PDA

View Full Version : My Top 25 Favorite Video Games Of All-Time

TheWildAndTheYoung
01-31-2014, 06:56 AM
I thought to do this a couple of days ago, and why not? I mean my list of course is going to be ever changing (especially with all the great video games coming out this year), butI haven't seen anybody else do something like this (at least not recently).So here we go, my top 25 video games of all-time (just to let everyone know there will be no Mario or Sonic games in this list).

25.Burnout: Paradise
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/ab/Burnout_Paradise_Boxart_2.jpg

Genre(s): Racing

I not the biggest fan of racing games, but I sure do love the Burnout series (and Need For Speed of course).The reason why this whole series appealed to me was that it focused on crashing, not just winning a race.While Burnout games for the most part have a like a mission select, closed world gameplay (if there's a proper word for this please let me know), Burnout: Paradise goes with an open-world setting, which is what makes it the best Burnout game.My favorite racing games are those that are open world, and I got to say this takes the cake for best racing game.The racing is great, the crashes are greater, and comes with the perfect theme song (Paradise City).Only bad thing I have to say about is that you don't see people in the cars, which is very irritating, but other than that this game is excellent.

dcmetal108
01-31-2014, 07:24 AM
Genre: Racing

I not the biggest fan of racing games, but I sure do love the Burnout series (and Need For Speed of course).

You named half of the racing genre, the only two other big series are Forza, and Mario Kart (I'll even throw the DIRT series in there)

smearCampaign
01-31-2014, 07:27 AM
You named half of the racing genre, the only two other big series are Forza, and Mario Kart (I'll even throw the DIRT series in there)

What about Gran Turismo?

dcmetal108
01-31-2014, 07:40 AM
What about Gran Turismo?

It's not as big as it use to be I think.

adamclark52
01-31-2014, 07:46 AM
I was actually going to do this thread myself a few months ago. You beat me to it.

TheWildAndTheYoung
01-31-2014, 07:55 AM
I was actually going to do this thread myself a few months ago. You beat me to it.

I look forward to it! I would imagine yours would be interesting to look at.

TheWildAndTheYoung
01-31-2014, 07:57 AM
It's not as big as it use to be I think.

It's not as big as it use to be, but I wasn't referring to only the popular game series, but all racing games.

AnthG
01-31-2014, 08:04 AM
Unreal Tournament 2004 better be in here. It's probably one of the most underrated FPS's i've played.

TheWildAndTheYoung
01-31-2014, 08:05 AM
Unreal Tournament 2004 better be in here. It's probably one of the most underrated FPS's i've played.

???

adamclark52
01-31-2014, 08:09 AM
I look forward to it! I would imagine yours would be interesting to look at.

I was having a hard time deciding structure and separating individual games and series'. You take Mass Effect, I'd rank the whole series as one, because I loved them all equally. But you take Final Fantasy and I'd have some on the list that I love, and some that I hate. Plus, between Final Fantasy and Mass Effect (if I did the games separately) there would be ten of my twenty five right there.

I may do it later but I'll let you roll with yours for a few months.

TheWildAndTheYoung
01-31-2014, 08:11 AM
I was having a hard time deciding structure and separating individual games and series'. You take Mass Effect, I'd rank the whole series as one, because I loved them all equally. But you take Final Fantasy and I'd have some on the list that I love, and some that I hate. Plus, between Final Fantasy and Mass Effect (if I did the games separately) there would be ten of my twenty five right there.

I gotcha, good thing for me is that I don't really have a series that I like every single game in so it's easier for me. And BTW everybody on this forum is going to hate my next one....

AnthG
01-31-2014, 09:39 AM
???

WHAT DO YOU MEAN "???" !!!!!!!

Go buy yourself a Pentium 4 with 512 MB of RAM circa 2002 and play that game...Actually i'm pretty sure they're all on the Steam store for super cheap.

TheWildAndTheYoung
01-31-2014, 10:10 AM

Go buy yourself a Pentium 4 with 512 MB of RAM circa 2002 and play that game...Actually i'm pretty sure they're all on the Steam store for super cheap.

Will definitely checked it out.

dcmetal108
01-31-2014, 07:55 PM

Kids like 15, do you really expect him to know anything about that greatness?

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-01-2014, 06:45 AM
24.Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks The 80's
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a0/Gh-encore-rocks-the-80s-cover.jpg

Genre(s): Music, Rhythm

I know, I was one of those lame kids that use to sit there all day and tried to gain 100% on expert on every song.I don't care what anybody says, Guitar Hero is the reason I wanted to play guitar, and therefore I feel it's necessary to have one in this list.This game in particular is really why I love glam metal so much today.I haven't played it in like 5 years but it is definitely my favorite Guitar Hero.I don't really care about these types of games anymore since I picked up the real thing, but I have many great memories playing this game with friends.

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-01-2014, 12:43 PM
23.Star Wars: Battlefront II
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ea/StarWarsBattlefront2_PC.jpg

Genre(s): Action, Third Person Shooter

There have been MANY Star Wars games released since the movies were made, and though I've only played a handful of them, I gotta say it would be hard to make me think there is a better one out there (haven't played Knights Of The Old Republic, I really want to though).This game IMO is very underrated, and I really don't know why.The combination of being able to be a Jedi, a Stormtrooper, and participate in huge space battles is just incredible.The gameplay is excellent, graphics are good for their time, and overall this gives a great Star Wars experience with a LOT of replay value.

adamclark52
02-01-2014, 01:06 PM
I loved the Battlefront games. My only gripe was the squad AI was terrible. I can't remember how many times I sweated my ass through a battle and just made it out, then I'd see the stats at the end and see that I'd killed ninety five percent of the oppenents and my other twenty (computer controlled) squadmates had done virtually nothing.

John The Drummer
02-01-2014, 01:07 PM
I really need to get back into Burnout. I am not much of a racing fan, they're fun to play casually, but thats about it, but Burnout is special. I remember playing Burnout 2 (i think) and just doing Crash mode for houuuurs and hours and hours! So fun.

GH Rocks The 80s might be my favorite GH of the whole series, only because of the soundtrack. It was amazing, and so cheesy. I still have the poster that came with it on my wall in my studio.

Never played Battlefront :(

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-01-2014, 01:19 PM
I loved the Battlefront games. My only gripe was the squad AI was terrible. I can't remember how many times I sweated my ass through a battle and just made it out, then I'd see the stats at the end and see that I'd killed ninety five percent of the oppenents and my other twenty (computer controlled) squadmates had done virtually nothing.

Very true, most of the time I just went into battle thinking I was the only soldier.

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-01-2014, 02:18 PM
Might as well do one more since I'll be occupied tomorrow for the most part.

22.Mercenaries 2: World In Flames
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/32/Mercenaries_2_cover_art.jpg

Genre(s): Action-adventure

Another really underrated game is Mercenaries 2: World In Flames.The main reason why this game got so much hate was for a couple of bugs and the not so good NPC AI, but that honestly doesn't matter to me when the main purpose of the game is to blow up things.The game gives you a pretty good mid-size open-world environment to play around in it, and plenty of weapons and vehicle choices to choose from.Admittedly they are the bugs that get annoying from time to time, and the AI could have been better, but that doesn't take away from the fun of blowing up an entire city or trying to outrun enemy forces on a stolen motorcycle.I don't play this too much anymore, but if I'm ever bored I pop this in my PS3 and start a annihilation streak.

Alduin
02-01-2014, 02:25 PM
Might as well do one more since I'll be occupied tomorrow for the most part.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/32/Mercenaries_2_cover_art.jpg

Another really underrated game is Mercenaries 2: World In Flames.The main reason why this game got so much hate was for a couple of bugs and the not so good NPC AI, but that honestly doesn't matter to me when the main purpose of the game is to blow up things.The game gives you a pretty good mid-size open-world environment to play around in it, and plenty of weapons and vehicle choices to choose from.Admittedly they are the bugs that get annoying from time to time, and the AI could have been better, but that doesn't take away from the fun of blowing up an entire city or trying to outrun enemy forces on a stolen motorcycle.I don't play this too much anymore, but if I'm ever bored I pop this in my PS3 and start a annihilation streak.

i love the first one, hate the second

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-01-2014, 03:43 PM
i love the first one, hate the second

That's funny, I'm pretty much the opposite.

I don't wanna reveal too much, but I think you're gonna like my number #1 spot...

John The Drummer
02-01-2014, 03:55 PM
I'm calling it now...

Pong.

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-01-2014, 03:57 PM
I'm calling it now...

Pong.

LOL :D

dcmetal108
02-01-2014, 04:44 PM
That's funny, I'm pretty much the opposite.

I don't wanna reveal too much, but I think you're gonna like my number #1 spot...

Second one was a horrible undone buggy game.

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-01-2014, 04:49 PM
Second one was a horrible undone buggy game.

That's what everybody says but I love it for some reason :D

Dextrimental
02-01-2014, 05:54 PM

Me too! I'd use Mass Effect 2 to highlight the series in an entry, though.

Burnout, Guitar Hero, Mercenaries and Battlefront. Doing good so far kiddo! I enjoy all of the games mentioned! :D

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-02-2014, 11:05 AM
21.The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2c/Twotowersbox1.jpg

Genre(s): Action, hack and slash

Most people think that all licensed games suck, and for the most part, they're right.They are a few exceptions to the rule though, including most Lord Of The Rings games.This game has few flaws, mainly non-gameplay related (the absence of Merry, Pippin, and Sam at all is what drives me insane), and is just a really great fast paced hack-n-slash video game.The game throws a couple of hard balls at you as well (the three final Helm's Deep levels are especially difficult), and after you've completed the campaign you get access to cheats that are fun to use from time to time, and also you can play it again with a different character. I've played this game's story probably over a dozen times, just because it's so fun raining magical arrows on enemies with Legolas or using Aragorn's truly EPIC combo moves.Only thing that would make this game better is if it was multiplayer.

John The Drummer
02-02-2014, 02:58 PM
Never played that game, but always watched my friend play it. It just seemed VERY stiff and linear.... which isn't necessarily bad, but just didn't have a very memorable feel to it... I'm sure I'd enjoy it now though.

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-02-2014, 05:05 PM
Never played that game, but always watched my friend play it. It just seemed VERY stiff and linear.... which isn't necessarily bad, but just didn't have a very memorable feel to it... I'm sure I'd enjoy it now though.

Yes, very linear, but about just as good as a linear fantasy game gets IMO.

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-02-2014, 06:10 PM
20.Conflict: Desert Storm
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51StZ6su6RL.jpg

Genre(s): Tactical shooter

This game was the very first shooter game I ever played, and therefore I feel it must have a spot on this list.For those of you who don't know, this is a primarily third-person shooter (there's a first-person mode but it sucks), set place in Desert Storm (of course).You can either play singleplayer, in which case you control the entire squad of four soldiers who you command and switch from throughout levels, or multiplayer (split screen) where each player controls two troops.The ability to tactically despatch your team is really what makes this game great, making you think strategically before entering a battle (or else you most likely will die).The game offers great gameplay, some extremely tough but fun missions (ranging from hostage rescue to defending a down helicopter), and pretty high replay value.The graphics sure are dated, but back then they were great.Despite that small flaw, this is one of the greatest military games of all time IMO.

kalfitegrdan
02-02-2014, 11:51 PM
Battlefront 2 and LOTR: Two Towers. Nice! Battlefront 2 would definitely be on my own top Games list. Probably the best Star Wars game after Jedi Academy. I think I prefer the Return of the King game over Two Towers though, although I love both. The multiplayer, inclusion of more playable characters and that horde mode thing definitely gave it a slight edge over TT.

Mercenaries 2 was ridiculously boring and shitty. You can't top the first one though. One of the best games for original Xbox. Running around as Han Solo, blowing shit up. You can't fuck with that.

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-03-2014, 11:36 AM
Battlefront 2 and LOTR: Two Towers. Nice! Battlefront 2 would definitely be on my own top Games list. Probably the best Star Wars game after Jedi Academy. I think I prefer the Return of the King game over Two Towers though, although I love both. The multiplayer, inclusion of more playable characters and that horde mode thing definitely gave it a slight edge over TT.

Mercenaries 2 was ridiculously boring and shitty. You can't top the first one though. One of the best games for original Xbox. Running around as Han Solo, blowing shit up. You can't fuck with that.
I did like the Return Of The King a lot because of the multiplayer ability, but the combat to me just seemed slow for some reason, while TT had very fast paced attacks and combos.

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-03-2014, 11:48 AM
19.Call Of Duty: Ghosts
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9c/Call_of_duty_ghosts_box_art.jpg

Genre(s): First-person shooter

Yes I know, I like CoD, I'm lame.But guess what, I don't care.I've been a fan of the serious ever since MW2, and I really have loved every gamed I've played (though BO2 had some flaws).It takes a REAL good military game to be able to beat Desert Storm IMO, and up until Ghosts I still didn't really feel that there was a military game better than it.Top notch multiplayer, great campaign, and extinction mode is a heck of a lot of fun (though it doesn't beat Treyarch's zombies mode).This game has some minor flaws, and I really can't play for very long without getting tired, but if I just want to play a game for an hour or so, I definitely go to this game.Just a pure fun game to play with friends.

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-03-2014, 02:23 PM
18.Madden NFL 25
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/25/Madden_NFL_25_Next-Gen.jpeg

Genre(s): Sports

I pretty much hate sports games, they don't offer me enough stuff to do most of the time.Football games are the exception though, and Madden 25 is definitely the best football game of all-time IMO.There's not much to say about this game really, it's a football game with incredible graphics, great gameplay, and is extremely fun to play with friends.I have yet to find a flaw with the game so IMO this is probably the best sports game of all-time actually.

Alduin
02-03-2014, 02:58 PM
I remember playing a whole lotta Two Towers when it first came out, but I dont really remember much much of the actual gameplay,

and about his CoD thing...
you do know about Battlefield, right?

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-03-2014, 03:21 PM
I remember playing a whole lotta Two Towers when it first came out, but I dont really remember much much of the actual gameplay,

and about his CoD thing...
you do know about Battlefield, right?

Of course, my little brother is addicted.I tried it and it wasn't my thing, I'm just so used to CoD that it just isn't my thing.The main reason why I don't like it is mainly because it just doesn't have the fast-paced smooth gameplay that CoD has IMO.I've argued about this way too much in my life so all I say now is I like Cod, you like Battlefield, let's leave it at that.

John The Drummer
02-03-2014, 03:37 PM
I've been wanting to get any Madden or NCAA video game for a long time, especially since most are only $0.01 at Gamestop here :lol: , but I never just go for it. The last time I played a football game with my friend I destroyed him.... 50 yard pass and TD.... YOLO!

Dextrimental
02-03-2014, 04:48 PM
'Ghosts' eh? Odd choice. I'd have gone Black Ops or MW 3 as the definitive title, Ghosts is totally phoned in compared to them.

dcmetal108
02-03-2014, 05:01 PM
'Ghosts' eh? Odd choice. I'd have gone Black Ops or MW 3 as the definitive title, Ghosts is totally phoned in compared to them.

COD 4 or nothing.

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-03-2014, 05:23 PM

Trust me, Black Ops was actually going to be in that spot, but I just really felt that Ghosts multiplayer is really just better IMO.Black Ops owes much of its greatness to zombies.

mankvill
02-03-2014, 06:26 PM
COD 4 or nothing.

COD 2 or nothing.

Dextrimental
02-03-2014, 06:34 PM
Trust me, Black Ops was actually going to be in that spot, but I just really felt that Ghosts multiplayer is really just better IMO.Black Ops owes much of its greatness to zombies.

Ghosts felt like nothing had changed to me. Infestation is just zombies with a different skin.

That said, I'm not even a fan of the series, I'm just familiar because friends keep buying them. Carry on!

kalfitegrdan
02-03-2014, 08:27 PM
I didn't play much of Ghosts, but I thought it sucked apart from finally being able to wield just a knife. MW2 was probably the most fun overall with its multiplayer and extra challenge things. MW1 or COD 2 had the best campaign though.

Fuck Madden. This (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESPN_NFL_2K5) was the best football game/series ever.

dcmetal108
02-04-2014, 05:47 AM
I didn't play much of Ghosts, but I thought it sucked apart from finally being able to wield just a knife. MW2 was probably the most fun overall with its multiplayer and extra challenge things. MW1 or COD 2 had the best campaign though.

Fuck Madden. This (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESPN_NFL_2K5) was the best football game/series ever.

YES!

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-04-2014, 09:35 AM
17.Zelda: A Link To The Past
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/21/The_Legend_of_Zelda_A_Link_to_the_Past_SNES_Game_C over.jpg

This was one of the first games I ever remembered playing, and I remember loving it so much.I played this game on Super Nintendo before I got my PS2 (so I was probably about five), so I know it's really questionable why I should put this in here if I only played ten+ years ago, but I really have to put it on this list.Even though it's been that long, I still remember everything about this game, and if I still had my SNES I'd play though the whole thing through again.One of the first TRULY great action-adventure games, and most definitely the best Zelda game.

John The Drummer
02-04-2014, 11:53 AM
You, sir, can listen to all the shitty 80s glam rock you want. It's good to see someone else who thinks ALTTP is the best Zelda game in the series :rocker: . I too felt that the story and adventure and everything else was just simply amazing and so intriguing, I was so into the story and history, the artwork, camera layout, the perfect game for its time.

adamclark52
02-04-2014, 12:53 PM
I really don't like most Zelda games because they're always the same and Link is a girl, but A Link to the Past is one of the best SNES games.

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-04-2014, 01:11 PM
You, sir, can listen to all the shitty 80s glam rock you want. It's good to see someone else who thinks ALTTP is the best Zelda game in the series :rocker: . I too felt that the story and adventure and everything else was just simply amazing and so intriguing, I was so into the story and history, the artwork, camera layout, the perfect game for its time.

:horns:

and I agree adamclark, I've only played this and about two other Zelda games that I actually really enjoy.

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-04-2014, 01:21 PM
16.Kingdoms Of Amalur: Reckoning
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b4/Kingdoms_of_Amalur_Reckoning_cover.png

Genre(s): Action role-playing, hack and slash

For those who don't know I'm a HUGE RPG fan, especially fantasy RPG's (hence why I love power metal cheesiness so much), and Kingdoms Of Amalur: Reckoning is by far one of the best.The graphics are very toony, which if done right can be really good, and this game definitely does it right.The class system is also great, with many combinations to choose from.The story was top notch, but the combat is definitely the best part of the game.There are two flaws that this game has that kept it from a higher spot.The first is the worse, and it's about the side quests.While good at first, they become increasingly boring and stale very fast.The second flaw is that this game has no jump button.Really guys, would it be that hard to add a jump button? Other than those two flaws, it's a very great game that I recommend to any RPG fan.

PVH5150
02-04-2014, 04:35 PM
and most definitely the best Zelda game.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6074761984/h2EA9A656/

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-04-2014, 06:39 PM
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6074761984/h2EA9A656/

:lol:

JRA
02-04-2014, 07:13 PM
Link To The Past really is the best Zelda game. I never got the Ocarina of Time = best game ever hype, especially since it isn't even the 2nd best game in the series

2. Twilight Princess
1. Link to The Past

adamclark52
02-04-2014, 08:53 PM
The hype for Ocarina of Time was mostly because (aside from a game on the Gameboy system) it had been six years between a Link to the Past (1992) and Ocarina of Time (1998). It was like, "finally, a new Zelda I can play on my TV". It's an okay game.

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-05-2014, 09:11 AM
15.Infamous
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2b/Infamous-cover.jpg

I got this game for free after PSN had that HUGE hacker problem, and boy was I excited to get it.This game offers great graphics, an extremely awesome and dynamic storyline, killer combat, and a very big detailed open-world .There isn't that much more to say about the game because most likely everyone here is at least familiar with the series, and as far as superhero games go, I really thinks this is best.It has great replay value, but I wouldn't go through the story too many times, I'd just love to go back in and see what destruction I can cause.I'm really looking forward to getting Second Son, but until then this stands as the best superhero game IMO.

John The Drummer
02-05-2014, 12:18 PM
I've never played Infamous but it looks so awesome for all the videso I've seen of it. I always got it confused with the game Prototype.

Natrlhi
02-05-2014, 01:07 PM
Burnout Paradise fucking rules. It's the first game I became sertiously addicted to playing with my son when we got the PS3 a few years back.

I just picked up a copy of Infamous...and promptly forgot where I put it. I put it up somewhere so my son couldn't play it without me (some of the language and violence is borderline for a 7-year-old), and for the life of me I can't figure out where I put the damn thing. The thirty minutes or so we played of it on Christmas was awesome, though. :lol:

kalfitegrdan
02-05-2014, 09:42 PM
15.Infamous
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2b/Infamous-cover.jpg

I got this game for free after PSN had that HUGE hacker problem, and boy was I excited to get it.This game offers great graphics, an extremely awesome and dynamic storyline, killer combat, and a very big detailed open-world .There isn't that much more to say about the game because most likely everyone here is at least familiar with the series, and as far as superhero games go, I really thinks this is best.It has great replay value, but I wouldn't go through the story too many times, I'd just love to go back in and see what destruction I can cause.I'm really looking forward to getting Second Son, but until then this stands as the best superhero game IMO.

I've always wanted to play this game. Only game that's made me even slightly consider getting a PS3. The demo at Wal-Mart was so fun.

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-06-2014, 08:17 AM
14.Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/73/Ratchetandclank3box.jpg

Genre(s): Platform

One of the best gaming series of all-time IMO is Ratchet & Clank, because all the ones I've played have been killer.The graphics were amazing for the time and the levels were all so fun.The game focuses on the use of MANY weapons and traveling to different planets to conquer evil.By far the greatest game in the series that I've played (haven't play Into The Nexus, Crack In Time, or Going Commando), and really everyone should check it out if they have never played it.Great story, awesome graphics, dynamic weapon choices, and it also has some VERY difficult levels.A MUST play.

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-06-2014, 10:21 AM
13.Pokemon Platinum Version
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/27/c5/d606c060ada06f80340a2210.L.jpg

Genre(s): RPG

It's been years since I last was a hardcore Pokemon fan, but man was I freaking obsessed with this game.Out of all the Pokemon games (and I've owned a few), I gotta say this is definitely the best.Graphics were top notch, they were plenty of great pokemon, and it had an awesome story.The distortion dimension was a really cool thing as well. I just remember using my level 80 Infernape juggernaut to just destroy all of the Elite Four and the Final Match, man was I happy.Again not much more to say about this game because it's a series everyone knows.

John The Drummer
02-06-2014, 12:00 PM
I had my PS2 for YEARS, but never played the R&C series, quite bummed I missed out on it sicne I have heard so many great things about it.

Pokemon - :rocker: . Can never go wrong with a Pokemon game :)

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-06-2014, 12:03 PM
I had my PS2 for YEARS, but never played the R&C series, quite bummed I missed out on it sicne I have heard so many great things about it.

Pokemon - :rocker: . Can never go wrong with a Pokemon game :)

Man I feel sorry for ya, because they were extremely great games.Funny thing is I would have never gotten into if my Dad didn't buy the first one and got me the Yu-Gi-Oh cards I wanted :lol: (yes I was obsessed with Yu-Gi-Oh as a kid).

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-06-2014, 07:25 PM
12.Assassin's Creed III
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/29/Assassin%27s_Creed_III_Game_Cover.jpg

Genre(s): Action-adventure, stealth

Arguably one of the most known gaming series of this century, Assassin's Creed games are known for their focus on stealth and huge worlds.I didn't hop on the band wagon right away though, because I didn't own a AC game until this one right here.This game is just essentially an Assassin's Creed taken to a new (much bigger) world.All the core elements the game is known for are here, but they are really improved on.Now I haven't played AC 2, Brotherhood, or Revelations (I really need to), but when comparing this game to the first one this one improves a lot.Being able to really freely do anything you want, however you want, when you want, makes this game an instant win.As I said the previous games did have this feature, but it's expanded upon on this one.Only problem about this game is the naval missions, they really should have just been left out.O and the game either has one of the best or worst endings, depending on how you look at it.

mankvill
02-06-2014, 07:32 PM
How old are you again?

Not being a jerk, it's just so weird that most of your games so far are super recent ones.

edit: also I think AC2 is the best Assassin's Creed! I highly suggest you play it, you can probably find it cheap everywhere. I've also heard Black Flag (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxNTOTXRpJ0) is really good too.

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-06-2014, 07:35 PM
How old are you again?

Not being a jerk, it's just so weird that most of your games so far are super recent ones.

edit: also I think AC2 is the best Assassin's Creed! I highly suggest you play it, you can probably find it cheap everywhere. I've also heard Black Flag (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxNTOTXRpJ0) is really good too.

I'm 15 about to be 16, and I definitely need to see if I can pick up AC2 sometime soon.And Black Flag has yet to come....

dcmetal108
02-06-2014, 08:41 PM
Not saying it's a bad list but there is just too many older great games you've missed. This list is pretty much from PS2 era onwards.

kalfitegrdan
02-06-2014, 11:56 PM
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/27/c5/d606c060ada06f80340a2210.L.jpg

Genre(s): RPG

It's been years since I last was a hardcore Pokemon fan, but man was I freaking obsessed with this game.Out of all the Pokemon games (and I've owned a few), I gotta say this is definitely the best.Graphics were top notch, they were plenty of great pokemon, and it had an awesome story.The distortion dimension was a really cool thing as well. I just remember using my level 80 Infernape juggernaut to just destroy all of the Elite Four and the Final Match, man was I happy.Again not much more to say about this game because it's a series everyone knows.

First 250 or GTFO!

dcmetal108
02-07-2014, 04:01 AM
First 250 or GTFO!

Yep. This all the way.

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-07-2014, 05:55 AM
Not saying it's a bad list but there is just too many older great games you've missed. This list is pretty much from PS2 era onwards.

Well I'm kinda to young to get to play most of the games you guys here have played, and they are some games that I wish I didn't get to miss out on, but oh well.

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-07-2014, 06:08 AM
11.Brutal Legend
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/83/BrutalLegendCover.jpg

Genre(s): Action-adventure, Real-time strategy

Sure this game is cheesy, sure the RTS elements aren't that great, but this game is a phenomenal game in my eyes.The graphics are excellent, the combat is something different using a medieval axe and a musical axe, the ability to play solos to reign terror on your enemies and being able to hop in your hot rod anytime you want and blast heavy metal is so freakin' awesome.The story is great with a lots of good dynamics, and the cast is filled with known actors and heavy metal artists (Jack Black, Tim Curray, Rob Halford, and Ozzy Osbourne to name a few).Now as a heavy metal fan I have to say as far as video game soundtracks go, this definitely has to be my favorite."Angels Don't Kill", "Leather Rebel", "Blackout", "Diary Of A Madman", "Live Wire", "Hall Of The Mountain King", and "Youth Gone Wild" are just a few of the many killer metal tracks on here.

adamclark52
02-08-2014, 06:01 AM
11.Brutal Legend
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/83/BrutalLegendCover.jpg

Genre(s): Action-adventure, Real-time strategy

Sure this game is cheesy, sure the RTS elements aren't that great, but this game is a phenomenal game in my eyes.The graphics are excellent, the combat is something different using a medieval axe and a musical axe, the ability to play solos to reign terror on your enemies and being able to hop in your hot rod anytime you want and blast heavy metal is so freakin' awesome.The story is great with a lots of good dynamics, and the cast is filled with known actors and heavy metal artists (Jack Black, Tim Curray, Rob Halford, and Ozzy Osbourne to name a few).Now as a heavy metal fan I have to say as far as video game soundtracks go, this definitely has to be my favorite."Angels Don't Kill", "Leather Rebel", "Blackout", "Diary Of A Madman", "Live Wire", "Hall Of The Mountain King", and "Youth Gone Wild" are just a few of the many killer metal tracks on here.

This was a good game, very funny and great music. The one problem I had was it tried to be too many things. Open world sandbox, RTS, RPG, action-adventure. It was okay at all those things, but it should have focused at being great at one. But like I said, the humour and the music made it an awesome play. Any video game with TWO Enslaved songs is something special.

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-08-2014, 06:21 AM
This was a good game, very funny and great music. The one problem I had was it tried to be too many things. Open world sandbox, RTS, RPG, action-adventure. It was okay at all those things, but it should have focused at being great at one. But like I said, the humour and the music made it an awesome play. Any video game with TWO Enslaved songs is something special.

Very true, I think it should have stuck with the Open world sandbox/action-adventure category. Top ten starts latter today!

John The Drummer
02-08-2014, 09:18 AM
I have tried sOOOOOOOO hard to enjoy Brutal Legend, but the RTS parts just kill it for me. Everything else is great: The soundtrack, the control (for the most part), the dialogue, the map... its a great game! I really suck at RTS games though, never could get into them (I don't like using more brain power for video games than I would in real life :lol: ). I need to give this another shot sometime.

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-08-2014, 12:29 PM
I have tried sOOOOOOOO hard to enjoy Brutal Legend, but the RTS parts just kill it for me. Everything else is great: The soundtrack, the control (for the most part), the dialogue, the map... its a great game! I really suck at RTS games though, never could get into them (I don't like using more brain power for video games than I would in real life :lol: ). I need to give this another shot sometime.

I have really played only three really good RTS games in my life, two of which will be featured in the top ten.

slapguitarer
02-08-2014, 12:41 PM
First 250 or GTFO!

How about first 151, bitch

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-08-2014, 12:42 PM
10.The Lord Of The Rings Online
https://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/t1/1174549_10151838766146329_804636289_n.jpg

Genre(s): MMORPG

This was the very first MMORPG I've ever played, and to me it's by far the best.I've tried MANY other MMORPG's and non of them even come close to this one right here.The combat is good, the abilities for each class are really well-done, the visuals are awesome, the number of weapons and armor in the game is beyond a counting point, and it's set in Middle-Earth (the greatest fantasy world ever created, try to deny it).I was falt out addicted to this game for about two years and put a lot of money into it (wasn't a VIP but I tried to buy every expansion), but after spending so much time leveling and buying expansions, I just got tired.And with that said we come to the only weak point of the game (IMO), and that's the money that is required.Now, unlike many MMORPG's that are FTP, this isn't a pay-to-win game.You can get just about all powerful weapons and armor without purchasing anything from the Turbine store.The problem is after completing the first like four or five areas, you have to buy an expansion.And I have no problem with saving to buy an expansion, but when you have so many of them that cater towards the end game (and are getting more expensive as they come out), it's just not worth it.It takes a long time to get to the level that the game is catering towards now, and they really need to consider making older expansions free.That's the sole reason why this game is not higher, but everything else about the game is incredible.

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-09-2014, 04:00 PM
9.Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/28/Assassin%27s_Creed_IV_-_Black_Flag_cover.jpg

Genre(s): Action-adventure, stealth

Now I know what many of you are thinking, why is a 2013 game in his top ten video games of all-time? It's because this is one of the most fun games I've ever played! The story and the world are both so detailed and immersive that I had just had to put it in the top ten.Naval combat is actually fun now, and just combat in general is excellent.Nothing more to say about the game because it IS an AC game, but this one game people need to play.Maybe it is too early to put this game here, but for now I feel this deserves the number 9 spot.

kalfitegrdan
02-09-2014, 05:57 PM
How about first 151, bitch

Red and Blue were awesome and all, but lacked the convenience in gameplay that Gold, Silver and Crystal had, so I ultimately played those more which left the 250 as feeling right. Ultimately, just fuck the first ones for not being able to press A to activate an HM on an object.

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-10-2014, 10:08 AM
8.The Lord Of The Rings: The Battle For Middle-earth II
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f1/The_Battle_for_Middle-earth_II.png

Genre(s): Real-time strategy

It's rare that RTS games are good, but EA sure as heck knew how to create some great ones.The BFME series really stands as the best RTS series in the world IMO, and I desire to not play any other RTS game after playing this.This game offers extremely great graphics, greatly executed smooth gameplay, great soundtrack, awesome story, extremely high replay value, and pretty much everything else that an RTS needs to be good.I can literally play this game for three hours straight everyday, it's just that good.A sometimes overlooked game, if you like LOTR at all you should try this out.

John The Drummer
02-10-2014, 12:08 PM
You don't like LotR at all, do you? :D

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-10-2014, 12:21 PM
You don't like LotR at all, do you? :D

I haven't even gotten to my favorite one yet :D

John The Drummer
02-10-2014, 02:22 PM
Lego LotR? :D :D :D

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-10-2014, 02:34 PM
Lego LotR? :D :D :D

:lol: that wasn't a half bad game though....

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-10-2014, 02:42 PM
7.Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c5/Kingdom_Hearts_HD_1.5_ReMIX_box_art.jpg

Genre(s): Action-role playing

When I heard they were re-releasing Kingdom Hearts on PS3 in HD, I felt like the happiest person on earth.Putting Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and Re:Chain Of Memories Final Mix onto one disc is one of the greatest things in the world IMO, plus adding the cutscenes from 358/2 Days so I didn't have to play it on DS to get the story was a great addition as well.With one of the greatest combat systems in gaming IMO, incredible visuals, a whole set of great Final Fantasy and Disney characters, and one heck of a story, this collection of Kingdom Hearts games is a must buy for any gaming fan IMO.

kalfitegrdan
02-10-2014, 06:38 PM
Kingdom Hearts blows. :cool:

dcmetal108
02-10-2014, 07:47 PM

This.

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-10-2014, 08:10 PM

:eek: :fight:

Dextrimental
02-11-2014, 07:11 AM
KH > your favorite game.

Amazing title.

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-11-2014, 10:15 AM
6.Shadow Of The Colossus
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bf/Sotc_boxart.jpg

When I first got this game when I was seven fro Christmas, I had no clue what the heck it was.When I first started it, I was like "Why the heck am I fighting a boss for the first battle?".After the first couple of battles I understood the game more, and man did I become addicted.But I never was able to defeat the game until I got it for PS3 and finally beat it.There's really no other game in the world like this, it's very unique.Sixteen different boss battles (each one as epic and difficult as the next), phenomenal visuals, and a very interesting yet simple story line.I usually favor games with mass loads of content, but this game actually excels without extra dungeons, side-quests, and customization.No denying that this is one of the greatest games of all-time.

mankvill
02-11-2014, 11:06 AM
Downloaded a PS2 emulator just to play Shadow of the Colossus and the slowdown was so bad I couldn't play. > A<;

John The Drummer
02-11-2014, 11:58 AM
Never played Kingdom Hearts, but always watched my friends play it and looked ok, I'm sure its more fun to play...

Never played Colossus :(

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-12-2014, 08:10 AM
5.The Lord Of The Rings: The Battle For Middle-earth
http://i.ebayimg.com/07/!!e!UnLQBGM~$(KGrHqJ,!hQE0fiJjwSIBNP3dh6KhQ~~_32.J PG?set_id=89040003C1

Genre(s): Real-time strategy

As most of you know, I'm a huge Tolkien fan.I think Middle-earth is the best fantasy world ever created, and most games that are released that are based on this world are usually very fun (as opposed to other licensed games).Out of all Lotr games though, Battle For Middle-earth is the best IMO.Even though the second one had much more updated graphics and gameplay, this game's campaign is just so fun.Nothing beats being able to take place in the epic battles like Helm's Deep and the Black Gate, and the Skirmish mode brings loads of fun as well.Never has there been a more fun RTS game, and they most likely never will be.Only thing that annoys me about this game is that Gandalf doesn't die in Moria, he just switches to Gandalf the White when the fellowship gets to Lothlorien.

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-13-2014, 05:06 AM
4.The Hobbit
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c3/TheHobbit.jpg

Genre(s): Platform

This game right here is probably one of the most underrated games in history IMO, and hardly anyone I know has ever played it.This game has just a campaign, no multiplayer, no bonus game modes, and hardly any side quests.A lot like SOC in the sense of simplicity, this game focuses on going from level to level slaying (or hiding) from orcs and solving puzzles.Most people will probably disagree with this being so high up, but I've played through the story at least six times in my life, and each time I had struggles to beat it.A very challenging game, great combat, awesome soundtrack, good graphics, and an epic story (it is The Hobbit we're talking about).I really wish they would make a new Hobbit game with a similar style to this one, but doesn't look like that's happening anytime soon.

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-13-2014, 11:36 AM
3.Minecraft
http://minecraftwallpapers.com/uploads/wallpapers/2013/11/27/754/thumb_big_other_fa11f0119c2559a083c9746ad46aab52.j pg

Genre(s): Sandbox, survival

I don't need to explain what Minecraft is, because over the past year and a half the game has exploded to an all-time high in the gaming world and practically everyone knows this game now (if you don't, go back to the rock you've been living under).The reason why I (and most likely everyone else) love this game so much is because of the pure freedom it gives you.They are no rules, no objectives, it's just you in this huge world, and you create your own adventure (what other game out there allows you to take part in the Hunger Games, visit Middle-Earth, and travel to the Moon?).Survival offers a lot for the adventurer types out there, and if you're really creative minded, go to Creative mode and build away.This game has one of the biggest fan bases in not just the gaming world, but in the whole world in general.Never has there been a game that has over dozens of YouTube channels dedicated to it and everyone one of those having over a 100,000 subscribers (correct me if I'm wrong).The number of mods, texture packs, and maps is beyond counting at this point, pretty much guaranteeing that you will never NOT have something to do.Mojang (the games developers) keep this game constantly updated, always adding new things to be excited about (and unlike most games expansions and/or add-ons don't cost money).If you've played Minecraft, your more than likely already addicted to it, if you haven't played, you need to at least give it a shot.

mankvill
02-13-2014, 11:48 AM
Minecraft is fun but it blows my mind with how far it's come. I remember buying into the alpha for like $11 back in like 2010 and being stoked when they added pumpkins and now my 7 year old nephew plays it every day on Xbox Live, iPad, iPhone and Mac while wearing a Creeper shirt while carrying around a Creeper plushie and waving around a styrofoam pickaxe before going to play with his Minecraft Legos.

Jesus.

John The Drummer
02-13-2014, 12:03 PM
Minecraft annoys me... I've never played it, it does look fun, but the Xbox Live YouTube App used to have a wide variety of different videos in their "Video Games" category... now it is 75% Minecraft... which I don't find to be THAT interesting -_-

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-13-2014, 12:44 PM
Minecraft annoys me... I've never played it, it does look fun, but the Xbox Live YouTube App used to have a wide variety of different videos in their "Video Games" category... now it is 75% Minecraft... which I don't find to be THAT interesting -_-

Yea I wouldn't base my opinion on the videos (because those are made to be watched by Minecraft players and will not be really interesting to those not to familiar with the game), so I would say try it out.The site has a free demo for you to try to see if you like it.

mankvill
02-13-2014, 01:03 PM

The only good Minecraft videos on YouTube are done by Achievement Hunter.

dcmetal108
02-13-2014, 06:11 PM
The only good Minecraft videos on YouTube are done by Achievement Hunter.

This.

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-14-2014, 06:24 AM
2.Kingdom Hearts 2
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ed/Kingdom_Hearts_II_%28PS2%29.jpg

Genre(s): Action role-playing

As said before, I love Kingdom Hearts.This was the very first game I ever pre-ordered.The combination of Disney, Final Fantasy, and a whole original story is a fantastic one.This game took Kingdom Hearts and moved it one step further, making one of the greatest games of all-time IMO.The great combat from the first one gets even better on this one, the graphics are improved even more, the story is twice as longer, and overall this game is just better than the first (and the rest) in every aspect.I can't wait to get my hands on HD 2.5 Remix, because that also will give me a chance to try out Birth By Sleep, and that will probably take this ones place on this list.There really isn't much more to say on this game, to me it's a modern day classic.

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-14-2014, 10:35 AM
and the number one spot goes to....

1.The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/15/The_Elder_Scrolls_V_Skyrim_cover.png

And here we arrive at the end of the list.There's a lot of great games out there, many of them unfortunately not on this list, but I have to give the top spot to Skyrim.I have it on PS3 and the Legendary edition on PC, and I love playing both.Just the shear size and detail of the world and the things you can do in it are so amazing that words can't really describe it.I played this game for three months straight non-stop when I first got it, and I'm still able to find stuff to do in it.The graphics are some of the best in any game out there IMO, and the combat is very well done.The reason why I probably like this so much is because of it's heavy Middle-Earth like feel to it (look at pictures of Whiterun and Edoras, and Riften and Lake-Town right next to each other and tell me different).On PC there's a massive list of mods to add to the game, which can give you something to do if you honestly have done everything there is to do in the core game (which I don't know anyone who has).I like this game so much that now I can hardly play an RPG without comparing it to this, and most of the time they don't live up to expectations (kinda a blessing and a curse).Well, that's it for video games, I'm thinking of doing a Top 25 movies and maybe towards the end of the year redo my Top 100 albums.Please feel free to leave some opinions on this list, but please refrain from just posting insults if that's all you got (if you truly hate this list and think it's a piece of junk, it would be better not to post).

mankvill
02-14-2014, 10:41 AM
I need to get you a SNES emulator STAT

adamclark52
02-14-2014, 10:53 AM
With all the Lord of the Rings games on here I'm really surprised you didn't have the Third Age on your list. Maybe you've never played it or maybe you just didn't like it but it was a very good game. You should check it out if you haven't.

Overall it was a good list, and Skyrim is epic.

I'm also surprised with all your live for fantasy and medieval themed games there wasn't one Final Fantasy, but you're a generation of games younger than me so they may have passed you by.

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-14-2014, 11:08 AM
With all the Lord of the Rings games on here I'm really surprised you didn't have the Third Age on your list. Maybe you've never played it or maybe you just didn't like it but it was a very good game. You should check it out if you haven't.

Overall it was a good list, and Skyrim is epic.

I'm also surprised with all your live for fantasy and medieval themed games there wasn't one Final Fantasy, but you're a generation of games younger than me so they may have passed you by.

DANG, totally forgot about the Third Age.Put it probably is best to leave it off the list, considering I don't REALLY like turn-based games (although it certainly is the best out of all I've played).And I've only ever played one Final Fantasy game (whatever one it was with the three girls), and it wasn't that good.I really want to play the acclaimed ones though, and I plan on getting the new one.

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-14-2014, 11:15 AM
Here's the final re-cap:

25.Burnout: Paradise
24.Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks The 80's
23.Star Wars: Battlefront II
21.The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers
20.Conflict: Desert Storm
19.Call Of Duty: Ghosts
18.Madden NFL 25
17.Zelda: A Link To The Past
16.Kingdoms Of Amalur: Reckoning
15.Infamous
14.Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
12.Assassin's Creed III
11.Brutal Legend
10.The Lord Of The Rings Online
9.Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
8.The Lord Of The Rings: The Battle For Middle-Earth II
7.Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix
6.Shadow Of Colossus
5.The Lord Of The Rings: The Battle For Middle-Earth
4.The Hobbit
3.Minecraft
2.Kingdom Hearts 2

adamclark52
02-14-2014, 11:34 AM
DANG, totally forgot to play the Third Age.Put it probably is best to leave it off the list, considering I don't REALLY like turn-based games (although it certainly is the best out of all I've played).And I've only ever played one Final Fantasy game (whatever one it was with the three girls), and it wasn't that good.I really want to play the acclaimed ones though, and I plan on getting the new one.

That was Final Fantasy X-2, probably one of the worst in the series. But if you don't like turn-based games I can't see you liking any Final Fantasy.

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-14-2014, 03:05 PM
That was Final Fantasy X-2, probably one of the worst in the series. But if you don't like turn-based games I can't see you liking any Final Fantasy.

Figured as much, didn't it think it was possible that one was the same as all of the other Final Fantasies because it was so bad.The next one isn't going to be turned based though.

John The Drummer
02-14-2014, 04:32 PM
Not too bad of a list! Definitely shows your age (not poking fun or being rude, just stating) but great choices none the less! :D

I reaaaaaaaaaaaaally wish I still had Skyrim, but at the same time glad I got it stolen because...
cue Sweet Brown
"Ain't nobody got time fo' dat!"

And to bringnig up how I need to try out Minecraft, I've watched my little brother play it, it defintely looks fun, looks like a great way to kill time, but at the same time I don't see any way I achieve anything in it, just wandering aroud and building stuff (like The Sims). Not saying that stuff is bad, but I just don't get anythign out of those games anymore :(

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-14-2014, 05:22 PM
Not too bad of a list! Definitely shows your age (not poking fun or being rude, just stating) but great choices none the less! :D

I reaaaaaaaaaaaaally wish I still had Skyrim, but at the same time glad I got it stolen because...
cue Sweet Brown
"Ain't nobody got time fo' dat!"

And to bringnig up how I need to try out Minecraft, I've watched my little brother play it, it defintely looks fun, looks like a great way to kill time, but at the same time I don't see any way I achieve anything in it, just wandering aroud and building stuff (like The Sims). Not saying that stuff is bad, but I just don't get anythign out of those games anymore :(

I see your point, but your missing out on some good fun! :D I personally am not really that good at building, most of the time when I play I either am on a server doing some activity, or on SP exploring a map or mod.

Dextrimental
02-15-2014, 05:00 AM
Figured as much, didn't it think it was possible that one was the same as all of the other Final Fantasies because it was so bad.The next one isn't going to be turned based though.

Try FFXII, combat system is more akin to Kingdom Hearts. VII, IX and X have a-MAZING stories, so play them for that, at least.

adamclark52
02-15-2014, 05:15 AM
Try FFXII, combat system is more akin to Kingdom Hearts. VII, IX and X have a-MAZING stories, so play them for that, at least.

XII is my favorite Final Fantasy, followed by IV and VI.

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-15-2014, 07:05 AM

Will have to try them out sometime!

Dextrimental
02-15-2014, 08:00 AM
XII is my favorite Final Fantasy, followed by IV and VI.

Word.

IV and VI are definitely more fans of the series games, but they rule. Such solid mechanics and expert story-telling.

adamclark52
02-15-2014, 08:42 AM
Word.

IV and VI are definitely more fans of the series games, but they rule. Such solid mechanics and expert story-telling.

I'm on my fourth playthrough of XII right now, and this time I'm beating Yizmat and Zodiac. Fuck those guys, I'll leave my PS2 on for a month and grind for a week.

Alduin
02-16-2014, 10:45 AM
and the number one spot goes to....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/15/The_Elder_Scrolls_V_Skyrim_cover.png

And here we arrive at the end of the list.There's a lot of great games out there, many of them unfortunately not on this list, but I have to give the top spot to Skyrim.I have it on PS3 and the Legendary edition on PC, and I love playing both.Just the shear size and detail of the world and the things you can do in it are so amazing that words can't really describe it.I played this game for three months straight non-stop when I first got it, and I'm still able to find stuff to do in it.The graphics are some of the best in any game out there IMO, and the combat is very well done.The reason why I probably like this so much is because of it's heavy Middle-Earth like feel to it (look at pictures of Whiterun and Edoras, and Riften and Lake-Town right next to each other and tell me different).On PC there's a massive list of mods to add to the game, which can give you something to do if you honestly have done everything there is to do in the core game (which I don't know anyone who has).I like this game so much that now I can hardly play an RPG without comparing it to this, and most of the time they don't live up to expectations (kinda a blessing and a curse).Well, that's it for video games, I'm thinking of doing a Top 25 movies and maybe towards the end of the year redo my Top 100 albums.Please feel free to leave some opinions on this list, but please refrain from just posting insults if that's all you got (if you truly hate this list and think it's a piece of junk, it would be better not to post).

This may surprise you but I actually have really mixed feelings about Skyrim, but almost all the problems I have with it can be fixed with mods (to bad my pc is shit so that doesnt help me). But overall it was a great game, they improved in a lot of aspects, but it could have and should have been a lot better.

And they shouldnt have made Speechcraft/ barter fuckin useless, I loved messing with the disposition bar trying to get the best percentage price on my loot in Morrowind and Oblivion :bouville:

adamclark52
02-16-2014, 10:59 AM
This may surprise you but I actually have really mixed feelings about Skyrim, but almost all the problems I have with it can be fixed with mods (to bad my pc is shit so that doesnt help me). But overall it was a great game, they improved in a lot of aspects, but it could have and should have been a lot better.

And they shouldnt have made Speechcraft/ barter fuckin useless, I loved messing with the disposition bar trying to get the best percentage price on my loot in Morrowind and Oblivion :bouville:

As a PS3 owner Skyrim really broke my heart.