2/26 Worcester, MA The Palladium
2/24 New York, NY Irving Plaza
2/23 West Springfield, VA Empire
2/22 Lexington, KY Buster’s Billiards
2/21 Atlanta, GA The Masquerade
2/20 Wilmington, NC Ziggy’s By The Sea

PVH5150
01-11-2014, 10:40 AM
Well, that certainly narrows the lineup down...

dcmetal108
01-11-2014, 10:41 AM
haha the tour is Sick Puppies, Lacuna Coil, Eyes Set To Kill, and someone else.

adamclark52
01-11-2014, 10:41 AM
Let me guess, a Revolver Magazine sponsored tour?

Steev
01-11-2014, 10:42 AM
haha the tour is Sick Puppies, Lacuna Coil, Eyes Set To Kill, and someone else.

That's what I was hearing but the only thing I was positive on was the dates

Steev
01-11-2014, 11:21 AM
Looks like Sick Puppies are headlining, didn't expect that

NickLed19
01-11-2014, 12:52 PM
This lineup does have hot chicks on it. haha

The girl is Sick Puppies is smoking hot.

larvtard
01-11-2014, 12:58 PM
ugh this is the most sexist shit ever. DIE.

slapguitarer
01-11-2014, 01:01 PM

yup

Coma323
01-11-2014, 01:09 PM
Need to start a male equivalent tour with High on Fire headlining.

BloodoftheKings
01-11-2014, 01:18 PM

Yeah this is a really stupid tour. I'd laugh if there was some feminist protest.

Steev
01-11-2014, 01:22 PM
Yeah this is a really stupid tour. I'd laugh if there was some feminist protest.

They've done this tour several times since 2007, stupid name yes but lets not over analyze here this is nothing compared to Katy Perry spraying whipped cream out of her tits or Miley Cyrus licking phallic objects

mankvill
01-11-2014, 01:28 PM
Why does Revolver act like hot chicks only exist in shit bands.

larvtard
01-11-2014, 01:33 PM
They've done this tour several times since 2007, stupid name yes but lets not over analyze here this is nothing compared to Katy Perry spraying whipped cream out of her tits or Miley Cyrus licking phallic objects

horrible analogy. if anything, those examples are positive; those artists are taking steps to overturn the stigma of women exercising sexual expression. How can you say there's no need to over analyze? This type of attitude is all too common, unfortunately, and detrimental to human progress.

EDIT: okay, maybe they're not positive, but I was just trying to point out that those examples are not on the same level as a tour that is doing nothing to contradict the dominating male gaze of society.

EDITEDIT: I didn't mean to get all sociological here, sorry. I've been spouting a lot of feminist rhetoric lately so it carried over here, I guess

Steev
01-11-2014, 01:51 PM
horrible analogy. if anything, those examples are positive; those artists are taking steps to overturn the stigma of women exercising sexual expression. How can you say there's no need to over analyze? This type of attitude is all too common, unfortunately, and detrimental to human progress.

EDIT: okay, maybe they're not positive, but I was just trying to point out that those examples are not on the same level as a tour that is doing nothing to contradict the dominating male gaze of society.

EDITEDIT: I didn't mean to get all sociological here, sorry. I've been spouting a lot of feminist rhetoric lately so it carried over here, I guess

Wouldn't it be much more positive for them to be in a band where they dress in normal clothing and don't over sexuality everything? I mean have you ever seen Lacuna Coil live? She's not exactly going out in pasties and singing about sex.

Steev
01-11-2014, 02:01 PM
Truthfully past versions of this tour had Kylesa, Stolen Babies, and Epica(or Nightwish, I forget) they're basically just packaging bands with women together

and my guess is the local promoter isn't biting on the "Revolver Strong Empowered Women Tour"

mankvill
01-11-2014, 02:13 PM
The best female metal musician of all time is Jo Bench so until this tour gets Bolt Thrower, fuck em

Nater
01-11-2014, 02:28 PM
Girl School or gtfo

slapguitarer
01-11-2014, 02:58 PM
Truthfully past versions of this tour had Kylesa, Stolen Babies, and Epica(or Nightwish, I forget) they're basically just packaging bands with women together

and my guess is the local promoter isn't biting on the "Revolver Strong Empowered Women Tour"

That's the thing though. We don't need to be singling out women and making special tours that only feature bands that feature women. We should just treat everybody equally. And if you really need to celebrate women in metal "hottest women in metal" isn't a proper way to do it, even if it sells more.

Steev
01-11-2014, 03:00 PM
That's the thing though. We don't need to be singling out women and making special tours that only feature bands that feature women. We should just treat everybody equally. And if you really need to celebrate women in metal "hottest women in metal" isn't a proper way to do it, even if it sells more.

It's all about selling tickets, you know who had the longest line for a signing at Mayhem? Butcher Babies, longer than Mastodon or John 5 or any bigger bands. When it stops selling I'm sure they'll stop doing it, but until then you'll get these tours.

slapguitarer
01-11-2014, 03:08 PM
It's all about selling tickets, you know who had the longest line for a signing at Mayhem? Butcher Babies, longer than Mastodon or John 5 or any bigger bands. When it stops selling I'm sure they'll stop doing it, but until then you'll get these tours.

yup

:bouville:

Steev
01-11-2014, 03:18 PM
Funny thing is I know bands don't always know what the tour is called, I remember talking to someone who played this tour in 2007 and they were embarrassed to find out that was what they signed up for

larvtard
01-11-2014, 03:31 PM
Wouldn't it be much more positive for them to be in a band where they dress in normal clothing and don't over sexuality everything? I mean have you ever seen Lacuna Coil live? She's not exactly going out in pasties and singing about sex.

That would be the ideal scenario, yes. And yet promoters will still manage to put together a tour entitled 'The Hottest Chicks in Metal.' I just wish they didn't have to emphasize gender at all. :/

Money corrupts everything. Filth.

Steev
01-11-2014, 03:36 PM
That would be the ideal scenario, yes. And yet promoters will still manage to put together a tour entitled 'The Hottest Chicks in Metal.' I just wish they didn't have to emphasize gender at all. :/

In the last decade record and ticket sales have nosedived. Everything is packaged now. Lacuna Coil has done this tour before and they basically go about like a normal tour. In fact they often tour with bands with female members, but nowadays venues want something beyond the normal business and if a big company pays for it they take whatever name they give it. Women in metal bands have more self respect than most performers and even with tours called this they go about their normal business. I agree the names stupid but atleast these bands are getting a major tour together and financial support.

mankvill
01-11-2014, 04:41 PM

Sounding pretty tumblr there bruh

infinitydeth
01-11-2014, 05:03 PM
Best female fronted tour I can think of on the spot would be
Bolt thrower
Kylesa
SubRosa
Oathbreaker
That would be a sweet tour :rocker::drool:

El Gordo
01-11-2014, 05:22 PM

Honestly, people are too easily offended these days and they're usually offended by things that are not offensive towards them, just as you are in this case. I wonder if the women in these bands are offended in the slightest at the name of this tour. I doubt it. It's not like this is the 'Dumb Cunts in Metal Bands Tour'. I just asked my wife if she found the name of this tour offensive in the least and she looked at me with the most confused look ever. Not offended. News flash, sex sells.

AnthG
01-11-2014, 05:26 PM
Not that it makes any big of a difference in the context of the tour but didn't Revolver stop calling it Hottest Chicks in Metal and go to Hottest chicks in Hard Rock?

dcmetal108
01-11-2014, 05:55 PM
Bolt thrower
Kylesa
SubRosa
Oathbreaker

You forgot Code Orange Kids.

detuned
01-11-2014, 06:14 PM
Not that it makes any big of a difference in the context of the tour but didn't Revolver stop calling it Hottest Chicks in Metal and go to Hottest chicks in Hard Rock?
it is hard rock. steev is the master of one man telephone.

Steev
01-11-2014, 06:30 PM
it is hard rock. steev is the master of one man telephone.

Huh?

mankvill
01-11-2014, 07:04 PM
Bolt thrower
Kylesa
SubRosa
Oathbreaker

Bolty isn't fronted by a girl.

slapguitarer
01-11-2014, 07:13 PM
Bolty isn't fronted by a girl.

I wouldn't say Kylesa is either.

Steev
01-11-2014, 07:21 PM
I wouldn't say Kylesa is either.

For that matter neither is Sick Puppies(who is headlining this tour)

SomewhereInTime72
01-11-2014, 08:54 PM
This.... this exists...? :bouville:

PVH5150
01-12-2014, 08:57 AM
This.... this exists...? :bouville:

Existed for some time now, it would seem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hottest_Chicks_in_Metal_Tour_2007

larvtard
01-12-2014, 09:22 AM
Honestly, people are too easily offended these days and they're usually offended by things that are not offensive towards them, just as you are in this case. I wonder if the women in these bands are offended in the slightest at the name of this tour. I doubt it. It's not like this is the 'Dumb Cunts in Metal Bands Tour'. I just asked my wife if she found the name of this tour offensive in the least and she looked at me with the most confused look ever. Not offended. News flash, sex sells.

1. Are you seriously saying that I shouldn't care about a cause that doesn't directly concern me?

2. If the women in the bands were offended by the name, they probably wouldn't have joined the tour in the first place. The women on this tour are not a representative sample of all women.

3. Just because the tour isn't entitled 'Dumb Cunts in Metal' doesn't mean the sexism isn't still there, it's just more subtle.

4. You're not saying your wife speaks for all women, are you?

5. Sex does sell, but this is a music tour. Best to take the sex out of it altogether if they're serious musicians and they want their audiences to come for the music.

I know I'm not going to change your mind though, which is fine. I just wanted to reply to your post regardless.

justinm4bama
01-12-2014, 10:26 AM
5. Sex does sell, but this is a music tour. Best to take the sex out of it altogether if they're serious musicians and they want their audiences to come for the music.

Preach :horns:

Steev
01-12-2014, 10:32 AM
Preach :horns:

See the previous response, as long as fair weather fans jump at the chance to ogle pretty girls in meta and hard rock bands this will continue.

Just remember Peter Steele did Playgirl to pay for a backdrop

El Gordo
01-12-2014, 11:03 AM
1. Are you seriously saying that I shouldn't care about a cause that doesn't directly concern me?

Not necessarily, but your post reeks of the same kind of bleeding heart liberal bullshit that is causing things like the Cleveland Indians slowly transitioning away from a smiling indian logo to a block letter 'C'. People just like to get their back up about things these days.

2. If the women in the bands were offended by the name, they probably wouldn't have joined the tour in the first place. The women on this tour are not a representative sample of all women.

So this tour (and every tour) should strive to not offend anyone? That sounds fun.

3. Just because the tour isn't entitled 'Dumb Cunts in Metal' doesn't mean the sexism isn't still there, it's just more subtle.

Yup.

No, but last time I checked, she has a vagina which immediately makes her more qualified to speak on being offended as a female than you. She's not a metalhead, she's a normal woman and mother, and pretty cool if I do say so myself. She honestly looked at my like I had a second head when I asked her if the title of this tour offended her.

Sex and rock music are forever intertwined. Same goes for metal. Seriously, take a look at your music collection. There's a lot of sex in there.

mankvill
01-12-2014, 11:04 AM
People get too offended by shit, but this tour is incredibly lame and continuing a sexist stereotype of metal/rock fans.

But in the end, the tour shouldn't happen because the bands on it suck.

Steev
01-12-2014, 11:14 AM
People get too offended by shit, but this tour is incredibly lame and continuing a sexist stereotype of metal/rock fans.

They're better than bring me the horizon

mankvill
01-12-2014, 11:17 AM
They're better than bring me the horizon

NO ONE is better than Oly Sykes and the Horizons. <3

Steev
01-12-2014, 11:27 AM

He has tattoos of penises and poop, that should sum it up right there

mankvill
01-12-2014, 11:32 AM
He has tattoos of penises and poop, that should sum it up right there

2deep4u

El Gordo
01-12-2014, 11:46 AM

See, now that is a completely appropriate response.

SomewhereInTime72
01-12-2014, 01:22 PM
Not necessarily, but your post reeks of the same kind of bleeding heart liberal bullshit

No, but last time I checked, she has a vagina which immediately makes her more qualified to speak on being offended as a female than you. She's not a metalhead, she's a normal woman and mother, and pretty cool if I do say so myself. She honestly looked at my like I had a second head when I asked her if the title of this tour offended her.

Sex and rock music are forever intertwined. Same goes for metal. Seriously, take a look at your music collection. There's a lot of sex in there.

1. your posts reeks of just saying this anytime someone cares about something you don't care about. also who gives a shit about sports logos cmon. :)

2. this tour is pretty insulting to men too. we're not all into metal just for the hot chicks, and I certainly don't like it being insinuated that the "hottest chicks in metal" are something I should care about. furthermore, 'normal' women have very little to be offended by here, this tour is pretty strictly demeaning mostly to the bands who play on it and the people who go see it.

3. yep, sex is great and people love to sing about it and I don't see why that means people should be happy with it being used as a marketing tactic.

slapguitarer
01-12-2014, 01:40 PM
1. your posts reeks of just saying this anytime someone cares about something you don't care about. also who gives a shit about sports logos cmon. :)

2. this tour is pretty insulting to men too. we're not all into metal just for the hot chicks, and I certainly don't like it being insinuated that the "hottest chicks in metal" are something I should care about. furthermore, 'normal' women have very little to be offended by here, this tour is pretty strictly demeaning mostly to the bands who play on it and the people who go see it.

3. yep, sex is great and people love to sing about it and I don't see why that means people should be happy with it being used as a marketing tactic.

:party:

larvtard
01-12-2014, 01:52 PM
^

and to add onto that, to say something like "awe you poor baby, does it offend you?" is missing the point. You're right, I don't have a vagina, and for that I may not be personally offended, but it still affects me to see that even in this day and age the physical looks and gender of these musicians are being used as a marketing tactic. that's - excuse me - fucked up. I'd love to see the day when I can read a SubRosa review that doesn't gloss over the fact that three of the band members are female. By giving that attention, you're basically saying "well, who would've thought a woman could play an instrument?" It's not that uncommon, geez.

El Gordo
01-12-2014, 04:39 PM
:lol: Holy fuck, sorry girls.

christopher
01-12-2014, 04:42 PM

Dave Hunt would like to inform you that he cancelled plans to play in Kansas.

mankvill
01-12-2014, 04:50 PM
Dave Hunt would like to inform you that he cancelled plans to play in Kansas.

; 3;!

John The Drummer
01-12-2014, 06:07 PM
There should be a Hottest Dudes In Metal tour.... see how many guys don't go because they feel they'd be judged if they did :D

mankvill
01-12-2014, 06:09 PM
There should be a Hottest Dudes In Metal tour.... see how many guys don't go because they feel they'd be judged if they did :D

who would they get?

I nominate Vektor, they're pretty cute.

adamclark52
01-12-2014, 06:40 PM
who would they get?

adamclark52

energymetal14
01-12-2014, 08:25 PM

I know I'm not going to change your mind though, which is fine. I just wanted to reply to your post regardless.

^

and to add onto that, to say something like "awe you poor baby, does it offend you?" is missing the point. You're right, I don't have a vagina, and for that I may not be personally offended, but it still affects me to see that even in this day and age the physical looks and gender of these musicians are being used as a marketing tactic. that's - excuse me - fucked up. I'd love to see the day when I can read a SubRosa review that doesn't gloss over the fact that three of the band members are female. By giving that attention, you're basically saying "well, who would've thought a woman could play an instrument?" It's not that uncommon, geez.

All this stuff. Misogyny is so common in metal that to call it out will always result in a backlash and accusations of being "butthurt" or "too easily offended."

mankvill
01-12-2014, 08:44 PM
All this stuff. Misogyny is so common in metal that to call it out will always result in a backlash and accusations of being "butthurt" or "too easily offended."

JfklPq_DeyM

TonyD
01-12-2014, 10:42 PM
Can I just say that since this "chicks in metal" thing in tours and magazines usually gets looked down upon, the girls/bands willingly partake in exchange for the exposure.

Steev
01-13-2014, 06:19 AM
So the VIP package includes watching a band of choice from the stage and meeting the women of the tour, so there's that