PDA

View Full Version : The most sleep inducing tour of 2014

PVH5150
01-16-2014, 04:33 PM
An Evening With Dave Matthews

May 17 - Dallas, TX (Gexa Energy Pavilion)
May 21 - Tulsa, OK (BOK Center)
May 23 - Pelham, AL (Oak Mountain Amphitheater)
May 24 - Atlanta, GA (Aaron's Amphitheater)
May 30 & 31 - Saratoga Springs, NY (Saratoga PAC)
Jun. 6 - Bangor, ME (Darling's Waterfront Pavilion)
Jun. 7 - Mansfield, MA (Xfinity Center)
Jun. 10 - Holmdel, NJ (PNC Bank Arts Center)
Jun. 11 - Corfu, NY (Darien Lake PAC)
Jun. 13 & 14 - Camden, NJ (Susquehanna Bank Center)
Jun. 20 & 21- Noblesville, IN (Klipsch Music Center)
Jun. 24 - Toronto, ON (Molson Amphitheater)
Jun. 25 - Clarkston, MI (DTE Energy Music Theater)
Jun. 27 - Cuyahoga Falls, OH (Blossom Music Center)
Jun. 28 - Burgettstown, PA (First Niagara Pavilion)
Jul. 2 - Milwaukee, WI (Marcus Amphitheater)
Jul. 4 & 5 - Chicago, IL (FirstMerit Bank Pavilion)
Jul. 9 - Cincinnati, OH (Riverbend Music Center)
Jul. 11 & 12 - Hartford, CT (Xfinity Theater)
Jul. 15 - Jacksonville, FL (Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena)
Jul. 16 - Tampa, FL (Mid Florida Credit Union Amphitheater)
Jul. 18 & 19 - West Palm Beach, FL (Cruzan Amphitheater)
Jul. 22 - Charlotte, NC (PNC Music Pavilion)
Jul. 23 - Raleigh, NC (Walnut Creek Pavilion)
Jul. 25 - Virginia Beach, VA (Farm Bureau Live)
Jul. 26 - Bristow, VA (Jiffy Lube Live)
Aug. 22, 23 & 24 - Berkeley, CA (Greek Theater)
Aug. 26 - Bend, OR (Les Schwab Amphitheater)
Aug. 29, 30 & 31 - George, WA (Gorge Amphitheater)
Sep. 5 - Chula Vista, CA (Sleep Train Amphitheater)
Sep. 6 - Irvine, CA (Verizon Wireless Amphitheater)

AnthG
01-16-2014, 05:09 PM
I'm assuming this is some sort of solo thing where he's not playing with the full Dave Matthews band? And even that's still big enough to play amphitheatres?

300%_Density
01-16-2014, 05:14 PM
I'm assuming this is some sort of solo thing where he's not playing with the full Dave Matthews band? And even that's still big enough to play amphitheatres?

This could be called "Dave Matthews reads your cities phone book tour" and this thing still sells out amphitheaters. I don't get the appeal.

PVH5150
01-16-2014, 05:19 PM

It might be the band, I'm not totally sure.

I read the headline and tried not to fall asleep while reading it.

Steev
01-16-2014, 05:21 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3zvTRQr7ns8

detuned
01-16-2014, 05:40 PM
The most sleep inducing tour of 2014 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=24479)

“A Very Special Evening with Dave Matthews Band” will feature the group delivering two sets per evening, performing songs from throughout its career. Dave Matthews Band will wind through numerous configurations – from electric to acoustic, from full-throttle numbers featuring the entire band to more intimate moments featuring small groups of band members – including a stripped-down pairing of Matthews with guitarist Tim Reynolds, performing as an acoustic duo, as they occasionally do when the band is off the road. A variety of guests will join the band throughout the summer. "I was talking to Carter about how much I still like just sitting around playing music together. It's how we started – in the basements of Carter's and my mom's houses,” says vocalist/guitarist Dave Matthews. “Our shows are loose, but we started thinking that maybe this summer we should make them looser and bring some of that feeling to the stage. It seems like the opposite of a safe plan, so why not?"

Steev
01-16-2014, 05:44 PM
This could be called "Dave Matthews reads your cities phone book tour" and this thing still sells out amphitheaters. I don't get the appeal.

I've been saying that for 15 years

Nater
01-16-2014, 07:18 PM
The most sleep inducing tour of 2014 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=24479)

“A Very Special Evening with Dave Matthews Band” will feature the group delivering two sets per evening, performing songs from throughout its career. Dave Matthews Band will wind through numerous configurations – from electric to acoustic, from full-throttle numbers featuring the entire band to more intimate moments featuring small groups of band members – including a stripped-down pairing of Matthews with guitarist Tim Reynolds, performing as an acoustic duo, as they occasionally do when the band is off the road. A variety of guests will join the band throughout the summer. "I was talking to Carter about how much I still like just sitting around playing music together. It's how we started – in the basements of Carter's and my mom's houses,” says vocalist/guitarist Dave Matthews. “Our shows are loose, but we started thinking that maybe this summer we should make them looser and bring some of that feeling to the stage. It seems like the opposite of a safe plan, so why not?"

As if one set was bad enough....2 AND a stripped down acoustic version? I hope ticket purchase includes cots, pillows and blankets.

dcmetal108
01-16-2014, 08:27 PM
As if one set was bad enough....2 AND a stripped down acoustic version? I hope ticket purchase includes cots, pillows and blankets.

You'll need it since itll be like a four hour show.

300%_Density
01-16-2014, 08:34 PM
You'll need it since itll be like a four hour show.

I wish good bands would play for 4 hours.

MetalIsArt
01-17-2014, 10:11 AM
Cause he's so smooth.

Wait, that was Rob Thomas... shit.

John The Drummer
01-17-2014, 12:43 PM
There is one awesome thing about this announcement....

They don't say that The Gorge is in Seattle :)

marker
01-18-2014, 12:25 PM
It might be the band, I'm not totally sure.

I read the headline and tried not to fall asleep while reading it.

But then you were still awake enough to make a thread about it.

Natrlhi
01-18-2014, 01:13 PM
To Dave Matthews fans, this is a great announcement. I've always wanted to see a Dave & Tim set, but I never heard news of there being one around me. It sounds like they'll be doing it on this tour, along with their usual DMB set and maybe some other stuff as well such as guest appearances. That's a lot of value for your entertainment dollar. I might try to get tickets for this. It's been many years since my wife and I have seen Dave and company.

As far as the naysayers, I'll just say this: they are a classic jam band, and a fairly good one at that. Dave is charismatic and fun. If you don't like him in the first place, it's beyond me why you would spend your time making a thread about it only to poke fun or show up to the thread, read the comments and then join in on the bandwagon crap like talking about pillows and blankets. I can assure you, the crowd will be very active and loud and will not be falling asleep. These shows are great fun. I only wish I had so much spare time that I could afford to waste it on pointless negativity.

There's more to life than just metal - and that's coming from a guy who has seen more metal shows and owns more metal albums than most of you.

ravenheart
01-18-2014, 01:19 PM
Jam bands are awesomeness.

That is all.

JRA
01-18-2014, 03:33 PM
I'm not crazy about Dave Matthews but in this depraved music culture we live in I'll gladly take him over most of the other horseshit today.

AnthG
01-18-2014, 03:50 PM
Somewhat off topic but anyone watch Community

kalfitegrdan
01-20-2014, 12:26 AM
Somewhat off topic but anyone watch Community

Real fans call him Dave.

Steev
01-20-2014, 06:17 AM
Real fans call him Dave.

“Excuse me for being alive during the nineties and having two ears connected to a heart.”

smearCampaign
01-20-2014, 06:20 AM
My personal problem with DMB stems from the fact that when I was in highschool / college DMB was the soundtrack for preppy douches and frat boy date rapists. I have no problem with jam bands, but once you've seen Umphrey's McGee, String Cheese Incident, Lotus, STS9 and/or other talented jam bands you see that DMB has the most boring, go-nowhere jams next to Phish, IMO.

dcmetal108
01-20-2014, 06:54 AM
My personal problem with DMB stems from the fact that when I was in highschool / college DMB was the soundtrack for preppy douches and frat boy date rapists. I have no problem with jam bands, but once you've seen Umphrey's McGee, String Cheese Incident, Lotus, STS9 and/or other talented jam bands you see that DMB has the most boring, go-nowhere jams next to Phish, IMO.

gross

smearCampaign
01-20-2014, 06:58 AM
gross

Right? That one episode of the Sarah Silverman Program about jambands summed up Phish completely. You have to be high on drugs to think Phish sounds good.

Natrlhi
01-20-2014, 09:34 AM

Now this is a fair point, and since I've not heard much from the bands mentioned, I won't argue it. Obviously, all of the previous points were just knee-jerk, bandwagon haterism, though.

EDIT: Except STS9 - they are THE ABSOLUTE SHIT, SON (meaning that they're good :D)