PDA

View Full Version : The only albums I heard all year...

Maideneer
12-18-2013, 02:28 PM
Forget top 20 lists or any of that, I'm lucky I've actually heard close to 10 records this year. It's a been a shit year admittedly, and I'd like to forget it as quickly as possible. Anyway, here are the only albums released in 2013 that I heard.

Helloween - Straight Out Of Hell
Soilwork - The Living Infinite
Hypocrisy - End Of Disclosure
Ghost - Infestissumam
Amorphis - Circle
My Dying Bride - The Manuscript (EP)
Burzum - Sol Austan, Mani Vestan
Dark Tranquillity - Construct
Megadeth - Super Collider
Children Of Bodom - Halo Of Blood
Amon Amarth - Deceiver Of The Gods
Satyricon - Satyricon
Ihsahn - Das Seelenbrechen

Out of these, Amon Amarth & Bodom had the best records, with Helloween & Soilwork right behind. Ihsahn had the most disappointing.

PowerMaiden
12-18-2013, 02:47 PM
I know it's kinda cool on this site to dislike Bodom but Halo Of Blood is a magnificient piece of work. Just the right combination of old school Bodom with the newer style ... Album of the year for me

Cheers
PowerMaiden

Datjazzfusion
12-18-2013, 02:50 PM
I know it's kinda cool on this site to dislike Bodom but Halo Of Blood is a magnificient piece of work. Just the right combination of old school Bodom with the newer style ... Album of the year for me

Cheers
PowerMaiden

I heard good things about it but never checked it out because Blooddrunk and Relentless, Reckless Forever were pretty bad. Is Halo of Blood better?

John The Drummer
12-18-2013, 04:17 PM
I'm the same way, man. I don't get aroudn to as many albums as most people on here listen to... so that is another reason my lists are just Top 5 :)

PowerMaiden
12-18-2013, 06:16 PM
I heard good things about it but never checked it out because Blooddrunk and Relentless, Reckless Forever were pretty bad. Is Halo of Blood better?

way way better, a little masterpiece imho, even though I don't completely dislikeBD & RRF.

For me

1. Hate Crew Deathroll
2. Hatebreeder
3. Halo Of Blood
4. Are You Dead Yet ?
5. Something Wild
6. Follow The Reaper (good album but I don't like it as much as most people do)
7. Relentless Reckless Forever
8. Blooddrunk

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

adamclark52
12-18-2013, 09:33 PM
I heard maybe thirty "new" albums this year and I'm having a hard time making a top ten. One and two are a lock, the rest is all just filler.

AnthG
12-19-2013, 07:52 AM

I really enjoyed Relentless Reckless Forever, and didn't think Halo of Blood was as good.

IrritatedTrout
12-19-2013, 09:21 AM
You heard more new ones than I did. :lol: