PDA

View Full Version : Decibel Magazine Tour 2014

DementedX14
11-26-2013, 07:57 PM
http://www.metalsucks.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Decibel-Magazine-Tour-2014.jpg

Tues, March 18 Orlando, FL @ The Beachum Theater
Wed, March 19 Atlanta, GA @ Masquerade
Fri, March 21 Dallas, TX @ Prophet Bar
Sat, March 22 Austin, TX @ Mohawk
Mon, March 24 Phoenix, AZ @ The Press Room
Tue, March 25 Santa Ana, CA @ The Observatory
Wed, March 26 San Francisco, CA @ The Regency Ballroom
Fri, March 28 Vancouver, BC @ Commodore Ballroom
Sat, March 29 Seattle, WA @ Showbox Market
Sun, March 30 Portland, OR @ Roseland Theater
Wed, April 02 Denver, CO @ Summit Music Hall
Fri, April 04 Minneapolis, MN @ Mill City Nights
Sat, April 05 Chicago, IL @ House Of Blues
Sun, April 06 Columbus, OH @ Newport Music Hall
Mon, April 07 Pittsburgh, PA @ Stage AE
Tue, April 08 Toronto, ON @ Sound Academy
Wed, April 09 Montreal, QC @ Metropolis
Thu, April 10 Boston, MA @ Paradise Rock Club
Fri, April 11 New York, NY @ Best Buy Theater
Sat, April 12 Philadelphia, PA @ Trocadero Theatre
Sun, April 13 Silver Spring, MD @ The Fillmore

adamclark52
11-26-2013, 08:07 PM
It's going to be hard to top last year.

I was thinking today that it would be a good idea for Sepultura to try to get on this year's.

Steev
11-26-2013, 08:12 PM
It's going to be hard to top last year.

I was thinking today that it would be a good idea for Sepultura to try to get on this year's.

Carcass with Sepultura and Exodus, that would rule

christopher
11-26-2013, 08:20 PM
Oh god. I seriously hope Carcass doesn't do Heartwork all the way through on this one. :(

Steev
11-26-2013, 08:23 PM
Oh god. I seriously hope Carcass doesn't do Heartwork all the way through on this one. :(

I'd imagine they wouldn't since they're promoting Surgical Steel

Ommie
11-26-2013, 08:26 PM
Is this the Carcass/BDM/Gorguts/Noisem tour that's been talked about?

elturtleboy
11-26-2013, 08:47 PM

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/375/118/db9.jpeg

RAZOR
11-26-2013, 08:47 PM
http://www.theprp.com/wp-content/uploads/decibelmagcarcass.jpg

Yeah I think Carcass will headline.

christopher
11-26-2013, 09:03 PM
I'd imagine they wouldn't since they're promoting Surgical Steel

The album is 41 minutes long and they play about 90 minutes on their headlining shows. They'll have plenty of time to play the new album.

Onioner
11-26-2013, 09:10 PM

Somehow, I feel like the band have been trying to downplay Heartwork and emphasize Necroticism since they got the ball rolling for the new album. I think a ton of fans associate Heartwork with Amott too. I personally think the setlist will be totally fine, I just hope that they get a full 90 minutes to play.

BRAman22
11-26-2013, 09:32 PM

That's what the general consensus is.

justinm4bama
11-26-2013, 09:35 PM

I was wondering the same thing. I read the magazine article about the people that set up this tour. They were saying that this years would be 'different' than the Cannibal Corpse tour.

christopher
11-26-2013, 10:07 PM
Somehow, I feel like the band have been trying to downplay Heartwork and emphasize Necroticism since they got the ball rolling for the new album. I think a ton of fans associate Heartwork with Amott too. I personally think the setlist will be totally fine, I just hope that they get a full 90 minutes to play.

I think you're on to something. I'd much rather hear that album that Heartwork. I would LOVE either of the first two but I know that's not happening :(

elturtleboy
11-26-2013, 10:16 PM
I think you're on to something. I'd much rather hear that album that Heartwork. I would LOVE either of the first two but I know that's not happening :(

want so bad

adamclark52
11-27-2013, 12:12 AM
I really wouldn't care what Carcass played. They're one of the best bands I've ever seen live. I just wanna see them again.

greenReaper
11-27-2013, 05:52 AM
Decibel posted on their Instagram a pic of the Carcass, The Black Dahlia Murder, Gorguts, and Noisem logos. That is probably going to be the tour

detuned
11-27-2013, 06:26 AM
they did?

http://instagram.com/decibelmagazine

greenReaper
11-27-2013, 06:30 AM
Sorry I got it from here last night. http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/rumors/decibel-practically-confirms-the-carcass-black-dahlia-murder-tour-happening-next-spring

detuned
11-27-2013, 06:57 AM
that image with all the logos is not official and made by metal injection to accompany the rumor posts. ive seen this confuse others, which is amazing.

Wrecking Crew
11-27-2013, 09:08 AM
Am I the only one that likes Heartwork? I liked Surgical Steel at first but after hearing it a few times, I think there's only 2-3 songs that I would call great. Regardless of the setlist, I will travel to see this though since I have never seen them.

greenReaper
11-27-2013, 10:34 AM
that image with all the logos is not official and made by metal injection to accompany the rumor posts. ive seen this confuse others, which is amazing.

Ah I see. I still bet this is the tour. Which is awesome, except i dont like Noisem and prefer a different opener. That's just being picky though, Carcass / TBDM / Gorguts are gonna rule

detuned
11-27-2013, 11:34 AM
yeah not doubting its a tour at all, just pointing out that wasnt official

kalfitegrdan
11-27-2013, 12:17 PM
Ah I see. I still bet this is the tour. Which is awesome, except i dont like Noisem and prefer a different opener. That's just being picky though, Carcass / TBDM / Gorguts are gonna rule

:nag:

NickLed19
11-27-2013, 02:09 PM
Noisem stayed at my house last week.

anomynous
11-27-2013, 02:19 PM
Did they Bring the Noise?

NickLed19
11-27-2013, 02:44 PM
Yes sir.

greenReaper
11-27-2013, 02:45 PM
:nag:

I see why lots of people like em, they just weren't my thing. I'm sure they're nice dudes. I saw them at MDF and Scion, couldn't get into it either time. Also pissed me off they were billed higher than Arsis, Vektor, or Impaled at Scion.

christopher
11-27-2013, 04:15 PM
I see why lots of people like em, they just weren't my thing. I'm sure they're nice dudes. I saw them at MDF and Scion, couldn't get into it either time. Also pissed me off they were billed higher than Arsis, Vektor, or Impaled at Scion.

It's not their fault where scion decided to put them in for their set time. Hell it could have been to prevent two good bands over lapping. At the scion fest in Pomona, Municipal Waste headlined the Glass House show over Death Angel and Atheist, but it also happened at the same time Morbid Angel was playing next door. And yes, I love MW, just an example of scion making shitty set times.

greenReaper
11-27-2013, 04:34 PM
I didn't blame the band. I just said it pissed me off. The band's performance both times I saw them did nothing for me

justinm4bama
11-27-2013, 04:49 PM

I was seeing Derketa while they were playing so I'm glad I didn't miss anything at MDF :D

HackedUpForBBQ
11-28-2013, 06:28 AM
Although extremely unlikely, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is going to be a King Diamond tour. He's gonna be on the cover of Decibel in January and, well, I'm just extremely anxious for whenever KD dates are announced.

kalfitegrdan
11-28-2013, 11:29 AM
I was seeing Derketa while they were playing so I'm glad I didn't miss anything at MDF :D

Yeah, me too. :D Noisem kicks ass though and I'm really looking forward to them on this tour.

AnataFan4Life
12-01-2013, 01:31 PM
Tremont Music Hall in Charlotte said they had a big announcement for metal fans Tuesday. Hoping its this.

coltongsmith
12-02-2013, 06:25 AM
Tremont Music Hall in Charlotte said they had a big announcement for metal fans Tuesday. Hoping its this.

this would be different because last year the decibel magazine tour was held at Amos' Southend which is a bigger venue than Tremont and Carcass has the ability to pull just as big a crowd as Behemoth I think. But hopefully the whole tour will be announced Tuesday and resolve this guessing.

Steev
12-02-2013, 06:52 AM
Last years Decibel Tour played a venue in Philly that holds about 200 less(estimated) than the one headliner Cannibal Corpse has been playing at least since the early 2000's

So no idea what this will do, both Carcass and Black Dahlia Murder have headlined the larger venue so we'll see

Bengals279
12-03-2013, 08:22 AM
Damn. For some reason I thought the announcement would be today. Now I have to wait until Friday :(

anomynous
12-06-2013, 08:08 AM
http://www.metalsucks.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Decibel-Magazine-Tour-2014.jpg

Tues, March 18 Orlando, FL @ The Beachum Theater
Wed, March 19 Atlanta, GA @ Masquerade
Fri, March 21 Dallas, TX @ Prophet Bar
Sat, March 22 Austin, TX @ Mohawk
Mon, March 24 Phoenix, AZ @ The Press Room
Wed, March 26 San Francisco, CA @ The Regency Ballroom
Fri, March 28 Vancouver, BC @ Commodore Ballroom
Sat, March 29 Seattle, WA @ Showbox Market
Sun, March 30 Portland, OR @ Roseland Theater
Wed, April 02 Denver, CO @ Summit Music Hall
Fri, April 04 Minneapolis, MN @ Mill City Nights
Sat, April 05 Chicago, IL @ House Of Blues
Sun, April 06 Columbus, OH @ Newport Music Hall
Mon, April 07 Pittsburgh, PA @ Stage AE
Tue, April 08 Toronto, ON @ Sound Academy
Wed, April 09 Montreal, QC @ Metropolis
Thu, April 10 Boston, MA @ Paradise Rock Club
Fri, April 11 New York, NY @ Best Buy Theater
Sat, April 12 Philadelphia, PA @ Trocadero Theatre
Sun, April 13 Silver Spring, MD @ The Fillmore

Bengals279
12-06-2013, 08:14 AM
God fucking damnit. I was really hoping for this tour. Fucking shit

Steev
12-06-2013, 08:19 AM
Bigger venue than last years, really wanna see this

Wrecking Crew
12-06-2013, 08:32 AM
Figures they have a 2 day break between Portland and Denver and still aren't stopping in Boise when they will have to be driving through it. Now to decide between Seattle and Portland.

adamclark52
12-06-2013, 08:46 AM
Sound Academy, nooooooooooooooooooo.

smearCampaign
12-06-2013, 08:56 AM
Wow. Austin, but no San Antonio or Houston date. That's a change from the previous Decibel tours.

mankvill
12-06-2013, 09:01 AM
goarsh dernit

Ommie
12-06-2013, 09:02 AM
Well that blows.

AnataFan4Life
12-06-2013, 09:08 AM
Whoever routes these tours should be shot

Sepultura69
12-06-2013, 09:20 AM

Very nice! The observatory is less than ten minutes away from my house, not to mention thats where they had last years Decibel tour as well. Mark my words, this show will sell out faster than flies on shit. Last years decibel show sold out on my date, this will be no different. I will be purchasing about 4-5 tickets for this show. One for myself, and the other four to scalp. LET THE HATERS HATE. :cool:

infinitydeth
12-06-2013, 09:30 AM
Very nice! The observatory is less than ten minutes away from my house, not to mention thats where they had last years Decibel tour as well. Mark my words, this show will sell out faster than flies on shit. Last years decibel show sold out on my date, this will be no different. I will be purchasing about 4-5 tickets for this show. One for myself, and the other four to scalp. LET THE HATERS HATE. :cool:

Not sure if it will sell out fast. Remember how slow the trobadour show sold out and this venue is twice as big. Ticket prices are also higher if that counts.

elturtleboy
12-06-2013, 10:04 AM
Not sure if it will sell out fast. Remember how slow the trobadour show sold out and this venue is twice as big. Ticket prices are also higher if that counts.

Those sold out right away! Ill see if theres any left by Feb. If so ill go cause its the day before my bday

justinm4bama
12-06-2013, 10:10 AM
Fuck yeah!!!!

anomynous
12-06-2013, 10:12 AM
I was hoping for a KC show because I would drive to that, not really sure I want to drive to Chicago for this

christopher
12-06-2013, 10:54 AM
Damn. I'm going to be camping the week they come here. Oh well.

dcmetal108
12-06-2013, 10:59 AM
It's a Sat night! BRB SCREAMING LIKE A GIRL!

AnthG
12-06-2013, 11:06 AM
Sound Academy, nooooooooooooooooooo.

Yes sir.

I didn't realize Carcass had this kind of draw though. I doubt the bigger venues on here that hold 2,000+ will be packed to the tits or anything, but I guess the reunion thing is paying off.

adamclark52
12-06-2013, 11:08 AM
I'm going to have to choose between this and Nile because I'd have to miss work for both within two weeks. And I'm still leaning towards Nile. I've seen Carcass and they're amazing, and I think they'll be back again some day. And the touring package is obviously way better. But Nile, who knows if they'll even be let over the border this tour. So I have to see them when I can. It's a really tough choice.

Another case of so many great shows within weeks of one another followed by (probably) a dry spell for a few months.

adamclark52
12-06-2013, 11:11 AM
Yes sir.

I didn't realize Carcass had this kind of draw though. I doubt the bigger venues on here that hold 2,000+ will be packed to the tits or anything, but I guess the reunion thing is paying off.

The Opera House was packed to the rafters when they came in 2008 but isn't the Sound Academy at least double the size? I'd think the Phoenix would've been a better suit, for so many reasons.

AnthG
12-06-2013, 11:32 AM
I think Sound Academy holds about 3,200 (so, more than triple the size), but I think that's including the balcony and other VIP areas that are closed off for most shows. I also think that's if it's packed to the tits, which i'm sure it is when it's a dance club, but they usually have some floor space occupied for merch stands and stuff.

Still, even for metal shows that aren't completely sold out and jammed, it's almost impossible to move around or see when it gets crowded near the stage.

Wrecking Crew
12-06-2013, 12:12 PM
Can anyone who has been to the Best Buy theater in NYC say what the average time the headliner hits the stage is? I am pondering an NYC trip to see this and Godflesh but might not be able to get to the theater until about 10:30pm.

Steev
12-06-2013, 01:00 PM
Can anyone who has been to the Best Buy theater in NYC say what the average time the headliner hits the stage is? I am pondering an NYC trip to see this and Godflesh but might not be able to get to the theater until about 10:30pm.

Only time I ever went was that 25th Roadrunner show, that didn't even start til 10

IrritatedTrout
12-06-2013, 02:06 PM
10 consecutive shows at the end of the tour? Might be rough for Carcass.

mankvill
12-06-2013, 02:17 PM
I'm going to have to choose between this and Nile because I'd have to miss work for both within two weeks. And I'm still leaning towards Nile. I've seen Carcass and they're amazing, and I think they'll be back again some day. And the touring package is obviously way better. But Nile, who knows if they'll even be let over the border this tour. So I have to see them when I can. It's a really tough choice.

Another case of so many great shows within weeks of one another followed by (probably) a dry spell for a few months.

If you were anywhere other than Canada, I'd smack you

W0unds
12-06-2013, 02:38 PM

That is a really tough call man.

I would probably do the same as you and catch Nile, simply due to the rarity of their Canadian appearances.

Gorguts are headlining at the Wreckroom with Origin on December 17 if you wanted to catch them. It is unlikely they will be playing here a third time in less than a year.

adamclark52
12-06-2013, 03:21 PM
That is a really tough call man.

I would probably do the same as you and catch Nile, simply due to the rarity of their Canadian appearances.

Gorguts are headlining at the Wreckroom with Origin on December 17 if you wanted to catch them. It is unlikely they will be playing here a third time in less than a year.

Gorguts is a big seller for me to got to the Decibel show too, but again the show on the 17th is a fucking work night.

If I was in my twenties I wouldn't care but I have kids, bills and a mortgage. Missing one night of work not only costs me the price of the ticket but the three hundred dollars I don't get if I don't go in. I've been lucky this year that everything's been on a Friday.

adamclark52
12-06-2013, 03:21 PM
Gorguts is a big seller for me to got to the Decibel show too, but again the show on the 17th is a fucking work night.

If I was in my twenties I wouldn't care but I have kids, bills and a mortgage. Missing one night of work not only costs me the price of the ticket but the three hundred dollars I don't get if I don't go in. I've been lucky this year that everything's been on a Friday.

I should just quit my job and sell my kids to gypsy's.

Coma323
12-06-2013, 03:47 PM
I would have never guessed this to be at the Paradise. Don't care about TBDM but Carcass and Gorguts hell yeah!

PVH5150
12-06-2013, 03:58 PM
I really hope the Paradise show sells out within a week & then gets bumped up to the HOB.

Alduin
12-06-2013, 04:47 PM
Last time I saw Gorguts it was at Sound Academy and it was fuckin mindblowing

Beagle
12-06-2013, 05:22 PM
Welp, Denver here I come. I do love that venue!

Coma323
12-06-2013, 05:41 PM
I really hope the Paradise show sells out within a week & then gets bumped up to the HOB.

I don't.

DementedX14
12-06-2013, 05:55 PM
It's a Sat night! BRB SCREAMING LIKE A GIRL!

:dance::dance::dance:

If there is one show I need to see next year this has to be it!

Natrlhi
12-06-2013, 06:12 PM
If you were anywhere other than Canada, I'd smack youI don't follow your logic here. Just being from Canada is a good reason to be smacked.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
12-06-2013, 06:33 PM
Looking forward to finally seeing Carcass. Couldn't give a rat's ass about the other bands.

dcmetal108
12-06-2013, 08:01 PM
Looking forward to finally seeing Carcass. Couldn't give a rat's ass about the other bands.

but....but.....but......

EVERYONE LOVES THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER!

mankvill
12-06-2013, 08:17 PM
but....but.....but......

EVERYONE LOVES THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER!

people who don't love black dahlia murder:

1. hate them because of the crowd they attracted in 2006
2. think they play deathcore which couldn't be further from the truth
3. just doesn't like really goo melodic death metal

hb420
12-12-2013, 10:37 AM
This really could have had the possibility of besting the 2012 line up had it not been for the inclusion of black dahlia murder. It's horrible Gorguts has to open for them. :flame: Reminds me Napalm Death opening for Devildriver. I've seen BDM twice once in 2008 and the other headlining over Nile in 2012. Both times have been other garbage. I'd say they definitely started out as a deathcore band and slowly evolved to a type of Hardcore influenced melodic death metal. What decibel should have gotten if it was at all possible was Autopsy in BDMs spot or move Gorguts up and place Hail of Bullets in the 2nd spot.

Datjazzfusion
12-12-2013, 10:40 AM
This really could have had the possibility of besting the 2012 line up had it not been for the inclusion of black dahlia murder. It's horrible Gorguts has to open for them. :flame: Reminds me Napalm Death opening for Devildriver. I've seen BDM twice once in 2008 and the other headlining over Nile in 2012. Both times have been other garbage. I'd say they definitely started out as a deathcore band and slowly evolved to a type of Hardcore influenced melodic death metal. What decibel should have gotten if it was at all possible was Autopsy in BDMs spot or move Gorguts up and place Hail of Bullets in the 2nd spot.

Autopsy never tours so that is illogical. They do west coast dates at most, or festival one offs.

hb420
12-12-2013, 10:48 AM
Autopsy never tours so that is illogical. They do west coast dates at most, or festival one offs.

Yeah that's what I remember hearing, but I also remember Z Chris stating in a interview a year or so ago that to never say never regarding touring. They'd love to do more of it, they just don't have the time. That's why I stated if it was possible at all they'd be the best match for this tour.

justinm4bama
12-12-2013, 12:37 PM
people who don't love black dahlia murder:

1. hate them because of the crowd they attracted in 2006
2. think they play deathcore which couldn't be further from the truth
3. just doesn't like really goo melodic death metal

I use to hate this band but I have to say I was impressed with their last album when I heard blast beats :D

slapguitarer
12-12-2013, 12:39 PM
I use to hate this band but I have to say I was impressed with their last album when I heard blast beats :D

But they have blast beats on most of their records... :confused:

mankvill
12-12-2013, 01:01 PM
But they have blast beats on most of their records... :confused:

And that brings it full circle. Most people dislike Black Dahlia because of some weird negative connotation they've associated with them without actually giving them a chance.

John The Drummer
12-12-2013, 01:09 PM
BDM has never impressed me very much. Ive tried to force myself to enjoy them, but I dunno. They'll have some cool parts, but then go into something mediocre and off.

Would love to see this show though :D

detuned
01-17-2014, 11:16 AM
Your Regional Openers for the 2014 Decibel Magazine Tour Are… (http://www.decibelmagazine.com/featured/your-regional-openers-for-the-2014-decibel-magazine-tour-are/)

mankvill
01-17-2014, 11:18 AM
Maruta, Derketa and Coke Bust are the only ones I've heard of, but they're all really good.

John The Drummer
01-17-2014, 12:41 PM
Wish my work internet didn't block so I could see :(

detuned
01-17-2014, 01:07 PM
Maruta
Tues, March 18 / Orlando, FL @ The Beacham Theater

Gog
Mon, March 24 / Phoenix, AZ @ The Press Room

Bastard Feast (formerly Elitist)
Sun, March 30 / Portland, OR @ Roseland Theater

Vimana
Wed, April 02 / Denver, CO @ Summit Music Hall

Murmur
Sat, April 05 / Chicago, IL @ House of Blues

Derkéta
Mon, April 07 / Pittsburgh, PA @ Stage AE

Die Choking
Sat, April 12 / Philadelphia, PA @ Trocadero Theatre

Coke Bust
Sun, April 13 / Silver Spring, MD @ The Fillmore

elturtleboy
01-17-2014, 01:18 PM
FL/MD dudes, If you're going DON'T MISS MARUTA/COKE BUST

justinm4bama
01-17-2014, 01:27 PM
Lucky fucks in Pittsburgh get Derketa! Speaking of hottest chicks in metal ;)

GarageMetal468
01-17-2014, 04:05 PM
Who the fuck is Murmur?

slapguitarer
01-17-2014, 04:18 PM
Who the fuck is Murmur?

http://www.cvltnation.com/murmur-stream/

LogicBomb
01-17-2014, 04:21 PM
Who the fuck is Murmur?

An awesome prog-jazz not really black metal anymore band. They're just released a new album. Here's (http://www.invisibleoranges.com/2014/01/32484/) a great song.

Most of the regional openers for this tour are actually pretty good, which I find legitimately shocking. Too bad they seemingly didn't get anyone for NY.

GarageMetal468
01-17-2014, 04:28 PM
An awesome prog-jazz not really black metal anymore band. They're just released a new album. Here's (http://www.invisibleoranges.com/2014/01/32484/) a great song.

....no thanks. Now, why are they opening for Carcass?

dcmetal108
01-17-2014, 08:35 PM
Who the fuck is Murmur?

That's what I was wondering, I was hoping for maybe something like Enabler or even far off maybe Macabre.

LogicBomb
01-17-2014, 09:43 PM

They're on Season of Mist, same as Gorguts. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if Luc Lemay asked if they could play, he seems to be pretty attentive to underground stuff like this.

GarageMetal468
01-17-2014, 10:34 PM
That's what I was wondering, I was hoping for maybe something like Enabler or even far off maybe Macabre.

They should've just got Bones and make everyone happy.

They're on Season of Mist, same as Gorguts. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if Luc Lemay asked if they could play, he seems to be pretty attentive to underground stuff like this.

That does make a lot of sense, actually.

kalfitegrdan
01-19-2014, 10:38 PM

Yeah, this. I listened to their new album a few days ago and it's definitely not my thing. Bones would have been perfect.

justinm4bama
02-13-2014, 08:39 PM
A few pretour dates I've found.

TBDM with Noisem: 3/16 - Birmingham, AL - Zydeco

TBDM, Gorguts, and Noisem: 3/17 - Jacksonville, FL - Jack Rabbits

christopher
02-28-2014, 01:23 PM
Nausea added to Santa Ana show.

GarageMetal468
03-01-2014, 05:12 AM
Nausea added to Santa Ana show.

Yeah Chicago got jipped.

AnthG
04-02-2014, 08:42 AM
Toronto show on Apr. 8th was moved to Opera House. I might actually go now.

Steev
04-10-2014, 07:23 AM
Just got free tickets to the Philly day, so that's a win