PDA

View Full Version : Queensryche vs. Geoff Tate Over The Rights To The Band's Name (No Update - 4/21/14)

Travis The Dragon
02-16-2014, 01:41 PM
YES, ANOTHER FUCKING QUEENSRYCHE THREAD!!!

In the tour thread, I did say a couple times I would start another thread about this particular subject when this was resolved. Well, I think we're close enough to that as you will see.

If you go here (http://www.anybodylistening.net/breakdownroom/index.php?topic=2906.0) and scroll all the way down, you will see that a settlement is in fact very close to being worked out. Hopefully we will get the final results of that soon and this won't have to go to trial.

John The Drummer
02-16-2014, 01:44 PM
http://static4.fjcdn.com/comments/Get+_1376b1da99e0dc739180bfa45e9f9701.jpg

Sanitarium78
02-16-2014, 01:49 PM
Why don't you just wait for the settlement to be final before starting a thread about it or would that make too much sense? There isn't anything to discuss really. Once the ruling comes down there will be one Queensryche and that will be the end of it.

mankvill
02-16-2014, 02:17 PM
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? Iíll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and Iíve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and Iím the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. Youíre fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and thatís just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little ďcleverĒ comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldnít, you didnít, and now youíre paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. Youíre fucking dead, kiddo.

Breaking The Law
02-16-2014, 02:23 PM
http://static4.fjcdn.com/comments/Get+_1376b1da99e0dc739180bfa45e9f9701.jpg

Well done....

Steev
02-16-2014, 02:31 PM
I couldn't even read all of that, the yellow made my brain hurt

Nater
02-16-2014, 02:34 PM
God damn it I love Navy Seals

300%_Density
02-16-2014, 03:23 PM
Idk what that said. But it's yellow and now I'm angry for some reason.

dcmetal108
02-16-2014, 04:09 PM
Manks is the greatest for posting that.

DisposableJustice
02-16-2014, 04:26 PM
goddamn it Travis the Fonz Dragon

300%_Density
02-16-2014, 04:47 PM
gorilla warfare

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-DJDrydm1Xd0/T_n8c5UtWwI/AAAAAAAAAWQ/Elg8XhNuOXM/s1600/Guerilla+Warfare.jpg

mankvill
02-16-2014, 04:48 PM
3RFl1_gwNxI

Onioner
02-17-2014, 07:55 AM
Todd LaTorre definitely just "liked" a photo that I posted of Metal Church last night on Facebook. I am not "friends" with Todd LaTorre on Facebook.

You know what? I give up. Queensryche is a greater force than any of us can ever imagine. They are omnipresent. They exist in every sphere of the interwebs and are watching our every move.

I submit to thee Fonzryche the Dragonqueen. I welcome our new overlords and accept their new dictatertotship over our online lives.

But seriously though, Todd "liking" my photo is pretty cool, if not really really random as shit.

ravenheart
02-17-2014, 07:59 AM
But seriously though, Todd "liking" my photo is pretty cool, if not really really random as shit.

Did you tag Metal Church or a member of Metal Church in it?

Onioner
02-17-2014, 08:02 AM
Did you tag Metal Church or a member of Metal Church in it?

Yeah, I tagged Ronny. Woke up to 31 likes mostly from people I've never met. I know that tagging Ronny explains it, but I thought it still made for a fun post.

marker
02-17-2014, 08:38 AM
I couldn't even read all of that, the yellow made my brain hurt

Same here. That picture rules though.

Travis The Dragon
02-20-2014, 02:26 PM
And even more time is needed to work out a settlement!: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/geoff-tate-and-former-bandmates-request-four-more-weeks-to-hammer-out-queensryche-settlement/

Wrecking Crew
02-21-2014, 08:01 AM
I have been offered a comp ticket from a friend of mine to Queensryche/Todd's show in Wendover, NV in two weeks and am debating going, it's a few hours from me. Have they been playing any Rage For Order songs in their sets with him? For some reason Tate never seemed to do those songs. The only Queensryche albums I really liked were Rage For Order and Mindcrime, although I would give their new stuff a chance, plus it's always nice to have an excuse to gamble.

Travis The Dragon
02-21-2014, 01:16 PM
I have been offered a comp ticket from a friend of mine to Queensryche/Todd's show in Wendover, NV in two weeks and am debating going, it's a few hours from me. Have they been playing any Rage For Order songs in their sets with him? For some reason Tate never seemed to do those songs. The only Queensryche albums I really liked were Rage For Order and Mindcrime, although I would give their new stuff a chance, plus it's always nice to have an excuse to gamble.

Here (http://www.anybodylistening.net/breakdownroom/index.php?topic=2881.0) are tons of setlists from the tour.

ravenheart
02-21-2014, 01:27 PM

They are absolutely worth seeing if you like Queensryche. Todd does a great job with all the songs. I would like more Rage For Order songs than they're doing, but it doesn't matter, still go.

rjturtle9
02-21-2014, 07:42 PM
They are absolutely worth seeing if you like Queensryche. Todd does a great job with all the songs. I would like more Rage For Order songs than they're doing, but it doesn't matter, still go.

This. Saw them last night. Set was cut by like 4 songs, and it was still epic!

Wrecking Crew
02-24-2014, 07:59 AM
Thanks for the setlist link, it looks interesting enough that I will go, have never seen them with a non-Mindcrime themed setlist. I will post a review, probably the only review that will ever be on this site from Wendover, NV. :D

mankvill
02-24-2014, 08:07 AM
XAW_Re6azEg

Wrecking Crew
02-24-2014, 02:16 PM
So this is interesting, I just looked up info on the concert I am going to attend in two weeks in Wendover, NV and have discovered it's not the Todd version, it's the Geoff Tate version. I thought this had been resolved recently and there was only one Queensryche again. Apparently Geoff Tate still has the rights to queensryche.com. I guess the good news is this tour of Tate's is being billed as the Mindcrime 25th anniversary tour and I do love me some Mindcrime.

ravenheart
02-24-2014, 02:20 PM
It's easy to work that kind of shit out... you just look on the right website :hecho:

Travis The Dragon
03-25-2014, 06:48 PM
Eddy at the Breakdown Room makes some very interesting points!

"There are just 13 more days to go before the trial. Time is running out.

We have seen no sign of a continuation request. The other continuations were granted 21 days (Jan 6 / Jan 27), 20 days (Jan 21 / Feb 10) and 20 days (Feb 11 / Mar 3) before the trial was scheduled, so another continuance would probably have been requested around March 18 and the legal documents arranging that should have surfaced by now.

For another continuance, the judge must be absolutely convinced that this time they are really close to a settlement. After all, on February 11, the lawyers of both parties indicated that they "are close to reaching a settlement". It wouldn't look very good if they came back five weeks later and said: "No, I mean, uh, we were like "close", right? But uh, you know, this time... well, we are really really close. Seriously you guys!"

Hellfest has been cancelled. (Tate's QR show on June 20th)

Cruise to the Edge has not been canceled even though to me, performing on a cruise ship off of the coast of Florida seems kind of difficult while you're sitting in a courtroom in Seattle."

www.anybodylistening.net/breakdownroom/index.php?topic=2864.msg124925#msg124925

I've got a good feeling that a settlement is coming within the next 2 weeks!

Travis The Dragon
03-26-2014, 03:37 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention that Cruise To The Edge is on April 7th, the same day that the case is supposed to go to trial if a settlement isn't reached.

Travis The Dragon
04-07-2014, 01:37 PM
A pretty major update!

From: http://eddietrunk.com/46-back-from-portland-seattle-ace-hof-tms-more/

Just back from a busy weekend in the Pacific NW with Don & Jim doing our live stage show. These are so much fun and itís been great to meet so many TMS fans as well as fans of my radio shows. We each do 20 minutes on stage of stories and comedy, then a Q&A with the audience, then a little live trivia with prizes. Usually bands play when we are done. Saturday in Seattle we had a sold out crowd 700 strong at Studio 7. Michael Wilton and Parker Lundgren of Queensryche jumped on stage with us for some Q&A as well. They said the name decision with the two bands is very close to being announced. Last night was another great gig in Portland at Tonic Lounge. Smaller club but also a great turn out and tons of fun with some cool local live acts after we left the stage. Thanks to all who came to these gigs. We have more being added based on our schedule. They are listed on the home page under Appearances as they are confirmed. Remember NONE are TMS tapings. Special thanks to promoter Tony Lopez for taking good care of this on this latest run. Next up, this weekend, we come to Mexico City and Puebla! Mexican fans so supportive of TMS so canít wait. Dates on the home page.

Travis The Dragon
04-19-2014, 02:45 PM
From: http://www.examiner.com/article/second-coming-queensr-che-guitarist-michael-wilton-talks-touring-new-music
Do you have an update on when we can expect a resolution on the dual versions of the band?

That’s coming up. What I can say is that both sides have reached an amicable settlement and it’s now just a matter of time. There will be an official press release but for now, you’ll have to wait.

I sure hope it's not too much longer before an official statement is released! I know some on here don't really care, but personally, the wait is killing me!

ravenheart
04-19-2014, 04:21 PM
The most surprising part of this whole thing? That everyone let you get away with saying the previous post was a "major update" when it was clearly EXACTLY THE SAME situation as the previous two months and you were clearly just being an obsessed loser.

Also, that it doesn't matter in the least because it's very obvious that the La Torre-fronted band will continue to use the name and they're paying Geoff off.

Travis The Dragon
04-19-2014, 06:12 PM
Well, it seemed like a pretty major update since they said a decision was "VERY CLOSE" to being announced.

Coma323
04-19-2014, 07:25 PM
Just saw them tonight and they were awesome. Setlist was fantastic and Todd kills it on everything.

ravenheart
04-20-2014, 02:39 AM
Well, it seemed like a pretty major update since they said a decision was "VERY CLOSE" to being announced.

Why? They'd been saying that for weeks. Absolutely nothing had changed. No update to this is "major" except the decision itself.

Travis The Dragon
04-20-2014, 02:31 PM
Why? They'd been saying that for weeks. Absolutely nothing had changed. No update to this is "major" except the decision itself.

Up until the item I posted on the 7th with the Q and A Michael Wilton and Parker Lundgren, they never said what I quoted there. Show me where in the weeks before that, they actually said a decision was "very close" to being made about this.

ravenheart
04-20-2014, 02:34 PM
Up until the item I posted on the 7th with the Q and A Michael Wilton and Parker Lundgren, they never said what I quoted there. Show me where in the weeks before that, they actually said a decision was "very close" to being made about this.

Geoff did, on more than one occasion. I'm pretty sure one of 'ryche did too. I can't be bothered to find the link because I'm not 12.

Sanitarium78
04-20-2014, 06:04 PM
Saying that they're "very close" to making and announcement isn't an update because there's nothing new to report. Only when the lawsuit is settled will there be any news.

kalfitegrdan
04-20-2014, 07:44 PM

You're like fucking CNN covering that Malaysian plane thing. Every stupid minor detail is "BREAKING NEWS."

MetalIsArt
04-21-2014, 02:43 AM
You're like fucking CNN covering that Malaysian plane thing. Every stupid minor detail is "BREAKING NEWS."

Yeah, I got bored of that as well.

It's not even in the water, but stationed somewhere. And don't tell me that least the Malasian government doesn't know it.

Wrecking Crew
04-21-2014, 07:26 AM
A pretty major update!

From: http://eddietrunk.com/46-back-from-portland-seattle-ace-hof-tms-more/

I think everyone is missing the big picture in Travis' latest update. People are actually paying to see Eddie Trunk! What has happened to society???

John The Drummer
04-21-2014, 08:16 AM
THIS JUST IN FOLKS! WE ARE ONE DAY CLOSER TO SOMETHING BEING DECIDED! WE DON'T KNOW WHEN THE EXACT DATE IS, BUT EITHER WAY, WE ARE ONE DAY CLOSER! STAY TUNED TO DEVOSDESTROYS FOR THE LATEST UPDATES!!!!!

MetalIsArt
04-21-2014, 09:50 AM
This just in folks...

Nobody cares.

Geoff Tate will sue everybody for this.

Travis The Dragon
04-21-2014, 12:46 PM
If no one cared, they wouldn't even click this thread to look at it. Yet, it has over 1,400 views.

John The Drummer
04-21-2014, 12:48 PM
I wonder when Geoff Tate is going to change his name to Geoff Taint.

The_jman
04-21-2014, 01:02 PM
I'm pretty sure all the views came from the stuff manks posted earlier and all the snarky comments you've received, which by the way, are hilarious.

mankvill
04-21-2014, 01:20 PM
why are people still getting angry over the fonz doing this :hecho:

it should be second nature to expect it now!

fonzy, keep on keepin on

ravenheart
04-21-2014, 01:52 PM
If no one cared, they wouldn't even click this thread to look at it. Yet, it has over 1,400 views.

It's not so much that people don't care. If for no other reason everyone wants a good laugh at the outcome. The views you refer to are people clicking on the thread thinking there'll actually be an update, only to see another of your fanboy obsession posts with zero new information.

hot_turkey_ed
04-21-2014, 05:16 PM
Closing thread. Fair point on the trolling.

:allan: