PDA

View Full Version : Rise Above Fest 2014

detuned
01-28-2014, 07:44 AM
L O L

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1/q71/s720x720/1044669_789381447757403_1220714367_n.jpg

http://www.waterfrontconcerts.com/events/2014/rise-above-fest

Ticket Prices range from $39.75 to $263.75. This show features a VIP GA Pit at the Darling's Waterfront Pavilion in Bangor, Maine. Hotel packages are available through Ticketmaster.

SEETHER ANNOUNCES THE SECOND ANNUAL “RISE ABOVE FEST”

All Day, Multi-Stage Music Festival Set To Take Place In Bangor, ME In Support Of Suicide Prevention & Mental Illness

Avenged Sevenfold, Seether, Motorhead, Hellyeah,
Trivium, Kyng, Devour the Day, Black Stone Cherry
and Muckler’s Circle All Confirmed To Participate

VIP PIT BBQ: $143.75
One (1) GA PIT ticket
The Pit is an exclusive standing only area directly in front of the stage.
Invitation to exclusive "Rock and Roll BBQ" with cash bar*
Access to Backstage BBQ which includes food, private cash bar, private bathrooms, comfortable seating and if you’re lucky a chance to hangout with a Rise Above Fest Artist!
Custom Designed Limited Edition Festival Poster & T-Shirt
Limited Edition VIP Festival Laminate
*Local liquor laws apply

VIP PIT + Meet & Greet: $193.75
One (1) GA PIT ticket
One (1) Artist Meet & Greet with participating Artist

VIP PIT BBQ + Meet & Greet: $263.75
One (1) GA PIT ticket
One (1) Artist Meet & Greet with participating Artist
Invitation to exclusive "Rock and Roll BBQ" with cash bar*
Limited Edition VIP Festival Laminate
*Local liquor laws apply

Bangor, ME – Platinum-selling rockers Seether have teamed up again with some of their musical friends for the rock event of the summer. The second annual Rise Above Fest will take place in Bangor, ME on Saturday, May 10th at the Darling’s Waterfront Pavilion as part of the Machias Savings Bank Concert Series and will also be the kick-off event for the 2014 Concert Season.

The name of the festival is taken from the song, “Rise Above This,” that front man Shaun Morgan wrote as a message to his brother. His brother took his own life six years ago before he ever got a chance to hear and it was that experience that brought about the creation of Rise Above Fest.

“The fact that so many people supported our first event, along with all of those who have shared how we helped get them through their own tough times, makes us want to continue reaching out and educating people. No one is alone and no one should ever feel that way. Plus, with bands like Avenged Sevenfold, Motorhead and Hellyeah willing to support, it will definitely be a show to remember!" - Shaun Morgan (Seether)

The festival will raise money for SAVE (Suicide Awareness Voices Education). SAVE is the leading national suicide prevention organization that works to prevent suicide by developing public awareness and educational programs, reducing the stigma associated with mental illnesses and serving as a resource for those touched by suicide.

Multi-million selling artist, Avenged Sevenfold will be headlining in 2014 alongside festival founders and multi-platinum artist Seether and world-renowned rockers Motorhead. Other fellow artists confirmed to participate include Hellyeah, Trivium, Kyng, Devour the Day, Black Stone Cherry, Muckler’s Circle & Skindred. This will be an all-day, multi-stage festival that will feature local artists throughout the day as well.

Tickets for the event go on-sale Friday, January 31st and will range from TBD with exclusive VIP packages offered. A portion of the proceeds from Rise Above Fest will be used to support this incredible foundation and this important cause.

Seether kicked off the first inaugural RISE ABOVE FEST over Labor Day weekend 2012 in Gilford, NH. They invited a couple of their good friends Buckcherry, Puddle of Mudd, & Black Stone Cherry to join the festival and they ended up raising nearly $20k for the New Hampshire chapter of NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) thru both ticket sales and a special Rise Above Fest auction. The limited edition T-shirt sold out in less than two hours and the auction included rare and exclusive items such as a signed Green Day guitar and an autographed Kings of Leon Box set.

Now, as we prepare for 2014, it is time to take Rise Above to the next level. Bigger lineup, more attractive outdoor venue and a multi-stage rock all day music festival that looks to feature some of the biggest names in today's Rock! On Saturday May 10th 2014, Seether is partnering with SAVE (Suicide Awareness Voices Of Education) and Live Nation to hold the festival at The Darling’s Waterfront Pavilion in Bangor, Maine."

In the US, suicide is the 10th leading cause of death and worldwide someone dies by suicide every 39 seconds (World Health Organization). Yet, more people survive suicide attempts than actually die. In 2011, roughly 487,770 people received medical care for suicide attempts at emergency departments in the US. SAVE strives to eradicate suicide and use their funding to educate nearly 14,000 people every year through various events and programs set up across the country.

ravenheart
01-28-2014, 07:46 AM
At least Maine can stop complaining they get no shows ;)

detuned
01-28-2014, 07:51 AM
At least Maine can stop complaining they get no shows ;)
well at the very least all the morons who endlessly complain to this specific promoter about too much country and not enough "rock" can stop.

ill continue to complain about not getting GOOD rock/metal shows.

Steev
01-28-2014, 08:00 AM
I'd go, especially with BBQ involved

detuned
01-28-2014, 08:02 AM
pretty awesome that a $263.75 ticket cant even get you an open bar

Nater
01-28-2014, 12:48 PM
I'll prolly go for Motorhead and leave. I've sat through worse.

Actually I might catch some of Seether I don't mind them.

AnthG
01-28-2014, 01:35 PM
Assuming Motorhead doesn't cancel because of Lemmy's health.

PVH5150
01-28-2014, 01:43 PM
Same night as AIC at Foxwoods. Pass.

Nater
01-28-2014, 01:57 PM
Assuming Motorhead doesn't cancel because of Lemmy's health.

Yeah I won't get a ticket til the day of the show. This won't sell out and I don't wanna risk the chance of seeing Dead Season =/

mankvill
01-28-2014, 02:22 PM
xHR-rzUjCzU

Would rather listen to this than go to this fest.

detuned
01-29-2014, 04:29 AM
After taking a year off due to "circumstances that were beyond our control," Seether's Rise Above Fest combating mental illness and suicide is returning this year, with a new location and grander ambitions.

The festival will take place May 10, moving form New Hampshire to Darling's Waterfront Pavilion in Bangor, Maine, with a bill that also includes Avenged Sevenfold, Motorhead, Hellyeah, Black Stone Cherry, Trivium, Skindred, Kyng, Muckler's Circle and Devour the Day playing on two stages. Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. on Jan. 31, with proceeds going to Suicide Awareness Voices of Education (SAVE). The 2012 Rise Above Fest raised more than $20,000 for the New Hampshire chapter of the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI).

"I was fairly adamant from the start that I wanted to do it annual, but then, through different circumstances, we couldn't get it together last year," Seether's Shaun Morgan, whose brother's battle with depression, which ultimately led to his suicide, inspired the 2008 song "Rise Above This" as well as the festival, tells Billboard. "The first one we did was slapped together quit quickly, but I think this time there's a lot more thought that's been put into it. We've found a venue that's great and it's a great lineup. I think the experience in general is going to be better. It want it to feel like a proper festival, man. I want it to feel like an experience, and I feel like we're on track to make it that way."

Morgan adds that he's also confident that the year off won't hurt the festival, either.

"People really connected with what this festival was and what it's about, and the stories they told just hurt you when you hear them, y'know?" Morgan recalls. "It really blew my mind that people came from Brazil and all these other places, not just to the United States but to the very northeasterly tip of the United States. And, in fact, there were people that were kind of pissed off 'cause they wanted to come to one last year and had already saved money to book (airplane) tickets, and a lot of people were disappointed there wasn't one. I'm sure they're going to be happy with what we're doing this year."

Morgan says Avenged Sevenfold, with whom Seether has toured in the past, was quick to join the cause.

"A couple of those guys actually have told me 'Rise Above This' is one of their favorite songs, so it had a sort of serendipitous feel," he notes. Motorhead, meanwhile, is a particular favorite of drummer John Humphrey; the group recently canceled a European tour because of frontman Lemmy Kilmister's continuing health issues but is still planning to be part of the festival. "The Lemmy we know and love is the one who's always with a bottle of Jack Daniels," Morgan says, "but we'll get him a juicer and a wide variety of fresh fruits and vegetables."

And if all goes according to plan this year, Morgan is hoping to roll the Rise Above Fest forward as a yearly event and maybe even expand its scope over time.

"If we can just keep it going annually that would be great," he says, "maybe in a year or two expand it to being a two-day festival. Ultimately it would be great to do it in different cities, but I don't' know if I'd ever want to have the logistical nightmare of a touring festival. Maybe it could be something like what the guys from Lollapalooza do, just select a few cities and do it that way. After we get a couple of years under our belt and we've turned it into something that's got a name for itself, then we can start looking into other things to do with it."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/5885512/rise-above-fest-lineup-seether-motorhead-avenged-sevenfold-may

dredg822
01-29-2014, 03:07 PM
I applaud the cause but it's so random that it's taking place way up there in Maine.