Track from: Disarm The Descent
Label: Roadrunner Records

Room 24
Volbeat Featuring King Diamond
Track from: Outlaw Gentlemen & Shady Ladies
Label: Republic Records

14. BEST ROCK SONG

Ain't Messin 'Round
Gary Clark Jr., songwriter (Gary Clark Jr.)
Label: Warner Bros. Records; Publisher: Hotwire Unlimited LLC

Cut Me Some Slack
Dave Grohl, Paul McCartney, Krist Novoselic & Pat Smear, songwriters (Paul McCartney, Dave Grohl, Krist Novoselic, Pat Smear)
Track from: Sound City - Real To Reel
Label: RCA Records / Roswell Records; Publishers: MPL Communications, Inc./M.J.-Twelve Music/Murky Slough Music/Kobalt Music/Ruthensmear Music/Bug Music
Doom And Gloom
Mick Jagger & Keith Richards, songwriters (The Rolling Stones)
Label: Universal Music Enterprises; Publisher: Promopub B.V.

God Is Dead?
Geezer Butler, Tony Iommi & Ozzy Osbourne, songwriters (Black Sabbath)
Track from: 13
Label: Vertigo/Republic; Publishers: Aston Music/Blizzard Music Limited/Valallen

Music
Panic Station
Matthew Bellamy, songwriter (Muse)
Label: Warner Bros. Records; Publisher: Warner Chappell

15. BEST ROCK ALBUM

Black Sabbath
Label: Vertigo/Republic

The Next Day
David Bowie
Label: Columbia Records

Mechanical Bull
Kings Of Leon
Label: RCA Records

Celebration Day
Led Zeppelin
Label: Swan Song/Atlantic

...Like Clockwork
Queens Of The Stone Age
Label: Matador

Psychedelic Pill
Neil Young With Crazy Horse
Label: Reprise

mankvill
12-06-2013, 08:57 PM
oh good, i thought they had consolidated metal into rock like last year

rock performance: maybe led zep but if it's not, imagine dragons has it locked down

metal: realllllly disappointing choices. will be black sabbath.

rock song: gonna be either sabbath or fake nirvana

rock album: again, throw up between sabbaf and zep

PVH5150
12-06-2013, 09:07 PM
Imagine Dragons is to Rock as to what Stephen Hawking is to standing up.

SomewhereInTime72
12-06-2013, 09:07 PM
:zzz:

mankvill
12-06-2013, 09:09 PM
Imagine Dragons is to Rock as to what Stephen Hawking is to standing up.

I can think of about 1.6 million worse pop rock/radio hard rock bands than Imagine Dragons. They're not great and WELCUM 2 DA NEW AGE is a shit song, but that new one isn't half bad.

Source: myself, I listen to more pop music than the rest of the fucks on this board combined.

slapguitarer
12-06-2013, 11:22 PM
Why is zep up for a grammy? dumb

Also somebody wanna explain to me the difference between shit like Song of the Year and Record of the Year? I don't fucking get it.

kalfitegrdan
12-07-2013, 03:21 AM
If Anthrax's TNT cover wins, then I'm just done. I guess it is better than that Volbeat crap though. :barf: I imagine Sabbath will probably just win everything though.

AnthG
12-07-2013, 03:37 AM
Sabbath has the Metal award in the bag. They always give it to the band with the best combination of popularity and longevity. Except last year when Halestorm won.

ravenheart
12-07-2013, 03:49 AM
oh good, i thought they had consolidated metal into rock like last year

rock performance: maybe led zep but if it's not, imagine dragons has it locked down

metal: realllllly disappointing choices. will be black sabbath.

rock song: gonna be either sabbath or fake nirvana

rock album: again, throw up between sabbaf and zep

Zep shouldn't win anything. That live album is fucking awful.

ravenheart
12-07-2013, 03:50 AM
Also somebody wanna explain to me the difference between shit like Song of the Year and Record of the Year? I don't fucking get it.

A record is an album, surely?

ravenheart
12-07-2013, 04:03 AM
Apparently AIC's The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here is nominated for Best Engineered Album, and Metallica's Through The Never is nominated for Best Recording Package.

Megadeth were also nominated for Best Band Beginning With The Letter 'M' That Isn't Metallica, and Clutch have been nominated for Best Facial Hair On An American Band In The Absence of Gerry Garcia Who Would Have Won Every Year Had Ridiculous Minutia In Awards Categories Been A Thing When He Was Alive.

mankvill
12-07-2013, 08:51 AM
Zep shouldn't win anything. That live album is fucking awful.

you're not thinking like the people who vote on this shit

BloodoftheKings
12-07-2013, 09:10 AM
I don't get the Grammys. Why are albums that came out in 2012 nominated for Album of the Year? Why are people who have been around for over 5 years nominated for best new artist?

mankvill
12-07-2013, 09:11 AM
I don't get the Grammys. Why are albums that came out in 2012 nominated for Album of the Year? Why are people who have been around for over 5 years nominated for best new artist?

They pretty much go on when an artist gets big, not their actual year of inception.

slapguitarer
12-07-2013, 09:16 AM
A record is an album, surely?

No, because Album of the Year is its own category as well. So Record of the Year, Somg Of the Year and Best ____ Performance are all just songs. I don't get it

Steev
12-07-2013, 09:22 AM
Just keep the following in mind:
-both Judas Priest and Black Sabbath have won for live versions of old songs
-Motorhead won for a Metallica cover
-Slayer won for a bonus track from an album that had a song win the year before

IrritatedTrout
12-07-2013, 09:24 AM
:lol: @ nominating Kashmir for a Grammy in 2013.

AnthG
12-07-2013, 09:58 AM
Why is zep up for a grammy? dumb

I believe that Record of the Year goes to the artist or band that recorded and performed the song, as well as I think the producers and what not, while Song of the Year is awarded to solely the songwriters. In a lot of cases it's probably the same people, but for pop songs where the artist didn't write the song, it would go to the songwriters. That's why when you see the nominations for anything with "____ Song of the Year" for any of the genres you see the songwriters (or at least credited songwriters) listed as potential recipients, even if it's just all the members of the band anyway.

elturtleboy
12-07-2013, 03:02 PM
At least theyre picking something thats actually new for a chage. Sabbath for everything.

Travis The Dragon
12-07-2013, 03:13 PM
I'd love to see Dream Theater win, but I know I'm dreaming.

300%_Density
01-26-2014, 04:55 PM
Hold your shock

Sabbath Win Grammy (http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/black-sabbath-wins-best-hard-rockmetal-performance-grammy-award/)

mankvill
01-26-2014, 05:07 PM
Imagine Dragons won for best Rock performance. SHOCKER

darkguardian50
01-26-2014, 05:17 PM
Very interesting to see what the heck Metallica is gonna do with Lang Lang. That should be an interesting performance to say the least.

Sabbath and Imagine Dragons winning is the most non surprise. This is the grammy's we are talking about.

Though I don't hate Radioactive. Its not really Rock imo but it doesn't piss me off.

300%_Density
01-26-2014, 05:33 PM
Don't forget. QOTSA is closing out show w/ Trent Reznor and someone else I can't remember. I'm lookin forward to that.

detuned
01-26-2014, 05:48 PM

I believe that Record of the Year goes to the artist or band that recorded and performed the song, as well as I think the producers and what not, while Song of the Year is awarded to solely the songwriters. In a lot of cases it's probably the same people, but for pop songs where the artist didn't write the song, it would go to the songwriters. That's why when you see the nominations for anything with "____ Song of the Year" for any of the genres you see the songwriters (or at least credited songwriters) listed as potential recipients, even if it's just all the members of the band anyway.

from the grammy faq:

What is the difference between Record Of The Year and Song Of The Year?

The Record Of The Year category recognizes the artistís performance as well as the overall contributions of the producer(s), recording engineer(s) and/or mixer(s) if other than the artist. The Song Of The Year category recognizes the songwriter(s).

http://i.imgur.com/V1Sdf6C.jpg

Killswitch Engage: Who We're Excited To See At The GRAMMYs (http://www.grammy.com/videos/killswitch-engage-who-were-excited-to-see-at-the-grammys)

Steev
01-26-2014, 05:51 PM
They also showed Clown from Slipknot in the preshow, not really sure what he's there for

kalfitegrdan
01-26-2014, 05:54 PM
They also showed Clown from Slipknot in the preshow, not really sure what he's there for

To do the same as he does in the band? Nothing.

Coma323
01-26-2014, 05:58 PM

I lol'd

300%_Density
01-26-2014, 06:09 PM

This guy brought hilarious jokes tonight.

slapguitarer
01-26-2014, 06:34 PM
The head of the Jazz Studies department at SJSU won the Grammy for Best Tropical Latin album. Pretty awesome!

300%_Density
01-26-2014, 06:58 PM
Not an Imagine Dragons fan. But that was a show.

powerslave_85
01-26-2014, 08:02 PM
"I really like 'One' by Metallica but I wish it was cut down by a few minutes and interrupted by crazy, random piano solos." -Nobody

300%_Density
01-26-2014, 08:05 PM
Metallica were fantastic. What a stage show and damn what a piano player.

darkguardian50
01-26-2014, 08:32 PM
I thought Metallica was good but the collab was a bit chaotic at times. Lang Lang is brilliant (an actual virtuoso) but in that song in particular it got a little busy. But the crowd seemed to love it.

El Gordo
01-26-2014, 08:38 PM
Metallica were fantastic. What a stage show and damn what a piano player.

I wouldn't say 'fantastic'. It was OK. The piano was excellent but didn't really mesh properly with what the band was playing. It'll never happen, but it would be cool if a proper metal band were allowed to play a mainstream event like this, because Metallica at this point in their career are not a good indication of what metal is. Of course, I don't know if any of the performances are good representations of whatever genre they represent because I don't follow those genres... I mean, they probably aren't, because it's the Grammys, but then again I didn't see any people in the crowd rocking out during Metallica like during the other performances. Metal as a whole is misunderstood at the Grammys and should probably just go back to being ignored like it used to be pre-1988.

sfhui
01-26-2014, 08:43 PM
I thought Metallica was good but the collab was a bit chaotic at times. Lang Lang is brilliant (an actual virtuoso) but in that song in particular it got a little busy. But the crowd seemed to love it.

the only good part about the collab is the ending part, where Kirk starts solo

Lang Lang is def a great piano player

PVH5150
01-26-2014, 08:56 PM
>Imagine Dragons
>Rock

lulz

NickLed19
01-26-2014, 08:56 PM
Kendrick Lamar

John The Drummer
01-26-2014, 09:17 PM
>Imagine Dragons
>Rock

lulz

SRSLY!!!!! They're played on both the "Top 40" Pop Stations and Rock Stations here in Seattle... WTF!? I don't get how that can even be put on the same station as Metallica, Motley Crue, Megadeth, and other bands of such nature... shit... even Creed is more tolerable then their shit.

justinm4bama
01-26-2014, 09:55 PM
This is honestly the first time I've ever heard of the band Imagine Dragons. I'm not sure if this is a bad thing because I don't keep up with this type of stuff or a good thing because I don't listen to the radio :eyes:

mankvill
01-26-2014, 10:28 PM
Trent ReznorVerified account ‏@trent_reznor

Music's biggest night... to be disrespected. A heartfelt FUCK YOU guys.

====

They cut off NIN/QOTSA's performance in the middle of the song

300%_Density
01-26-2014, 10:34 PM
Trent ReznorVerified account ‏@trent_reznor

Music's biggest night... to be disrespected. A heartfelt FUCK YOU guys.

====

They cut off NIN/QOTSA's performance in the middle of the song

My only hope is he trashed the stage and broke equipment when he found out.

NickLed19
01-27-2014, 12:32 AM
It was the end of the song.

Coma323
01-27-2014, 03:08 AM
There was a minute left, ever hear of respect?

marker
01-27-2014, 09:26 AM
Glad I didn't waste my time with this bullshit.

mankvill
01-27-2014, 10:36 AM
There was a minute left, ever hear of respect?

They were also running commercials during QOTSA's part

darkguardian50
01-27-2014, 03:06 PM
Yea not only did they cut off the QOTSA song (which is great, the last collab was great across the board) but apparently after that they played a Lindsay Buckingham song which the tv audience never even saw (that's what I heard, not sure if it was a troll). Very disrespectful. Reznor is right to be upset (though his song was over) but he's absolutely right.

Coma323
01-27-2014, 03:27 PM
They were also running commercials during QOTSA's part
Yeah that's what I meant for the minute left. Now Trent absolutely wants nothing whatsoever to do with the Grammys...

Steev
01-27-2014, 04:59 PM
The only good to thing to come of that was someone referencing "What Up With That"

Derelict
01-28-2014, 05:54 AM
Odd that bullshit happened during an event predicated on bullshit.

TheWildAndTheYoung
01-28-2014, 06:06 AM
>Imagine Dragons
>Rock

lulz

I've been saying that for a long time now.

Metallica was good and by far best performance, but I do wish to see more bands that represent metal now more in the future.

dcmetal108
01-28-2014, 08:06 AM
I've been saying that for a long time now.

Metallica was good and by far best performance, but I do wish to see more bands that represent metal now more in the future.

Like who?

Also if you say that Kendrick Lamar didn't kill it, as did Mackelmore than you can leave now.

AnthG
01-28-2014, 01:37 PM
Like who?

Uh, like Black Dahlia Murder, Revocation, Arsis, Gojira, Skeletonwitch, Lamb of God, The Faceless, DevilDriver, Machine Head, and Chthonic just to name a few!

dcmetal108
01-28-2014, 01:49 PM
Uh, like Black Dahlia Murder, Revocation, Arsis, Gojira, Skeletonwitch, Lamb of God, The Faceless, DevilDriver, Machine Head, and Chthonic just to name a few!

You really expect any of those bands to perform at The Grammys? The only one that could ever do it is LOG and that is only there is maybe a award for music documentary?

Otherwise I take your post as a joke.

mankvill
01-28-2014, 02:26 PM
any band that has any harsh vocals will never play the Grammys.

NickLed19
01-28-2014, 02:27 PM
Like who?

Also if you say that Kendrick Lamar didn't kill it, as did Mackelmore than you can leave now.

Agreed.

John The Drummer
01-28-2014, 04:05 PM
Watched the Metallica performance last night...

:lol: :wow:

THAT WAS HORRIBLE!!!!!

dcmetal108
01-28-2014, 04:32 PM

Not only that but if you think that any band that they named will ever be big enough to play makes you sound stupid.

I mean fucking Sabbath won the Grammy and still won't play.

kalfitegrdan
01-28-2014, 08:29 PM
You really expect any of those bands to perform at The Grammys? The only one that could ever do it is LOG and that is only there is maybe a award for music documentary?

Didn't Lamb of God win a Grammy or something and not even show up to the award show?

TheWildAndTheYoung
01-28-2014, 10:12 PM
Like who?

I think it's a waste to list the ones I'd like to see because you hate most of the bands I like anyway.All I said was I would like to see more metal bands play the Grammies in the future, I highly doubt Metallica is the only metal band that can play the Grammies.

If staying means having to like Kendrick Lamar, then I'll gladly leave. I didn't bother watching anything else after Metallica because the only reason I watched the Grammies in the first place was to see them, Paul and Ringo.I thought I made it clear long ago that I hate rap, always will.I honestly hated that performance and me (along with the rest of my family) were happy when it was finally over.

slapguitarer
01-28-2014, 10:23 PM
Grammys*

Try not to use always or never. You never know when your pallette might expand, especially when you're as young as you are.

mankvill
01-28-2014, 10:25 PM
I hate rap, always will.

:barf:

XDoomsayerX
01-28-2014, 10:30 PM
I think it's a waste to list the ones I'd like to see because you hate most of the bands I like anyway.All I said was I would like to see more metal bands play the Grammies in the future, I highly doubt Metallica is the only metal band that can play the Grammies.

If staying means having to like Kendrick Lamar, then I'll gladly leave. I didn't bother watching anything else after Metallica because the only reason I watched the Grammies in the first place was to see them, Paul and Ringo.I thought I made it clear long ago that I hate rap, always will.I honestly hated that performance and me (along with the rest of my family) were happy when it was finally over.

Yup and I'm sure you'll always love dudes playing music in tight ass pants and make-up.:D

TonyD
01-28-2014, 11:06 PM
I just saw the Metallica and QotSA/NIN/Buckingham performances. I don't know what the fuck attaching Lang Lang to the Metallica performance was for, maybe a little high brow appeal.

mankvill
01-29-2014, 12:22 AM
I just saw the Metallica and QotSA/NIN/Buckingham performances. I don't know what the fuck attaching Lang Lang to the Metallica performance was for, maybe a little high brow appeal.

S&M 1.5

kalfitegrdan
01-29-2014, 12:48 AM

Man, you and your family must've been in a bad mood.

NickLed19
01-29-2014, 01:49 AM
LOL @ people who hate whole genres of music. Open your mind.

dcmetal108
01-29-2014, 05:04 AM

Do kid, you are a fucking idiot. It must be sad to only love shitty glam and not be able to open yourself up to other music.

So I'm guessing you hated Mackelmore too because it's rap so it all must be stupid right? And the Katy Perry / Juicy J part because there was rap and pop music is stupid and it wasn't a bunch of guys in make up and spandex? And Daft Punk because "oh they were playing on a computer lolz not realz".

The day Black Veil Brides plays the Grammys I'll tell you, until then please leave forever.

ravenheart
01-29-2014, 05:23 AM
I hate crap music.

ravenheart
01-29-2014, 05:34 AM
It must be sad to only love shitty glam and not be able to open yourself up to other music.

Ignorance is bliss.

MetalIsArt
01-29-2014, 06:53 AM
I still want Lindsey Buckingham's guitar yo :allan:

AnthG
01-29-2014, 06:53 AM

Not only that but if you think that any band that they named will ever be big enough to play makes you sound stupid.

I mean fucking Sabbath won the Grammy and still won't play.

Holy fuck, it was a joke guys. I'm surprised people thought I was serious, especially you manky.

MetalIsArt
01-29-2014, 07:37 AM
Holy fuck, it was a joke guys. I'm surprised people thought I was serious, especially you manky.

Mine wasn't. :mad:

TheWildAndTheYoung
01-29-2014, 07:56 AM
Do kid, you are a fucking idiot. It must be sad to only love shitty glam and not be able to open yourself up to other music.

So I'm guessing you hated Mackelmore too because it's rap so it all must be stupid right? And the Katy Perry / Juicy J part because there was rap and pop music is stupid and it wasn't a bunch of guys in make up and spandex? And Daft Punk because "oh they were playing on a computer lolz not realz".

The day Black Veil Brides plays the Grammys I'll tell you, until then please leave forever.

Didn't watch Mackelmore or Katy Perry and thought Daft Punk wasn't that bad, but it's music I don't like, and if there's anything I've learned here is that it's ok to not like what somebody else does.

And it's a good thing I listen to other stuff besides glam metal. I was joking about leaving, I'll be here for a long time :D.

TheWildAndTheYoung
01-29-2014, 08:00 AM
Grammys*

Try not to use always or never. You never know when your pallette might expand, especially when you're as young as you are.

If I ever like rap, I will definitely be sure to let you know. I'd be willing to bet everything I have that I will never like rap.Some people just don't like certain genres and never will.There's is absolutely nothing that appeals to me in rap, I seriously think it's junk, but if someone likes rap that's cool, I'm not going to sit here and insult someone who likes it.

slapguitarer
01-29-2014, 08:09 AM
If I ever like rap, I will definitely be sure to let you know. I'd be willing to bet everything I have that I will never like rap.Some people just don't like certain genres and never will.There's is absolutely nothing that appeals to me in rap, I seriously think it's junk, but if someone likes rap that's cool, I'm not going to sit here and insult someone who likes it.

You're not wrong. My dad never liked country music a day in his life and I think I'm pretty much in the same position, but there are plenty of styles of music I didn't care for at all when I was 14-15 that I love now. I'm not trying to call you close minded, but always be open to the possibility that 4-5 years from now your music preferences may be completely different. They may not change necessarily, but they may very well expand. If I went back in time 5 years and told myself that when I was in college I'd enjoy black metal, grindcore, hardcore, hip-hop and some forms of electronic music, I wouldn't believe it. But here I am today, loving those kinds if music.

AnthG
01-29-2014, 08:15 AM
I don't think that if he starts to like rap music sometime in the future, anyone will really care that he said he'd never like rap music somewhere on a message board. Unless he starts liking rap music like next week or something.

TheWildAndTheYoung
01-29-2014, 08:18 AM
You're not wrong. My dad never liked country music a day in his life and I think I'm pretty much in the same position, but there are plenty of styles of music I didn't care for at all when I was 14-15 that I love now. I'm not trying to call you close minded, but always be open to the possibility that 4-5 years from now your music preferences may be completely different. They may not change necessarily, but they may very well expand. If I went back in time 5 years and told myself that when I was in college I'd enjoy black metal, grindcore, hardcore, hip-hop and some forms of electronic music, I wouldn't believe it. But here I am today, loving those kinds if music.

I'd get what your saying, but let's just say I hate rap now, and wait and see what happens in the future. Only huge musical change for me so far is getting into Melodeath, can't really think of anything else.

MetalIsArt
01-29-2014, 08:30 AM
Didn't rap had it's peak at the end of the nineties?

300%_Density
01-29-2014, 08:34 AM

Depends if you mean in quality or commercial viability.

MetalIsArt
01-29-2014, 08:37 AM

The latter. But I should be quiet, I used to listen to Puff Daddy & shit.

TheWildAndTheYoung
01-29-2014, 08:45 AM

I don't know when I was in elementary school it seemed like that was the only music anybody listened to.

ravenheart
01-29-2014, 08:47 AM
I don't know when I was in elementary school it seemed like that was the only music anybody listened to.

Did it get that popular again in the last couple of months then?

:hecho: ;) :cool:

TheWildAndTheYoung
01-29-2014, 08:50 AM

I only know a handful of people now though that like rap, but I guess it is debatable.

adamclark52
01-29-2014, 09:14 AM
I think this is appropriate:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbgEh6EqC2w

It should be noted that WCW wrestling was based out of Atlanta, Georgia.

mankvill
01-29-2014, 10:26 AM
http://spinr.co/daft-punk-just-punked-everyone-at-2014-grammys/

mankvill
01-29-2014, 10:35 AM
http://spinr.co/daft-punk-just-punked-everyone-at-2014-grammys/

whoops - looks like those two are actually Cedric Hervet and Paul Hahn - frequent Daft Punk collaborators.

MetalIsArt
01-29-2014, 10:45 AM
Daft Punk sucks.

mankvill
01-29-2014, 10:54 AM
Daft Punk sucks.

http://i62.tinypic.com/8y5nom.jpg

MetalIsArt
01-29-2014, 10:54 AM
http://i62.tinypic.com/8y5nom.jpg

Yes, with vinegar please :allan:

slapguitarer
01-29-2014, 11:59 AM
Yes, with vinegar please :allan:

https://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/vp/image/1364/33/1364330761463.jpg

MetalIsArt
01-29-2014, 12:29 PM
https://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/vp/image/1364/33/1364330761463.jpg

Of coursh.

dcmetal108
01-29-2014, 02:56 PM

:lol:

Don't worry Andy, I got your joke and I really enjoyed it. :D

DementedX14
01-29-2014, 04:26 PM

The 90s had the best quality of rap that you can ask for. R&B was also awesome as well. I can barely listen to the shit that is out today it is unbearable to me because of Kayne West & Lil Wayne ruin the scene IMO.

NickLed19
01-29-2014, 04:50 PM
Kendrick Lamar is the best rapper in years. Check him out.

DementedX14
01-29-2014, 05:05 PM
Kendrick Lamar is the best rapper in years. Check him out.

Nope. Macklemore actually raps better IMO.

slapguitarer
01-29-2014, 05:50 PM
:|

IrritatedTrout
01-29-2014, 05:59 PM
Stupid question, and I do listen to a few artists in the genre, but is rap or hip-hop the correct terminology? I never really know.

Onioner
01-29-2014, 06:11 PM

Word. I can kind of see where the young one is coming from though. The first time I ripped a death metal album in my iTunes library I thought to myself "Is this what I'm into? Death metal?" It took a little bit of time for me to accept the fact that I was into music that a lot of people would frown upon or see as a caricature. It wasn't until even later that I realized that everyone who did that is just ignorant, close-minded, or just accepted a popular stereotype without much thought, and that I should just accept that my ears enjoy what they enjoy.

That being said, I never would have had that long-term musical growth if I never picked up that "death metal" album (The Sound of Perseverance by Death in case anyone was wondering) and gave it a chance in the first place. Knowing what you're into right now is all well and good, but convincing yourself that that is all you will ever be into is a very sad way to experience music over the course of a lifetime.

slapguitarer
01-29-2014, 06:34 PM
Stupid question, and I do listen to a few artists in the genre, but is rap or hip-hop the correct terminology? I never really know.

I'm not exactly an expert, but my take on it is that hip-hop is the style of music and rap is the style of vocal delivery used in a lot of hip-hop music.

AnthG
01-29-2014, 07:19 PM
From Wikipedia, for whatever it's worth:

While often used to refer to rapping, "hip hop" more properly denotes the practice of the entire subculture.[9][10] The term hip hop music is sometimes used synonymously with the term rap music,[2][5] though rapping is not a required component of hip hop music; the genre may also incorporate other elements of hip hop culture, including DJing and scratching, beatboxing, and instrumental tracks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hip_hop_music

mankvill
01-29-2014, 08:32 PM
BEST HIP-HOP ALBUM OF ALL TIME COMIN THRU

WrO9PTpuSSs

Onioner
01-30-2014, 12:32 AM
BEST HIP-HOP ALBUM OF ALL TIME COMIN THRU

WrO9PTpuSSs

:fist: