he said, and he was kidding

And this is why Tool continuously pisses me off anymore.

slapguitarer
03-07-2014, 11:21 AM
At this point they should just break up, come back in like 5-10 years with the new material then make fucking BANK.

detuned
03-07-2014, 11:23 AM
nah this is why the average tool fans are fucking morons

heres to them never releasing a new album or changing their setlist

TROOL ON TOOL!

detuned
03-07-2014, 11:24 AM
At this point they should just break up, come back in like 5-10 years with the new material then make fucking BANK.
because they dont make bank now?

Derelict
03-07-2014, 11:26 AM
Gee, and "un-named fan at a VIP meet and greet" seemed like such a reliable source

slapguitarer
03-07-2014, 11:27 AM
because they dont make bank now?

Not that they don't, but that'd make them more than they already do.

detuned
03-07-2014, 11:28 AM
TROOL ON TOOL!
typo, but i actually like that better

coined, copywrited, give me credit or else

Coma323
03-07-2014, 01:03 PM
Why they thought this was a credible source was beyond me. I'm sure everyone asks them all the time about new music so if I was in the band I was kid around with the answer all the time just because.

Natrlhi
03-07-2014, 06:25 PM

They've been this way since day one. Where have you been?

In other news, the album is coming out this year. I'm calling it. Now everybody just shut the fuck up and quit your bitching. Listen to something else until the new TOOL album drops, and then listen to that. That'll give you all something brand new to whine about, I'm sure. :rolleyes:

adamclark52
03-07-2014, 07:02 PM
I really like Tool. I like their music and I like their videos. But I think I may like how they fuck with everybody even more.

MPF
03-07-2014, 08:55 PM
http://vogeltalksrving.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/nelson_haha2.jpg

300%_Density
03-07-2014, 09:18 PM
They've been this way since day one. Where have you been?

I think it's more the length of time they've been w/o an album plus the act of screwing w/ our fans and not releasing shit for another few years is just kinda worn out to me.

Yes they've all had other stuff they are busy w/. And Nat I know you are probably a way bigger Tool fan than I am so maybe it's not as big of a deal to you. Agree to disagree. I just hope it's better than 10,000 Days.

marker
03-08-2014, 09:45 AM
It won't be out this year, probably next year. I know, shocking.

Just because they are taking what the market will bear doesn't mean they can't play a bit longer. Too bad the fans still fork out the money for these guys.

adamclark52
03-11-2014, 12:11 PM
Maynards house is pretty awesome. (http://www.metalsucks.net/2014/03/11/maynard-tool-interior-decorator/)

InFlamesOfBirchmen
03-11-2014, 03:04 PM
Maynards house is pretty awesome. (http://www.metalsucks.net/2014/03/11/maynard-tool-interior-decorator/)

I'd be disappointed if it looked normal.

Nausea
07-01-2014, 06:45 PM
Anyone see Adam Jones facebook post today? \m/

http://loudwire.com/tool-adam-jones-shares-video-new-guitar-riff/

:rocker: