14. Illumination Theory
----------------------------------------
15. Overture 1928
16. Strange Deja Vu
17. The Dance Of Eternity
18. Finally Free

300%_Density
01-15-2014, 04:15 PM
Holy shit. That is pretty fantastic. Best they've done in years. This is just so much great idk what else to even say. I love the "evening w/ Dream Theater" shows!!!!

MPF
01-15-2014, 04:17 PM
The only thing I'd change is The Shattered Fortress, make that The Glass Prison and you have a complete winner.

300%_Density
01-15-2014, 04:23 PM
The only thing I'd change is The Shattered Fortress, make that The Glass Prison and you have a complete winner.

The Glass Prison is one of my all time favorites so I'm always willing for anything to be switched w/ that. But I do like Shattered Fortress and that isn't something they've played a lot since they were touring for Black Clouds.

Can't believe I didn't comment earlier about playing The Mirror. I'm far from a fan of Awake but that is my favorite song off that album. I didn't know when I'd see them do it regularly again.

And love the encore. Scenes From A Memory is one of my favorite albums ever. Glad they are doing more than Spirit from that since they did that on their last tour a few years back. And I'm glad they are giving Metropolis a little rest.

MPF
01-15-2014, 04:25 PM
The Glass Prison is one of my all time favorites so I'm always willing for anything to be switched w/ that. But I do like Shattered Fortress and that isn't something they've played a lot since they were touring for Black Clouds.

Can't believe I didn't comment earlier about playing The Mirror. I'm far from a fan of Awake but that is my favorite song off that album. I didn't know when I'd see them do it regularly again.

And love the encore. Scenes From A Memory is one of my favorite albums ever. Glad they are doing more than Spirit from that since they did that on their last tour a few years back. And I'm glad they are giving Metropolis a little rest.

Not just Metropolis, but ALL of Images And Words. I am actually pretty shocked about this. But then again i haven't missed a DT tour since 2006 so I am ok with them being as varied as possible.

PVH5150
01-15-2014, 04:27 PM
Jesus Christ.

300%_Density
01-15-2014, 04:31 PM
Not just Metropolis, but ALL of Images And Words. I am actually pretty shocked about this. But then again i haven't missed a DT tour since 2006 so I am ok with them being as varied as possible.

I don't have the luxury. As much as I love DT I only got to see them the 1 time back in 2012 and all they did was Metropolis & Surrounded. But it seemed like alot of the sets that I read usually had Metropolis as the closer. They've got so much they could close with, the last thing I want to see them become is predictable.

MPF
01-15-2014, 04:35 PM
I don't have the luxury. As much as I love DT I only got to see them the 1 time back in 2012 and all they did was Metropolis & Surrounded. But it seemed like alot of the sets that I read usually had Metropolis as the closer. They've got so much they could close with, the last thing I want to see them become is predictable.

With as many shows as I have seen, predictable has never been one of them, and I couldn't be happier about that.

*To be fair Dream Theater and Devin Townsend are the only guys i will never miss a show from.*

Sanitarium78
01-15-2014, 05:04 PM

Yeah, and I would also take out Breaking All Illusions and do something off Images & Words. I'm surprised that The Bigger Picture isn't getting played. Other than that, this is a fantastic set.

MPF
01-15-2014, 05:04 PM
Yeah, and I would also take out Breaking All Illusions and do something off Images & Words. I'm surprised that The Bigger Picture isn't getting played. Other than that, this is a fantastic set.

That's my favorite song off the last album. :(

Sanitarium78
01-15-2014, 05:09 PM
That's my favorite song off the last album. :(

It's a very good song but I don't see a reason as to why it should be done again this tour after playing it for most of the last one. There really isn't much to complain about with this set though.

velvetgrass
01-15-2014, 05:36 PM
Nothing off Octavarium makes me sad, that is my favorite DT album. I'm also shocked at a complete lack of songs from Images And Words. Awesome to see Lie and The Dance Of Eternity back in the set! And it's good they are playing a handful of songs off the new album. Wonder if this will be the setlist for the whole tour or if some of the songs will change every night? Still deciding if I should see them in Milwaukee on this tour.

MPF
01-15-2014, 05:48 PM
They gotta be switching it up, at least 2-3 songs at a time.

cristianrock
01-15-2014, 06:43 PM
It's a great setlist, but I do miss a song from 6DOIT more than songs from I&W and Octavarium....The Glass Prison or The Great Debate would have been awesome.

I read an interview where Jordan Rudess said that the setlist was going to be the same for every night, no alternate setlists for this tour.

MPF
01-15-2014, 06:48 PM
It's a great setlist, but I do miss a song from 6DOIT more than songs from I&W and Octavarium....The Glass Prison or The Great Debate would have been awesome.

I read an interview where Jordan Rudess said that the setlist was going to be the same for every night, no alternate setlists for this tour.

I can't see THIS setlist being played all World Tour long.

Maiden33
01-15-2014, 09:23 PM
Apparently I'm the only person who thinks the first set is really disappointing.

maidenpriest
01-15-2014, 10:41 PM
Apparently I'm the only person who thinks the first set is really disappointing.

Actually, no. I think they could've played something better off the new album besides The Looking Glass and Along for the Ride. (I would've chosen Behind the Veil and Surrender to Reason). Trial of Tears has never been one of my favorites. While I like both On the Backs of Angels and Breaking All Illusions, they were played last tour, they could've used a rest. I think it is cool that they are playing The Shattered Fortress, was one of the highlights for me from that album but I would rather hear something like The Glass Prison (if they were going to stick with something from Portnoy's suites).

Now, the rest of the set, holy fuck. The second half of Awake? And to hear those four songs from Scenes from a Memory? That to me is worth the price of admission alone.

Onioner
01-15-2014, 11:00 PM
5 songs from Awake? Dear god. There are three CA dates happening around what may potentially be a crazy weekend thanks to the Tankcrimes fest, I'm gonna have to make one of them. In that regard, knowing that this is a static setlist is really nice. Ticket prices have always stopped me from seeing DT before, but I'm gonna have to finally cough up the dough to see this.

velvetgrass
01-16-2014, 05:44 PM
Looks like DT played the same set in Madrid, albeit shortened without Scarred and Illumination Theory due to technical difficulties.

Bluefish
01-21-2014, 12:01 PM
Interesting that there are no songs from Images and Words. It's good to see five songs from Awake and four off of Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes from a memory.

Bluefish
01-21-2014, 12:07 PM
Actually, no. I think they could've played something better off the new album besides The Looking Glass and Along for the Ride. (I would've chosen Behind the Veil and Surrender to Reason). Trial of Tears has never been one of my favorites. While I like both On the Backs of Angels and Breaking All Illusions, they were played last tour, they could've used a rest. I think it is cool that they are playing The Shattered Fortress, was one of the highlights for me from that album but I would rather hear something like The Glass Prison (if they were going to stick with something from Portnoy's suites).

Now, the rest of the set, holy fuck. The second half of Awake? And to hear those four songs from Scenes from a Memory? That to me is worth the price of admission alone.

I'm not a big fan of Along for the Ride either. However, I expected it to played in light of the name of the tour. Surrender to Reason would have been a good substitute. I also may be one of the only people that is not a big fan of Illumination Theory.

Fe Maiden
01-22-2014, 07:46 AM
nice set....love that Scarred is in there

John The Drummer
01-23-2014, 01:09 PM
Needs moar "Constant Motion" ;)

velvetgrass
01-23-2014, 01:41 PM
Needs moar "Constant Motion" ;)

THIS. Panic Attack would be killer to see back in the set as well, it's my 2nd favorite DT song after Metropolis Pt. 1

John The Drummer
01-24-2014, 01:00 PM
THIS. Panic Attack would be killer to see back in the set as well, it's my 2nd favorite DT song after Metropolis Pt. 1

I was being sarcastic since everyone seems to hate that album, but I really do love the drums on Constant Motion, really fun and entertaining. Panic Attack is great as well, used to jam on that song at band practice once in a while :rocker:

Sanitarium78
01-24-2014, 02:49 PM

They're giving Panic Attack a rest the last two tours it seems. It's was a pretty regular song for a few tours there. I think 2010/2011 was the last time it was played.