PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Movies

Pages : [1] 2

dcmetal108
01-08-2014, 07:47 PM
So I started the 2013 one and I'll star this one.

Went and did a triple showing today haha. A little over 7 hours at the theater.

Films I saw (in order) were :

Anchorman 2 : Fucking hysterical though dragged in a few. Still had me in tears though.

Paranormal Activity The Marked Ones : I haven't liked a single PA movie but have saw them all in theaters almost to just see how each one gets worse with a story that makes less sense and this nails it. Boring, bad story that tries to try in, and giving it a really gangbanging mexican theme was stupid as shit.

Grudge Match : funny in parts and fun to watch but was about 40 minutes too long. (movies 2 hours long)

XDoomsayerX
01-12-2014, 10:31 AM
Lone Survivor was aight. Too much patriotism machismo stuff not enough backstory.

dcmetal108
01-12-2014, 05:02 PM
Lone Survivor was aight. Too much patriotism machismo stuff not enough backstory.

All I hear is that it's a sad tearjerker film.

Dextrimental
01-12-2014, 05:53 PM
The Delivery Man just got released here, and we were going to see The Marked Ones (not my choice), but got there really early so decided on Delivery Man instead. It's good, but the film couldn't decide if it wanted to be a comedy or a drama, both of which it could have been brilliant at, and so it ended up being half-way of both and thus mediocre.

illuminatus917
01-12-2014, 06:41 PM
Hey... there's a new Dracula movie coming out.

Maybe it will be better than Francis Ford Coppola's piece of shit.

BloodoftheKings
01-12-2014, 06:45 PM
Anchorman 2

Grudge Match

Those came out in 2013.

mankvill
01-12-2014, 06:56 PM
In a weird way, I think I, Frankenstein actually looks pretty good? :eek:

mastodon421
01-12-2014, 07:07 PM

I think it looks alright since I'm a sucker for action-horror movies, but I'm not getting too stoked on it since its been delayed numerous times.

BloodoftheKings
01-12-2014, 07:11 PM
that Lego movie doe

dcmetal108
01-12-2014, 07:19 PM
Those came out in 2013.

I know but I went to a triple screening and didn't want to break my review up.

It does, but I'm hoping it is more violent and not a let down like Legion was.

that Lego movie doe

I know! My movie pick of Feb.!

BloodoftheKings
01-12-2014, 07:22 PM
It does, but I'm hoping it is more violent and not a let down like Legion was.

I remember seeing the trailer for that movie and getting really hyped. I never even bothered to watch it because it got bad reviews and everyone said those parts they showed in the trailer were the only cool parts of the movie.

I, Frankenstien just looks kinda dumb though.

dcmetal108
01-12-2014, 09:09 PM
I remember seeing the trailer for that movie and getting really hyped. I never even bothered to watch it because it got bad reviews and everyone said those parts they showed in the trailer were the only cool parts of the movie.

I, Frankenstien just looks kinda dumb though.

Yeah I saw it in theaters and was hugely let down. Though it was odd because I remembered it being pushed as a R rated film then when it came out they gave it a PG-13 rating.

mastodon421
01-13-2014, 08:50 AM
Yeah I saw it in theaters and was hugely let down. Though it was odd because I remembered it being pushed as a R rated film then when it came out they gave it a PG-13 rating.

Legion was R, it just sucked.

MetalIsArt
01-13-2014, 09:24 AM
Transcendence
Interstellar
X4
Noah
The Expendables III
The Monuments Men
Godzilla
Gone Girl
Cub (a new Flemish horror movie)

That's it, and then some belgian release dates: The Wolf Of Wall Street, American Hustle & Out Of The Furnace.

2015 looks horrible, but somehow I've managed to find 5-6 films I'd love to see. Too early though ;-)

John The Drummer
01-13-2014, 11:46 AM
I'm stoked for X4. The Wolverine kicked SO MUCH ASS, and I hope X4 continues it's ass kicking.

Natrlhi
01-13-2014, 02:35 PM
That's it, and then some belgian release dates: The Wolf Of Wall Street, American Hustle & Out Of The Furnace.

I've not seen Furnace yet, but those other two are both great. Wolf has more T&A in it than I saw both times I went to Spring Break combined. :D (plus it's a damn good story, like Goodfellas but about stock brokers instead of mobsters)

SomewhereInTime72
01-13-2014, 11:52 PM

Realllllly? I thought it seemed pretty awful. :eyes:

dcmetal108
01-14-2014, 06:08 AM
Legion was R, it just sucked.

haha my AMC theater had it labeled as PG13.

MetalIsArt
01-14-2014, 06:47 AM
I'm stoked for X4. The Wolverine kicked SO MUCH ASS, and I hope X4 continues it's ass kicking.

The mid-credits scene alone was worth it.

MetalIsArt
01-14-2014, 06:48 AM
I've not seen Furnace yet, but those other two are both great. Wolf has more T&A in it than I saw both times I went to Spring Break combined. :D (plus it's a damn good story, like Goodfellas but about stock brokers instead of mobsters)

Well, I'm a bit biased: I'm a huge fan of Scorcese, Bale & The Law :D

dcmetal108
01-15-2014, 07:37 PM
Went and did a double feature that turned out to be a tearjerker depression trip.

First was Her - often funny and oddly raunchy film that has a over bearing sense of depression, sadness, and just general heartwrecking in mind. The movie had me and the 10 or so other people in the theater in tears.

Lone Survivor - phenomenal film. intense action scenes with cringe worthy realism. A few teary parts but the last 5 or so minutes at the end had a nearly packed theater (250 people or so) balling their eyes out. I've never seen so many grown men crying together and it was well deserved. I couldn't contain myself either as everyone left the theater with bloodshot eyes and tears running down their face.

BloodoftheKings
01-15-2014, 07:44 PM
I really want to see Her. I've heard nothing but great things about it.

dcmetal108
01-15-2014, 08:06 PM
I really want to see Her. I've heard nothing but great things about it.

It's so brilliant and true on multiple levels.

XDoomsayerX
01-15-2014, 08:46 PM
Went and did a double feature that turned out to be a tearjerker depression trip.

First was Her - often funny and oddly raunchy film that has a over bearing sense of depression, sadness, and just general heartwrecking in mind. The movie had me and the 10 or so other people in the theater in tears.

Lone Survivor - phenomenal film. intense action scenes with cringe worthy realism. A few teary parts but the last 5 or so minutes at the end had a nearly packed theater (250 people or so) balling their eyes out. I've never seen so many grown men crying together and it was well deserved. I couldn't contain myself either as everyone left the theater with bloodshot eyes and tears running down their face.

Her was a damn fine movie. Phoenix's performance alone made the movie.

dcmetal108
01-15-2014, 09:01 PM
Her was a damn fine movie. Phoenix's performance alone made the movie.

Yep and Amy Adams with little makeup is sooo fucking hot!

Also Scarletts voice is sexy.

Update :

Watching Secret Life Of Walter Mitty - Turned out to be a really good film, had some great scenes and the second half of the film has so breathtaking moments with the world around him.

dcmetal108
01-22-2014, 07:29 PM
Ride Along - decent buddy cop film with tons of cliches

Jake Ryan Shadow Recruit : A hell of a lot better than expected, plus Keira Knightly is really fucking hot, but also the end is super fucking cliche

XDoomsayerX
01-22-2014, 09:25 PM
Saw Her again with the gf this time. Fucking loved it more the second time. Seriously this movie is so real in terms of the subject matter.

mastodon421
01-23-2014, 12:46 PM
Kicked off my 2014 film viewing with Jack Ryan. It completely derives from better spy flicks like Mission Impossible, but thanks to the acting (Chris Pine and Kenneth Branaugh being the standouts) and an engaging story, it still gets the job done.

LogicBomb
01-23-2014, 01:38 PM
Basically just waiting for Nolan's Interstellar and THE RAID 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG9uFX3uYq4 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG9uFX3uYq4)

Get hyped.

Off the top of my head anything else (Robocop, Godzilla, Jupiter Ascending) I will basically wait for decent word of mouth, and even then probably just Netflix it eventually.

illuminatus917
01-23-2014, 07:18 PM
Jack Ryan was an enjoyable film I thought.

dcmetal108
01-23-2014, 08:41 PM
So early reviews for Raid 2 say its a nearly 3 hour perfect action film and that the few end action scenes are so brutal that you'll want to vomit.

mastodon421
01-24-2014, 03:10 PM
So early reviews for Raid 2 say its a nearly 3 hour perfect action film and that the few end action scenes are so brutal that you'll want to vomit.

I fell like every time I see read like something this about a film, the content is nowhere near as graphic as it's hyped up to be.

dcmetal108
01-24-2014, 09:01 PM
I fell like every time I see read like something this about a film, the content is nowhere near as graphic as it's hyped up to be.

I was reading the report wrote from the Sundance screening and I guess they were having a lot of walk outs because of the violence.

MetalIsArt
02-02-2014, 10:58 AM
Finally saw The Wolf Of Wall Street :lol:

An older couple left in anger right after the "no panties and a bear" scene, proclaiming "WHAT KIND OF MOVIE IS THIS" :lol:

John The Drummer
02-02-2014, 04:01 PM
Soooo.... i must be brain farting, but who was the big dragon in the Trans4mers commercial? I don't remember that from the series :(

MetalIsArt
02-03-2014, 05:36 AM
Soooo.... i must be brain farting, but who was the big dragon in the Trans4mers commercial? I don't remember that from the series :(

Michael Bay.

Natrlhi
02-03-2014, 09:03 AM

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Dragon

kalfitegrdan
02-03-2014, 09:14 PM
Michael Bay.

Yeah, I just assumed it was the physical manifestation of Michael Bay raping childhoods everywhere.

MetalIsArt
02-04-2014, 10:31 AM
Yeah, I just assumed it was the physical manifestation of Michael Bay raping childhoods everywhere.

Seen one Transformers, that's enough.

John The Drummer
02-04-2014, 12:13 PM
Seen one Transformers, that's enough.

That's what I thought, until I watched the other two. They were great!

dcmetal108
02-07-2014, 03:16 PM
Lego Movie is easiest the best animated movie in years. Nonstop laughter with so many big names, adult jokes, and lego formed cameos by famous movie characters.

mastodon421
02-08-2014, 07:00 AM
Monuments Men wasn't too great at all. There were stretches in the middle where not much happened and every actor in the movie seems like they are just to help out their pal George Clooney make his movie and not really giving it their all with their performances. Nevertheless it remains decent thanks to Clooney's enthusiasm for the material and an engaging beginning and end to the film.

ravenheart
02-08-2014, 09:42 AM
So... Army of Darkness 2....

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-08-2014, 12:43 PM
Just saw Lone Survivor, one great movie.

XDoomsayerX
02-10-2014, 11:12 AM
Lego Movie was fucking dope! Must watch it again :D

MetalIsArt
02-12-2014, 03:26 AM
So... Army of Darkness 2....

...was internet trolling...

dcmetal108
02-13-2014, 05:54 PM
Robocop was okay. Not great but just okay. Way different than the original and really pushed politics into it.

adamclark52
02-17-2014, 01:16 PM
Lego Movie was okay. I saw it with my three and a half year old and he was glued to it. Some of the jokes were funny, and the cameos. I still love Will Ferrell so when he came in at the end I started laughing before he said a word. And then the bits with his son at the very end were touching.

My son wanted more Star Wars though.

In the end we went home and played with...my Star Wars LEGO. And I'm usually just like Will Ferrells character with my LEGO and my kids. BUt I thought back to the end of the movie and was like, "fuck it, take the TIE Fighter apart and make a strange bird...like...thing". And he had even more fun.

dcmetal108
02-20-2014, 12:23 PM
Took someone else to see the Lego Movie today so I had a reason to go see it again, even funnier this time. So many hidden references to other films and the such.

AnthG
02-20-2014, 12:30 PM

There are legitimate plans to make AoD 2. Apparently the plans are to make Army of Darkness 2, make a sequel to the remake of Evil Dead from last year, and then a 7th film that will merge the two worlds. Stuff like that usually is a recipe for dissapointment (Freddy vs Jason, Alien vs. predator, etc.), but I thought the Evil Dead remake was actually pretty good. If anything I can see AoD 2 being the letdown of the bunch since it's been 20 years and who knows what Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell are capable of these days.

BloodoftheKings
02-20-2014, 12:39 PM

Nope, it's in the works.

I'm seeing the Lego movie tonight. I didn't think this would be good at all and I was shocked when the reviews came out. I don't really know what to expect.

mastodon421
02-20-2014, 12:45 PM
I'm seeing the Lego movie tonight. I didn't think this would be good at all and I was shocked when the reviews came out. I don't really know what to expect.

Neither did I and like you I was shocked to see all the postive reviews for it. After seeing it, it's completely justified. The humor is way more geared towards adults than kids and I laughed out loud a decent of number times. In my shitty opinion, it's the best animated film since Toy Story 3.

MetalIsArt
02-21-2014, 04:03 AM
Neither did I and like you I was shocked to see all the postive reviews for it. After seeing it, it's completely justified. The humor is way more geared towards adults than kids and I laughed out loud a decent of number times. In my shitty opinion, it's the best animated film since Toy Story 3.

Do they use "classic" lego sets or only the newer ones?

powerslave_85
02-21-2014, 07:10 AM
The Lego Movie was fucking brilliant. I loved every minute of it.

TheWildAndTheYoung
02-22-2014, 06:39 PM
The Lego Movie was, in the true since of the word, EPIC.Definitely one of the best animated movies I've seen.Loved the Middle-Earth reference!

Natrlhi
02-23-2014, 03:54 PM
Lego Movie was okay. I saw it with my three and a half year old and he was glued to it. Some of the jokes were funny, and the cameos. I still love Will Ferrell so when he came in at the end I started laughing before he said a word. And then the bits with his son at the very end were touching.

My son wanted more Star Wars though.
Pretty much all of this. I saw it with my boys who are 3 and 7, and they loved it. I thought it was pretty awesome, too. Lots of great cameos, references to other movies and memories of stuff I did or liked when I was a kid.

MetalIsArt
02-24-2014, 03:43 AM
Ok, this is my next one to watch.

Natrlhi
03-02-2014, 04:59 PM
My wife and I went to see "Her" for my birthday on Friday afternoon. It was incredible. Such a great film on multiple levels.

Later that day, I took my son to see "Robocop". It was just OK. I think they tried too hard to simultaneously pay homage to the original while making something unique and new. The ending was different, and the story was more complex, but neither of these were improvements. Gary Oldman was great, though (no surprise there).

Before that, the theater showed previews for the new X-Men and Spidey films, and both look rather promising (especially the latter). Both casts from the X-Men movies together on the screen at the same time? Yes, please. :drool:

adamclark52
03-02-2014, 05:36 PM
The Lego Movie was, in the true since of the word, EPIC.Definitely one of the best animated movies I've seen.Loved the Middle-Earth reference!

I loved that they made Dumbledore sound like such a pansy next to Gandalf.

XDoomsayerX
03-02-2014, 06:19 PM
I loved that they made Dumbledore sound like such a pansy next to Gandalf.

This!!!!!!!!!!!

Saw Gravity and Lego Movie again last night, both awesome! Seriously Lego Movie is beyond funny so many lol moments :tongue:

dcmetal108
03-02-2014, 07:33 PM
Saw Non-Stop. It was okay at best. Two old chicks got in a quick 2 minute fight in the middle of it a few seats away from me. Everyone else in the sold out theater got up and a few ran and I remained seated watching the movie lol.

Going to see 3 Days To Kill tomorrow. Heard its okay but it has Amber Heard in it and she is too fucking sexy.

DisposableJustice
03-02-2014, 10:24 PM
Saw the Lego Movie; it was very good, ok story but awesome animation and a treat to see Lego use all its licenses made it even better...best animated film I've seen since Wreck it Ralph

DisposableJustice
03-15-2014, 07:56 PM
300 Rise of an Empire: Quite good I feel like they focused some more story in this one and the visuals were great of course; I still like the first one a bit more but I look forward to the 3rd one

BloodoftheKings
03-15-2014, 08:26 PM
I went to see The Grand Budapest Hotel last night. I wouldn't say I was disappointed but Wes Anderson's last 2 (Fantastic Mr. Fox and Moonrise Kingdom) set the bar pretty high. I'd say this one was about on par with The Life Aquatic and The Darjeeling Limited. The visuals were fantastic and there was a little more laugh out loud humor than you would expect from a Wes Anderson movie. Adrien Brody really steals the show in some scenes.

DisposableJustice
03-18-2014, 07:46 PM
It's not due til 2015, but I'll be in line

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1FNL_iIp5c

dcmetal108
03-18-2014, 08:07 PM
It's not due til 2015, but I'll be in line

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1FNL_iIp5c

OMFG :D :D :D

But saw Need For Speed and Mr. Peabody and Sherman tonight.

NFS was better than expected. Fun racing film, no brainer of course

Peabody and Sherman was really fun. Great comedy, nice visuals though at times a little too many fart, boobs, butt joke.

Natrlhi
03-24-2014, 07:17 AM
I went to see The Grand Budapest Hotel last night. I wouldn't say I was disappointed but Wes Anderson's last 2 (Fantastic Mr. Fox and Moonrise Kingdom) set the bar pretty high. I'd say this one was about on par with The Life Aquatic and The Darjeeling Limited. The visuals were fantastic and there was a little more laugh out loud humor than you would expect from a Wes Anderson movie. Adrien Brody really steals the show in some scenes.

I saw this yesterday with my wife. We both loved it. Brody did steal most of his scenes, you're right. All of the characters were so funny and interesting, and I thought the visuals and music were fantastic. Quirky and fun - typical Wes Anderson. That said, I haven't seen his last few (Darjeeling, Fox, Kingdom), so I wouldn't know how this one compares. Liked it a lot, though. I was worried when my wife suggested going to the movies because I thought there was nothing but crap out there. I was almost right, I guess. :D

illuminatus917
03-29-2014, 12:51 PM
I went to see Divergent yesterday.

6.5/10

A sequel has the potential to be better.

TonyD
03-29-2014, 03:53 PM
Whoever is rebooting these old cartoons as 3D animated (or live action) movies needs to eat a bag of dicks.

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-29-2014, 03:58 PM
I went to see Divergent yesterday.

6.5/10

A sequel has the potential to be better.

I'd give it a 5/10 personally, felt way to long for some reason and I had no idea what the freak was going on at the beginning.

adamclark52
03-29-2014, 04:04 PM
Whoever is rebooting these old cartoons as 3D animated (or live action) movies needs to eat a bag of dicks.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/43616638.jpg

BloodoftheKings
03-29-2014, 05:00 PM

I couldn't believe how many people were posting that Micheal Bay TMNT trailer on facebook and saying it looks good.

You would have to pay me to go see that shit.

illuminatus917
03-29-2014, 05:22 PM
I'd give it a 5/10 personally, felt way to long for some reason and I had no idea what the freak was going on at the beginning.

Neither did I. My sister had to explain it to me. She's read the novels and I haven't.

dcmetal108
03-29-2014, 07:09 PM
Saw Sabotage tonight.

Pretty decent action thriller type film.

mastodon421
03-30-2014, 01:46 PM
See I really didn't think Divergent was that confusing at the beginning and I hadn't read the book. The faction name-dropping kind of confused me later on, but other than I never really felt like I was lost while watching it. Definitely a solid, consistently engaging opening to the trilogy that set up a lot of potential for the sequels.

mastodon421
03-30-2014, 01:49 PM
Also saw Noah, all I can say is holy shit. Probably going to have require a second viewing to process everything, but Darren Aronofsky made an absolute spectacle of a film and managed to put his unique stamp on one of the famous stories of all-time.

adamclark52
03-30-2014, 03:48 PM
I took my son to see the LEGO Movie again today. It was more enjoyable the second time.

I think the last time I saw a movie in theatres twice was Revenge of the Sith. So almost ten years ago.

dcmetal108
03-30-2014, 04:16 PM
Also saw Noah, all I can say is holy shit. Probably going to have require a second viewing to process everything, but Darren Aronofsky made an absolute spectacle of a film and managed to put his unique stamp on one of the famous stories of all-time.

I'll check it on dvd. Really don't care for movies based off biblical things plus the previews don't woo me enough.

mastodon421
03-30-2014, 04:55 PM
I'll check it on dvd. Really don't care for movies based off biblical things plus the previews don't woo me enough.

Trailers didn't impress me either. I pretty much only saw it because of Aronofsky's involvement and was honestly a bit surprised with how much I enjoyed it.

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-30-2014, 05:36 PM

I want to see this so bad, it looks epic.

dcmetal108
03-30-2014, 06:28 PM
Trailers didn't impress me either. I pretty much only saw it because of Aronofsky's involvement and was honestly a bit surprised with how much I enjoyed it.

Ill be seeing Grand Budapest Hotel Thursday and Raid 2 on Sat morning.

Dextrimental
03-31-2014, 03:00 AM
Noah's a definite DVD purchase for me. These big-budget CGI fest adaptations are getting a bit tiresome. I'm just counting down the days to Godzilla :D

dcmetal108
04-03-2014, 04:00 PM
The Grand Budapest Hotel was fucking phenomenal.

XDoomsayerX
04-03-2014, 08:30 PM
The Grand Budapest Hotel was fucking phenomenal.

10/10

Bout to go to Cap Merica premiere just cause lol

Natrlhi
04-07-2014, 09:26 AM
Bout to go to Cap Merica premiere just cause lolSounds like you were being a bit of an apologist there, but I don't see why. The previews got more and more awesome the closer we got to the release date, and the reviews have been very positive.

I myself saw the movie yesterday with my wife and seven-year-old son, and we all loved it. Very solid movie, and perhaps one of the best superhero movies period (at least so far). I knew it would rock, but I was a bit dubious when I started hearing buzz such as "it's better than The Avengers". As it turns out, that statement isn't far off from being true. In some ways, I think the movie was actually better, but it's hard to imagine a movie surpassing The Avengers if only for the sheer number of awesome characters that Avengers brought to the screen. However, Cap 2 gives it a hell of a run - it really does.

For one thing, the fight scenes are to die for. They are gritty and realistic and utterly fascinating - one of the best aspects of the film. Then - and I won't go too far here because I don't want to put any spoilers out here - there is the plot, which I'll just say is very complex, rich and filled with surprises and several huge bombs which are dropped (speaking both literally as well as metaphorically). There's also the acting - which is great for a superhero movie - as well as the excellent balance between cheese and seriousness when it comes to the litany of great one-liners and occasional humorous moments.

The bottom line is, the movies fires on all eight cylinders for two hours and fifteen minutes (which brings me to one of its few noticeable potential flaws - some fans might not have the stomach for the amount of stuff that actually happens in this movie), and it's packed with plenty of superhero goodness to sink your teeth into. I'll definitely be investing in the Blu-Ray when it comes out.

On a side note, there were several good trailers attached to Cap 2. As much as I hate to say it, the new Spidey film is looking better and better every time I see a new preview for it. Expectations have gone from low to very high for that one. It looks dark and packed with action as well as plot. Also, it looks like Guardians of the Galaxy might be surprisingly good as well. Hell - even the trailer I saw for Maleficent looked pretty damn good. The one trailer I saw that was cringeworthy, though, is the one for TMNT. Them toitles should have stayed in the sewer. Shit does NOT look good at all.

Dextrimental
04-07-2014, 09:48 AM
Captain America has been getting stellar reviews. I'll HOPEFULLY see it this weekend or next week. People have been regularly calling it one of the best comic book hero films.

mankvill
04-07-2014, 09:58 AM
I have just about abhored every superhero movie in recent memory besides the first Iron Man, but I've been told Captain America is really good. Need to watch it and see if I want to see the 2nd one.

adamclark52
04-07-2014, 10:23 AM
I had to watch that TMNT trailer just to see how bad it was. Are you guys talking about the one that's more April O'Neil than anything and with the "relax, it's just a mask" line? If so, then yeah that looks horrid.

But I stumbled across this one too. It looks like it was made a few years ago and if this was the movie it looked like it could've been really good.

TMNT: Fight of the Foot (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAQ2nMnF_x0)

XDoomsayerX
04-07-2014, 10:32 AM
I thought Captain America was a solid film, just too long and once again like most Marvel films we got an okay villain. SPOILER KINDA: I wanted way more Winter Soldier story and fight scenes with him. Also Black Widow got so much screen time. If you're a comic book fan then you just def check it out though.

Also saw Noah, it was a surprisingly good flick.

Rankings right now:
1)Grand Budapest Hotel-10/10
2)The Lego Movie-9.5/10
3)Noah-7.5/10
4)Captain America 2-7/10
5)Lone Survivor-7/10

Natrlhi
04-07-2014, 11:17 AM
I have just about abhored every superhero movie in recent memory besides the first Iron Man, but I've been told Captain America is really good. Need to watch it and see if I want to see the 2nd one.I DO NOT recommend watching the first Cap to determine whether or not to see the second. Not that the first Cap movie isn't good, but Cap 2 is basically "The Avengers 1.5" in that it is the bridge movie between the two Avengers movies. There's so much more in this film than just a continuation of the plot / tone of the first Cap.

Plus, what more do you need than an honest review from a guy who tries as much as possible to be objective in his reviews of everything and is an admitted huge fan of the first Iron Man film?

Not to mention, I'm your FUCKING FATHER, DAMMIT. YOU'LL SEE CAP 2 AND YOU'LL LIKE IT!!!

I thought Captain America was a solid film, just too long and once again like most Marvel films we got an okay villain. SPOILER KINDA: I wanted way more Winter Soldier story and fight scenes with him. Also Black Widow got so much screen time. If you're a comic book fan then you just def check it out though.Agreed on all points except Black Widow. Winter Soldier could have been a better villain if he'd had more screen time, I think. The fight scenes with him in them were awesome, though - especially when he fought Cap. That was a brutally good match-up.

More Scarlett is never a bad thing. ;)

powerslave_85
04-07-2014, 11:28 AM
I thought Cap 2 was excellent, easily one of the three best Marvel movies so far. Like Nat said, the action scenes were outstanding.

I just feel bad for all the people working in DC in that movie. Beltway traffic is bad enough without fucking burning aircraft carriers falling from the sky.

Natrlhi
04-07-2014, 11:44 AM
I had to watch that TMNT trailer just to see how bad it was. Are you guys talking about the one that's more April O'Neil than anything and with the "relax, it's just a mask" line? If so, then yeah that looks horrid.Yeah, that's the one. Even my seven-year-old son looked at me and said "Dad, that looks like it's gonna be stupid." :lol:

One more trailer I forgot to mention...I saw yet another expanded trailer for the next X-Men movie. I cannot explain how beyond stoked I am to see that film. It looks sofa. King. Awesome. Even the trailer gives me goosebumps. In my opinion, X-Men: First Class is one of the best superhero films ever made, and the new one looks even better than that.

powerslave_85
04-07-2014, 11:51 AM
Yeah, Days of Future Past is going to be fucking bonkers.

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-07-2014, 12:21 PM
Yeah, that's the one. Even my seven-year-old son looked at me and said "Dad, that looks like it's gonna be stupid." :lol:

One more trailer I forgot to mention...I saw yet another expanded trailer for the next X-Men movie. I cannot explain how beyond stoked I am to see that film. It looks sofa. King. Awesome. Even the trailer gives me goosebumps. In my opinion, X-Men: First Class is one of the best superhero films ever made, and the new one looks even better than that.

As long as they fix a lot of the continuity issues, this movie is going to to be epic. The main thing I want explained is that in the first one, Xavier said that Cyclops and Jean were his first students, but they are clearly not in First Class. Two other things that need to be explained though are 1) Emma Frost being old in First Class and being young in Origins, and 2) how Xavier was standing and bald in Origins.

AnthG
04-07-2014, 01:15 PM
I'll say this: Captain America 2 had less luls than the Avengers. After the intro scene Avengers took a while to get going, and in some instances is kinda boring. Captain America 2 seemed like a Bourne movie with an energy drink in its system in some parts. While I'm not sure if it is better than the Avengers overall, it definitely moves better and is paced better, and is, so far, the best "solo" film in the Marvel cinematic universe.

The one thing that is kind of lame about the Phase 2 Marvel solo films is that after The Avengers, we know they all know each other and stuff, so why aren't the other avengers helping each other out and shit? (Spoiler ahead, probably) The only explanation I can think of that's been floating around is that the events of Iron Man 3, Thor 2, and Captain America 2 are kind of taking place at around the same time. I mean when Tony Stark might have been dead in Iron Man 3 and the papers were showing it, and none of the other Avengers or Nick Fury stepped in to investigate, it was like "well, we know why they're doing it because of the solo films and stuff, but in the context of the story it doesn't make a lot of sense", but I guess if Fury and Captain America and the rest of SHIELD were all pre occupied with the events of The Winter Soldier to really care for what was going on with Stark and The Mandarin, while Thor was simultaneously dealing with his bullshit in London and on Asgard, then I guess it makes sense, as easy and cop-out-like as that explanation would be.

Natrlhi
04-07-2014, 01:51 PM
Look...there are some possible explanations about why the other Avengers were not involved in the plot of Cap 2 in this article (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/07/captain-america-winter-soldier-spoilers_n_5017674.html), but the bottom line to both of you is that nitpickers are never satisfied, so if that's going to be your approach to these movies then you're probably going to miss out on a lot of good entertainment value because of a tendency to overthink things too much.

Check your brains at the door and have some fucking fun - these movies are way too awesome to waste time obsessing on minor details.

powerslave_85
04-07-2014, 02:01 PM
"Why didn't Iron Man come help Cap??" "Because Robert Downey Jr. is expensive."

Dextrimental
04-07-2014, 02:37 PM
As long as they fix a lot of the continuity issues, this movie is going to to be epic. The main thing I want explained is that in the first one, Xavier said that Cyclops and Jean were his first students, but they are clearly not in First Class. Two other things that need to be explained though are 1) Emma Frost being old in First Class and being young in Origins, and 2) how Xavier was standing and bald in Origins.

I wouldn't expect much of that if I'm honest, Origins is too much of a cluster fuck to be counted as serious canon. Days of Future Past is a time travel story so obviously some of it can be fixed, but you gotta remember different people wrote that to the rest. First Class and Days of Future Past have basically the same writing team, which makes sense as this is combining the timelines of First Class and the trilogy.

Basically, disregard Origins and you'll be just fine :lol:

I'm VERY stoked for Days of Future Past. VERY ambitious film for them to be attempting. X-Men: Apocalypse is apparently next up, and it you though Avengers was a big piece of superhero film-making, if done right Apocalypse will be on another level.

AnthG
04-07-2014, 03:16 PM
Look...there are some possible explanations about why the other Avengers were not involved in the plot of Cap 2 in this article (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/07/captain-america-winter-soldier-spoilers_n_5017674.html), but the bottom line to both of you is that nitpickers are never satisfied, so if that's going to be your approach to these movies then you're probably going to miss out on a lot of good entertainment value because of a tendency to overthink things too much.

Check your brains at the door and have some fucking fun - these movies are way too awesome to waste time obsessing on minor details.

That article makes a good point about it not being expected in the comics. Otherwise the only comic series we would have would be Avengers and Justice league.

I don't really read comics (most of my interest in superheroes and stuff came through television), so i'm not really "nitpicking", more just wondering "hey, why don't they call in for backup, or something".

I agree to a certain extent of not taking these films seriously, but the "Checking your brains at the door" comment only goes so far. There's a reason we can enjoy Marvel films and the Nolan Batman films while not enjoying Transformers and Battleship, other movies that ask us to check our brains at the door.

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-07-2014, 03:46 PM
I wouldn't expect much of that if I'm honest, Origins is too much of a cluster fuck to be counted as serious canon. Days of Future Past is a time travel story so obviously some of it can be fixed, but you gotta remember different people wrote that to the rest. First Class and Days of Future Past have basically the same writing team, which makes sense as this is combining the timelines of First Class and the trilogy.

Basically, disregard Origins and you'll be just fine :lol:

I'm VERY stoked for Days of Future Past. VERY ambitious film for them to be attempting. X-Men: Apocalypse is apparently next up, and it you though Avengers was a big piece of superhero film-making, if done right Apocalypse will be on another level.

Well I read an interview with a guy from the team that is making Days Of Future Past, and he said it will definitely fix some stuff. But no matter what it's gonna be epic and I'm really excited about Bishop, Blink, Sunspot, and Quicksilver (though the next Avengers is gonna have a Quicksilver to, so that's gonna be weird). I'm hoping that X-Men: Apocalypse is actually going to have Apocalypse and not end up being just a misleading title that actually means something else (I wouldn't think that would be the case, but that just seams like something that they would pull).

On a side note, I know this is never ever in my wildest superhero dreams gonna happen, but it would super awesome if they had a Ultimate Alliance movie after phase 3 of the Avengers. It doesn't even need to be all the heroes that are in Ultimate Alliance, I think Avengers (including Falcon and War Machine), X-Men, Spider-Man, Blade, and Daredevil (and maybe even the Guardians Of The Galaxy) would do just fine, though the budget would be threw the roof. And even more un-realistic would be to have a Marvel Civil War movie after that, but that would be freakin' epic.

Dextrimental
04-07-2014, 03:58 PM
Well I read an interview with a guy from the team that is making Days Of Future Past, and he said it will definitely fix some stuff. But no matter what it's gonna be epic and I'm really excited about Bishop, Blink, Sunspot, and Quicksilver (though the next Avengers is gonna have a Quicksilver to, so that's gonna be weird). I'm hoping that X-Men: Apocalypse is actually going to have Apocalypse and not end up being just a misleading title that actually means something else (I wouldn't think that would be the case, but that just seams like something that they would pull).

On a side note, I know this is never ever in my wildest superhero dreams gonna happen, but it would super awesome if they had a Ultimate Alliance movie after phase 3 of the Avengers. It doesn't even need to be all the heroes that are in Ultimate Alliance, I think Avengers (including Falcon and War Machine), X-Men, Spider-Man, Blade, and Daredevil (and maybe even the Guardians Of The Galaxy) would do just fine, though the budget would be threw the roof. And even more un-realistic would be to have a Marvel Civil War movie after that, but that would be freakin' epic.

Nah, it'll have Apocalypse. Marvel movie-verse is being very, very smart right now, they're in it for the long haul. Apocalypse will be the pinnacle though, I think. Ultimate Alliance and Civil War's rosters are too big, and the stories aren't altogether conducive to films. But hey, we'll see what happens in the next two decades :lol:

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-07-2014, 04:26 PM
Nah, it'll have Apocalypse. Marvel movie-verse is being very, very smart right now, they're in it for the long haul. Apocalypse will be the pinnacle though, I think. Ultimate Alliance and Civil War's rosters are too big, and the stories aren't altogether conducive to films. But hey, we'll see what happens in the next two decades :lol:

Yea your probably right, but I would like to see some mash up of super heroes sometime though. Guardians Of The Galaxy/Avengers might not be to far out of reality, and I would honestly think of a movie with Wolverine and Spider-Man would be kinda cool. This probably sounds stupid but they could maybe condense the Civil War roster, change the story a little, and make an X-Men vs. The Avengers, X-Men being the "rebel" team in this case (since they still say in the first Cap that his shield is made out of Adamantium, there's a connection to a shared universe, a loose connection, but still a connection). The producer for Amazing Spider-Man also said that he would like to see a shared universe with The Avengers and Spider-Man, so I guess there is still some hope for some crossovers. Just an idea though, in the end I just want them to be making Marvel movies for a long time.

I'm guessing there might be another Incredible Hulk soon with Mark Ruffalo (maybe Red Hulk as the enemy?), and based off what I heard on the Marvel special a couple of weeks ago, I think they might start killing off some of the Avengers and making way for another team like the comics (just a guess).

As far as Spider-Man goes, I just hope Mysterio and Carnage will be in the next two in some shape or form. Considering they are planning to release a Sinister Six movie, I can say Mysterio will most likely be in it, and the final Spider-Man will probably be him against the Sinister Six. So third movie should have Carnage, just saying.

Dextrimental
04-07-2014, 04:40 PM
Yea your probably right, but I would like to see some mash up of super heroes sometime though. Guardians Of The Galaxy/Avengers might not be to far out of reality, and I would honestly think of a movie with Wolverine and Spider-Man would be kinda cool. This probably sounds stupid but they could maybe condense the Civil War roster, change the story a little, and make an X-Men vs. The Avengers (X-Men being the "rebel" team in this case). The producer for Amazing Spider-Man also said that he would like to see a shared universe with The Avengers and Spider-Man, so I guess there is still some hope for some crossovers. Just an idea though, in the end I just want them to be making Marvel movies for a long time.

I'm guessing there might be another Incredible Hulk soon with Mark Ruffalo (maybe Red Hulk as the enemy?), and based off what I heard on the Marvel special a couple of weeks ago, I think they might start killing off some of the Avengers and making way for another team like the comics (just a guess).

As far as Spider-Man goes, I just hope Mysterio and Carnage will be in the next two in some shape or form. Considering they are planning to release a Sinister Six movie, I can say Mysterio will most likely be in it, and the final Spider-Man will probably be him against the Sinister Six. So third movie should have Carnage, just saying.

You are aware X-Men Vs. Avengers already exists as a comic crossover, right? A crossover is somewhat inevitable with how Marvel are doing things right now, just got to set up all the tangential characters and story-arcs first.

People are hungry for a proper Ruffalo Hulk film. Hopefully we get one after Avengers 2. The Avengers are definitely getting a shake up next film, Evans, Downey and Hemsworth have all stated they don't want to make major films anymore.

Yeah, I'm dying for a Mysterio and Carnage film too. Venom is confirmed for a spin-off, as is Sinister Six, so hopefully Carnage and Mysterio are a part of that. Carnage is dangerous for the film though, very tough to keep things PG with Carnage in the movie, and Spider-Man has always been PG in movie form. If I had to predict villains for the third Spidey film, I'd say Mysterio and Green Goblin. Carnage is too risque.

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-07-2014, 04:49 PM
You are aware X-Men Vs. Avengers already exists as a comic crossover, right? A crossover is somewhat inevitable with how Marvel are doing things right now, just got to set up all the tangential characters and story-arcs first.

People are hungry for a proper Ruffalo Hulk film. Hopefully we get one after Avengers 2. The Avengers are definitely getting a shake up next film, Evans, Downey and Hemsworth have all stated they don't want to make major films anymore.

Yeah, I'm dying for a Mysterio and Carnage film too. Venom is confirmed for a spin-off, as is Sinister Six, so hopefully Carnage and Mysterio are a part of that. Carnage is dangerous for the film though, very tough to keep things PG with Carnage in the movie, and Spider-Man has always been PG in movie form. If I had to predict villains for the third Spidey film, I'd say Mysterio and Green Goblin. Carnage is too risque.

Yea I know they are a crossover in the comics, but I was just referring to the movie world. If they take Downey out, you can bet your bottom dollar a LOT of people will be upset, but then again what a better way to shock everyone? Probably would be the most unexpected thing in any movie.

And about Carnage, I guess you are right (my brother keeps saying they should just make a horror film about Carnage alone), but he IS my favorite super villain so I will definitely keep on dreaming that he will be in one. And Green Goblin is in the next Spider-Man, you didn't know that?

Anyway I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about how awesome a X-Men/Avengers movie will be.

AnthG
04-07-2014, 05:29 PM

On a side note, I know this is never ever in my wildest superhero dreams gonna happen, but it would super awesome if they had a Ultimate Alliance movie after phase 3 of the Avengers. It doesn't even need to be all the heroes that are in Ultimate Alliance, I think Avengers (including Falcon and War Machine), X-Men, Spider-Man, Blade, and Daredevil (and maybe even the Guardians Of The Galaxy) would do just fine.

You're aware that the main reason behind something like this not happening is because all of the film rights to these characters are housed across different studios, right? Marvel Studios (owned by Disney) doesn't own the film rights a lot of their big titles. The big ones being Spiderman (rights belong to Sony) and Xmen and Fantastic Four (20th Century Fox). So if you're hoping for the entire Marvel universe to get together, well, tough shit dude.

Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch are the two characters where the rights to those characters are split amongst Marvel and 20th Century Fox, which is why, as you stated, we're going to be seeing two different incarnations of Quicksilver. I'm not a big comic book reader so I know next to nothing about his publication and character history, but any relationship he has with Xmen in the comics obviously won't be mentioned in any of the Marvel studios films. They probably won't even mention that he's a mutant. Same with the 20th Century Fox Quicksiler that'll be in Days of Future Past. No references to his tie-ins with the Avengers in the comics.

Here's a guide to help you out:

http://37.media.tumblr.com/c8b726afcb7f96b706823f0d83aedf84/tumblr_n0sbtcJKyr1qa0uujo1_1280.png

You'll notice that Daredevil, Blade, Ghost Rider, and Punisher are all back with Marvel now, but only after they all had movies done by other studios, so it's unlikely they'll reboot all of those characters just for the sake of tying them into their film universe (despite doing it with Hulk). The only way Marvel is getting the rights back is if Sony and 20th Century respectively go a certain amount of time without making any titles involving these characters. That's why we keep seeing a new Xmen film every 2-3 years, why Fantastic Four is being rebooted, and why Sony's already greenlit Amazing Spiderman 3 and 4. Sony and Disney couldn't even come to an agreement to get Oscorp Tower in the Avengers for a brief skyline shot.

Fantasize about this all you want, it's not going to happen until Sony and 20th Century Fox decide that they hate money.

People are hungry for a proper Ruffalo Hulk film. Hopefully we get one after Avengers 2.

I've seen people ask about this all the time, and I always think the same thing. The Hulk/Bruce Banner that Ruffalo is playing isn't simply a reboot of the Norton version. They're both playing the same character in the same universe. This isn't like when Eric Bana played the Hulk in 2003 and Marvel Studios rebooted it with Norton. So getting another Hulk film with Ruffalo is unlikely. Plus, as a comic book reading buddy of mine pointed out a while back: What more can you really do with the Hulk? Have him keep running from the army? There also wouldn't be anything all that compelling since Joss Whedon decided "hey, let's just have Bruce banner be able to control his powers now, because fuck it."

And personally, I thought Norton's portrayal of Bruce Banner and the Hulk were best of the three. Shame he pissed too many people off and talks broke down between him and the studio.

EDIT: Here's a guy (http://www.comicvine.com/marvel/4010-31/forums/the-marvel-movie-character-rights-and-where-they-a-666672/) who explains some of this shit a bit more in depth.

illuminatus917
04-07-2014, 05:40 PM
Man, this is a great thread going here.

(my brother keeps saying they should just make a horror film about Carnage alone)

I agree with him. They should also make one centered around... wait for it... The Hate-mongerer.

http://i61.tinypic.com/30931jr.png

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-07-2014, 05:51 PM
You're aware that the main reason behind something like this not happening is because all of the film rights to these characters are housed across different studios, right? Marvel Studios (owned by Disney) doesn't own the film rights a lot of their big titles. The big ones being Spiderman (rights belong to Sony) and Xmen and Fantastic Four (20th Century Fox). So if you're hoping for the entire Marvel universe to get together, well, tough shit dude.

Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch are the two characters where the rights to those characters are split amongst Marvel and 20th Century Fox, which is why, as you stated, we're going to be seeing two different incarnations of Quicksilver. I'm not a big comic book reader so I know next to nothing about his publication and character history, but any relationship he has with Xmen in the comics obviously won't be mentioned in any of the Marvel studios films. They probably won't even mention that he's a mutant. Same with the 20th Century Fox Quicksiler that'll be in Days of Future Past. No references to his tie-ins with the Avengers in the comics.

Here's a guide to help you out:

http://37.media.tumblr.com/c8b726afcb7f96b706823f0d83aedf84/tumblr_n0sbtcJKyr1qa0uujo1_1280.png

You'll notice that Daredevil, Blade, Ghost Rider, and Punisher are all back with Marvel now, but only after they all had movies done by other studios, so it's unlikely they'll reboot all of those characters just for the sake of tying them into their film universe (despite doing it with Hulk). The only way Marvel is getting the rights back is if Sony and 20th Century respectively go a certain amount of time without making any titles involving these characters. That's why we keep seeing a new Xmen film every 2-3 years, why Fantastic Four is being rebooted, and why Sony's already greenlit Amazing Spiderman 3 and 4. Sony and Disney couldn't even come to an agreement to get Oscorp Tower in the Avengers for a brief skyline shot.

Fantasize about this all you want, it's not going to happen until Sony and 20th Century Fox decide that they hate money.

I've seen people ask about this all the time, and I always think the same thing. The Hulk/Bruce Banner that Ruffalo is playing isn't simply a reboot of the Norton version. They're both playing the same character in the same universe. This isn't like when Eric Bana played the Hulk in 2003 and Marvel Studios rebooted it with Norton. So getting another Hulk film with Ruffalo is unlikely. Plus, as a comic book reading buddy of mine pointed out a while back: What more can you really do with the Hulk? Have him keep running from the army? There also wouldn't be anything all that compelling since Joss Whedon decided "hey, let's just have Bruce banner be able to control his powers now, because fuck it."

And personally, I thought Norton's portrayal of Bruce Banner and the Hulk were best of the three. Shame he pissed too many people off and talks broke down between him and the studio.

What?!?!? the movies are owned by separate studios?!?!? NO WAY!!!.

You seem to think that I am trying to argue against you on this and saying that "Yep, an Ultimate Alliance is on the way, don't care what anyone says". I clearly stated that I know it's not possible, so there's no need to try spend two whole paragraphs explaining why this isn't going to happen because nothing you said is news to me. And it looks to me that you don't even want these things to happen, otherwise why spend two whole paragraphs being a debbie-downer telling us how "There's no way this is going to happen"? As oppose to what a person who wanted these movies to be made would say, just simply "Yea I wish they could make these movies, unfortunately they are owned by separate studios so we most likely will never get them, sucks."

All I'm saying is that I don't care what studio owns what, I want some crossover movies and like Dex (and a lot of others) said, a X-Men and Avengers crossover is almost inevitable. You can get all technical and be a downer and tell me why these movies will never happen, won't change the fact that are great ideas and would make for some awesome movies.

AnthG
04-07-2014, 06:05 PM
I know it wasn't your comment originally, but if you're aware of the studio rights politics then how is an Xmen/Avengers film crossover "inevitable"?

I wasn't trying to be a debbie downer or condescending with this. I genuinely got the feeling that you maybe weren't aware of the studio stuff. I wasn't really aware of the film rights for these various characters and how everything really worked until around 2010 or something when a friend of mine who's a huge comic-book fan filled me in on what's what with these studios and the rights to these characters.

As far as me not wanting them to happen: Why wouldn't I? Of course I think it'd be cool for Marvel to be able to use as many characters as they wished and all that. Reminds me of when The X-Men showed up in Spiderman: The Animated Series. Shit was bad ass. But Marvel's got a good thing going on right now, and have more characters coming in already with into their universe with the Guardians of the Galaxy film and AntMan coming in 2015 after Avengers 2. It wouldn't necessarily be a slam dunk that they'd be able to make a film with the Avengers and Spiderman and Daredevil and Wolverine and make it work. Look at how much trouble Warner Brothers and DC are having with their Justice League film. And they have ALL of the DC characters to their disposal to use if i'm not mistaken. Sometimes it's easier to do more and better when you don't have a plethora of tempting options where you can go "Okay, and we can do this, and this, and that, and this and this and oh my god it's going to be awesome!" I mean, i'm sure they'd do at least better than some of the movies at the non-Marvel studios (seriously, those Fantastic four films were garbage), but who knows. That's why you have the comics and the animated shows and your own imagination.

Now, if we can find some way to have a proper Deadpool (not "Deadpool" played by Ryan Reynolds in Xmen Origins: Wolverine) have a tense 1-on-1 battle with Deathstoke...man, i'd be game for that.

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-07-2014, 06:43 PM
I know it wasn't your comment originally, but if you're aware of the studio rights politics then how is an Xmen/Avengers film crossover "inevitable"?

I wasn't trying to be a debbie downer or condescending with this. I genuinely got the feeling that you maybe weren't aware of the studio stuff. I wasn't really aware of the film rights for these various characters and how everything really worked until around 2010 or something when a friend of mine who's a huge comic-book fan filled me in on what's what with these studios and the rights to these characters.

As far as me not wanting them to happen: Why wouldn't I? Of course I think it'd be cool for Marvel to be able to use as many characters as they wished and all that. Reminds me of when The X-Men showed up in Spiderman: The Animated Series. Shit was bad ass. But Marvel's got a good thing going on right now, and have more characters coming in already with into their universe with the Guardians of the Galaxy film and AntMan coming in 2015 after Avengers 2. It wouldn't necessarily be a slam dunk that they'd be able to make a film with the Avengers and Spiderman and Daredevil and Wolverine and make it work. Look at how much trouble Warner Brothers and DC are having with their Justice League film. And they have ALL of the DC characters to their disposal to use if i'm not mistaken. Sometimes it's easier to do more and better when you don't have a plethora of tempting options where you can go "Okay, and we can do this, and this, and that, and this and this and oh my god it's going to be awesome!" I mean, i'm sure they'd do at least better than some of the movies at the non-Marvel studios (seriously, those Fantastic four films were garbage), but who knows. That's why you have the comics and the animated shows and your own imagination.

Now, if we can find some way to have a proper Deadpool (not "Deadpool" played by Ryan Reynolds in Xmen Origins: Wolverine) have a tense 1-on-1 battle with Deathstoke...man, i'd be game for that.

You make good points, but I would really like at least one studio to push for a crossover movie of some sort. I could probably make a whole entire Marvel Universe Outline of Movies because of how many ideas I have, the possibilities are endless. You could have a X-Men Vs. Avengers movie or an X-Men with the Avengers that could also lead to having characters like Wolverine and Storm being added to the Avengers team.

Tbh I would be perfectly satisfied if they just did a Wolverine/Spider-Man mash-up, that would just be beyond amazing. At least we can expect some more heroes to join in with Spider-Man in the future two movies.

Dextrimental
04-08-2014, 07:05 AM
I actually wasn't too familiar with the studio politics, thanks for clearing that up! I mean, I was aware of it, but I wasn't familiar with what property belonged to whom. Interesting.

TWATY - Of course I knew Green Goblin is in this Spider-Man, I meant he's going to be in no. 3 too.

I'm pretty stoked with how Marvel's movies are panning out. It's the grown up version of the Saturday morning cartoons. I remember reading that Whedon said that Avenger's was out Ruffalo Hulk film, and I agree, I just hope in phase 3 we might get Planet Hulk or something that will push his character forward a little bit.

Deadpool vs. Deathstroke, or Deadpool vs. Punisher would make me very happy. Please though, less of the Wolverine. I love the character, but his main power is popularity, and The Wolverine was average at best.

AnthG
04-08-2014, 07:20 AM
They've been talking about a Deadpool solo film for years now. I'd like to see one, but I guess one of the hesitations is maybe how much mainstream interest there would be in the character?

Dextrimental
04-08-2014, 07:35 AM
They've been talking about a Deadpool solo film for years now. I'd like to see one, but I guess one of the hesitations is maybe how much mainstream interest there would be in the character?

I don't think it's going to be as big budget as the other Marvel movies of late. I think the hesitance is in content. Deadpool is not an easy character to transfer to screen anyway due to his flamboyance, but throw in the violence that HAS to follow in his stead for it to be a true to the character adaptation and it could be difficult.

A Tarantino or Gareth Evans directed one would be KILLER, though.

ravenheart
04-08-2014, 07:39 AM
It'd surely have more mainstream appeal than Guardians of The Galaxy and Ant-Man...

AnthG
04-08-2014, 07:57 AM
I don't think it's going to be as big budget as the other Marvel movies of late. I think the hesitance is in content. Deadpool is not an easy character to transfer to screen anyway due to his flamboyance, but throw in the violence that HAS to follow in his stead for it to be a true to the character adaptation and it could be difficult.

A Tarantino or Gareth Evans directed one would be KILLER, though.

No thanks.

It'd surely have more mainstream appeal than Guardians of The Galaxy and Ant-Man...

Maybe, but since Guardians and Ant-Man are part of the Marvel cinematic universe to tie in with Avengers 2 and 3 (respectively), those can be looked at as means to ends. Unless Deadpool would be a tie-in with the Xmen universe.

dcmetal108
04-08-2014, 09:55 AM

From what I've heard the problem is funding. No one wants to found a insane over the top violent and vulgar R rated comic film.

Look at Dredd, film got stellar reviews and might get a sequel if someone will fund that but the film didn't gross a lot in the states.

Dextrimental
04-08-2014, 11:59 AM
From what I've heard the problem is funding. No one wants to found a insane over the top violent and vulgar R rated comic film.

Look at Dredd, film got stellar reviews and might get a sequel if someone will fund that but the film didn't gross a lot in the states.

Yup, Dredd might be getting a sequel because it has festered in the underground - box office it barely made it's money, but fans were driven enough to start an online campaign and are actively hijacking every popularity contest they can to get Dredd publicity. 2000 AD even push all the posts online and printed advertisements in the comics. Marvel wouldn't bother doing that for Deadpool because they already have much bigger projects to look after.

Honestly, I can't think fo any one reason why Deadpool isn't happening, but it's not like Marvel aren't churning them out regardless.

ravenheart
04-08-2014, 01:03 PM
Unless Deadpool would be a tie-in with the Xmen universe.

I did think that was the point.

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-08-2014, 01:40 PM
Please though, more of the Wolverine.

fixed :D

Dextrimental
04-08-2014, 01:54 PM
fixed :D

You must love popularity as a superpower ;)

So, Captain America 3 and Batman Vs. Superman feat. every DC hero they can shoe-horn in in 2016. That'll be interesting. My money's on Cap, Marvel are too set up with a trusting fanbase.

MetalIsArt
04-12-2014, 04:20 AM
You must love popularity as a superpower ;)

So, Captain America 3 and Batman Vs. Superman feat. every DC hero they can shoe-horn in in 2016. That'll be interesting. My money's on Cap, Marvel are too set up with a trusting fanbase.

No, I love Jackman's portrayal as Wolverine. HE NO HAZ DA RIGHT SOIZE OTHER ACTOR IS DA BETTAH CHOICE and NO MO WOLVERINEZ AS MAIN CHARACTURRR don't change that.

And yes, I quite like the Singer X-Men films in general.

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-12-2014, 05:57 AM
So people are thinking that Cap is gonna die in the third one and going to be replaced by Bucky just like the comics, this would be interesting if they decided to go that direction. Since they plan to have Bucky in seven more films, I would think it's highly likely.

And regarding the crossover thing, wouldn't Marvel eventually have to have one if the history of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch is to be explained? I mean unless they completely change Marvel history their dad is Magneto, so wouldn't that have to be shown sometime in the future?

AnthG
04-12-2014, 06:20 AM
I doubt they're going to actually change anything per se about those characters, just obviously decide what about them to say. They'll just be people with superpowers. In the comics they were recruited into the Avengers by Iron Man right? So maybe it'll start with something like that. They won't be able to mention anything about them being mutants and stuff as stated before, but nothing will have to be changed, just ignored.

Based on what i've read on Wikipedia about the characters, 20th Century Fox has a bit of a upperhand here, since Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch joining the Avengers didn't come happen until much later and their character history starting with the X-Men. They also have their version of Quicksilver being shown first (I'm don't even know if Scarlett Witch is going to be in Days of Future Past. Is she?).

MetalIsArt
04-12-2014, 07:59 AM
I think she dies, yeah.

dcmetal108
04-14-2014, 05:11 PM
Saw Raid 2. Story was kinda confusing and dragged on but holy fuck is it violent!

Dextrimental
04-20-2014, 11:51 AM
amazing Spider-Man 2 is pretty bad. Like, pretty really bad. Very mixed feelings.

XDoomsayerX
04-20-2014, 09:14 PM
Oculus was entertaining, def felt low budget but still aight. 6.5/10

John The Drummer
04-21-2014, 08:21 AM
amazing Spider-Man 2 is pretty bad. Like, pretty really bad. Very mixed feelings.

I had very mixed feelings about the first Amazing Spider-Man. I prefer the universe of the first trilogy (3 should have been two different movies, though). How does it compare to the first ASM?

Dextrimental
04-21-2014, 10:52 AM
I had very mixed feelings about the first Amazing Spider-Man. I prefer the universe of the first trilogy (3 should have been two different movies, though). How does it compare to the first ASM?

I'm a big Tobey Maguire Spider-Man fan myself!

I didn't enjoy the first ASM much, but it's better than this one. The serious acting in this one is better - Aunt May, Harry Osborn, Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy turn in great performances and have some very poignant key moments. The problem is the villains are on the wrong side of cartoony with Electro being flat out ridiculous and ill-explained and ill-developed. Rhino isn't in the film - One scene at the start as a regular human and then one scene at the end with the suit doesn't justify his presence.

It is worth seeing for the serious performances and story-telling for Peter Parker's circle, but the actual villains and battle just bring the quality way down, at least in my opinion.

John The Drummer
04-21-2014, 11:13 AM
I'm a big Tobey Maguire Spider-Man fan myself!

I didn't enjoy the first ASM much, but it's better than this one. The serious acting in this one is better - Aunt May, Harry Osborn, Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy turn in great performances and have some very poignant key moments. The problem is the villains are on the wrong side of cartoony with Electro being flat out ridiculous and ill-explained and ill-developed. Rhino isn't in the film - One scene at the start as a regular human and then one scene at the end with the suit doesn't justify his presence.

It is worth seeing for the serious performances and story-telling for Peter Parker's circle, but the actual villains and battle just bring the quality way down, at least in my opinion.

So, what you're saying is that all the footage of Rhino that was in the previews was basically ALL the footage in the actual movie? :lol:

And also, was there any sort of cliffhanger ending that would lead into the third one?

mastodon421
04-21-2014, 11:16 AM
Just watched Ride Along: Starts off kind of rough, but ultimately is a pretty amusing movie. Kevin Hart and Ice Cube have a great chemistry together.

Dextrimental
04-21-2014, 11:31 AM
So, what you're saying is that all the footage of Rhino that was in the previews was basically ALL the footage in the actual movie? :lol:

And also, was there any sort of cliffhanger ending that would lead into the third one?

Basically! He isn't even mentioned and is of no consequence to the plot, unless you count Harry Osborn giving him the Rhino suit at the end.

Nope - film ends with Spider-Man just about to fight Rhino after defeating the films big villains with no new big bad being set up. I mean, Oscorp still exists and are out to get him, but there's no new villain directly introduced or hinted that apart from Easter eggs.

Also, the after credits teaser is for X-Men Days of Future Past. While it's cool the two studios are possibly working together, I'd have very much rather seen a ten second teaser of Venom, or Mysterio, or Carnage or ANYTHING for ASM 3.

John The Drummer
04-21-2014, 11:39 AM
Basically! He isn't even mentioned and is of no consequence to the plot, unless you count Harry Osborn giving him the Rhino suit at the end.

Nope - film ends with Spider-Man just about to fight Rhino after defeating the films big villains with no new big bad being set up. I mean, Oscorp still exists and are out to get him, but there's no new villain directly introduced or hinted that apart from Easter eggs.

Also, the after credits teaser is for X-Men Days of Future Past. While it's cool the two studios are possibly working together, I'd have very much rather seen a ten second teaser of Venom, or Mysterio, or Carnage or ANYTHING for ASM 3.

I bet they'll totally deflate the already fairly empty balloon and have the next bad guy be Kraven or Morbeus :D

AnthG
04-21-2014, 11:50 AM
Spoiler alert warnings are awesome.

AnthG
04-21-2014, 11:56 AM

They aren't working together, per se. Marc Webb was still under contract with Fox, so Fox let Marc Webb direct the film and (I think) get out of his contract in return for a free promotion for X-Men Days of Future Past. So no crossing of the movie universes.

BloodoftheKings
04-21-2014, 12:10 PM
I saw a few new ones recently.

Under the Skin
Very strange but definitely enjoyable. I have it figured out for the most part but the story was a little difficult to pick apart. The visuals were really cool and the soundtrack was awesome.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Much better than the first Captain America and probably the best Marvel Studios film besides Avengers. Marvel has pretty much mastered pacing for superhero movies. The action is well spread out, dialogue scenes never drag out too long, and they manage to keep the movie exciting for the whole 2+ hour duration.

The Raid 2
God damn. I'd be really surprised if a better action movie is released this year. They really went all out to make this bigger and more spectacular than the first one. Unlike the first one which is contained to one apartment building, this one is all over the place and lasts about an hour longer. I have to say it tops the first one but if there's anything but if there's anything I prefer about the first one it's the simplicity of the story. The story here is kind of bloated and a little hard to follow at times but that wont keep you from enjoying it. My friend didn't even see the first one and he had a blast.

Dextrimental
04-21-2014, 02:34 PM
Spoiler alert warnings are awesome.

Nothing I said was a spoiler for the good stuff. All the actual drama and intense scenes are very much unspoiled by what I said.

That makes the after credits scene even shittier.

dcmetal108
04-21-2014, 05:36 PM
The Raid 2
God damn. I'd be really surprised if a better action movie is released this year. They really went all out to make this bigger and more spectacular than the first one. Unlike the first one which is contained to one apartment building, this one is all over the place and lasts about an hour longer. I have to say it tops the first one but if there's anything but if there's anything I prefer about the first one it's the simplicity of the story. The story here is kind of bloated and a little hard to follow at times but that wont keep you from enjoying it. My friend didn't even see the first one and he had a blast.

Yeah Raid 2's action is amazing and so insane but the story is just fucking horrible. So boring, bloating, tacked on, overdrawn and confusing.

Natrlhi
04-22-2014, 10:54 AM
Nothing I said was a spoiler for the good stuff. All the actual drama and intense scenes are very much unspoiled by what I said.

Normally I agree with you on a great many things, but in truth you did say a few things about Rhino I'd rather not have heard. Just sayin'.

I'm finding it shocking that your reaction is this bad, considering I wasn't thrilled with ASM and didn't expect much from this one either, but the previews have left me thinking it'll be pretty damn sweet. I guess my plan for now is to go in with no expectations and see what happens.

AnthG
04-22-2014, 11:21 AM

You said some stuff about the ending involving Rhino.

infinitydeth
04-22-2014, 02:18 PM
Yeah Raid 2's action is amazing and so insane but the story is just fucking horrible. So boring, bloating, tacked on, overdrawn and confusing.

I completely agree with the story not being good and all. But the amazing action scenes make up for it. The story makes a bit more sense if you watched the first one.

BloodoftheKings
04-22-2014, 02:57 PM

It's not good but I wouldn't say it's fucking horrible. I was a little bit confused myself but if you saw the first one it shouldn't be too hard to tell what's going on.

dcmetal108
04-22-2014, 05:47 PM
It's not good but I wouldn't say it's fucking horrible. I was a little bit confused myself but if you saw the first one it shouldn't be too hard to tell what's going on.

I wrote a review and just said they tried too hard. It's boring and even if you know the first movie can get confusing plus tends to drag on sometimes.

Epidemic Reign
04-24-2014, 04:17 PM
Oculus was entertaining, def felt low budget but still aight. 6.5/10

Agree with this. Most good horror films are low-budget* so that didn't bother me much.

*"Most good horror films are low-budget" =/= "Most low-budget horror films are good"

dcmetal108
04-24-2014, 04:21 PM
Went and saw Draft Day today, actually pretty good.

dcmetal108
04-27-2014, 01:40 PM
Brick Mansions was decent, fun action and a laughablely bad story and decent acting.

DisposableJustice
04-30-2014, 09:18 PM
Saw Captain 'Merica (fuck yeah!) tonight....very well done, I won't repeat what others have said on this thread ;)

XDoomsayerX
05-02-2014, 12:36 AM
Was with the homies so we saw Spidey 2. It was aight. I'd give it a 6.5/10

+Gwen/Pete relationship
+Cool CGI
+Electro(kinda)
+Action scenes are nice...
-action scenes are too short and needed more
-Villain character development is lacking
-Too long
-Crap soundtrack

TheWildAndTheYoung
05-05-2014, 04:21 PM
saw the new Spidey, and it was awesome! though I agree above that the soundtrack was a piece of crap.

Natrlhi
05-06-2014, 01:58 PM
Amazing Spidey 2 was even better than I thought it was going to be. I disagree with the previous posters who said the soundtrack sucked - I thought it was absolutely perfect for the main villain, who I'm sure everybody knows is Electro. The fact that the music in the Electro scenes was mainly electronic and totally sinister really amped up the scenes with him in them (pun fully intended).

Seriously, some of you metalheads need to stop automatically hating any and all music that sounds even remotely electronic. It's really getting old, and you're really missing out on some good stuff. I'm not a fan of dubstep or bass drops, but there's a time and place for everything, and what better use of that type of sound than when an all-powerful, omnipresent psychopath is razing Times Square to the ground using gigantic bolts of electricity?

Plus, there was actually some damn decent acting in this film. I was shocked (pun not intended). When I go to a superhero movie, I don't necessarily expect that, but it was great to see. Granted, the top superhero movie in that regard is still X-Men: First Class, but Amazing Spidey 2 was right up there among the best.

I also thought the length of the action scenes was just about right. I think some people felt they weren't long enough because they couldn't stomach the dramatic parts and wanted nothing but action the entire time, which is also why I'm guessing people thought it was too long. Could it have been paced a little better? Maybe, but I didn't think the movie was brutally long or anything.

I suppose a bit more development of Electro's character could have improved the film a bit - that's the only negative comment I agree with, but to me it wasn't a dealbreaker. If we're talking about villains other than him, then I agree that more would have been better, but that's obviously coming in the sequel(s).

Overall, it's the best Spidey film to date. Go see it on the big screen - video just ain't cuttin' it for this movie.

TheWildAndTheYoung
05-06-2014, 02:56 PM
Amazing Spidey 2 was even better than I thought it was going to be. I disagree with the previous posters who said the soundtrack sucked - I thought it was absolutely perfect for the main villain, who I'm sure everybody knows is Electro. The fact that the music in the Electro scenes was mainly electronic and totally sinister really amped up the scenes with him in them (pun fully intended).

Seriously, some of you metalheads need to stop automatically hating any and all music that sounds even remotely electronic. It's really getting old, and you're really missing out on some good stuff. I'm not a fan of dubstep or bass drops, but there's a time and place for everything, and what better use of that type of sound than when an all-powerful, omnipresent psychopath is razing Times Square to the ground using gigantic bolts of electricity?

Plus, there was actually some damn decent acting in this film. I was shocked (pun not intended). When I go to a superhero movie, I don't necessarily expect that, but it was great to see. Granted, the top superhero movie in that regard is still X-Men: First Class, but Amazing Spidey 2 was right up there among the best.

I also thought the length of the action scenes was just about right. I think some people felt they weren't long enough because they couldn't stomach the dramatic parts and wanted nothing but action the entire time, which is also why I'm guessing people thought it was too long. Could it have been paced a little better? Maybe, but I didn't think the movie was brutally long or anything.

I suppose a bit more development of Electro's character could have improved the film a bit - that's the only negative comment I agree with, but to me it wasn't a dealbreaker. If we're talking about villains other than him, then I agree that more would have been better, but that's obviously coming in the sequel(s).

Overall, it's the best Spidey film to date. Go see it on the big screen - video just ain't cuttin' it for this movie.
I'm not saying every soundtrack should be nothing but rock and metal, of course there are times for electronic stuff, but doesn't mean I have to like it. I don't not like it simply because it's electronic, I don't like it because I listen to it and don't like what I hear, that's kinda how it generally works.

dcmetal108
05-06-2014, 04:10 PM
I'm not saying every soundtrack should be nothing but rock and metal, of course there are times for electronic stuff, but doesn't mean I have to like it. I don't not like it simply because it's electronic, I don't like it because I listen to it and don't like what I hear, that's kinda how it generally works.

Yeah the scene would have been much better if WASP was playing right? :lol:

I agree with Nat, movie was fucking great and the music fit in perfect.

Dextrimental
05-07-2014, 04:02 AM
Wow, y'all loved TASM 2, huh? I'll see how I fair when I watch it again when it's out on DVD. Loved the human story, didn't dig the hero parts as much at all, but to each their own.

Apologies in hindsight for the spoilery material, my lesser opinion of the film made me forget not everyone will dislike it for the same reasons.

AnthG
05-07-2014, 04:11 AM
I watched it yesterday and thought it was ok. The ending was kind of lame though.

Natrlhi
05-07-2014, 07:48 AM
Wow, y'all loved TASM 2, huh? I'll see how I fair when I watch it again when it's out on DVD. Loved the human story, didn't dig the hero parts as much at all, but to each their own.

Apologies in hindsight for the spoilery material, my lesser opinion of the film made me forget not everyone will dislike it for the same reasons.

Well, to put it in perspective, I didn't think much of the first ASM film, and thus pretty much expected this one to suck, but the trailers started looking pretty good so my outlook had perked up a bit. It surpassed my expectations. Having said that, I don't know if I would say I loved it - just that it pleasantly surprised me by sucking even less than I figured it would and even impressing me in certain ways (such as the decent acting in certain scenes, the fact that the action scenes with Electro were pretty outstanding, and the fact that the soundtrack fit the scenes he was in very well).

I also said it's the best Spidey film thus far mostly because I wasn't much of a fan of Tobey Maguire or Kirsten Dunst, and this film was much darker, which I liked. Truth be told, Spidey probably shouldn't be as dark as a character like Batman, for example, and the Maguire movies were probably more accurate to the theme of the comics, but I just tend to like a little bit of gravity in superhero films, which is why I liked X-Men: First Class and Cap 2 so much (and of course the Dark Knight Trilogy).

ravenheart
05-07-2014, 07:53 AM
I fully expect the new Spider-Man to be better than I originally thought it would be from its horrible video game trailers. But that still only makes it slightly-less-than-shit.

X-Men First Class I will be watching in about two weeks when my friend who also hasn't seen it arrives. After this long being "out of the loop" on that one, we figured we really should wait and watch it together so as to dissect it immediately ;)

Captain America 2 I'm very much looking forward to. I expect I'll see that next year sometime.

TheWildAndTheYoung
05-07-2014, 10:00 AM
Yeah the scene would have been much better if WASP was playing right? :lol:

I agree with Nat, movie was fucking great and the music fit in perfect.

well of course but that's beside the point...:lol:

I have to agree the electronic stuff fit the mood good but I was more or less really aiming the hate at the end credits song, should have had a better tune.

Natrlhi
05-07-2014, 10:07 AM
So you blasted the entire soundtrack because you didn't like the song that plays over the end credits?

dcmetal108
05-07-2014, 10:39 AM
So you blasted the entire soundtrack because you didn't like the song that plays over the end credits?

:lol: don't you know that the end credit music makes or breaks a film.

XDoomsayerX
05-07-2014, 11:15 AM

I just thought music overall was lame not because it was electronic just wasn't good tunes in general especially the lyrics for that Electro music.

I thought the movie was entertaining and has much more potential for the next one.

Dextrimental
05-07-2014, 12:54 PM
Soundtrack lacked hummable themes, but it was decent for the most part. Action scenes had busy music and love scenes had somber music, did what any movie soundtrack should do, it just wasn't memorable.

Am I the only one hyped for Godzilla?

John The Drummer
05-07-2014, 01:08 PM
Unless its polka during a murder scene or smooth jazz over an epic fight scene, I don't see how a soundtrack can really make or break a movie... :lol: I just enjoy the movie as a whole and not nit pick the little things.... like lyrics in a backgroud song :lol:

TheWildAndTheYoung
05-07-2014, 06:35 PM
Unless its polka during a murder scene or smooth jazz over an epic fight scene, I don't see how a soundtrack can really make or break a movie... :lol: I just enjoy the movie as a whole and not nit pick the little things.... like lyrics in a backgroud song :lol:

I guess your right, but a good soundtrack is always a huge plus! Examples: LOTR, Star Wars, Jurassic Park, LOTR, Hp, The Hobbit, LOTR, School Of Rock, and don't forget LOTR!

Did I mention LOTR? :lol:

But seriously as I said the electronic music in the fight scenes with Electro did fit good, but it doesn't make me like the genre anymore than I do.

It's like with the Iron Man soundtracks, AC/DC is used often and I don't like AC/DC but their music is a perfect fit for Iron Man.

Epidemic Reign
05-07-2014, 10:26 PM
Unless its polka during a murder scene or smooth jazz over an epic fight scene

Shhhhh Quentin Tarantino is listening

adamclark52
05-07-2014, 11:45 PM

Memento is a great movie but the soundtrack adds so much more to it.

And some of those scenes with Joker in Dark Knight are just so much more awesome thanks to the music.

But those could be considered more "scores" than "soundtracks".

adamclark52
05-07-2014, 11:50 PM
:lol: don't you know that the end credit music makes or breaks a film.

Well now, the end credit song in Desolation of Smaug did leave me with a better impression than the actual movie did.

AnthG
05-08-2014, 05:34 AM
*cough* Social network soundtrack *cough*

Really adds to some of the scenes, especially during the montage-ish scene with the Winklevi recounting the number of times Eissenberg ducked out last minute on a meeting or deadline.

mastodon421
05-10-2014, 01:50 PM
Neighbors was pretty god damn hilarious.

dcmetal108
05-10-2014, 02:07 PM

Good to hear, I plan on taking my mom to see it tomorrow :lol:

mastodon421
05-10-2014, 09:44 PM
Good to hear, I plan on taking my mom to see it tomorrow :lol:

Oh christ that's an awful idea :lol:

dcmetal108
05-10-2014, 10:28 PM
Oh christ that's an awful idea :lol:

lol I saw Hostel 2, Jackass 2, Knocked Up, Superbad, Pineapple Express, Bruno, and more like that in theaters with my mom when i was like 14-16. So being 20 now there really isn't a film that can be worse than watching those with her as a awkward teen.

XDoomsayerX
05-11-2014, 09:01 PM

x2

I was just laughing like a mofo throughout the film. Good stuff. Typical Seth Rogan though :tongue:

Also GODZILLA this week gonna try and watch it without seeing any reviews for the film.

hb420
05-14-2014, 08:18 AM
Godzilla IMAX 3D tomorrow at 10:00! :party:

dcmetal108
05-14-2014, 08:42 AM
Saw Neighbors by myself.

It was hysterical. Zac Efron stole the show though.

XDoomsayerX
05-14-2014, 10:41 AM
Godzilla IMAX 3D tomorrow at 10:00! :party:

Sadly Godzilla is a conversion film as in no IMAX or 3D cameras used.

MetalIsArt
05-14-2014, 10:47 AM
Godzilla one of these days, in 2D.

I'm mentally preparing myself for X4...

Dextrimental
05-15-2014, 10:23 AM
Godzilla owns. Plot is a bit light in places, but overall, it gets the job DONE.

dcmetal108
05-15-2014, 08:33 PM
Godzilla owns. Plot is a bit light in places, but overall, it gets the job DONE.

Good to hear, I plan on going to see it today!

rjturtle9
05-16-2014, 09:14 AM
Godzilla sucked!

Dextrimental
05-16-2014, 09:37 AM
Godzilla sucked!

What didn't you like?

mastodon421
05-16-2014, 09:38 AM
Godzilla sucked!

This x100. It was an absolute fucking disaster of a movie. I've seen porn with better writing and acting.

Dextrimental
05-16-2014, 10:15 AM
Well, y'all wrong!

rjturtle9
05-16-2014, 11:45 AM
What didn't you like?

Aside for one obvious badass thing (dont wanna spoil it) the whole movie fell flat. The plot was stupid, dragged, and had major holes in it. The characters were boring and the acting was horrible (except for Bryan Canston, but, well, you'll see) and the fight scenes, well, they didn't even show two of them! By the time shit starts to get good, I was already mentally drained by disappointment that I couldn't even enjoy it.

Dextrimental
05-16-2014, 12:10 PM
Aside for one obvious badass thing (dont wanna spoil it) the whole movie fell flat. The plot was stupid, dragged, and had major holes in it. The characters were boring and the acting was horrible (except for Bryan Canston, but, well, you'll see) and the fight scenes, well, they didn't even show two of them! By the time shit starts to get good, I was already mentally drained by disappointment that I couldn't even enjoy it.

Of course the plot had major holes in it, it's a film containing giant prehistoric monsters. I'm not sure what you were expecting, but writing a story whose baseline is 'So, big monsters...' and having it make total sense without making it veer away from the core point isn't easy and if the plot had have been more thought-out, you'd probably complain about it being too complicated and just wanting more focus on monsters. I really liked the minimalism with the monsters appearances, made the end pay-off super sweet and kept it tonally in line with the original Godzilla. The acting I didn;t think was that bad. I mean, yeah, hardly Oscar worthy, but Cranston and Watanabe were both on fine form. Besides, judging a film like Godzilla on bad acting really doesn't cut it for me - you weren't seeing that film for the acting or the actors involved, don't act like it should be a pressing matter now.

The pay-off was just that, a pay-off. At the end, I, at least, was thoroughly entertained. Hardly a 'smart' film, but entertaining? For me, hell yes.

hb420
05-16-2014, 02:35 PM
Of course the plot had major holes in it, it's a film containing giant prehistoric monsters. I'm not sure what you were expecting, but writing a story whose baseline is 'So, big monsters...' and having it make total sense without making it veer away from the core point isn't easy and if the plot had have been more thought-out, you'd probably complain about it being too complicated and just wanting more focus on monsters. I really liked the minimalism with the monsters appearances, made the end pay-off super sweet and kept it tonally in line with the original Godzilla. The acting I didn;t think was that bad. I mean, yeah, hardly Oscar worthy, but Cranston and Watanabe were both on fine form. Besides, judging a film like Godzilla on bad acting really doesn't cut it for me - you weren't seeing that film for the acting or the actors involved, don't act like it should be a pressing matter now.

The pay-off was just that, a pay-off. At the end, I, at least, was thoroughly entertained. Hardly a 'smart' film, but entertaining? For me, hell yes.

All of this.
Grew up on all of the old Toho movies, so this was pretty much what I was expecting. A smartly done modern reworking of how those movies were.

christopher
05-16-2014, 08:00 PM
The characters were boring

Hey! That main character was kickass!

dcmetal108
05-16-2014, 08:21 PM
Yeah I saw Godzilla 3D and fell asleep almost a few times. 4/5ths of the movie is fucking boring. Boring story, bland characters and you barely see Godzilla till the end.

Only good things were any moment Godzilla is actually on screen and the CGI.

XDoomsayerX
05-17-2014, 12:20 PM
GODZILLA was fucking solid! If ya didnt like it then your a pussy :tongue:

Id give it a 7.75:
+Monster battle sequences :drool:
+Nice basic story
+Godzilla looked and sounded like a badass...
-Other monsters looked bland and funky at best
-Cranston couldve been replaced and movie wouldve been just as good
-Too long, shouldve used some of the build time for a background Godzilla sequence

Current movie list:
1) Grand Budapest Hotel- 10/10
2) Lego Movie- 9.5/10
3)Godzilla-7.75/10
4)Neighbors-7.5/10
5)Noah-7.5/10
6)Cap America 2-7/10
7)Lone Survivor-7/10
8)Amazing Spidey 2-6.5/10

dcmetal108
05-17-2014, 11:09 PM
Am I the only one who thought Godzilla looked cute?

Epidemic Reign
05-21-2014, 11:10 PM
I have no doubt that the new X-Men is going to suck hard, but I'm totally digging this character design.

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/7g7380NArzU/hqdefault.jpg
http://cdn.escapistmagazine.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/683/683023.jpg

MPF
05-21-2014, 11:15 PM
I'm trying to talk my girlfriend into taking in a couple flasks and going to watch Godzilla on Friday. Is this a good idea or should we watch it sober?

Epidemic Reign
05-21-2014, 11:18 PM
I'm trying to talk my girlfriend into taking in a couple flasks and going to watch Godzilla on Friday. Is this a good idea or should we watch it sober?

I can't tell if you're joking or not.

MPF
05-21-2014, 11:21 PM
I can't tell if you're joking or not.

It's a bit of both being serious and joking.

We both had a shitty week and wanna go drinking. I wanna go see Godzilla and she is iffy on it, so I'm thinking this is a good compromise. And if it sucks we can do some MST3K banter to each other.

*Also take in mind I am half awake*

Epidemic Reign
05-21-2014, 11:35 PM
It's a bit of both being serious and joking.

We both had a shitty week and wanna go drinking. I wanna go see Godzilla and she is iffy on it, so I'm thinking this is a good compromise. And if it sucks we can do some MST3K banter to each other.

*Also take in mind I am half awake*

Gotcha. Well I think one thing you should take into consideration is that the movie is slow at times. I wouldn't necessarily say boring, but slow. For me personally, I think I may have gotten bored and lost interest in the movie if I had been drinking... that's just how my brain works, I need fast-paced activity when I'm under the influence or I lose interest in things. But that may not be the same case for you, because different people react differently when intoxicated. For some it may enhance the experience.

MPF
05-21-2014, 11:54 PM
Gotcha. Well I think one thing you should take into consideration is that the movie is slow at times. I wouldn't necessarily say boring, but slow. For me personally, I think I may have gotten bored and lost interest in the movie if I had been drinking... that's just how my brain works, I need fast-paced activity when I'm under the influence or I lose interest in things. But that may not be the same case for you, because different people react differently when intoxicated. For some it may enhance the experience.

Well if it helps I never get shitfaced drunk, just enough to take the edge off things, since one of us has to drive home. :lol:

I will definitely take it under consideration.

dcmetal108
05-22-2014, 07:01 AM
New Godzilla sucked so bad I wouldn't waste my time.

Go see Neighbors or Xmen or Cap. America or anything else.

Dextrimental
05-22-2014, 07:09 AM
New Godzilla sucked so bad I wouldn't waste my time.

Go see Neighbors or Xmen or Cap. America or anything else.

Yeah, there's been no middle ground on Godzilla, people either love it or hate it. Ah well, we're getting a sequel regardless :D

AnthG
05-22-2014, 07:34 AM
People throw out the "You either love it or hate it" on too many things. There's so many movies/tv shows/bands/songs that i've checked out that were given the "you love it or hate it" credit from people I know, and then i'll check it out and think it was OK or pretty decent. Godzilla is one of those. Basically, people need to stop being so fucking overdramatic.

John The Drummer
05-22-2014, 08:40 AM
I'm pretty stoke for the new X-Men movie. I haven't read into it very much, just whats been posted here and the basic info, but sounds like it'll be a good lead into introducing Apocalypse in the next movie (strong rumor). I just hope that since it involves time traveling Cable is in it, he's always been my favorite X-Men character, just a badass.

One of the few movies that I actually am interested in seeing in theaters.... but will probably wait until it comes out on DVD in the Summer :)

Sanitarium78
05-22-2014, 08:41 AM
I thought the new Godzilla was pretty good. I thought the slow build to the reveal of Godzilla and the less is more approach they used when it came to seeing the monster was done very well. Bryan Cranston is a great actor but nobody was going to see this movie for the actors performances. I wanted to see Godzilla be a badass and that's exactly what I got. I don't know why you would go into a movie like this with any other expectations.

XDoomsayerX
05-22-2014, 09:28 AM
I thought the new Godzilla was pretty good. I thought the slow build to the reveal of Godzilla and the less is more approach they used when it came to seeing the monster was done very well. Bryan Cranston is a great actor but nobody was going to see this movie for the actors performances. I wanted to see Godzilla be a badass and that's exactly what I got. I don't know why you would go into a movie like this with any other expectations.

This!

The movie took the Alien and Jaw appeoach. Just build until a big reveal. I dug it and to each their own. Saying it sucked just cuz it wasn't a fucking Micheal Bay movie get the fuck outta here. :lol:

New X-Men will kick ass! Micheal Fassbender is a gawd and X-Men first class was awesome cuz of him and James McAvoy's performances.

John The Drummer
05-22-2014, 09:40 AM
>Goes to Godzilla expecting a deep plot and intense character development
>Worst movie ever.

MetalIsArt
05-22-2014, 10:10 AM
X-Men this weekend fellas :allan:

Epidemic Reign
05-22-2014, 12:55 PM
I'm pretty stoke for the new X-Men movie. I haven't read into it very much, just whats been posted here and the basic info, but sounds like it'll be a good lead into introducing Apocalypse in the next movie (strong rumor).

There is actually already an official release date for X-Men: Apocalypse. I don't know the date offhand but it's summer 2016.

Epidemic Reign
05-22-2014, 01:06 PM
>Goes to Godzilla expecting a deep plot and intense character development
>Worst movie ever.

Now that's a little dramatic, even if you hated it you have to admit it blows Godzilla '98 out of the water :tongue:

BloodoftheKings
05-22-2014, 01:36 PM
I saw Neighbors the other day, it was kinda funny but nothing special. The main thing I didn't like about the movie was that all the characters were assholes so you're left with no one to root for.

I plan on seeing Godzilla sometime in the next week. I'm interested in seeing how it is since people online seem to be split 50/50.

dcmetal108
05-22-2014, 02:32 PM
Just got back from seeing Million Dollar Arm. It was a good Disney sports film.

Dextrimental
05-22-2014, 03:02 PM
Days of Future Past is great. FINALLY, an X-Men movie that takes itself seriously and makes it work. Less balls out action, more tangible story and actual development on the characters and premise. Retcons all films to date, too, which is nice.

Wait until after the credits, too. If the film they are making pays off, they're going to set a bold standard for superhero films.

MetalIsArt
05-23-2014, 12:38 AM
Days of Future Past is great. FINALLY, an X-Men movie that takes itself seriously and makes it work. Less balls out action, more tangible story and actual development on the characters and premise. Retcons all films to date, too, which is nice.

Wait until after the credits, too. If the film they are making pays off, they're going to set a bold standard for superhero films.

I heard that Lawrence, Fassbender, Peters & Jackman are the highlights.

Do you agree?

christopher
05-23-2014, 01:28 AM
Well if it helps I never get shitfaced drunk, just enough to take the edge off things, since one of us has to drive home. :lol:

I will definitely take it under consideration.

I drank 48 ounces of Blue Moon in the hour before Godzilla started and thought the movie was great buzzed!

Dextrimental
05-23-2014, 05:11 AM
I heard that Lawrence, Fassbender, Peters & Jackman are the highlights.

Do you agree?

All the performances are worth mentioning, but Nicholas Holt as young McCoy gets my vote. Anchors many scenes.

MetalIsArt
05-23-2014, 07:12 AM
All the performances are worth mentioning, but Nicholas Holt as young McCoy gets my vote. Anchors many scenes.

:)

And Singer DID put a lil' teaser for what's coming in the film ;)

John The Drummer
05-23-2014, 07:58 AM

GAWWW I may have to Google it and see what happens!!! :rocker: !!! Can't wait!

.... hopefully the next movie won't have "Too many villain" syndrome like Spiderman 3 did....

Dextrimental
05-23-2014, 08:24 AM
GAWWW I may have to Google it and see what happens!!! :rocker: !!! Can't wait!

.... hopefully the next movie won't have "Too many villain" syndrome like Spiderman 3 did....

If they have the same team handling it, it'll be fine. The story is a big one, but could be focused and stream-lined for a film. I'd hazard a guess it'll be a two parter, with the second part coming out Christmas 2016 or Summer 2017, if they want to play it safe.

MetalIsArt
05-23-2014, 08:38 AM
Wolv 2 & Apocalypse probably filming back to back.

AnthG
05-23-2014, 01:28 PM
Edgar Wright dropped out of Ant-Man (http://filmjunk.com/2014/05/23/edgar-wright-drops-out-of-marvels-ant-man/). Lame.

John The Drummer
05-23-2014, 02:48 PM
Ant-Man (http://filmjunk.com/2014/05/23/edgar-wright-drops-out-of-marvels-ant-man/). Lame.

Fixed. :)

I don't really see Ant-man being that exciting of a movie unless they really go balls out with it. I remember getting an Ant-man trading card back int he day and laughing my ass off "Who's antman!? Can't be serious...."

mastodon421
05-23-2014, 03:09 PM
Edgar Wright dropped out of Ant-Man (http://filmjunk.com/2014/05/23/edgar-wright-drops-out-of-marvels-ant-man/). Lame.

I'm so pissed. Hopefully Joe Cornish (writer of Attack the Block) stays on the project.

AnthG
05-24-2014, 06:02 AM
Fixed. :)

I don't really see Ant-man being that exciting of a movie unless they really go balls out with it. I remember getting an Ant-man trading card back int he day and laughing my ass off "Who's antman!? Can't be serious...."

People said the same things about Thor and Guardians of the Galaxy. Guardians isn't out yet but the trailers have been good so far, and it looks like it could be pretty good.

XDoomsayerX
05-24-2014, 02:46 PM
X-Men DOFP was simply amazing, 9.5/10:

+What a cast!
+Sweet Mutant and Sentinel sequences.
+Quicksilver, dude stole the show every scene he was in!
+Great story that wasn't hard to follow, especially considering the time travel thing.
+Magneto and Mystique nuff said.
-3rd act slowed down the pace a bit.

Go watch this now if ya dug First Class and stay for the post credits. X-Men: Apocalypse will be epic :drool::drool:

MetalIsArt
05-25-2014, 03:27 AM
X Men: DOFP is pure brilliance.

From Mystique to Quicksilver (that kitchen scene lol), everything was badass.

I also really liked how they retconned Wolv's "Adamantium"-origin (those who've seen it will understand, even though it's maybe too strong of a word to use here) and apparently, Xavier is also aware of the timeline change at the end.

Let the Age Of Apocalypse begin :bouville:

adamclark52
05-25-2014, 08:16 AM
I don't know if I'll see this new X-Men movie since I've missed the last three. By the time I rent or stream the last three the new one will probably be out of theatres. But I have to say one thing.

X-Men >>>>>>>>>>>>>> the Avengers

x's 100000000000000

AnthG
05-25-2014, 09:55 AM
In terms of movies or comics? Or both?

John The Drummer
05-25-2014, 10:10 AM
I don't know if I'll see this new X-Men movie since I've missed the last three. By the time I rent or stream the last three the new one will probably be out of theatres. But I have to say one thing.

X-Men >>>>>>>>>>>>>> the Avengers

x's 100000000000000

That's a really hard call for myself. I LOVE X-Men more than the Avengers, but I felt the X-Men movies were a bit cheesy at times, but super nostalgic seeing such characters on "The Big Screen". I enjoyed Thor and Cpt. Murrica A LOT, possibly more than any X-Men movies, but it's been quite a few years since I've watched them, sooooo..... its a hard call. Really enjoying rewatching the 90s animated series though :)

On a side note... had to go give in and watch the "post credits" scene from Days of Future Past... GAWWWWWWWW I AM SO STOKED FOR THE NEXT MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!! I sure hope Archangel is in it :eek:

adamclark52
05-25-2014, 11:23 AM

Everything. Three words: Wolve-fucking-rine

Granted, for as big a geek as I am I've surprisingly never gotten into comic books. So maybe there is something in there somewhere that would make me like Avengers over X-Men. But from what I have seen and what I've read on the internet databases over the years X-Men just seems way cooler to me. And I don't really like Robert Downey Jr. or that guy who played Hawkeye or Scarlett whatsherboobs.

XDoomsayerX
05-25-2014, 01:12 PM
X-Men shits on The Avengers and most superhero movies. At least First Class and DOFP. We are talking about depth as opposed to Thor and Cap America who are as bland as can be. X-Men and X2 are good as well but these reboots really upped the quality.

I strongly believe X-Men First Class and DOFP are the standard when it comes to superhero movies now. And with Apocalypse coming out, if done right, this trilogy will rival The Dark Knight Trilogy.

adamclark52
05-25-2014, 01:43 PM
I thought X2 was epic. I don't know much about Nightcrawler but he was so tragic in that movie.

X3 was so unfortunate.

XDoomsayerX
05-25-2014, 02:03 PM
I thought X2 was epic. I don't know much about Nightcrawler but he was so tragic in that movie.

X3 was so unfortunate.

The Last Stand and Origins are both complete shit, havent seen The Wolverine but the rest are solid to amazing.

Dextrimental
05-25-2014, 03:06 PM
X-Men shits on The Avengers and most superhero movies. At least First Class and DOFP. We are talking about depth as opposed to Thor and Cap America who are as bland as can be. X-Men and X2 are good as well but these reboots really upped the quality.

I strongly believe X-Men First Class and DOFP are the standard when it comes to superhero movies now. And with Apocalypse coming out, if done right, this trilogy will rival The Dark Knight Trilogy.

If they can avoid dropping quality a little with the last film, then yeah, it'll be THE superhero film trilogy. TDKR in particular is noticeably weaker than the other two, still dam good, but not up to scratch with the first two for a few reasons. Apocalypse, if done right, can only ascend. They're better prepared for Apocalypse anyway, because unlike before they know exactly the story they want to tell with this one.

MetalIsArt
05-26-2014, 02:04 AM
X2 is still one of the best superheromovies ever made imo.

X1 was ok, X3 was a kiddiesfest. I hope that Jackman will return for his two final outings.

Oh and about DOFP: someone sure looked extremely hot in her brief cameo :allan:

TheWildAndTheYoung
05-26-2014, 06:09 AM
Saw Godzilla yesterday, and it was pretty much a take it or leave it for me. The fight scenes were good, and they did a great job with making Godzilla, but I've never been into the whole Godzilla thing anyway. I actually dozed off a couple of times :lol:.

Will definitely be seeing X-Men sometime this week, seeing it got excellent ratings, and my friend told me it fixed every single problem we ever talked about makes me so excited!

marker
05-26-2014, 11:08 AM

Both.

MetalIsArt
05-26-2014, 11:08 AM
Both.

But da Jackman is not de right size!!!! :flame::flame::mad::mad:

marker
05-26-2014, 11:11 AM

His hair and abs are perfect for the role.

adamclark52
05-26-2014, 11:43 AM

I was in the camp who was upset that Glenn Danzig wasn't cast as Wolverine for a good ten to fifteen minutes. But let's face it, he can't act his way out of a wet paper bag. Imagine how terrible he would have been.

mastodon421
05-26-2014, 01:20 PM
Days of Future Past was fucking DOPE. I have to give major props to the writing because with all the time-jumping and grand scope of the story, it could've been a serious disaster, but it's pretty much flawless. I guess the acting and action scenes were alright too;)

Natrlhi
05-26-2014, 07:57 PM
I also liked the new X-Men, but unfortunately my expectations were so high that I think I may have set myself up for disappointment no matter how good the movie was. It was excellent - don't get me wrong - but it also had its flaws and I think I noticed them more than I would have if I'd have gone in with no expectations at all. The question is, given how awesome X-Men First Class was, how in the living, breathing fuck was I supposed to do that?

Also, the best way I can describe the new Godzilla is that it was the least shitty Godzilla film of all time.

MetalIsArt
05-26-2014, 11:19 PM
I also liked the new X-Men, but unfortunately my expectations were so high that I think I may have set myself up for disappointment no matter how good the movie was. It was excellent - don't get me wrong - but it also had its flaws and I think I noticed them more than I would have if I'd have gone in with no expectations at all. The question is, given how awesome X-Men First Class was, how in the living, breathing fuck was I supposed to do that?

Also, the best way I can describe the new Godzilla is that it was the least shitty Godzilla film of all time.

First Class is the reason, together with Origins Wolverine and The Last Stand, that this was made in the first place. I'm not that crazy about the former at all.

MetalIsArt
05-26-2014, 11:20 PM
His hair and abs are perfect for the role.

It's a joke, I'm a big fan of him. His performances are brilliant in the little things: just look at everything he does/says when he wakes up again in 2023.

TheWildAndTheYoung
05-27-2014, 06:03 AM

This.

John The Drummer
05-27-2014, 10:57 AM
I really need to watch First Class again because I didn't see it as the amazing movie almost everyone describes it as.

ALso... SPOILER ALERT WILL HIDE TEXT : I watched the ending of Days of Future past, was that person supposed to be Apocalypse or one of his followers? Or does anyone truely know yet? I am really worried as to how they will make Mr. 'Lips look in the upcoming movie.

MetalIsArt
05-27-2014, 11:07 AM
I really need to watch First Class again because I didn't see it as the amazing movie almost everyone describes it as.

ALso... SPOILER ALERT WILL HIDE TEXT : I watched the ending of Days of Future past, was that person supposed to be Apocalypse or one of his followers? Or does anyone truely know yet? I am really worried as to how they will make Mr. 'Lips look in the upcoming movie.

SPOILER: Yes. Don't worry, it's just a teaser, it's already been confirmed that an older actor will play him. What did you think about Mystique posing as Stryker at the end?

TheWildAndTheYoung
05-27-2014, 11:22 AM
Days Of Future Past was hands down my favorite superhero movie yet. I really think it surpassed the Avengers. This is probably largely due to the fact of how they actually fixed a lot of things (I was kinda worried they wouldn't be able to fix some stuff). It can only get better from here!

John The Drummer
05-27-2014, 11:23 AM
I didn't see the actual movie, I just couldn't wait to see the end credits scene so I youtubed it while I could :D

DisposableJustice
05-27-2014, 10:05 PM

*raises hand* Question: should I watch First Class before going to see DOFP?

MetalIsArt
05-27-2014, 11:37 PM
Days Of Future Past was hands down my favorite superhero movie yet. I really think it surpassed the Avengers. This is probably largely due to the fact of how they actually fixed a lot of things (I was kinda worried they wouldn't be able to fix some stuff). It can only get better from here!

They even hinted at some "couples" at the end...

MetalIsArt
05-27-2014, 11:46 PM

If you think JLAW is hot? of coursh!

:tongue:

mastodon421
05-28-2014, 08:03 AM

It's not required, but it's certainly not a bad idea.

AnthG
05-28-2014, 08:17 AM
I'd say it's required. I mean, obviously it's not "required" to watch the preceding movies of a franchise before watching the latest installment, but that's like saying "Is it required to watch Terminator before T2?" Sure, you'll be able to enjoy the action sequences and all that stuff, but it's a sequel to that film, so yeah...definitely watch the first movie before watching a sequel. Plus if you ever decide to watch First Class down the road, it'll make some of that viewing experience unrewarding.

XDoomsayerX
05-28-2014, 09:56 AM
I'd say it's required. I mean, obviously it's not "required" to watch the preceding movies of a franchise before watching the latest installment, but that's like saying "Is it required to watch Terminator before T2?" Sure, you'll be able to enjoy the action sequences and all that stuff, but it's a sequel to that film, so yeah...definitely watch the first movie before watching a sequel. Plus if you ever decide to watch First Class down the road, it'll make some of that viewing experience unrewarding.

This! First Class was awesome. If you're a Fassbender or McAvoy fan def watch it.

MetalIsArt
05-28-2014, 10:21 AM
This! First Class was awesome. If you're a Fassbender or McAvoy fan def watch it.

I love Mckellen, but Fassbender is so badass & cool as Magneto. :rocker: