PDA

View Full Version : Concert intermission songs you're completely goddamn sick of...

Maideneer
02-05-2014, 06:11 PM
Back In Black
Sweet Child O'Garbage
Hells Bells
You Shook Me All Night Long
Welcome To The Jungle
Run To The Hills
Breaking The Law
Living After Midnight

Please list more, I know there's a ton.

mankvill
02-05-2014, 06:12 PM
if Metallica is ending their set with Seek and Destroy, I'm halfway to my car in the parking lot by the time they reach the guitar solos

AnthG
02-05-2014, 06:26 PM
Walk

But really most of the overplayed intermission songs take place at the big arena and amphitheatre shows, which I don't attend as often as I used to.

Maideneer
02-05-2014, 06:28 PM
Walk

But really most of the overplayed intermission songs take place at the big arena and amphitheatre shows, which I don't attend as often as I used to.

I feel you on Walk. And yea, usually it's the audio guys who don't know what metal is for some reason and think AC/DC is the end all be all to music.

I'm at Amon Amarth right now and I've heard Judas Priest Hell Patrol 4 TIMES!

AnthG
02-05-2014, 06:35 PM
I saw the Agonist 4 or 5 days after Jeff Hanneman died and I think I heard Raining Blood somewhere between 10-15 times

Maideneer
02-05-2014, 06:36 PM
Unacceptable!

300%_Density
02-05-2014, 06:48 PM
if Metallica is ending their set with Seek and Destroy, I'm halfway to my car in the parking lot by the time they reach the guitar solos

But that's when I got my Metallica beach ball in 2008.

adamclark52
02-05-2014, 07:13 PM
Since I know you'll all be listening, if you ever go to see Bon Jovi listen for them to play Highway to Hell while you're waiting for the show to start. They go on after that song.

Maideneer
02-05-2014, 07:15 PM
Bob Jovi lol. Caught ya ;)

Anyway, good one. HTH is ridic overplayed.

BloodoftheKings
02-05-2014, 07:19 PM
Walk

Cowboys From Hell too.

PVH5150
02-05-2014, 07:20 PM
Black Dog.

I could happily go the rest of my life without hearing any of Zeppelin's classic rawk radio tunes again.

Datjazzfusion
02-05-2014, 07:25 PM
Black Dog.

I could happily go the rest of my life without hearing any of Zeppelin's classic rawk radio tunes again.

With the exception of Dazed and Confused. Always :lovedup:

Maideneer
02-05-2014, 07:26 PM
Awesome call. Totally forgot about Zep, prob cause I'm tanked. Although I could hear Achilles Last Stand forever and be fine with it. Everything else is really average. Black Dog, RNR, Stairway, Dyer, Ocean, Misty Mountain etc. just doesn't hit home.

Maideneer
02-05-2014, 07:31 PM
Crap...forgot Paranoid.

HackedUpForBBQ
02-05-2014, 08:22 PM
I'm at Amon Amarth right now and I've heard Judas Priest Hell Patrol 4 TIMES!

A song that awesome deserves four plays

kalfitegrdan
02-05-2014, 10:49 PM
Not specific songs, but it'd be awesome to never hear any Pantera, Lamb of God, Devildriver or early 2000s metalcore while bands are setting up ever again. So many venues do that here.

energymetal14
02-05-2014, 11:12 PM
Not specific songs, but it'd be awesome to never hear any Pantera, Lamb of God, Devildriver or early 2000s metalcore while bands are setting up ever again. So many venues do that here.

This all the way. Especially Pantera, if I have to hear them again in between bands I'm gonna destroy the speakers and punch whoever is doing the soundboard. Not really but I'm sick of hearing them at every bigger metal show.

Good call on AC/DC too. The Palladium is a huge offender for Pantera and AC/DC, I swear I hear the same songs in between bands EVERY time I'm there. I haven't been in almost a year though, and no shows in the future there interest me :party: sick of that place.

dcmetal108
02-05-2014, 11:55 PM

Or it could be like HOB or Bottomlounge that play random rap songs during every metal show.

kalfitegrdan
02-06-2014, 12:58 AM
Or it could be like HOB or Bottomlounge that play random rap songs during every metal show.

I'd prefer that. The funniest was before Eluveitie at Bottom Lounge. They played rap after the opener, Conducting From the Grave and a bunch of deathcore after the second band and a mix of dubstep and popular dance music before Eluveitie. House of Blues normally plays a bunch of Pantera and metalcore when I'm there.

Coma323
02-06-2014, 02:42 AM
Some bands have their own playlist for the tour while setting up. I've noticed that seeing bands multiple times in a row that the same songs are played prior to their set.

ravenheart
02-06-2014, 03:12 AM
We don't get anywhere near the same repetition you do, apparently. Most venues in London below about 1000 people play pretty unknown stuff as a means of promoting it.

Bigger stuff, yeah they play more well known things, but usually bands arrive with a playlist of intermission music, rather than letting big venues who know shit about rock choose the stuff.

HackedUpForBBQ
02-06-2014, 08:05 AM
This thread reminds me of seeing Type O Negative in 2007. As TON was setting up, they had "What's New Pussycat?" playing over the speakers on loop for at least a half hour. People in the audience were legit getting pissed. Then, all of a sudden, "Walk" started playing and everyone in unison went "YEAH!!!" Before the vocals even kicked in, though, "Walk" was stopped and it was right back to Tom Jones. The audience this time went "Ooohhhh!!!!" ha ha ha good memories

Maideneer
02-06-2014, 08:47 AM
This thread reminds me of seeing Type O Negative in 2007. As TON was setting up, they had "What's New Pussycat?" playing over the speakers on loop for at least a half hour. People in the audience were legit getting pissed. Then, all of a sudden, "Walk" started playing and everyone in unison went "YEAH!!!" Before the vocals even kicked in, though, "Walk" was stopped and it was right back to Tom Jones. The audience this time went "Ooohhhh!!!!" ha ha ha good memories

That's awesome haha.

mankvill
02-06-2014, 12:14 PM

-rqQujx9vk0

HackedUpForBBQ
02-06-2014, 05:55 PM
-rqQujx9vk0

Hats off, friend

SomewhereInTime72
02-06-2014, 08:52 PM
Walk

This soooooo much.

mastodon421
02-08-2014, 07:41 AM
Anything by fucking AC/DC. Aside from that, the venues around here don't really overkill the same bands/songs during intermissions.

Sanitarium78
02-08-2014, 07:52 AM

I was at that show, right up front on the rail to. Not that it was hard to get that spot since the crowd wasn't too big to being with. My friend and I actually thought that was pretty funny when "Walk" stopped playing and they went right back to the Tom Jones song. Type O were known to be goofy, so I figured they were just ribbing the crowd by doing that.

HackedUpForBBQ
02-08-2014, 10:22 AM
I was at that show, right up front on the rail to. Not that it was hard to get that spot since the crowd wasn't too big to being with. My friend and I actually thought that was pretty funny when "Walk" stopped playing and they went right back to the Tom Jones song. Type O were known to be goofy, so I figured they were just ribbing the crowd by doing that.

Haha yeah they were definitely just being bastards and messing with people. I was right up front at the barricade too with my then girlfriend and we were both laughing at the people around us getting angry. Did you see them again in '08? It was terrible to see how Peter deteriorated during that year, he looked just awful. He even had to have a lyric book in front of him if I remember correctly

adamclark52
02-08-2014, 12:02 PM
I was at the Mr. Bungle tour in 1999 where they played two hours of traditional Indian music before they came on. It was cool for about ten minutes, but by the end it was very, VERY old.

kalfitegrdan
02-08-2014, 06:02 PM
God dammit...Lamb of God at a brutal death show. You're usually good at this shit Cobra Lounge.

Edit: Now they're playing Darkthrone. Weird, but definitely better.