PDA

View Full Version : The Worst Compiled List of 2013 Award goes to...

jhdeity
12-23-2013, 12:52 PM
http://hardrockdaddy.wordpress.com/2013/12/23/top-52-hard-rock-songs-of-2013/

Caped Crusader
12-23-2013, 01:12 PM
>Hard Rock Daddy

BWAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

There are a couple songs on there I like, like 'Battle Born' but Oh My God, it looks like someone just told him what's popular and he made a list based on it.

Ommie
12-23-2013, 01:36 PM
I was honestly expecting Supercollider to be on there.

AnthG
12-23-2013, 01:54 PM
>Hard Rock Daddy

BWAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

There are a couple songs on there I like, like 'Battle Born' but Oh My God, it looks like someone just told him what's popular and he made a list based on it.

Either that or he, you know, genuinely likes the songs on the list. It doesn't make the list any more/less shitty (despite being a Stone Sour and Shinedown fan).

jhdeity
12-23-2013, 07:21 PM
Obviously this guy only listens to what Octane shoves down his throat. He references them several times. Apparently they don't play Clutch on Octane and only 1 Sevendust song. Trrrrrrrrrrrrible

jhdeity
12-23-2013, 07:28 PM
And the biggest problem I had with the entire list is this gem:

What do you get when two generations of “metal gods” sing together? One of the most original, classic, hard rock songs for the ages! Rob Halford and Ivan Moody have a unique way of channeling rage into uplifting hard rock anthems that inspire rather than incite.

Like Stone Sour, Five Finger Death Punch’s The Wrong Side Of Heaven and The Righteous Side Of Hell is a rare double album. “Lift Me Up” was the first single to be released, and it was an instant hit with hard rock music fans, dominating the Octane Big ‘Uns Countdown for an extended period of time.

If Ivan Moody is a metal god please stab me in the fucking ear hole and put me out of my misery. Ivan "Anselmo" is a copy cat clown car and to put him on the same planet as Rob Halford vocally is the dumbest thing I heard in 2013.

SomewhereInTime72
12-23-2013, 09:05 PM
This is sad. :hmm:

slapguitarer
12-23-2013, 09:18 PM
wow

hellawaits77ny
12-24-2013, 04:25 AM
Yeah, lulz worthy.

But Ra!! I remember back in 2003 my college football team's jam was their song "Do You Call My Name". We used to blast that constantly in the locker room. Good memories! Always liked those guys, will have to check it out.

W0unds
12-24-2013, 05:58 AM
This list is pretty funny. I particularly enjoy the randomness of choosing to list 52 songs. Top 20 lists must be outdated, look out for my countdown of my top 37 albums this year. :lol:

AnthG
12-24-2013, 10:20 AM
With such an arbitrary number I hope I see your list on buzzfeed.

jhdeity
12-24-2013, 08:12 PM
With such an arbitrary number I hope I see your list on buzzfeed.

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic about the Top 37.

So after further research I learned this HRD guy only writes about Octane bands. He lists their Top 10 every week. Even taking that into consideration, this list is horrible but to each his own.

Moral of the story. I have no interest in ever paying for satellite radio...