02-01-2014, 07:27 AM
*insert positive comment about this album*

Ommie
02-01-2014, 08:57 AM
*insert positive comment about this album*

Srsly tho this album rules.

El Gordo
02-01-2014, 10:45 AM
It's OK. Hardly worth remembering though.

mankvill
02-01-2014, 11:25 AM
It's OK. Hardly worth remembering though.

It's the most important pop punk album of all time and one of the most important albums of the 90s. It's not a stretch to say that Dookie catapulted punk music back into mainstream consciousness.

elturtleboy
02-01-2014, 11:45 AM
After Nirvana and the whole Grunge era,the mainstream was interested in Punk . Thats what they wanted. The bands that got mainstream attention was Green Day,Offspring,Bad Religion,Pennywise,Rancid,AFI,and some shitty band called Blink 182.

This was the album that made Green Day who they were and did in fact change Punk forever. Possibly the first band to get filth rich playing Punk. This is the album that made a name for themselves(hell people still think it's their first album). I can honestly say hearing my older sister play Green Day when I was 5-9 years old as the start for my love of Punk Rock. Green Day will always be a band I respect and love. Hate em all you want. This album rules and Green Day is the only mainstream Pop Punk band that matters. Billie Joe is still an inspiration.

mankvill
02-01-2014, 11:56 AM
After Nirvana and the whole Grunge era,the mainstream was interested in Punk . Thats what they wanted. The bands that got mainstream attention was Green Day,Offspring,Bad Religion,Pennywise,Rancid,AFI,and some shitty band called Blink 182.

This was the album that made Green Day who they were and did in fact change Punk forever. Possibly the first band to get filth rich playing Punk. This is the album that made a name for themselves(hell people still think it's their first album). I can honestly say hearing my older sister play Green Day when I was 5-9 years old as the start for my love of Punk Rock. Green Day will always be a band I respect and love. Hate em all you want. This album rules and Green Day is the only mainstream Pop Punk band that matters. Billie Joe is still an inspiration.

Too bad they split up in 2002 after International Superhits came out. Oh well.

El Gordo
02-01-2014, 12:00 PM
It's the most important pop punk album of all time and one of the most important albums of the 90s. It's not a stretch to say that Dookie catapulted punk music back into mainstream consciousness.

I don't care if it rolls over and plays dead, it's still not that good.

As far as "catapulting punk music back into mainstream consciousness", Nirvana took care of that a few years earlier. Dookie was a big album, to be sure. Most kids growing up in the 90's probably owned it. I even owned it at one time. But to consider it a groundbreaking or important album is seriously stretching the definitions of both words.

elturtleboy
02-01-2014, 12:10 PM
Too bad they split up in 2002 after International Superhits came out. Oh well.

Not gonna lie. The popular singles (except September) in American Idiot were great along with St. Jimmy. And I loved Uno.

As far as "catapulting punk music back into mainstream consciousness", Nirvana took care of that a few years earlier. Dookie was a big album, to be sure. Most kids growing up in the 90's probably owned it. I even owned it at one time. But to consider it a groundbreaking or important album is seriously stretching the definitions of both words.

Theres a good chance Punk would be a forgotten lost genre without this. You know all those stupid Fashion Street Punx with their Casualties shirts that are always shitting on Green Day? Theres a chance they wouldn't exist without this album. It's ok to hate this album(especially for making Punk safe and enjoyable to old ladies) but this was definitely important.

mankvill
02-01-2014, 12:54 PM

I'm not saying it's groundbreaking, but it is important. Nirvana was not punk. Nirvana helped grunge into the mainstream that had a trickle-down effect (barely) on punk music. This is the album that made punk okay to play on the radio and on MTV.

Dextrimental
02-01-2014, 02:01 PM
I'm not saying it's groundbreaking, but it is important. Nirvana was not punk. Nirvana helped grunge into the mainstream that had a trickle-down effect (barely) on punk music. This is the album that made punk okay to play on the radio and on MTV.

Yes. They were.

Green Day, and this album, are hugely important for the fact that without them, and around 8/9 other bands, punk rock wouldn't be anywhere near as popular. Them and Nirvana are the Metallica and Iron Maiden of punk rock, they are still the gateway bands every 12 year old hears that makes them fall in love with punk music.

Not a huge Green Day fan at all, but this is a decent record. I was much more a Bad Religion and Nofx kid when I was 13/14, but I had an older sibling to show me the way.

mankvill
02-01-2014, 02:32 PM
Yes. They were.

Nirvana's "punk" sound is not what made them popular. Their grunge sound is.

ravenheart
02-01-2014, 02:52 PM
I can't last more than 10 seconds of this album.

mankvill
02-01-2014, 03:10 PM
I can't last more than 10 seconds of this album.

:cool:

elturtleboy
02-01-2014, 03:15 PM
Nirvana's "punk" sound is not what made them popular. Their grunge sound is.

Nirvana really wanted to be a Punk band but thats how the sound came out. Accidental genre pretty much.

mankvill
02-01-2014, 03:21 PM
Nirvana really wanted to be a Punk band but thats how the sound came out. Accidental genre pretty much.

True. I'm not saying they don't have some punk songs (Territorial Pissings alone should convince you of that) but to say they did as much for the punk genre which had receded back into the underground by 1994 that Dookie did is thilly!

Without Dookie, there probably wouldn't even be a blink-182 or the pop punk explosion of the late 90s/early 00s.

Dextrimental
02-01-2014, 03:57 PM
True. I'm not saying they don't have some punk songs (Territorial Pissings alone should convince you of that) but to say they did as much for the punk genre which had receded back into the underground by 1994 that Dookie did is thilly!

Without Dookie, there probably wouldn't even be a blink-182 or the pop punk explosion of the late 90s/early 00s.

Nirvana were a big part of it. Still a huge gateway band for punk rock, if even by proxy.

I'd disagree with the second part though, hugely. 'Cheshire Cat' came out in '95, 'Smash' came out in '94, 'Punk in Drublic' came out in '94 and 'Stranger Than Fiction' came out in '94. 'Dookie' was one of a good few records that was putting punk back on the map in a big way. It wasn't until 'Nimrod' that it become inevitable that Green Day would be mainstream for good, what with Time of Your Life and all. This album was part of a wave.

mankvill
02-01-2014, 04:25 PM
Nirvana were a big part of it. Still a huge gateway band for punk rock, if even by proxy.

I'd disagree with the second part though, hugely. 'Cheshire Cat' came out in '95, 'Smash' came out in '94, 'Punk in Drublic' came out in '94 and 'Stranger Than Fiction' came out in '94. 'Dookie' was one of a good few records that was putting punk back on the map in a big way. It wasn't until 'Nimrod' that it become inevitable that Green Day would be mainstream for good, what with Time of Your Life and all. This album was part of a wave.

It's not about who came first, it's about who made the biggest impact.

smearCampaign
02-01-2014, 04:44 PM
Ha. When dookie came out who would've thought they'd go on to write the most annoying cliche song played over photo montages at proms and graduations forever....

mankvill
02-01-2014, 04:45 PM
Ha. When dookie came out who would've thought they'd go on to write the most annoying cliche song played over photo montages at proms and graduations forever....

It was my sister's high school graduation song and 5 different people played covers of it at her graduation. Top lel.

300%_Density
02-01-2014, 05:19 PM
Conflicting. I still like this album.

But I hate so many of the bands that spawned from Green Day. It was one of the first cassettes that I ever bought (bought it same day as Get A Grip from Aerosmith). And I wore a lot of it out.

mankvill
02-01-2014, 05:24 PM
Conflicting. I still like this album.

But I hate so many of the bands that spawned from Green Day. It was one of the first cassettes that I ever bought (bought it same day as Get A Grip from Aerosmith). And I wore a lot of it out.

An appropriate reaction. Silverstein was good and look who spawned because of them.

JRA
02-01-2014, 05:26 PM
I never bought this album. International Superhits and Warning were all I needed. I did always like to wander into a record store and stare at the cover for a few minutes though. I loved all the great references to poop, and the Black Sabbath reference still gives me a chuckle.

300%_Density
02-01-2014, 05:28 PM
An appropriate reaction. Silverstein was good and look who spawned because of them.

I was definitely going way deeper than Silverstein even though they are awful you probably know some of the places I was going to go w/ this. ;)

El Gordo
02-01-2014, 05:52 PM
It's not about who came first, it's about who made the biggest impact.

Agreed, which is why Nirvana is more important to punk in the 90's and beyond than any of those bands. Nirvana signaled the shift. Green Day and everyone else just rode their coattails. Seriously, without Nirvana, you probably don't even know who Green Day is.

mankvill
02-01-2014, 06:12 PM
Agreed, which is why Nirvana is more important to punk in the 90's and beyond than any of those bands. Nirvana signaled the shift. Green Day and everyone else just rode their coattails. Seriously, without Nirvana, you probably don't even know who Green Day is.

Nirvana was grunge. They caused the grunge explosion of the 90s. They did not propel punk bands into the limelight, they paved the way for Alice In Chains and Bush and bands like that. If you want to say Nirvana made it okay for louder bands to be popular, Green Day made it okay for punk bands to be popular.

El Gordo
02-01-2014, 06:35 PM
Nirvana was grunge. They caused the grunge explosion of the 90s. They did not propel punk bands into the limelight, they paved the way for Alice In Chains and Bush and bands like that. If you want to say Nirvana made it okay for louder bands to be popular, Green Day made it okay for punk bands to be popular.

Of course they caused the grunge explosion, but they also made it OK for simple, poppy, power-chord rock to exist in the mainstream. You wouldn't even know about Green Day or The Offspring or Blink-182 if it weren't for Nirvana. The effects of Nevermind are far reaching... I agree that Dookie was one of the first big pop-punk albums in the 90's, but if Dookie didn't get made, something else would have taken its place. Nothing would have taken Nevermind's place.

mankvill
02-01-2014, 07:21 PM
I guess I just don't agree. I feel Nirvana had a bigger impact on music, but Green Day specifically had more of an impact on punk music.

El Gordo
02-02-2014, 04:36 PM
I guess I just don't agree. I feel Nirvana had a bigger impact on music, but Green Day specifically had more of an impact on punk music.

That's fine, and I agree with your first statement anyway. Green Day was obviously one of the first big pop punk bands in the 90's but I'm not sure how influential they were. Doesn't matter, Dookie was released 20 years ago and I did listen to it a lot as a teenager learning how to play guitar.

Nausea
07-01-2014, 10:04 AM
When I saw this thread title, I got a little excited before I clicked... I was sure I was going to see much praises for the twenty year legacy this album created :

http://skullsnbones.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/01/Far+Beyond+Driven.jpg

I was greatly disappointed. Fuck Green Day.

Natrlhi
07-01-2014, 10:41 AM
I enjoyed Dookie as a whole more than anything Pantera has ever done. Just sayin'.

Just try to take away my metal card, bitches. I dare you. :boxer:

Nausea
07-01-2014, 11:01 AM
I enjoyed Dookie as a whole more than anything Pantera has ever done. Just sayin'.

Just try to take away my metal card, bitches. I dare you. :boxer:

You are crazy!!! I don't see how someone like you who grew up with Metal in the 80's, doesn't have a fine appreciation for everything Pantera did for Metal in the 90's. The whole market was so saturated with grunge back then, that it was difficult to find anything metal unless you lived in NY or Florida. And then there was Pantera - Kicking ass and keeping mainstream metal alive while other bands *cough* Metallica *cough* were too busy selling out.

I don't misunderstand what I am saying... I am not saying you should appreciate them for being the biggest band in metal in the 90's (that's just obvious), I'm saying you should appreciate them for their music. The Musicianship is simply some of the best that has ever been thrown down by any band ever! Pummeling drums, heavy vocals, and propulsive bass lines. Dimebag's guitar though just dominates their maelstrom. The grinds, start, stop, pound, groove, ascend, descend, downshift, cascade; How can you not stop and think he's simply one of the greatest guitarist to ever live. RIP Dimebag \m/

I'm not claiming that Dime's playing could challenge some of the more notable technical death guitarist, but what I am saying is that sometimes being technical isn't what makes someone great- And Dime's signature and style is something that is honestly just as fresh today as it was 20 years ago when it was recorded. Very few albums stand the tests of time. I'd claim a good majority of albums twenty years later just sound stale, drab, boring... Yet Pantera is still just as relevant today, as they were twenty years ago. \m/

and no, I don't take away peoples metal cards for not liking every metal band I like. But it does surprise me when I hear someone who was around at that time, was into metal, but isnt a Pantera fan.

MetalIsArt
07-01-2014, 11:02 AM
You can stop whining about that selling out thing now. He has every right to like Dookie, it never gave me the creeps.

Natrlhi
07-01-2014, 11:11 AM
You are crazy!!! I don't see how someone like you who grew up with Metal in the 80's, doesn't have a fine appreciation for everything Pantera did for Metal in the 90's.
etc etc etc
:lol: Well, that's the thing. I kinda gravitated away from a lot of metal and branched out into a bunch of other genres right about the time when bands like Pantera were trying to keep metal alive. I am well-versed and honest enough to give them credit for doing that, but their sound just never really appealed to me - probably because as I said, I was distracted by a lot of other stuff at that time. I liked a lot of alternative / progressive, industrial (that was back in Minstry's heyday, dontcha know), a smattering of early rap, and lots of other stuff. After that, it was grunge and that whole scene, followed by a heavy dose of several different kinds of electronica.

Then, I got back into metal in a big way about ten years ago, and much to my pleasant surprise, I found the genre I had always loved teeming with a plethora of awesome new artists and sounds, and I've been back in full metal mode ever since. I still listen to other stuff nowadays as well, but metal is once again my main thing.

...and I was just kidding about the metal card. I have a weird sense of humor. You'll get used to it, though. :lol:

MetalIsArt
07-01-2014, 11:14 AM
:lol: Well, that's the thing. I kinda gravitated away from a lot of metal and branched out into a bunch of other genres right about the time when bands like Pantera were trying to keep metal alive. I am well-versed and honest enough to give them credit for doing that, but their sound just never really appealed to me - probably because as I said, I was distracted by a lot of other stuff at that time. I liked a lot of alternative / progressive, industrial (that was back in Minstry's heyday, dontcha know), a smattering of early rap, and lots of other stuff. After that, it was grunge and that whole scene, followed by a heavy dose of several different kinds of electronica.

Then, I got back into metal in a big way about ten years ago, and much to my pleasant surprise, I found the genre I had always loved teeming with a plethora of awesome new artists and sounds, and I've been back in full metal mode ever since. I still listen to other stuff nowadays as well, but metal is once again my main thing.

...and I was just kidding about the metal card. I have a weird sense of humor. You'll get used to it, though. :lol:

I'm still looking for all yer humor clues :boohoo:

:tongue:

marker
07-01-2014, 11:32 AM
Metallica was the biggest metal band in the 90's, not Pantera.

Or maybe they don't count because they are "sellouts".

Natrlhi
07-01-2014, 11:34 AM
I'm still looking for all yer humor clues :boohoo:

:tongue:
It's really rather simple: If I seem angry at something small or like I'm being a dick for no reason, I'm probably just fucking around. If I'm calling someone out for saying something stupid, I probably mean it.

That should just about cover it. ;)

Nausea
07-01-2014, 11:35 AM
I liked a lot of alternative / progressive, industrial (that was back in Minstry's heyday, dontcha know), a smattering of early rap, and lots of other stuff. After that, it was grunge and that whole scene, followed by a heavy dose of several different kinds of electronica.

I think it was impossible to like Rock/Metal back in the 90's and not get swept up in the whole Grunge thing. Although I gave much praise for Pantera, if you had a time machine and went back to 1992, the only band shirt you'd see me wearing every day was Nirvana. Saw them in concert many times, with the last time seeing them being their third last performance in the USA. I loved all those alternative bands... Tool, Ministry, Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, White Zombie, Marilyn Manson, SoundGarden, etc... I would even go as far as saying that Nirvana's third last concert that I saw is one of my top 3 shows all time. There was just so much magic and energy in the air, it's really difficult to explain to others how special that event was.

But twenty years later, almost all of those bands I named just didn't stand up to the tests of time. I wouldn't recommend Nirvana to anyone these days. When I look back on the 90's and pick out the few bands that I would claim are just as great today as they were back then..... Death, Pantera, Tool. These three bands would be singled out. For me, that's what makes a band great.

Nausea
07-01-2014, 11:39 AM

I'd personally consider their 90's albums Metallica, Load, and Reload a whole lot closer to alternative albums then I would metal albums. Load and Reload for sure were very Alternative-sih. I'd give the black album as being border line metal but more like pop-metal in comparison to their previous recordings.

And honestly I don't even have any problem with them changing their style or becoming huge money earners. Good for them. But when I'm looking back on music by decades and I ask myself "who was the biggest Metal band in the USA in the 1990's?" Metallica's albums don't justify that title. If I ask myself "who was the biggest metal band in the 1980's?"- Metallica, without a doubt. and I'd be surprised if anyone disagreed with that.

slapguitarer
07-01-2014, 11:40 AM
Grunge > pantera

Maideneer
07-01-2014, 11:43 AM
I like one Green Day song, maybe 2. My sister owned this record. I got Youthanasia to counter.

Nausea
07-01-2014, 11:56 AM
Grunge > pantera

no slap... not even close. :tp:

marker
07-01-2014, 11:57 AM
I'd personally consider their 90's albums Metallica, Load, and Reload a whole lot closer to alternative albums then I would metal albums. Load and Reload for sure were very Alternative-sih. I'd give the black album as being border line metal but more like pop-metal in comparison to their previous recordings.

And honestly I don't even have any problem with them changing their style or becoming huge money earners. Good for them. But when I'm looking back on music by decades and I ask myself "who was the biggest Metal band in the USA in the 1990's?" Metallica's albums don't justify that title. If I ask myself "who was the biggest metal band in the 1980's?"- Metallica, without a doubt. and I'd be surprised if anyone disagreed with that.

:hmm: I guess it depends on how you look at things, no biggie.

MetalIsArt
07-01-2014, 12:02 PM
no slap... not even close. :tp:

Hm... :confused::tp:

Opinions, dude!

MetalIsArt
07-01-2014, 12:03 PM

Yeah, every seat of the house.

Nausea
07-01-2014, 12:03 PM
Hm... :confused::tp:

Opinions, dude!

Slap knows me, was just giving him grief. :horns:

slapguitarer
07-01-2014, 12:35 PM
I do? :confused:

Nausea
07-01-2014, 12:44 PM
I do? :confused:

:lol: yep. You don't know me by this screen name though. I thought I'd have a fresh start here, without all the drama that might go along with my online persona.

TheWildAndTheYoung
07-01-2014, 12:55 PM
And for my 2,000th post.....

I don't care how important anybody says this album is, it and Green Day suck. Then again I think punk rock in general is horrible........just my opinion though.

And Pantera is 10000000000 times better than any grunge band.

illuminatus917
07-01-2014, 12:55 PM
:lol: yep. You don't know me by this screen name though. I thought I'd have a fresh start here, without all the drama that might go along with my online persona.

You come across for all the world like a Metal Uprising renegade. :lol:

slapguitarer
07-01-2014, 12:57 PM

I don't care how important anybody says this album is, it and Green Day suck. Then again I think punk rock in general is horrible........just my opinion though.

Your 2,000th post is as stupid as the rest of em FYI

illuminatus917
07-01-2014, 01:00 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

:LOLFC:

Nausea
07-01-2014, 01:02 PM
You come across for all the world like a Metal Uprising renegade. :lol:

It's been a few years since you and I have talked, but I faintly remember you and I having a pretty good discussion a few years ago. I don't recall the topic at the moment, but I do remember it was you, I and idrinkwine.

And no, I am not a member of Metal Uprising, but I am aware of the site :lol: If I was really going to associate with any site, I'd say I was apart of the 06 ozzfest boards before the Wiz went all crazy.

illuminatus917
07-01-2014, 01:03 PM
It's been a few years since you and I have talked, but I faintly remember you and I having a pretty good discussion a few years ago. I don't recall the topic at the moment, but I do remember it was you, I and idrinkwine.

...Holy shit.

Nausea
07-01-2014, 01:07 PM
:lol: is that a holy shit you actually figured it out? or maybe you think im someone different. Feel free to out me if you actually know

illuminatus917
07-01-2014, 01:16 PM
:lol: is that a holy shit you actually figured it out? or maybe you think im someone different. Feel free to out me if you actually know

No, I don't know who you are, but there's only one place besides this site and Metal Uprising where you could've discussed anything with myself and idrinkwine.

And I don't care to list all the usernames I remember from that place.

Nausea
07-01-2014, 01:19 PM
No, I don't know who you are, but there's only one place besides this site and Metal Uprising where you could've discussed anything with myself and idrinkwine.

And I don't care to list all the usernames I remember from that place.

I only said I am not a member of MU, I didn't say "I've never been a member of MU". :D

illuminatus917
07-01-2014, 01:28 PM
I only said I am not a member of MU, I didn't say "I've never been a member of MU". :D

My stint there was really short. Were you WakeofAshes? Because all I remember from MU is discussing philosophy with WakeofAshes and bondage with Bottle Tree.

AnthG
07-01-2014, 01:29 PM
Grunge > pantera

Alice in Chains > Pantera > Other grunge bands.

TheWildAndTheYoung
07-01-2014, 01:33 PM

:D

Nausea
07-01-2014, 01:44 PM
Alice in Chains > Pantera > Other grunge bands.

Alice in Chains is probably the greatest "grunge" band of the 90's, however I'd like to suggest that they really weren't a grunge band but really just a rock band. I think due to the time that they came out, they have been unfairly labeled as a Grunge band when really they share very little in common with the other more traditional grunge bands of that time.

Nausea
07-01-2014, 01:49 PM
My stint there was really short. Were you WakeofAshes? Because all I remember from MU is discussing philosophy with WakeofAshes and bondage with Bottle Tree.

:D on Ozzfest, RAMV, and MU I went by WakeOfAshes.

Natrlhi
07-01-2014, 02:00 PM
Slap knows me, was just giving him grief. :horns:

So let me get this straight:

1. Slap knows you, and
2. You're here under a new screen name to cover up for past dickishness somewhere else.

Shit. And I thought you and I might have a good chance at getting along. :finger:

Wrong, wrong and wrong.

So, how does it feel to be 0 for 3 in such a short post?

marker
07-01-2014, 02:17 PM

Do you remember some know it all named Caex from Ozzfest.com?

slapguitarer
07-01-2014, 02:24 PM

1. Slap knows you, and
2. You're here under a new screen name to cover up for past dickishness somewhere else.

Hey what's 1 supposed to mean? :finger2:

Nausea
07-01-2014, 02:26 PM

1. Slap knows you, and

Shit. And I thought you and I might have a good chance at getting along. :finger:

nah... It's not like that at all from my perspective. There really isn't much to say about other message boards, other than they died or are just in the process of it. I don't start a lot of drama, but do enjoy discussing various topics. I think the three people that know me to some degree (Slap, Razor and illuminatus917) would probably agree with my comments. maybe they wouldn't... idk. Regardless, Im not here to cause trouble. Just looking to talk music with others who have semi-similar interests.

I wasn't trying to hide my online identity, just wanted to go with a different name. Back in 2004 when i started using WakeOfAshes, I was really into LOG - Ashes of the Wake. I still think it's a good album, but when I was signing up for this account I was listening to ATG and Nausea was playing on my headset, so I went with Nausea instead. That's really all there is to it.

Nausea
07-01-2014, 02:28 PM
Do you remember some know it all named Caex from Ozzfest.com?

Yep I remember Caex from Ozzfest back in what 06 to 08ish? Guessing that was you?

Natrlhi
07-01-2014, 02:30 PM
Hey what's 1 supposed to mean? :finger2:

Clearly, it means that I hate you (because who needs an actual reason to hate someone on the internet?), and therefore I also hate everyone you know (because that's how logic works).

Nausea
07-01-2014, 02:32 PM
Clearly, it means that I hate you (because who needs an actual reason to hate someone on the internet?), and therefore I also hate everyone you know (because that's how logic works).

:lol: personal attack! isnt there some rules about that?

Natrlhi
07-01-2014, 02:34 PM
nah... It's not like that at all from my perspective. There really isn't much to say about other message boards, other than they died or are just in the process of it. I don't start a lot of drama, but do enjoy discussing various topics. I think the three people that know me to some degree (Slap, Razor and illuminatus917) would probably agree with my comments. maybe they wouldn't... idk. Regardless, Im not here to cause trouble. Just looking to talk music with others who have semi-similar interests.

I wasn't trying to hide my online identity, just wanted to go with a different name. Back in 2004 when i started using WakeOfAshes, I was really into LOG - Ashes of the Wake. I still think it's a good album, but when I was signing up for this account I was listening to ATG and Nausea was playing on my headset, so I went with Nausea instead. That's really all there is to it.
Clearly, he isn't getting The Nat's sense of humor yet.

Sheesh, I even put a :finger: at the end of the post.

Natrlhi
07-01-2014, 02:35 PM

Not for me. I'm old.

marker
07-01-2014, 04:11 PM
Yep I remember Caex from Ozzfest back in what 06 to 08ish? Guessing that was you?

Hell no. For some reason I remember that dude, he knew everything.

These guys better watch out for the Fonz Patrol. If he reports a mean post somebody might get banned for a week! :scared:

TheWildAndTheYoung
07-01-2014, 04:25 PM
Alice in Chains is probably the greatest "grunge" band of the 90's, however I'd like to suggest that they really weren't a grunge band but really just a rock band. I think due to the time that they came out, they have been unfairly labeled as a Grunge band when really they share very little in common with the other more traditional grunge bands of that time.

Alice In Chains not grunge? Hah, good one. Not the worst one out of them all I must admit though (that position is held by Nirvana). Pantera still beats them though.

adamclark52
07-01-2014, 05:01 PM
History actually tells that Alice in Chains started as a glam-rock band dubbed "Alice N' Chains".

Nausea
07-01-2014, 05:36 PM
Hell no. For some reason I remember that dude, he knew everything.

What was your ozzfest name back then?

illuminatus917
07-01-2014, 07:33 PM

:party:

1. Slap knows you, and

From what I remember, it was an impressive feat to post on Metal Uprising for any sustained length of time without engaging in drama and/or being a dick.

I will say, and I'm not typically one to presuppose, that based on my (limited) five or so months of interaction with WakeOfAshes on MU, that he will be a definite upgrade to Metal Set Lists. Furthermore, I think you and he will develop a steadfast camaraderie.

Strange, I don't even remember what kind of music he likes.

marker
07-01-2014, 07:40 PM
What was your ozzfest name back then?

You wouldn't remember me, I only posted a few times and that was around 8 years ago. I used to enjoy reading the posts there when i was at work. I think my screen name was something stupid like mark23.

Nausea
07-02-2014, 04:36 AM
You wouldn't remember me, I only posted a few times and that was around 8 years ago. I used to enjoy reading the posts there when i was at work. I think my screen name was something stupid like mark23.

Yeah that was a pretty large community back then. It's weird how little I remember from those years because I was pretty active. There are pockets of people I remember talking with a lot, and then there is like several dozen screen names I'd recognize but wouldnt be able to tell you a thing about them.

MetalIsArt
07-02-2014, 04:47 AM
I'll be killed for this, but I never got into Alice In Chains :bliss:

I very much like Pearl Jam, Soundgarden,...

kalfitegrdan
07-02-2014, 05:28 AM
When I saw this thread title, I got a little excited before I clicked... I was sure I was going to see much praises for the twenty year legacy this album created :

http://skullsnbones.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/01/Far+Beyond+Driven.jpg

I was greatly disappointed. Fuck Green Day.

Who the hell cares about that when THIS album is turning 30 this month?

https://fuckingsick.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/1984-projects-in-the-jungle.jpg

:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker: