PDA

View Full Version : Ted Nugent -- Cincinatti, OH -- August 22nd, 2005

DethMaiden
08-23-2005, 05:46 PM
Wow, wow, wow. What can I say. This was a night of hair-raising rock and roll to remember. I'll do my best to recall the whole night to all of you and hopefully I'll get some feedback, cos this isn't gonna be easy to review.

The opening band Thruster went on at 8 PM sharp. They are a local Cincy band dating back to the 80s and were basically the American culmination of the whole NWOBHM. I didn't recognize their four or five originals, but here are their titles, as well as the cover tunes they did. These were all big singalongs, and the group were pretty skilled.

Accelerator
Balls to the Wall (Accept cover)
Screams of Pain
Enemy
Can U Deliver (Armored Saint cover)
Losing My Soul
Wrathchild (Iron Maiden cover)
Don't Ever Give In
Master of Puppets (Metallica cover)

Thruster left, the roadies entered, and within fifteen to twenty minutes, the Motor City Madman himself came onto the stage, electrifying the crowd with two hours of guitar solos, rock n' roll, the Spirit of the Wild, and the most foul and politically incorrect redneck mouth I have heard in my life. Before I give you the set, I'll tell you that he hates most everyone not American. A few quotes: To Japan: "If you try to take over America, we will fucking melt you.", to his idea of hippies: "To those of you who think animals have rights, fuck you." and of course the one that applied to me and I found funny: "I see some younger guys out here, and you're in for a treat, because only at an Uncle Ted show will everyone under 15 get a free fucking machine gun!" He also shot a flaming arrow from a crossbow into the heart of a giant Saddam Hussein. So now for the setlist, it was a good one, but keep in mind, many of these turned into twelve minute jam sessions.

Star Spangled Banner
Free for All
Wango Tango
Motor City Madhouse
Wang Dang Sweet Poontang
Weekend Warror
Dog Eat Dog
Klstrphnky
Rawdogs and Warthogs
Crave
My Baby Likes My Butter on Her Gritz
Soul Man
Hey Baby
Baby Please Don't Go
Kiss My Ass
Fred Bear
Cat Scratch Fever

Encore:
Stranglehold
Great White Buffalo

I bought a tour shirt with him playing with an American flag on the front and his eagle guitar logo with tour dates 2005 on the back. Great night, please comment! :horns:

Maiden33
08-23-2005, 05:55 PM
Sexy. :)

EvilCheeseWedge
08-23-2005, 06:13 PM
Glad you had a good time :party:

I've never been able to get into the Nuge.

lokia
08-23-2005, 06:58 PM
I am really glad you liked the show, bro. (Personally, I'd like to beat TN to death with my battle mace, but that's me. :D )

DethMaiden
08-24-2005, 02:28 AM
Well, I guess the consensus is that Nugent isn't popular on this board. Oh well, at least you're happy that I had fun :party:

Maideneer
08-24-2005, 05:56 AM
I saw Ted once. He put on a good show not to mention it was the LOUDEST THING I have ever heard.

I like when singers shoot their mouths off, and this is certainly no exception.

DethMaiden
08-24-2005, 01:25 PM
I forgot one of Thruster's songs, I'm now gonna edit the post and add it in. This was a really good one.

DethMaiden
08-24-2005, 01:32 PM
I saw Ted once. He put on a good show not to mention it was the LOUDEST THING I have ever heard.

I like when singers shoot their mouths off, and this is certainly no exception.

It was very loud. :rockdevil

hot_turkey_ed
08-24-2005, 01:57 PM
UNCLE TED! :usa:

ADD
08-24-2005, 02:27 PM
I would have rather seen Thruster, looking at the setlist:lol: Glad it was fun though:)

DethMaiden
08-24-2005, 03:08 PM
UNCLE TED! :usa:

You saw him too this tour, right?

DethMaiden
08-24-2005, 03:09 PM
I would have rather seen Thruster, looking at the setlist:lol: Glad it was fun though:)

That's what I told Jeff (Maiden33 on here, BloodBrother35 on the IMBB). :lol: They were actually really good.

The singer said, "Anybody heard of a band called Iron Maiden?" After deafening applause, he says, "We don't know any of their stuff, I just though I'd ask." before Wrathchild. :lol: That was awesome.

Maideneer
08-24-2005, 03:10 PM
He's playing soon over here, but it's like $40. Too much for me.

DethMaiden
08-24-2005, 03:12 PM
He's playing soon over here, but it's like $40. Too much for me.

$25 a pop for me :horns: