PDA

View Full Version : adamclark52's Top Ten Disappointments of 2013

adamclark52
12-20-2013, 08:24 PM
Warning, there is some swearing in this thread depending on how mad I get thinking back about certain situations.

I barely heard thirty albums all year and probably went to a half a dozen shows. So instead of posting a breakdown of my favorite releases (since I really can’t even think of ten that I really loved) I’m going a different route and posting my Top Ten Disappointments of 2013. A lot of shit pissed me off. Most of these entries are just me enraged about shit that cost me money when I feel it shouldn't have (although by all rights, it all should because it's all my fault). I'll post it in the general section but there is some music stuff in here that someone may be able to relate to.

adamclark52
12-20-2013, 08:26 PM
10. How to Destroy Angels – Welcome Oblivion
http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/loudwire.com/files/2013/01/How-to-Destroy-Angels-Welcome-Oblivion.jpg

I had high hopes for this album, really high hopes. And not only were they not met, I feel asleep waiting to see if they’d get there. It started out okay but halfway through my first listen the album just died. Usually cracks show in albums on subsequent listens but I hated this from the first go. I wrote a review for it back in March, you can read it here (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=22826), and eight months later I’m still bored to tears by this album. But I’d still bang Trent’s wife.

PVH5150
12-20-2013, 08:46 PM
Is adamclark53 your evil twin?

adamclark52
12-20-2013, 08:55 PM
Is adamclark53 your evil twin?

Number seven on the list is that '3' is so damn close to '2' on keyboards. Who designs this shit and don't they know that I drink?

adamclark52
12-20-2013, 08:58 PM
anyway, maybe a mod can change the '3' in the title to a '2'.

illuminatus917
12-20-2013, 09:04 PM
This is the list I should be doing as well. So much disappointing shit this year.

dcmetal108
12-20-2013, 09:08 PM
Needs some more god damn motherfucking swears dammit!

hellawaits77ny
12-21-2013, 05:51 AM
This is the list I should be doing as well. So much disappointing shit this year.

Agreed.

Good idea, OP! Look forward to reading this.

adamclark52
12-21-2013, 06:38 AM
Needs some more god damn motherfucking swears dammit!

Just wait, I'm not mad...yet.

toolfansat
12-21-2013, 10:46 AM
I'm disappointed that there is only one item on your Top 10 list!

illuminatus917
12-21-2013, 01:26 PM
I'm disappointed that there is only one item on your Top 10 list!

Me too. There should be more like 50.

Natrlhi
12-21-2013, 01:46 PM
Lots of disappointments this year? Yeah OK, maybe - but there was a lot of interesting stuff this year as well - and this is coming from a cat who listened to a hell of a lot less this year than in years previous. Misery loves company, I guess. :(

illuminatus917
12-21-2013, 01:55 PM
Woe is us.

adamclark52
12-21-2013, 05:36 PM
Ok guys, well I said in the beginning that this list wasn't all music. In fact, only four of the ten things that pissed me off this year were music related. Think of this as more of a list of things in life that disappointed me. That's why it's in the general chat section. So without further ado.

9. I still drive a mini van
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0f/01-04_Dodge_Grand_Caravan.jpg/640px-01-04_Dodge_Grand_Caravan.jpg

This is a necessity because I have two kids. But it doesn't mean I have to like it. The thing is a fucking boat. It costs almost a hundred dollars to gas up. And it's built like shit. I guess when they build a hundred thousand units a year they just don't put the love into each and every one. Oh...and it's gold. Like your grandmas 1997 Cutless Supreme gold. It couldn't be black, or red or blue. No, gold happens to be two thousand dollars cheaper (because no one wants gold) and I had to be adamclark52 and buy the cheap one. Now I’m stuck with a gold fucking boat. To make matters worse I sold my Mazda 5 to buy this hunk of shit and kept my Mazda 3, which is also a hunk of shit. I should have kept the Mazda 5, it had heated seats. If there's any saving grace to this hunk of garbage it's that it's paid for and it's technically my wife's, so she has to be seen driving it more often than me.

illuminatus917
12-21-2013, 09:21 PM
Are you familiar with Maddox?

SomewhereInTime72
12-21-2013, 10:39 PM
On the bright side, you get to be BIGGER than other cars and can feel intimidating and manly?

PVH5150
12-22-2013, 05:14 AM
A hundred bucks to gas up? How the hell much does gas cost where you are?

If it was running on it's last fume, the most it would cost to fill up here is between $65 and $70.

adamclark52
12-22-2013, 05:59 AM
A hundred bucks to gas up? How the hell much does gas cost where you are?

If it was running on it's last fume, the most it would cost to fill up here is between $65 and $70.

In Canada it's about $1.25 a liter. I don't have a converter but it think that there are four of our litres in one US gallon.

I know I was in the States in October and it was costing me around forty or fifty dollars to fill up...that made me mad too.

adamclark52
12-22-2013, 05:59 AM
On the bright side, you get to be BIGGER than other cars and can feel intimidating and manly?

It's gold.

adamclark52
12-22-2013, 06:00 AM
Are you familiar with Maddox?

I am not.

PVH5150
12-22-2013, 06:20 AM
In Canada it's about $1.25 a liter. I don't have a converter but it think that there are four of our litres in one US gallon.

I know I was in the States in October and it was costing me around forty or fifty dollars to fill up...that made me mad too.

So roughly 5 bucks a gallon. Ouch. :(

Even during the worst fuel spike we've seen (just after Katrina), the highest it ever got here was around $4.19. It's been pretty consistent the last year or so, anywhere between $3.30 and $3.50 a gallon.

And I remember when I started driving, a mere 8 years ago, and it was flirting with the $2 per gallon mark. What I wouldn't give to get that back for good.

illuminatus917
12-22-2013, 09:03 AM
I am not.

http://maddox.xmission.com

You might like his writing.

Natrlhi
12-22-2013, 02:27 PM
Minivans are awesome. I love mine. It hauls damn near anything (except a boat, which is why I also have a Suburban), and I can treat it like shit and not care because it's not my "good" car.
There are 3.78 liters in a U.S. gallon (and no, I didn't Google that - I know it because it's part of my job to know stupid facts like those).
Maddox is the fucking man.
Everything in Canada is expensive as shit. Everyone knows that.

Carry on.

adamclark52
12-22-2013, 05:06 PM
8. Suffocation – Pinnacle of Bedlam
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c3/Suffocation_-_Pinnacle_of_Bedlam_album_cover.jpg

Suffocation are a band who I love, but it's more for their first run stuff and their live shows. Their stuff since their reunion isn’t that great, save the self-titled album. It all comes down to the vocals. I love Frank's gruff, muffled delivery on Effigy of the Forgotten and even though he changed it on Pierced from Within it was such a great album it didn't matter. I know he's still capable of the gruffer delivery since he still does it live . But the vocals on their albums always let me down. Musically the album is top notch but the vocals turn me off instantly because I know he's capable of better. I always buy their albums and they always disappoint me. I bought Breeding the Spawn shortly after this and thought it was way better. Most people will tell you that album was a huge career misstep, so what does that tell you about this? I think I just buy the albums to support the band and insure that they have a bit of income and the willingness to tour. I saw them live twice this year.

Review of the first time. (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=23005)

Review of the second time. (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=23840)

adamclark52
12-23-2013, 04:59 PM
7. My fridge broke
http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/productImages/300/44/442aa615-f2a3-4b80-8ce2-738ad89c30a4_300.jpg

I don't really remember this one too much since it happened earlier in the year and so much has pissed me off since then that it’s all just a huge blur of shit. But I know me and I know I was probably furious that day. Just because why the fuck does shit just stop working? It's not like I drove a fork truck into my fridge or lifted it over my head in a drunken stupor. I just opened it one day and "oh, the milk is warm...and everything’s melted". Nine hundred dollars later I have a fridge that my wife picked out then didn't like once it showed up...shoot me.

adamclark52
12-23-2013, 05:01 PM
Some albums that were good but didn’t fry my nuts as much as they should have:
Aluk Todolo - Occult Rock
Carcass – Surgical Steel
Deicide – In the Minds of Evil
The Dillinger Escape Plan – One of Us is the Killer
KEN Mode - Entrench

adamclark52
12-24-2013, 06:01 PM
6. I live in Keswick (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keswick,_Ontario)
http://img.totaloutdoornetwork.com/UserFiles/15/159/15929/redneck.jpg

I know there's another guy who posts here who lives in Keswick but I'm sorry, the people here are fucking stupid. They just walk around with this look on their faces like they don't have a fucking clue how they got there, what they're doing or what the hell they're doing next. I think they're all drywallers. And they all stink like cigarette smoke. I was raised in Oshawa and that city deserves to be taken off the map, incinerated and forgotten. But there's something else about this city that makes me look at my feet and shake my head. And I moved here, on my own will.

adamclark52
12-24-2013, 06:04 PM
Merry Christmas (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNFXk0GFiHc)

Here's a link to a scene from one of my favorite Christmas movies (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eREiQhBDIk). It really gets me in the spirit.

Natrlhi
12-24-2013, 09:45 PM

HALLELUJAH! HOLY SHIT! WHERE'S THE TYLENOL?!?

Best holiday movie ever. I watch it every year, along with Bad Santa.

PowerMaiden
12-24-2013, 10:01 PM
loving that thread, keep it up !

and merry Christmas :tongue:

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

illuminatus917
12-24-2013, 10:01 PM
Bad Santa has that lovely actress from Gilmore Girls.

PVH5150
12-24-2013, 11:08 PM

"You serious, Clark?"

jhdeity
12-24-2013, 11:58 PM

I watch Badder Santa every Xmas Eve. Tonight I decided to start with the Deleted Scenes, Outtakes and Gag Reel and re-discovered a real gem:

An outtake from the Mike and Molly Security Guard and Santa. As Santa exits the mall the guard is discussing why the 3-4 Defense is better than the 4-3 and he stops Santa. He says your pants look a little baggy, got anything in there? To which Santa replies Just something to cripple your sister with...

I fell out on the fucking floor. This movie never ceases to amaze me.

Then I saw they are making Bad Santa 2 in 2014. Merry Xmas to all who love this movie as much as I do. Double Feature next year!!!

hellawaits77ny
12-25-2013, 05:15 AM
Then I saw they are making Bad Santa 2 in 2014. Merry Xmas to all who love this movie as much as I do. Double Feature next year!!!

Nice! Great news. Bad Santa is definitely a classic.

OP - this thread is great, keep it up!

adamclark52
12-25-2013, 06:23 AM

It's too bad that show is probably the worst show of all-time, because Lorlie Gilmore is smoking.

W0unds
12-25-2013, 10:01 AM
Your thread made me laugh a ton, so thank you for that.

Similar to your fridge my hot water heater broke a few months ago. No issues with it prior to that is just suddenly decided to start pissing water all over my basement - luckily I work from home so there was no buildup of water. $1000 later and I have a new heater that functions no better than the old one.

Also I have frequently wondered about you Keswick guys - sure it must be cheaper and nice by the Lake. However its out in buttfuck nowhere and requires driving to get anywhere. I can't imagine going to concerts and then having to head back up the 400 to get home, particularly in winter it must suck.

John The Drummer
12-25-2013, 10:19 AM
Ok guys, well I said in the beginning that this list wasn't all music. In fact, only four of the ten things that pissed me off this year were music related. Think of this as more of a list of things in life that disappointed me. That's why it's in the general chat section. So without further ado.

9. I still drive a mini van
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0f/01-04_Dodge_Grand_Caravan.jpg/640px-01-04_Dodge_Grand_Caravan.jpg

This is a necessity because I have two kids. But it doesn't mean I have to like it. The thing is a fucking boat. It costs almost a hundred dollars to gas up. And it's built like shit. I guess when they build a hundred thousand units a year they just don't put the love into each and every one. Oh...and it's gold. Like your grandmas 1997 Cutless Supreme gold. It couldn't be black, or red or blue. No, gold happens to be two thousand dollars cheaper (because no one wants gold) and I had to be adamclark52 and buy the cheap one. Now I’m stuck with a gold fucking boat. To make matters worse I sold my Mazda 5 to buy this hunk of shit and kept my Mazda 3, which is also a hunk of shit. I should have kept the Mazda 5, it had heated seats. If there's any saving grace to this hunk of garbage it's that it's paid for and it's technically my wife's, so she has to be seen driving it more often than me.

I'm 25, no kids, and drive a mini van :)

adamclark52
12-25-2013, 10:41 AM
I'm 25, no kids, and drive a mini van :)

Is it gold?

John The Drummer
12-25-2013, 10:45 AM
Its a weird kinda green-ish / silver color............. you win.

adamclark52
12-25-2013, 11:22 AM
Its a weird kinda green-ish / silver color............. you win.

Kid, we both win. I'll get the wine (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfAR8eSrENM).

adamclark52
12-25-2013, 11:27 AM
5. Concerts I missed
http://mlkshk.com/r/54DT

I missed a lot of shows this year. I work nights so unless a show is on a weekend I'm screwed right there. The most recent one was Gorguts last week but I also missed Deicide in October, Rotten Sound in May (on my birthday and a Saturday, I have no idea why I didn’t go), Hypocrisy and Krisiun in May (which I mainly didn’t go to because Hypocrisy dropped out but why the fuck didn’t I still go), Marduk and Inquisition in February and the Nine Inch Nails show, whenever that was it was just too expensive. Then there was the Sepultura show, which I had tickets for, and it got cancelled like a week before the show. That was a major piss-off. Worst of any was the shows I had tickets for and just didn't go. I had a ticket for Misfits in October but I just didn't feel like going that night. I think I had a fight with my wife earlier or something. But the one that I feel really stupid for was missing Today is the Day in April. I had a ticket but when I found out that they didn't go on stage until midnight I was like, shit I can't stay up that late, I gotta get up in the morning. But it wad a fucking Saturday night, come on Adam. I stayed home and played Final Fantasy XIII that night. FINAL FANTASY XIII. I could’ve at least skipped it for a good game. Fucking moron.

adamclark52
12-25-2013, 11:28 AM
Other things that pissed me off:
• I didn't bang any of the Kardashin sisters: specifically Kim but I’d tap the fat one
• Portals ‘Vexovoid’ was about ten minutes (or two songs) too short
• Blackberry Q10: piece of shit
• John Cena…period
• Nails and Rotting Christ aren’t in the top two spots of everyone’s year end lists
• John Garcia is fat
• Technology got gayer
• I couldn’t remember if I liked Deeds of Flesh or Defeated Sanity so I bought Deeds of Flesh’s album, turns out I like Defeated Sanity
• Volbeat are popular
• Touch screen keyboards: not one in particular, they all suck ass

hellawaits77ny
12-25-2013, 12:16 PM
5. Concerts I missed
http://mlkshk.com/r/54DT

My father has the shirt with design. Classic.

adamclark52
12-25-2013, 06:42 PM
4. My treadmill broke
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzIwWDk2MA==/z/uEEAAOxyTTtSUYuf/$T2eC16VHJIQFHHduhMQiBSUYud3jcw~~48_35.JPG

This one just pissed me off. That fucking treadmill sat in my basement for years. This year I was getting a little doughy so I decided it was time I get on it. I used the thing all year and pushed myself pretty hard. I lost twenty pounds and felt good for the first time in years (physically, mentally I’m still pissed at everything). Then again, like the fucking fridge, I go to use it last week and something’s fucked it up. Why? I used it Friday and things were fine. I go to use it Saturday and the fucking motor is blowing or something. I don’t fucking know. Do I get a guy to repair it or is it cheaper to buy a new one? Probably should get the guy to fix it because it may just be a loose belt or something. But I listen to my wife. Seven hundred dollars later I get a new treadmill. But come on, what the fuck? Why do you just stop working? You fucking piece of shit. And have you ever tried to move a treadmill? How about an old one up stairs then the new one down stairs? They’re all different. There’s cheap ones, expensive ones, fancy ones, basic ones. Ones that have a bunch of flashing shit and ones that are just two rollers and a mat. But the thing they all have in common: they weigh a fucking ton. I really could go for some breakfast (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eREiQhBDIk).

adamclark52
12-25-2013, 06:49 PM
Also I have frequently wondered about you Keswick guys - sure it must be cheaper and nice by the Lake. However its out in buttfuck nowhere and requires driving to get anywhere. I can't imagine going to concerts and then having to head back up the 400 to get home, particularly in winter it must suck.

The value for a house is certainly way better. That's why I moved out here, the only reason. But the drive in to Toronto every day is really starting to get old. I work nights and there were a few times last winter when I drove home in storms and I'm surprised I made it home. I don't mind a longer commute but it's just getting old and the mileage on my car is really getting lame (I've put almost one hundred thousand kilometers on my car in two years). I have a feeling we may be moving in the next five years and I don't plan on staying up here. But I'm not moving too close to the city either. Maybe somewhere a little further North of Richmond Hill.

And I remember the Toronto Sun or Star (two big newspapers in Toronto for all you non-Torontonians) did a ranking of all the schools in the GTA a few years ago and the public school my kids could end up going to ended up in dead-last.

IrritatedTrout
12-25-2013, 08:40 PM
They are heavy as hell.

kalfitegrdan
12-25-2013, 09:53 PM
• Nails and Rotting Christ aren’t in the top two spots of everyone’s year end lists

:lol: This.

• Volbeat are popular

And also this. :flame:

John The Drummer
12-25-2013, 09:56 PM
Wait... so... we both drive minivans.... we both have had a lot of things crap out on us this year (my fridge, washing machine is starting to....) it's as if we are the same :tongue:

oh... and fuck John Cena

illuminatus917
12-25-2013, 10:03 PM
The Far Side was the greatest comic strip ever written.

adamclark52
12-26-2013, 04:32 AM
Wait... so... we both drive minivans.... we both have had a lot of things crap out on us this year (my fridge, washing machine is starting to....) it's as if we are the same :tongue:

oh... and fuck John Cena

Didn't you have Helrunner's 'Balder Okk Iss' too?

The washing machine is a big one son. I think I had one of those go on me when I first bought my first house. At least now I make money so buying new appliances is do-abile. But back then $400 was two weeks pay.

adamclark52
12-26-2013, 05:28 AM
BREAKING: this just happened so it's too early to tell how pissed off I'll get or how much it's going to cost me. I bought a snowblower last year and used it three times. Last time I used it (Sunday) the tire fell off the rim. Why? In the three times I've used it I didn't have time to drive it into a wall. So I took it to some douchdbag to fix it and they told me "it may not be until the new year". Okay...and now it's snowing today. I'm betting since it was a five hundred dollar machine putting a rubber tire on a six inch rim will probably cost me...three hundred dollars. Oh, plus the cost of the tire, so three twenty.

kalfitegrdan
12-26-2013, 06:28 AM
The Far Side was the greatest comic strip ever written.

Most definitely.

hellawaits77ny
12-26-2013, 06:49 AM
BREAKING: this just happened so it's too early to tell how pissed off I'll get or how much it's going to cost me. I bought a snowblower last year and used it three times. Last time I used it (Sunday) the tire fell off the rim. Why? In the three times I've used it I didn't have time to drive it into a wall. So I took it to some douchdbag to fix it and they told me "it may not be until the new year". Okay...and now it's snowing today. I'm betting since it was a five hundred dollar machine putting a rubber tire on a six inch rim will probably cost me...three hundred dollars. Oh, plus the cost of the tire, so three twenty.

Sorry to hear that, man. Hopefully they're able to fix it.

I don't think anyone here will sympathize with you, though. I don't picture many posters here using a snowblower, or really doing anything outside.

adamclark52
12-26-2013, 07:11 AM

I don't think anyone here will sympathize with you, though. I don't picture many posters here using a snowblower, or really doing anything outside.

You'd be proud of me, I made my wife shovel.

If my list wasn't already written though that could've been top three material.

adamclark52
12-26-2013, 07:47 AM
I forgot to add in my post about Keswick that twelve percent of all the Duck Dynasty merchandise sold is in Keswick.

adamclark52
12-26-2013, 08:29 AM
3. My receiver is dying a slow and annoying death
http://www.stereomanuals.com/vintagetechnics/images/technics_saax540.jpg

Why does shit just stop working on me? My receiver is barely ten years old and the only time I touch it is when I press the on button. Again, I’d understand if I was stumbling around in a drunken stupor and fell face first into it. Then I’d have a cool story to go with the fucked up receiver. But no, this is another unexplained phenomenon. Why does it sometimes have the audio cut in and out and the word “OVERLOAD” appear on the display? Well I know why, I'm fucked and everything I own is falling apart. But seriously, what the fuck. My dad’s old receiver lasted him forty fucking years and mine can't last ten? I wouldn’t care if this wasn’t the main artery to my playing video games, watching TV and movies and listening to music when I’m on the treadmill. And I probably wouldn’t be as mad either if the thing would one hundred percent DIE. But it’ll do it’s little fucked up OVERLOAD game one day, not do it for weeks, do it again, not do it for a few more weeks then do it right in the middle of my favorite part of the Hobbit. It also has the uncanny ability to do it whenever my wife turns it on, so I’m blaming her. Fuck you Techniques.

Spiner202
12-26-2013, 08:50 AM

My mom drives a mini-van, and, maybe it's just because that's the vehicle I learned to drive in, but I love driving it more than my dad's car. I'm genuinely concerned for if I ever get a car, because I don't like the size of a mini-van, but I don't like driving cars.

As a kid though, mini-vans are awesome because I can drive my whole group of friends around instead of us needing two cars. On the other hand, I really hate driving because everyone on the road is crazy, so I don't like driving my friends :P

• I couldn’t remember if I liked Deeds of Flesh or Defeated Sanity so I bought Deeds of Flesh’s album, turns out I like Defeated Sanity

Sorry, but this is hilarious. Also, check out Zealotry's "The Charnel Expanse", as the drummer of Defeated Sanity did drums on that record.

dcmetal108
12-26-2013, 08:57 AM

I have to shovel snow all the fucking time, by hand and when it snows here it snows like the devils asshole usually with more snow than the fucking arctic would know what to do.

El Gordo
12-26-2013, 10:47 AM

I know there's another guy who posts here who's from Keswick but I'm sorry, the people here are fucking stupid. They just walk around with this look on their faces like they don't have a fucking clue how they got there, what they're doing or what the hell they're doing next. I think they're all drywallers. And they all stink like cigarette smoke. I was raised in Oshawa and that city deserves to be taken off the map, incinerated and forgotten. But there's something else about this city that makes me look at my feet and shake my head. And I moved here, on my own will.

I take issue with the "from Keswick" part. I live in Keswick, I'm not from Keswick, which is something I always stress to people, and dude, I'm with you. This place makes me go "wtf" every single fucking day. Take a stroll through Walmart or set foot in The Beer Store and you will most likely encounter the absolute dregs of society. I don't know about you, but I'm a pretty regular dude. I work a normal job, as does my wife. We have a son and a dog. I'm wearing jeans, a plaid shirt and a baseball cap right now. I used to smoke and only do so occasionally these days. I love a cold beer, like the one I'm enjoying now. I'm not a skid though, like ninety percent of the people in this fucking town. We bought in Keswick for the same reason you did -- it's cheap. I had been to Keswick before, I'd heard the stories, but how bad could it be? If we keep to ourselves, stay in our neighbourhood for the most part, we'll be OK, right? Sure, until Johnny Dickweed comes tearing around the corner in his Dodge Ram with a ridiculous lift kit and dual exhaust coming out behind the cab, leaving skid marks all the way........ I have a great mortgage though.

adamclark52
12-26-2013, 11:17 AM
I take issue with the "from Keswick" part. I live in Keswick, I'm not from Keswick, which is something I always stress to people, and dude, I'm with you. This place makes me go "wtf" every single fucking day. Take a stroll through Walmart or set foot in The Beer Store and you will most likely encounter the absolute dregs of society. I don't know about you, but I'm a pretty regular dude. I work a normal job, as does my wife. We have a son and a dog. I'm wearing jeans, a plaid shirt and a baseball cap right now. I used to smoke and only do so occasionally these days. I love a cold beer, like the one I'm enjoying now. I'm not a skid though, like ninety percent of the people in this fucking town. We bought in Keswick for the same reason you did -- it's cheap. I had been to Keswick before, I'd heard the stories, but how bad could it be? If we keep to ourselves, stay in our neighbourhood for the most part, we'll be OK, right? Sure, until Johnny Dickweed comes tearing around the corner in his Dodge Ram with a ridiculous lift kit and dual exhaust coming out behind the cab, leaving skid marks all the way........ I have a great mortgage though.

:lol:"Johnny Dickweed"...I think I know exactly which guy you're talking about.:lol:

The snow mobiles on an inch of snow (on sidewalks) get to me. And you know what. I met a lady in Tim Hortons the other day who'd "come down from Sutton". I think it may be even worse.

adamclark52
12-26-2013, 11:18 AM

I know there's another guy who posts here who lives in Keswick but I'm sorry, the people here are fucking stupid. They just walk around with this look on their faces like they don't have a fucking clue how they got there, what they're doing or what the hell they're doing next. I think they're all drywallers. And they all stink like cigarette smoke. I was raised in Oshawa and that city deserves to be taken off the map, incinerated and forgotten. But there's something else about this city that makes me look at my feet and shake my head. And I moved here, on my own will.

fixed

Derelict
12-26-2013, 11:38 AM
I'm glad to see Canada has rednecks just like your neighbors to the south do.

Also, when i first got my license, gas was 0.89/gallon. I am old.

Natrlhi
12-26-2013, 12:19 PM
Bad Santa has that lovely actress from Gilmore Girls.Indeed, and she delivers one of the most classic lines in any movie, ever - in more than one scene - and it makes me smile every year when I hear it. I'll leave it to you to figure out what the line is, but let's just say it happens once in the car and again in the hot tub. :D

The Far Side was the greatest comic strip ever written.Correctamundo.

:blah::blah::blah:

...Techniques.Well there's your problem right there. Shit, ten years is a blessing for a Technics. I owned one when I was a teenager and it sucked from day one, and died only six or eight years after I got it.

I have to shovel snow all the fucking time, by hand and when it snows here it snows like the devils asshole usually with more snow than the fucking arctic would know what to do.
Does it actually snow inside the devil's asshole? I did not know that. You learn something new every day on this forum...

John The Drummer
12-26-2013, 01:00 PM
Didn't you have Helrunner's 'Balder Okk Iss' too?

The washing machine is a big one son. I think I had one of those go on me when I first bought my first house. At least now I make money so buying new appliances is do-abile. But back then $400 was two weeks pay.

Haha! Yup! That be an album I own. So amazing.

It hasn't completed died out.. yet. My dad (yes, 25 and still live with the Dad, srry, don't make much money even though I work full time) is hoping it's just the cold weather freezing it up.... its been working OK the last couple times.... so only time will tell. I believe We've had this Wasing Machine since around the time I was born, so I would not be surprised in the slightest.

Ommie
12-26-2013, 02:55 PM
I forgot to add in my post about Keswick that twelve percent of all the Duck Dynasty merchandise sold is in Keswick.
:lol: :lol:

adamclark52
12-26-2013, 03:24 PM
2. Sigur Rós – Kveikur, and live
http://www.contactmusic.com/images/content/sigur-ros-kveikur.jpg

I was so excited for this album since I loved their last album (2012's Valtari) and they’re one of my favorite bands. On the first listen I enjoyed it a lot but something happened on the second listen. It just lost me. There’s still three or four songs I like on it but that’s a pretty low percentage. Even on just the second listen I was like “this isn’t as good as I thought it was”. And on the third I was like “this really isn’t a very good album” and I filed it away with the other nine hundred albums. I think it wouldn’t have been such a let down if it was the follow up to Með Suð Í Eyrum Við Spilum Endalaust (their godawful 2008 album). But Valtari is one of my favorite albums (I think it was in my top three last year) and this doesn’t hold a candle to it. Again, I did a review of it back in June that you can read here (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=23397) and it details it a bit better. I haven’t changed my mind. The best thing I can say now is that the cover is really cool. Their live show didn't do it for me either. I was expecting my head to explode when I saw them and I just didn't get that. That was probably the problem; my expectations were just to high. After hearing about how incredible they were for the last fifteen years I just built it up to much. It was okay but I don't think I'll ever see them again. Here’s a review of that show (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=22791).

adamclark52
12-26-2013, 03:25 PM
Things to look forward to in 2014:
• My dishwasher is probably going to die
• Wu Tang Clan probably still won’t release their new album
• My car is probably going to start fucking up
• Opeth will still suck
• Diznee will fuck Star Wars up somehow
• Cold weather
• Being sick every fucking day
• I can't go to the Decibel show this year.
• I probably still won't bang any Kardashin sisters

El Gordo
12-26-2013, 05:09 PM
:lol:"Johnny Dickweed"...I think I know exactly which guy you're talking about.:lol:

The snow mobiles on an inch of snow (on sidewalks) get to me. And you know what. I met a lady in Tim Hortons the other day who'd "come down from Sutton". I think it may be even worse.

Lol there are a few of those Johnny Dickweeds... and yeah they don't just drive Dodge Rams, they drive snowmobiles too. Sutton is definitely worse. Let's pretend for a second that Keswick is Newmarket. Well, Sutton is Keswick, if you catch my drift.

300%_Density
12-26-2013, 06:38 PM
This has easily been one of the best end of year threads ever. We had a new house built. Game plan was to do stained concrete floor. Long story short. There was a moisture issue and the color and concrete flaked off and we couldn't ever get it fixed. We only got $3000 back for a 1500 square foot house and we had to put down laminate ourselves. And we have only got half of the house down still and we still have boxes in our hallway. Home ownership is the best!!!!

And Johnny Dickweed is my new favorite name.

adamclark52
12-26-2013, 06:55 PM
This has easily been one of the best end of year threads ever. We had a new house built. Game plan was to do stained concrete floor. Long story short. There was a moisture issue and the color and concrete flaked off and we couldn't ever get it fixed. We only got $3000 back for a 1500 square foot house and we had to put down laminate ourselves. And we have only got half of the house down still and we still have boxes in our hallway. Home ownership is the best!!!!

And Johnny Dickweed is my new favorite name.

Oh man, I've heard that new builds can be brutal. And being employed by a contractor I know how hard it can be to get them to do anything once they've got their money.

adamclark52
12-26-2013, 06:59 PM
And I'm glad that so many people are finding my pain "entertaining".

Derelict
12-27-2013, 08:15 AM
Home ownership in general just blows.

AnthG
12-27-2013, 08:56 AM
Spending most of my life in Richmond Hill, I thought Oak Ridges was bad enough. I can't recall ever going to Keswick, because I never had a reason to, but I always thought people were overexaggerating. Then again I thought people overexaggerated about Woodbridge as well, and they don't, so they probably don't about Keswick.

• John Cena…period

Has this bastard still not had a heel turn? Goddamn I hate WWE.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, how old are your kids?

Sepultura69
12-27-2013, 09:27 AM
• I didn't bang any of the Kardashin sisters: specifically Kim but I’d tap the fat one

Me too.

adamclark52
12-27-2013, 09:34 AM
Also, if you don't mind me asking, how old are your kids?

Three and a half and one and a half.

adamclark52
12-27-2013, 12:58 PM
1. My PS3 is a piece of shit
http://www.ps3repairshop.com/images/8001374977_d3a2866bc4_z.jpg

What pisses me off most about this is it's my own damn fault. I got the “red light of death” on my old PS3 in May. It was six years old and the machine owed me nothing. I was still pissed off but I had expected it. So I bought a new one for two hundred and fifty dollars and it was fine. I played some Bioshock and that game sucked, I moved on to Mass Effect and things were fine. A couple of months later I was halfway through Mass Effect 2 and something happened. I don’t know why but the lip sync fucked up and the spoken words are a fraction of a second behind the video. Guns during firefights are in sync. Sound effects of steps are in sync. The music is in sync. Shit blowing up sounds are in sync with shit blowing up on the screen. But lip sync is off. You gotta realize that Mass Effect is one of my favorite video game series of all-time, and the whole time I played it I was just pissed off. I didn’t even really enjoy it half the time because watching cut scenes was like they were in some time warp. The goddamn thing isn’t backwards compatible, so it’s not like I can play a PS2 game where the lip-sync isn’t as critical and enjoy that. Or Final Fantasy where it’s English dubbed over Japanese and was already fucked beyond belief. So I swear to god when I bought this PS3 I put the machine on my shelf and the receipt under it. I go to get it so I can exchange my system and the fucking thing is gone. So now I'm stuck. The fuck do I do? I've thought of other things I could do to get a new one since I bought it at a Wal-Mart in the aforementioned Keswick (and they are STUPID there) but I know that if I do something else in my life will fuck up. So maybe I’ll just leave this, put up with it and be glad that the roof is still on my house. Oh, and somehow my old PS2 is fucked up too (it’s something with the analog button on the controller, I don’t know and I don’t fucking care) so I can’t go back and play all those old games I love to numb the pain.

adamclark52
12-27-2013, 01:02 PM
So fuck you 2013.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_29_shKT4Elw/TRRQjq7VYcI/AAAAAAAALUc/pXkpvaVZHgw/s400/Kim-Kardashian-flip-off.jpg

Fuck you, fuck your mom, fuck your mom’s mom, fuck your cat, fuck your car and go fuck yourself. Go die alongside 1988, 1993-1996, 2001, 2005 and 2008/2009.

And 2014, fuck you in advance.

mankvill
12-27-2013, 01:03 PM
also: no half-life 3

spoiler alert: no half-life 3 in 2014 either

Maideneer
12-27-2013, 01:14 PM
• Opeth will still suck

http://www.liftlovelife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/erroneous.gif

AnthG
12-27-2013, 02:12 PM
Go die alongside 1988

Awww, I was born that year.

Natrlhi
12-28-2013, 09:55 AM
So fuck you 2013.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_29_shKT4Elw/TRRQjq7VYcI/AAAAAAAALUc/pXkpvaVZHgw/s400/Kim-Kardashian-flip-off.jpg
Whoa, Adam, you're pretty hot. I see the operations and the hormones did wonders. I hope this doesn't make me gay, but I kinda wanna tap that ass.

dcmetal108
12-28-2013, 10:51 AM
Whoa, Adam, you're pretty hot. I see the operations and the hormones did wonders. I hope this doesn't make me gay, but I kinda wanna tap that ass.

:lol:

adamclark52
12-28-2013, 09:58 PM
Here's my top ten albums of the year:
10. Nine Inch Nails – Hesitation Marks
9. Abyssal - Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius
8. Gorguts - Colored Sands
7. Portal – Vexovoid
6. Inquisition – Obscure Verses for the Multiverse
5. Deafheaven - Sunbather
4. Sigur Ros – Brennisteinn
3. Defeated Sanity – Passages into Deformity
2. Rotting Christ - Κατά τον δαίμονα εαυτού
1. Nails – Abandon All Life

infinitydeth
12-28-2013, 10:16 PM
Here's my top ten albums of the year:
10. Nine Inch Nails – Hesitation Marks
9. Abyssal - Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius
8. Gorguts - Colored Sands
7. Portal – Vexovoid

Solid list! :fist:

adamclark52
01-01-2014, 07:55 AM
Solid list! :fist:

Yeah, I actually listened to that Harm's Way EP 'Blinded' a few more times and decided it should be at number eight. So see ya later Hesitation Marks.

7. Portal – Vexovoid
8. Harm's Way - Blinded
9. Gorguts - Colored Sands
10. Abyssal - Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

adamclark52
01-03-2014, 08:34 PM
Here's some shit I was working on for my thread that I never got around to posting.

Some blurbs about my top ten albums:

In January I had no idea who Nails were. In November I bought a Boss HM-2 guitar pedal to be just like them. This album just crushes. You can read a review I did of it here (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showpost.php?p=532572&postcount=128).
Favorite Song: No Surrender (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4_7peU2RUU)

You can read my review of this album here (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=22679). I still love it.
Favorite Song: In Yumen - Xibalba (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Klg58BdnIgk)

I like that this isn’t slam or flashy or anything that makes so much death metal a parody of itself. It’s just wicked, brutal death metal. Great vocals, I love the “so damn tight that it’s about to snap” snare drum and some killer samples that tie the whole thing together. If there’s anything bad about this album it’s that it ends with a fade-out.
Favorite Song: none in particular, just listen to the whole album (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP2cqCRfQ9M)

A free EP that came with the purchase of a ticket to their last tour. It has one of the few good songs from their latest album and two incredible instrumentals. That the album was such a let down after this teaser.
Favorite Song: Hryggjarsúla (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2AKIuRbRqQ)

I really missed the boat on this album. After reading so much about it I still waited months to listen to it. Once I did I was blown away. I thought all those hipster album of the years it was getting would turn me off, but it is that good.
Favorite Song: Dream House (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWyVhIBmdGw)

I love the guitar work on this album on the songs Master of the Cosmological Black Cauldron, Joined by Dark Matter, Repelled by Dark Energy and Inversion of Ethereal White Stars. Once I heard those songs I knew that I was listening to one of the better albums of the year. These guys should be Immortal cheesy but they aren’t. I really need to see Inquisition live again.
Favorite Song: Inversion of Ethereal White Stars (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQwat8pB8Ko)

7. Portal – Vexovoid
Holy shit, it’s Portal. I didn’t like this album at first because it ended too early. But isn’t that more of a compliment than a complaint? This album is creepy as fuck and just burrows into your brain.
Favorite Song: Orbmorphia (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8mVuQMiDtw)/Oblotten (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNMzlBR0glo)

8. Harm’s Way - Blinded
I’ve really been getting into the new-wave, more metallic hardcore music this year. I like this album because I’m terrified of their singer (http://www.xmorethaninkx.com/communities/6/004/009/257/726/images/4576105479_437x531.jpg).
Favorite Song: Frontal Lobe (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9nA-weBQKU)

9. Gorguts - Colored Sands
I’m still pretty new to this one since I only got it a few days ago but even after one listen I knew I was listening to something special. They remind me of Morbid Angel but with vocals like Isis (before they got gay). There’s some great guitar work on this album and I appreciated that it was technical but not “hey, look at me, look at how many notes I can play” flashy, with all the sweeps and shit. There were even some parts that reminded me of Blut Aus Nord during their most twisted moments, which was really cool and new for death metal. If there’s any problem with this album it’s that it’s a little too long. I’d trim a few minutes off a few songs and scrap the orchestral interlude in the middle.
Favorite Song: Absconders (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv-jY9zI_gs)

10. Abyssal - Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius
This is really good stuff if you’re into a band like Portal, which I am. The biggest difference is these guys show a lot more experimentation with their sound than the aforementioned Portal, who just punish you with the same drone over and over.
Favorite Song: As Paupers Safeguard Magnates (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmNnLYKsZZQ)

adamclark52
01-03-2014, 08:41 PM
Here’s a list of some of the good older (pre-2013) albums I got my hands on this year.

Bathory – Twilight of the Gods
Blut Aus Nord - Odinist
Blut Aus Nord – Memoria Vetusta I: Father of the Icy Age
Botch – We Are the Romans
Converge – All We Love We Leave Behind
Defeated Sanity – Chapters of Repugnance
Deftones - Koi No Yokan
Flesh Consumed – Epileptic Dimensions of Suffering
Immolation – Close to a World Below
Immolation – Here in After
Misfits – Walk Amoung Us
Misfits – Static Age
Nails – Obscene Humanity
Nails – Unsilent Death
Napalm Death – Utopia Banished
Origin - Entity
Sonic Youth – A Thousand Leaves
Sonic Youth – Murray Street
Sonic Youth – Silver Sessions for Jason Knuth
Sonic Youth – SYR1: Anagrama
Sonic Youth (as Ciccone Youth) – the Whitey Album
Suffocation – Breeding the Spawn
Tarro - Triángulo Porno Fantástico

adamclark52
01-03-2014, 08:41 PM
Some stuff I actually am looking forward to in 2014
• The new Triptykon album
• The Hobbit: There and Back Again
• Seeing Nile in April
• Summer
• The new Castlevania game
- I'd say the new Tool album but I'll wait on it
• Final Fantasy XIII-3: Lightning Returns
• Seeing Godspeed You! Black Emperor (my favorite band) and Neurosis in January, twice
• The new Behemoth album

hellawaits77ny
01-04-2014, 06:10 AM
I didn't really dig the new Defeated Sanity, but it's nice to see them get some love. And also a good move to move up the new Harm's Way! Great EP.

Coma323
01-04-2014, 07:57 AM
but with vocals like Isis (before they got gay).

what

TehBr00tulz
01-04-2014, 08:37 AM
How fitting that Nails is your #1, seeing the rage inducing events that have been 2013 for you.

adamclark52
01-04-2014, 08:55 AM
what

Pre-Panopticon.

kalfitegrdan
01-08-2014, 07:01 AM
8. Harm’s Way - Blinded
I’ve really been getting into the new-wave, more metallic hardcore music this year. I like this album because I’m terrified of their singer (http://www.xmorethaninkx.com/communities/6/004/009/257/726/images/4576105479_437x531.jpg).
Favorite Song: Frontal Lobe (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9nA-weBQKU)

God, yes, I'm always terrified of him live. Funny story, I saw them at a Christmas charity show and all the band and the stage was all Christmas themed. The singer had a bright green Grinch shirt and a Santa hat on and was still imposing as all fuck. Also, they put a bunch of wrapped empty boxes and t-shirts in wrapping paper all over the stage and during the set the singer was just kicking all the wrapped shit at the crowd. :lol: It was awesome. They also added a bunch of samples from Christmas Story throughout their set too.

ravenheart
01-08-2014, 08:41 AM
Leprous are probably my biggest disappointment for 2013. Coal is really boring, and annoyingly littered with really shitty attempts at extreme vocals.

Michael Schenker is probably second. Not sure after that. Probably Sepultura and Artillery.

Iced Earth are my biggest disappointment of 2014 so far. Wonder if they can hold on to that distinction all year :lol:

MetalIsArt
01-08-2014, 11:48 AM
Leprous are probably my biggest disappointment for 2013. Coal is really boring, and annoyingly littered with really shitty attempts at extreme vocals.

Michael Schenker is probably second. Not sure after that. Probably Sepultura and Artillery.

Iced Earth are my biggest disappointment of 2014 so far. Wonder if they can hold on to that distinction all year :lol:

Sepultura need to reunite or call it a day, and stay away from Robinson.

John The Drummer
01-09-2014, 01:03 PM
Sepultura need to reunite or call it a day, and stay away from Robinson.

Reunite is a hard call.... it'd be so awesome... but Max... he's really not the same that he used to be. I am a big Soulfly fan, really love most of the stuff they put out, and Enslaved was such a killer album, but after hearing a few tracks from their newest album, and then watching Cavalera Conspiracy's live DVD that I got.... man.... man...... :(

Sepultura still puts on an amazing live performance, even if its only 1/2 of the "classic" line up... their albums on the other hand.... yeah.... so maybe it WOULD be best for them to reform :)

adamclark52
01-09-2014, 05:49 PM
Reunite is a hard call.... it'd be so awesome... but Max... he's really not the same that he used to be. I am a big Soulfly fan, really love most of the stuff they put out, and Enslaved was such a killer album, but after hearing a few tracks from their newest album, and then watching Cavalera Conspiracy's live DVD that I got.... man.... man...... :(

Sepultura still puts on an amazing live performance, even if its only 1/2 of the "classic" line up... their albums on the other hand.... yeah.... so maybe it WOULD be best for them to reform :)

So let's say reunite for a tour, but not an album? Although an album would be inevitable.

ravenheart
01-10-2014, 02:30 AM

Pretty much agreed. I haven't seen Cavalera Conspiracy live, but have seen Soulfly and don't wish to again. I like most of their albums, and the new one is OK but nothing special.

Sepultura I've seen once and they were superb, but the only new output from them I've enjoyed is about half of Kairos. Don't think I've really like any of their albums all the way through since maybe 'Against'.

adamclark52
01-13-2014, 09:27 AM
God, yes, I'm always terrified of him live. Funny story, I saw them at a Christmas charity show and all the band and the stage was all Christmas themed. The singer had a bright green Grinch shirt and a Santa hat on and was still imposing as all fuck. Also, they put a bunch of wrapped empty boxes and t-shirts in wrapping paper all over the stage and during the set the singer was just kicking all the wrapped shit at the crowd. :lol: It was awesome. They also added a bunch of samples from Christmas Story throughout their set too.

I'd love to see them live but a pencil-necked geek like me wouldn't last through the soundcheck.

dcmetal108
01-13-2014, 06:38 PM
I'd love to see them live but a pencil-necked geek like me wouldn't last through the soundcheck.

You aren't a real man if you don't throw down during them, I've done it all three times I saw them (though only 2 of the 3 times got violent)

kalfitegrdan
01-14-2014, 12:52 AM
You aren't a real man if you don't throw down during them, I've done it all three times I saw them (though only 2 of the 3 times got violent)

Boys throw down. Men mosh. ;)

adamclark52
01-14-2014, 01:20 AM

Old men stand off to the side and pray to god they don't get hurt.

dcmetal108
01-14-2014, 07:14 AM

I challenge you!............. to a throw down competition. ;)

kalfitegrdan
01-14-2014, 11:00 PM
I challenge you!............. to a throw down competition. ;)

I Throwdown (http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2_hveXzklMA) to one song and one song only.

Alternatively, this (http://m.youtube.com/results?q=hacktavist%20nigga's%20in%20paris&sm=1) will also work for that.

dcmetal108
01-14-2014, 11:19 PM
I Throwdown (http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2_hveXzklMA) to one song and one song only.

Alternatively, this (http://m.youtube.com/results?q=hacktavist%20nigga's%20in%20paris&sm=1) will also work for that.

holy shit at that Throwdown song haha.

I was expecting that Waking The Cadaver song we listened to before the Harms Way / Weekend Nachos show.

kalfitegrdan
01-15-2014, 12:26 AM
holy shit at that Throwdown song haha.

I was expecting that Waking The Cadaver song we listened to before the Harms Way / Weekend Nachos show.

MONEY POWER DEATH! UNTIL I GET MY RESPECT!

dcmetal108
01-15-2014, 08:42 AM
MONEY POWER DEATH! UNTIL I GET MY RESPECT!

thats the song! :lol:

adamclark52
01-15-2014, 12:16 PM
I may be getting a headstart on my 2014 list:

https://d1vr6n66ssr06c.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/final_fantasy_xv_header.jpg

That's a shot from Final Fantasy XV. I'm not sure if it's just a promo shot, a cut scene, whatever, I don't care. It's just astounding that with every Final Fantasy game they somehow are able to make everything even gayer. My hat is off to whoever designs these games. I've been a huge fan of Final Fantasy for over twenty years and I'll probably buy a PS4 just to play this game. And I know that the whole time I'll just roll my eyes and long for days gone by, when Final Fantasy games had armor. Kudos to Square's designers for finding a new way to make me throw up in my mouth.
But seriously, what the fuck is this goddamn shit? If I wanted to watch Resivor Dogs I'd watch...Resivor Dogs. I want to play Final fucking Fantasy. I want to fight dragons, buy armor and cast spells. Not walk around with some psudo-hipster whiney bitch with daddy issues and listen to him make sex noises when he gets confused. GOd damn this series has passed me by. Maybe I need to be Japanese to appreciate it. Or drink paint thinner. Or be eleven. Fuck me sideways why does this series get lamer with every installment?

I probably should play the game before I get so pissed off.

kalfitegrdan
01-15-2014, 07:05 PM
:lol: That looks like Heat as interpreted by the members of One Direction.

hellawaits77ny
01-16-2014, 05:58 AM

Jesus, I hadn't heard that in years. My buddy said when they played that song live years ago the place went nuts.

John The Drummer
01-17-2014, 05:31 PM
Old men stand off to the side and pray to god they don't get hurt.

HEY! I'm only 25 :(