PDA

View Full Version : Motley Crue -- Hollywood, CA -- January 28th, 2014

ijwthstd
01-28-2014, 09:28 PM
Jimmy Kimmel Live

Review unnecessary, we all know what they look and sound like now. At least they were kinda enough to include my 2 favorite songs out of their stale set (Primal Scream & Livewire)

01. Kickstart My Heart
02. Primal Scream
03. Wild Side
04. Shout At The Devil '97
05. Livewire

TheWildAndTheYoung
01-29-2014, 07:04 AM
Jimmy Kimmel Live

Review unnecessary, we all know what they look and sound like now. At least they were kinda enough to include my 2 favorite songs out of their stale set (Primal Scream & Livewire)

01. Kickstart My Heart
02. Primal Scream
03. Wild Side
04. Shout At The Devil '97
05. Livewire
I'm kinda surprised to see Live Wire there to be honest, and I'm sorry Primal Scream needs to freakin go.

ravenheart
01-29-2014, 07:16 AM
I'm kinda surprised to see Live Wire there to be honest, and I'm sorry Primal Scream needs to freakin go.

I'd rather Primal Scream stayed than half the shit they refuse to drop.

TheWildAndTheYoung
01-29-2014, 07:22 AM

ehh, I would somewhat disagree.I'm ok with most of the hits, Girls Girls Girls, Kickstart My Heart, Wild Side, etc., but I'm not ok when you perform Primal Scream instead of Looks That Kill or Too Young To Fall In Love.

ravenheart
01-29-2014, 07:32 AM
Looks That Kill or Too Young To Fall In Love.

I don't miss either of those.

TheWildAndTheYoung
01-29-2014, 07:48 AM
I don't miss either of those.

To be honest I'd be perfectly happy if they just played Shout At The Devil in it's entirety plus Live Wire, On With The Show, Home Sweet Home, Wild Side, and Kickstart My Heart.

ravenheart
01-29-2014, 07:50 AM
To be honest I'd be perfectly happy if they just played Shout At The Devil in it's entirety plus Live Wire, On With The Show, Home Sweet Home, Wild Side, and Kickstart My Heart.

It's fans like this that are the reason Motley Crue sets suck.

TheWildAndTheYoung
01-29-2014, 07:56 AM

I want to know what exactly you would want Motley to play.How could you hate a Motley set with their best album played in its entirety?

ravenheart
01-29-2014, 08:52 AM
I want to know what exactly you would want Motley to play.How could you hate a Motley set with their best album played in its entirety?

Well first off, it's not their best album. It's not even their best album with Vince. But they'll never play anything off their best album with Vince in the band, so that's kind of a moot point.

But I would rather they play a genuine cross-section of their career, not just the big dumb hits off the early albums (some of which do deserve their place).

Something like (not in order):

Dr. Feelgood
If I Die Tomorrow
Wild Side
Slice of Your Pie
First Band On The Moon
Sick Love Song
Louder Than Hell
City Boy Blues
Danger
Saints of Los Angeles
Save Our Souls
Shout At The Devil
Let Us Prey
Sticky Sweet
Hell On High Heels
On With The Show
Girls, Girls, Girls

dcmetal108
01-29-2014, 01:54 PM

I'm surprised you'd want to see Motley Crew live, their rather raunchy and I know you don't enjoy raunchy things.

Steev
01-29-2014, 02:35 PM

THIS, I can't stand "Girls, Girls, Girls" and although I kinda like it I can do without "Wildside"

Steev
01-29-2014, 02:36 PM
and IMO if they're gonna do an obscure song off "Feelgood" it needs to be "She Goes Down"

I'd also like to see "Generation Swine", "Motherfucker of the Year", and "Black Widow"(ESPECIALLY this) added

NickLed19
01-29-2014, 03:51 PM
I just wanna hear Bastard and Red Hot.

jhdeity
01-29-2014, 03:59 PM
I agree 100% with the last 2 comments. Just saw tickets in the Pavillion at Jiffy Lube Live are $150 for this tour. That's about $1 per word Vince actually chooses to sing. I'll pass...

JRA
01-29-2014, 04:14 PM
If I Die Tomorrow

Oh please, I'll take Without You over that Hoobastank bullshit, and I hate that fucking song.

Actually no I won't. Fuck Without You. But I'll take any overplayed hit over that.

Onioner
01-29-2014, 04:57 PM
It's a shame they never did Too Fast for Love in it's entirety, now that I would really pay good money to see.

When I was 12, before I really got into metal, I used to listen to Live Wire all the damn time. Tony Hawk's American Wasteland had the coolest soundtrack ever.

TheWildAndTheYoung
01-29-2014, 05:19 PM
I'm surprised you'd want to see Motley Crew live, their rather raunchy and I know you don't enjoy raunchy things.

Yea they were really heavy on the cussing last time I saw them with KISS, but I just ignored it and focused on the musical aspect.

Steev
01-29-2014, 05:50 PM
I just wanna hear Bastard and Red Hot.

They played "Red Hot" on the Carnival of Sins Tour

PVH5150
01-29-2014, 06:02 PM

Not to mention the Vegas residency a few months back.

300%_Density
01-29-2014, 06:55 PM
Pretty Satisfied First Time I Saw Them (http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/motley-crue/2005/kemper-arena-kansas-city-mo-53d71fa9.html)

Shout at the Devil
Too Fast for Love
Ten Seconds to Love
Red Hot
On With the Show
Too Young to Fall in Love
Looks That Kill
Louder Than Hell
Live Wire
Girls, Girls, Girls
Wild Side
Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)
Primal Scream
Glitter / Without You
Home Sweet Home
Dr. Feelgood
Same Ol' Situation (S.O.S.)
Sick Love Song
If I Die Tomorrow
Kickstart My Heart

Encore:
Helter Skelter
Anarchy in the U.K.

I just wish they didn't close w/ Anarchy. I've never cared for that song, rather it be the original or any other cover versions. Don't think I ever saw them do any song that wasn't atleast played here the next 2 times I saw them short of from the new album which they hadn't done till years after this show.

NickLed19
01-29-2014, 09:03 PM

Did not get to see that tour, I do have the DVD though.:D

MetalIsArt
01-30-2014, 03:53 AM

Bands should never listen to their fans.

kalfitegrdan
01-30-2014, 04:38 AM
ehh, I would somewhat disagree.I'm ok with most of the hits, Girls Girls Girls, Kickstart My Heart, Wild Side, etc., but I'm not ok when you perform Primal Scream instead of Looks That Kill or Too Young To Fall In Love.

This is the best thing you've ever said on this site.

kalfitegrdan
01-30-2014, 04:40 AM
Well first off, it's not their best album. It's not even their best album with Vince. But they'll never play anything off their best album with Vince in the band, so that's kind of a moot point.

Wrong, all wrong. :finger:

ravenheart
01-30-2014, 05:11 AM
Wrong, all wrong. :finger:

Everyone knows the best Motley Crue album is the self-titled one. It's not even a debate :finger:

ravenheart
01-30-2014, 05:12 AM
Shout at the Devil
On With the Show
Louder Than Hell
Live Wire
Girls, Girls, Girls
Primal Scream
Dr. Feelgood
Sick Love Song
If I Die Tomorrow

That's what I'm talking about.

marker
01-30-2014, 08:06 AM
Everyone knows the best Motley Crue album is the self-titled one. It's not even a debate :finger:

Most people haven't even heard that album though.

Steev
01-30-2014, 05:45 PM
Most people haven't even heard that album though.

Their loss, although I like the single from it best