PDA

View Full Version : Greg Christian leaves Testament

anomynous
01-13-2014, 12:09 PM
https://www.facebook.com/testamentlegions/posts/10152136391797801?stream_ref=9

Steve DiGiorgio back in

Interesting that Greg left in the middle of the LoG tour for "personal reasons," and now he's out of the band.

MPF
01-13-2014, 12:27 PM
I'm only ok with Greg leaving if Steve would be back in.

I wonder if this had anything to do with them opening for LOG and KSE back a few months ago.

justinm4bama
01-13-2014, 12:48 PM
It would be awesome if Sadus toured with Testament :drool:

John The Drummer
01-13-2014, 12:48 PM
It's not delivery, it's DiGiorgio.

anomynous
01-13-2014, 12:51 PM
It's Deathtament

Sepultura69
01-13-2014, 12:52 PM

:lol:

Steev
01-13-2014, 01:27 PM
Bummer to hear, but cool that Steve is coming back

To much to ask for Lombardo to come in and complete the rhythm section from "The Gathering"????

MPF
01-13-2014, 01:29 PM
Bummer to hear, but cool that Steve is coming back

To much to ask for Lombardo to come in and complete the rhythm section from "The Gathering"????

I say yes. I don't want Gene to leave. Let Dave take a short break and form a new badass band.

Dextrimental
01-13-2014, 01:34 PM
Probably money issues, Testament don't make a whole lot these days.

Steev
01-13-2014, 01:43 PM
I say yes. I don't want Gene to leave. Let Dave take a short break and form a new badass band.

Gene still does alot of other bands and it seems like Dethklok is number 1(Testament did tour with John Tempesta in 2011), just a thought

Steev
01-13-2014, 02:00 PM
Greg posted on FB regarding the split, he wants to spend time with his young son and will have news about a new musical endeavor soon

The band has toured alot since 2008(more than they had since the early 90's), so this isn't a shock, interested to see what new project he's doing

Blacktooth85
01-13-2014, 02:03 PM
Hey you got the rhythm section from Individual Thought Patterns... I don't want to jump to conclusions but from the looks of Greg he didn't look too healthy. I hope he's not on anything.

300%_Density
01-13-2014, 02:07 PM

This wins

/ Thread

Steev
01-13-2014, 02:13 PM
Hey you got the rhythm section from Individual Thought Patterns... I don't want to jump to conclusions but from the looks of Greg he didn't look too healthy. I hope he's not on anything.

It's his family, he's previously expressed wanting to spend more time with his son who was born during this last couple years where've they been touring almost nonstop

anomynous
01-13-2014, 02:21 PM
Greg posted on FB regarding the split, he wants to spend time with his young son and will have news about a new musical endeavor soon

The band has toured alot since 2008(more than they had since the early 90's), so this isn't a shock, interested to see what new project he's doing

Probably his solo album that's been in the works for years

ravenheart
01-13-2014, 02:26 PM
Probably his solo album that's been in the works for years

I hope not for his sake. No one's going to care.

Onioner
01-13-2014, 02:32 PM
Income is also probably a part of it. On top of Testament, Chuck and Eric own a trucking business or something like that, Gene tours with other bands often enough to make a living and Alex has AST gigs and doesn't have a wife and kids to support. Unless Greg has a tour-friendly day job, dude probably needs a steadier gig than Testament to support his family, especially if he has a two-year old son.

ravenheart
01-13-2014, 02:34 PM
Unless Greg has a tour-friendly day job, dude probably needs a steadier gig than Testament to support his family, especially if he has a two-year old son.

I thought part of the problem was Testament have been too steady recently ;)

Onioner
01-13-2014, 03:11 PM
I thought part of the problem was Testament have been too steady recently ;)

Dude, you work full-time right? I'd hardly call touring for what is collectively a maybe 3 months out of the year "steady", even if it's a lot more than a lot of other bands.

This year Testament did Dark Roots of Thrash, summer in Europe and the Lamb of God tour right? I would imagine that only the Euro festivals brought them really good money and maybe the LoG tour didn't do too bad. I don't remember for sure, but I don't think that the headline tour did too great. I can't imagine that being enough income for any of these dudes to support a family without an additional day job.

IrritatedTrout
01-13-2014, 09:35 PM
This sucks. Greg was a fantastic bassist and live performer.

maidenpriest
01-14-2014, 01:12 AM
Well this is sad news...I wish him the best of luck though! I'll never forget seeing him play Souls of Black live back in 2012.

anomynous
07-03-2014, 03:40 PM
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/bassist-greg-christian-the-moment-i-knew-i-was-done-with-testament/

dat dirty laundry to air

Sepultura69
07-06-2014, 09:28 AM
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/bassist-greg-christian-the-moment-i-knew-i-was-done-with-testament/

dat dirty laundry to air

Wow, if that's true then that's just fucking terrible. Dave Lombardo and Greg Christian would make great friends right about now...

Dextrimental
07-06-2014, 09:44 AM
Sounds like a shitty situation, and sounds like Testament treated him worse than Slayer treated Dave for sure.

anomynous
07-10-2014, 03:29 PM
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ex-testament-bassist-greg-christian-says-he-made-only-38000-for-live-performances-in-all-of-2013/

"I know last week I said I'd talk about a [TESTAMENT] band meeting that happened in São Paulo.

"I don't care anymore. I'm done airing the ridiculous, and (believe it or not lol) I'm saying my final piece here.

"I could go on for as many years as I was back in TESTAMENT with stories of being slighted, lies, and greed, but my only real point or complaint is about live-performance money.

"I don't own any part of the records or anything else and don't really care. But to use my name and likeness, as an original member, along with a 'recognizable personality' (for lack of a better term) on stage, along with what I actually brought to the stage, pretty consistently (just look at YouTube) and refuse to give me anything other than the beyond-ridiculous deal of NOTHING EVER of show money — though I went through all the shitty travel, and all the other 'downsides' to everything, and had my face on the ads, did all the meet-and-greets, signings, and everything else — is simply wrong. Everything else aside, I worked for and earned, at least some kind of piece of that. That's undeniable. And I'd've been happy with a much smaller piece than I felt I was worth. But not zero.

"I believe it's personal. Directed solely at me. And I think there's a high likelihood it's a direct result of words I spoke back in '96. Though not very tactful, I wasn't exactly wrong about. And to push a petty grudge like that to this point is something I just can't understand. I would never do that to someone I hated, but to do that to someone you spent 20 years on the road with and helped you get where you are??? In my humble opinion (for whatever it's worth), that... that leaves me speechless. I just don't understand it.

"For your information, for ALL the shows I played in 2013 and ALL the travel and ALL the time away from home and family, [I earned] before taxes $37,775 [and] after taxes about $25,000. With no PD's [per diems] and our travel schedule, that's actually more like about $21,000. That's reality, and considering the $$$ TESTAMENT brought in for live performances in 2013, [it was] cruel and unusual.

"Thanks, guys. Love you too.

"[I have posted] a pic of my W2 [see below]. [I] don't want it to be the first thing people see, but if anyone has any doubts, there it is.

"Anyway... I know I can be a long-winded fuck, but I finally said my piece...

"This signals an end to my three weeks of throw-up Thursdays.

"I don't know how anyone else even reads this shit. Makes me sick, but I had to let it out, and now that I have this summarized, it may be time to see what an attorney thinks... I dunno??? But I'm not holding my breath lol.

300%_Density
07-10-2014, 05:40 PM
These things are an absolute dumpster fire to read. He's really coming off as so petty posting all this on fb. I don't like seeing such a great band treat a member like shit. But he got screwed hard from them. Yet I cannot stop reading these when he posts. I feel so conflicted.

anomynous
07-10-2014, 05:44 PM
Dave Lombardo, Greg Christian & Rob Dukes should start a band. Dave Mustaine can do guitar.

moobys37
12-02-2014, 03:17 PM
People should buy shares and give them to Greg. (http://www.nyre.newyorkrockexchange.com/testament-native-blood)

Also this is fucking dumb.

anomynous
12-02-2014, 03:20 PM
testaryche

ravenheart
12-02-2014, 03:22 PM
So if I buy shares, are Testament going to pay me royalties every time they play it live?