PDA

View Full Version : Iron Maiden gigs in 2014

PowerMaiden
11-26-2013, 10:11 AM
Maiden will be headlining one of the nights at the massive Rock Am Ring and Rock Im Park Festivals in Germany between Thursday June 5 and Monday June 9. The other headliners are Metallica, Kings of Leon and Linkin Park. Tickets go on sale Wednesday November 27th.

For ticketing and other details click here.

There will be more information and further announcements very soon… watch this space... that’s all we can say for now!

http://www.ironmaiden.com/first-news-for-2014.html

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

DisposableJustice
11-26-2013, 11:56 AM
I'm assuming it will just be a standard show with all the hits because they just got done with their history tour and unless I'm blind they aren't working on a new album

ravenheart
11-26-2013, 12:48 PM
Oh look, and there's the other Sonisphere UK headliner.

It's almost like the Sonisphere promoters can only get two bands to ever play their events...

ravenheart
11-26-2013, 12:50 PM
I'm assuming it will just be a standard show with all the hits because they just got done with their history tour and unless I'm blind they aren't working on a new album

Pretty sure they're planning on a new album next year.

Travis The Dragon
11-26-2013, 03:02 PM
I'm willing to be it will similar to the pre-Dance Of Death and pre-Final Frontier tours and they'll do a new song as well as various songs from all eras. Or maybe we'll get super lucky and they'll have a new album out in May or so. On the past 2 albums, didn't it only take them just a few months to write and record them? Well, if they start work on a new album after Christmas, they could have it all written and recorded by March and release it some time in May or June and then tour for it. Anything is possible at this point.

PowerMaiden
11-26-2013, 03:07 PM
The new album will come only in 2015.

What the setlist will be ... maybe a mix of your bassic Maiden classics and most popular live selections of the NPFTD, FOTD, X Factor and V11 era

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

IrritatedTrout
11-26-2013, 05:29 PM
Lots of speculation it will have a 90's focus or just a mixed setlist a la Give Me Ed in 2003. I won't be doing the Germany gigs but I can't wait for more announcements to find out where I'll be seeing them in Europe next summer.:party:

ravenheart
11-27-2013, 02:27 AM
Pretty sure I won't see them. If they stick to the assertion that they're only going to play festivals, it's more or less a guarantee they won't be playing any festivals I'd consider attending. If they play a few arena shows, then I might catch one of those.

I would certainly welcome a set with a '90s persuasion.

IrritatedTrout
11-27-2013, 07:01 AM
They will surely play their own shows in between the festivals.

PowerMaiden
11-27-2013, 07:16 AM

yep , my wallet doesn't want them to tour N.A. next year though ...

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

ravenheart
11-27-2013, 08:21 AM

If they do, I'm sure I'll end up on a trip to see them somewhere. If not, I probably won't see them at all.

Travis The Dragon
11-27-2013, 12:12 PM
I'm going to make an official prediction that they will start to work on a new album after Christmas and will do 1 new song on the tour and then release the album late next year or early 2015.

Dextrimental
11-28-2013, 08:07 AM
It's almost like the Sonisphere promoters can only get two bands to ever play their events...

Or the Sonisphere promoters only care to book metal bands that will sell out the event. Metallica and Maiden together alone is enough to shift the bulk of their tickets.

If Maiden hit Graspop again, I will be happy. They've done consecutive years before, and they're in the neighborhood.

ravenheart
12-02-2013, 08:49 AM
Maiden have confirmed there will be a few select arena shows.

Hopefully I'll get to one of those.

Sonisphere UK confirmed.

IrritatedTrout
12-02-2013, 09:51 AM
http://www.ironmaiden.com/maiden-summer-2014-tour--headline-date-at-sonisphere-knebworth-.html

Maiden England again. :( I was really hoping the tour would have a 90's theme. At least they are changing the setlist. Going by the official press release, they will do 22 shows and end in England at Sonisphere. I hope to do one or two in May or early June. Norway would be great.

Maideneer
12-02-2013, 10:13 AM
By changing the set list do they mean removing Seventh Son for Wrathchild? :)

ravenheart
12-02-2013, 10:55 AM
Don't think it'll really be a Maiden England set, even if the poster says Maiden England 2014. That statement suggests it's just going to be an '80s hits setlist + Fear of The Dark.

Doesn't sound like it'll be very interesting.

IrritatedTrout
12-02-2013, 07:54 PM
It'd be nice if they threw in some interesting but not over the top stuff like Where Eagles Dare, Die with Your Boots On, or Murders in The Rue Morgue.

Maideneer
12-02-2013, 08:12 PM
Or something totally not over the top like Deja-Vu! :lovedup:

Sanitarium78
12-03-2013, 05:47 AM
Or something totally not over the top like Deja-Vu! :lovedup:

That will never happen. If Maiden doesn't play the song when they tour for that particular album, it means it will never be done. At least that's the tradition they've kept for many years now.

Maideneer
12-03-2013, 06:54 AM
That will never happen. If Maiden doesn't play the song when they tour for that particular album, it means it will never be done. At least that's the tradition they've kept for many years now.

http://img.pandawhale.com/43553-Maurice-Moss-It-Crowd-Nevermin-JVtb.gif

IrritatedTrout
12-03-2013, 07:59 AM
Couple of festival announcements due tomorrow that could have Maiden on them. I wish they would hurry up and announce their own headlining shows. I may be in Korea from like 10 June to August so I only have a small window of opportunity for gigs and the waiting drives me nuts. :snivel:

Wrecking Crew
12-03-2013, 08:35 AM

It's a bad tradition. I thought their selection of songs off of Final Frontier for that tour was awful, it was like they intentionally didn't play most of the good ones. Never mind all the back songs from the '80s that people would like to hear.

ravenheart
12-04-2013, 03:23 AM
Couple of festival announcements due tomorrow that could have Maiden on them

Hellfest was obviously one of these.

Greenfield in Switzerland was the other.

IrritatedTrout
12-09-2013, 02:36 PM
http://www.ironmaiden.com/tourdates.php

Couple more dates. I've booked a refundable room in Nijmegen for Fortarock if I decide to hit that one up. I'm still hoping for some arena shows to do though.

ravenheart
12-09-2013, 04:01 PM
Yeah, got to be arena shows for me. I'm not interested in that FortaRock line-up, and stadiums are out, if they play any of those.

IrritatedTrout
12-09-2013, 04:30 PM
Yeah, there are still like 11 bands to be announced for Fortarock but the lineup isn't amazing or anything. I'm just in it for Maiden though. The date is one of the few that may work for me, the festival is a single day, it's downtown, and there's no camping so that takes care of a lot of the pain in the ass logistical issues if you are coming from overseas. I may end up scuttling it if I can get in a few arena dates or I may even do it with a couple of other shows depending on the cost of flights and things. They need to hurry up and announce their own shows though, I know they can't give away the festivals in one go but I'm sure by now they must have the contracts signed for the arenas.

ravenheart
12-10-2013, 02:33 AM
Next date out. Headlining the metal day of the Bravalla Festival in Norrkoping, Sweden on June 26, with Trivium, Bring Me The Horizon, We Came As Romans, and Of Mice And Men.

IrritatedTrout
12-10-2013, 05:16 AM
Fuck, things aren't looking good for Norway at the beginning of the tour then. :snivel:

Travis The Dragon
12-10-2013, 01:03 PM

Sadly, that's the tradition they've kept since The Number Of The Beast. They played a few songs off of TNOTB when Bruce first joined the band when they were touring a little bit before the album came out. Maybe on their final, farewell tour, they'll surprise us, but I'm not holding my breath for that.

ravenheart
12-12-2013, 01:37 AM
Next dates out.

Headlining CopenHell Festival (not quite) in Copenhagen, Denmark. June 11.

Headlining Rock In Idro Festival, Bologna, Italy. June 1.

IrritatedTrout
12-12-2013, 01:57 PM
Not doing Italy but Copenhell looks like a really cool festival, too bad it's too late in the month for me to attend. :hmm:

ravenheart
12-16-2013, 08:14 AM
July 3, Main Square Festival, Arras, France.

IrritatedTrout
12-16-2013, 09:22 AM
As far as I know, that is the last of the fests that Maiden are currently rumored for. I hope we get some arena shows soon. A couple of other developments:

-Word is that the tour may start in Belgrade and Budapest.
-Contrary to initial reports, it is now believed that no Norwegian promoters have been in contact with Maiden's booking agent.
-The largest promoter in Greece has issued a statement that the Roger Waters concert last July would be the last big concert in Greece due to the financial crisis.

Time will tell.

ravenheart
12-16-2013, 02:42 PM
I don't care about any of that ;)

IrritatedTrout
12-16-2013, 09:07 PM
What country would you go to for an arena show? Because it seems that a fair amount of them should be in the East.

ravenheart
12-17-2013, 01:39 AM
What country would you go to for an arena show? Because it seems that a fair amount of them should be in the East.

To be honest, all the countries I'd consider seem to now have festival shows on the tour.

Finland and Belgium still don't have anything. But yes, I'd now expect the arena shows to be in places like Russia.

IrritatedTrout
12-17-2013, 05:19 AM
There's a rumor for an arena gig in Antwerp, Belgium but we'll see. There's also Ireland which is a possibility.

ravenheart
12-17-2013, 05:44 AM
There's a rumor for an arena gig in Antwerp, Belgium but we'll see. There's also Ireland which is a possibility.

If the Antwerp show is true, I expect that'll be my one, since I have a friend who lives about 60 miles from there.

Butcher of Birth
12-19-2013, 05:28 PM
Booked my ticket for Copenhell. I'm trying to figure out what other bands might drop in as Bodom and Behemoth have Euro runs that Summer too.

IrritatedTrout
12-19-2013, 07:47 PM
If they do start in Eastern Europe I'm strongly considering visiting Kiev before the shows.

Derelict
12-20-2013, 03:18 AM
If they do start in Eastern Europe I'm strongly considering visiting Kiev before the shows.

Nice! Jealous

IrritatedTrout
02-10-2014, 04:46 AM
New dates! Goddamn finally!

MAY 31 Fortarock Festival, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
JUNE 1 Rock In Idro, Bologna, Italy
JUNE 3 Budapest, Hungary
JUNE 5 - 9 Rock Am Ring / Rock Im Park, Germany
JUNE 8 Brno, Czech Republic
JUNE 11 Copenhell, Denmark
JUNE 12 - 14 Greenfield Festival, Interlaken, Switzerland
JUNE 13 - 15 Nova Rock Festival, Nickelsdorf, Austria
JUNE 16 Sofia, Bulgaria
JUNE 20 HellFest, France
JUNE 27 Bravalla Festival, Sweden
JULY 3 Main Square Festival, Arras, France
JULY 4 - 6 Sonisphere Festival, Knebworth, UK

I'll be in Budapest!:party: Still not sure what else I'm doing but I'm hoping for a couple of arena shows before Nijmegen to do as well.

ravenheart
02-10-2014, 07:09 AM
Where's that goddamn Antwerp date?

IrritatedTrout
02-10-2014, 07:54 AM
:lol: May turn out to be a false rumor but I would bet there would be an arena show somewhere in Belgium. I would imagine before Nijmegen or before Arras would make the most sense logistically. If it was before Nijmegen I'd go.

The intial press release states they will be playing 22 shows so we need 8 more. There's a rumor for Azkena Rock Festival in Spain on June 21st.

IrritatedTrout
02-10-2014, 07:56 AM
Booked my ticket for Copenhell. I'm trying to figure out what other bands might drop in as Bodom and Behemoth have Euro runs that Summer too.

There's a pretty good chance I might be joining you in Copenhagen if the shows before Nijmegen aren't of interest to me. ;) It looks like a great city.

ravenheart
02-10-2014, 08:04 AM
:lol: May turn out to be a false rumor

I'm holding you entirely to blame if it is.

IrritatedTrout
02-10-2014, 08:49 AM
Understood. ;) I would imagine an Irish show would be likely at some point as well but that's just speculation.

Derelict
02-10-2014, 09:53 AM

This is looking like less of a good idea haha.

Wrecking Crew
02-10-2014, 09:54 AM
Seeing them in Interlaken would be awesome, it is one of the most beautiful areas in the world. Unfortunately I can't afford to go there right now but you traveling people should check it out.

IrritatedTrout
02-10-2014, 10:09 AM
This is looking like less of a good idea haha.

Haha it is. It's still a possibility for me as the situation appears to be somewhat stabilized. But it could get worse at any time so I'm not quite sure what I'm gonna do. If only Yanukovych would resign. :tongue:

Maideneer
02-10-2014, 10:14 AM
Seeing them in Interlaken would be awesome, it is one of the most beautiful areas in the world. Unfortunately I can't afford to go there right now but you traveling people should check it out.

I went to Interlaken for my honeymoon, and on day 2 I did a white-water rafting trip. During a calm portion of the trek, I looked up on the level ground and saw all these metalheads walking by and I said WTF?! Then I remembered Greenfield Festival was going on. I was so pissed, but then I looked at the price and I lol'd. Besides, the line-up sucked that year...Bleeding Through, Coheed, Hatebreed, HIM, Heaven Shall Burn, Juliette Lewis, Hot Water Music, Porcupine Tree, Rammstein, Dillinger Escape Plan, The Hives, The Used, Danko Jones, Subway To Sally...ugh, all terrible. The only halfway decent band was Eluveitie but I wasn't gonna skip out on my new wife to go see this haha.

ravenheart
02-10-2014, 10:20 AM
I would imagine an Irish show would be likely at some point as well

Those are no good to anyone ;)

IrritatedTrout
02-10-2014, 08:08 PM

It does look fantastic.

I went to Interlaken for my honeymoon, and on day 2 I did a white-water rafting trip. During a calm portion of the trek, I looked up on the level ground and saw all these metalheads walking by and I said WTF?! Then I remembered Greenfield Festival was going on. I was so pissed, but then I looked at the price and I lol'd. Besides, the line-up sucked that year...Bleeding Through, Coheed, Hatebreed, HIM, Heaven Shall Burn, Juliette Lewis, Hot Water Music, Porcupine Tree, Rammstein, Dillinger Escape Plan, The Hives, The Used, Danko Jones, Subway To Sally...ugh, all terrible. The only halfway decent band was Eluveitie but I wasn't gonna skip out on my new wife to go see this haha.

Yeah, the lineup for this year is pretty awful too. :lol: Was Interlaken well-connected to the major cities?

Butcher of Birth
02-10-2014, 10:31 PM
Trying to convince Haley to allow me to hit Budapest as we will be in Olso during that time. Ugh, let me get some more Maiden in please!

ravenheart
02-11-2014, 01:38 AM
:lol: May turn out to be a false rumor but I would bet there would be an arena show somewhere in Belgium.

You know what's really ironic? If the Maiden show in Antwerp does get announced, I agree it's most likely to be before the Nijmegen one. That week my friend from Belgium, who I would in theory go to the Antwerp show with, will be in London :lol:

IrritatedTrout
02-11-2014, 04:19 AM
Trying to convince Haley to allow me to hit Budapest as we will be in Olso during that time. Ugh, let me get some more Maiden in please!

Oslo sounds pretty cool. Are you visiting any other cities?

You know what's really ironic? If the Maiden show in Antwerp does get announced, I agree it's most likely to be before the Nijmegen one. That week my friend from Belgium, who I would in theory go to the Antwerp show with, will be in London :lol:

And then you'll have to go to Ireland instead.;)

Maideneer
02-11-2014, 06:27 AM
Yeah, the lineup for this year is pretty awful too. :lol: Was Interlaken well-connected to the major cities?

Definitely not. I flew into Geneva and then proceeded to take a very long train ride into Interlaken. Unbelievably picturesque especially as you approach the city, as you are completely level with and literally right on the banks of one of the lakes. Basically it's a decent length train ride to anywhere, Geneva, Bern, Zurich especially. Bern was AWESOME though. Interlaken is your most quaint and cozy ski/resort town, and with a few English pubs to boot.

I also happened to go during the World Cup and during the first group stage game when Switzerland beat Spain 1-0...I was at the Hooters in Interlaken for the first half :lol: and into a public plaza with a gigantic screen and beer for the 2nd half. When SWI scored their goal in the 2nd half...THE PLACE WENT FUCKING BANANAS, especially as Spain turned out to be the champs that year.

God I miss Switzerland. Interlaken is so worth it.

IrritatedTrout
02-11-2014, 07:28 AM
Yeah, I'd love to visit Switzerland. I look at photos and I can't help but think that god or whatever cosmic deity there may be certainly favors those lucky enough to be born Swiss. :lol:

Butcher of Birth
02-11-2014, 07:20 PM
...whatever cosmic deity there may be certainly favors those lucky enough to be born Swiss. :lol:

:lol: Those wacky bankers with their ski slopes!

ravenheart
02-12-2014, 04:12 AM
July 1 - Esch-sur-Alzette, Luxembourg - Rockhal

Maideneer
02-12-2014, 05:43 AM
Luxembourg is gorgeous too wow! Skip Switzerland and head to the Duchy! And to do the non-capital city in that tiny country is balls, no doubt attracting the French, Belgian and German folks...smart. Max. capacity is 6,500, so if you wanna see Maiden up close, this is the place to do it!

I would live in Luxembourg if I could, that place is like heaven to me.

IrritatedTrout
02-12-2014, 07:39 PM
I would kill for that to be a month earlier. Would be so awesome.

IrritatedTrout
02-16-2014, 12:10 PM
MAY 31 Fortarock Festival, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
JUNE 1 Rock In Idro, Bologna, Italy
JUNE 3 Budapest, Hungary
JUNE 5 - 9 Rock Am Ring / Rock Im Park, Germany
JUNE 8 Brno, Czech Republic
JUNE 11 Copenhell, Denmark
JUNE 12 - 14 Greenfield Festival, Interlaken, Switzerland
JUNE 13 - 15 Nova Rock Festival, Nickelsdorf, Austria
JUNE 16 Sofia, Bulgaria
JUNE 20 HellFest, France
JUNE 24 Poznan, Poland
JUNE 26 Bravalla Festival, Sweden
JUNE 28 Bergen Calling, Norway
JULY 1 Luxembourg Rockhal
JULY 3 Main Square Festival, Arras, France
JULY 5 Sonisphere Festival, Knebworth, UK

Bergen and Poznan added. 5 more shows to go.

TonyD
02-16-2014, 09:57 PM
No US I suppose

DisposableJustice
02-16-2014, 09:59 PM
No US I suppose

ya, very sad

but maybe next year with a new album in tow....

IrritatedTrout
02-17-2014, 04:02 AM
Next year for sure.

Butcher of Birth
02-17-2014, 11:13 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/1780703_10152269661758115_173206663_n.jpg

See you if I see you! Gonna be a great Summer!

But yes, US next year, and if Florida is a spot you are all welcome.

ravenheart
02-20-2014, 09:12 AM
Belgrade June 17. Ghost opening.

IrritatedTrout
02-20-2014, 02:35 PM
It would be cool if Ghost opened most of the non-festival shows. I know you don't agree. ;)

If nothing has changed and the December press release is still accurate then that is the last of 6 new countries they will visit this year that they didn't play in last year. So no Ireland in that case. Things may have changed though. 4 more gigs to go if the count of 22 is still accurate. Spain has to be one, or possibly two. I would think other contenders would be Belgium, Portugal, or maybe Finland.

ravenheart
02-21-2014, 04:54 AM
I'd be amazed if they didn't play the Hartwell Arena in Helsinki, or a Finnish festival.

And Ghost can fuck off ;)

MetalIsArt
02-21-2014, 06:20 AM
I'd be amazed if they didn't play the Hartwell Arena in Helsinki, or a Finnish festival.

They will. Listened to them us, and as with many "new" metal bands, totally not impressed.

ravenheart
02-21-2014, 06:23 AM
Oh hey, Belgium, are you FortaRocking?

MetalIsArt
02-21-2014, 07:26 AM
Oh hey, Belgium, are you FortaRocking?

That might just be ;)

Who knows? :allan:

IrritatedTrout
02-23-2014, 06:12 AM

Well, they seem to not be playing the same cities this year as they did last year. Plus the gig in Finland didn't sell amazingly well or anything last year. But you would think they'd get a show somewhere.

ravenheart
02-23-2014, 06:56 AM
There are plenty of popular destinations in Finland as far as bands are concerned. Tampere, Oulu, Seinajoki, etc. I'm surprised there are the crowds in those places, but bands keep going there, so maybe they'll hit one of those.

I'm less concerned about a Belgium show now, so you and your false information are off the hook on that one ;)

MetalIsArt
02-23-2014, 08:37 AM
There are plenty of popular destinations in Finland as far as bands are concerned. Tampere, Oulu, Seinajoki, etc. I'm surprised there are the crowds in those places, but bands keep going there, so maybe they'll hit one of those.

I'm less concerned about a Belgium show now, so you and your false information are off the hook on that one ;)

:bouville:;)

ravenheart
03-04-2014, 01:27 AM
Luxembourg show moved to the Rock-A-Field festival grounds in Roeser, and Ghost opening.

Thoroughly disappointing way to start the day.

Two shows in Spain confirmed:

May 27 - Barcelona - Palau San Jordi
May 29 - Bilbao - Bizkaia Arena

IrritatedTrout
03-04-2014, 05:09 AM
Fucking horseshit way to start the day. I almost wish I could not go to this show now but the plans are set in stone. 6k intimate club to a muddy festival field. What a motherfucking joke. This will be the first time I've ever said this, fuck Maiden. Or fuck Rod more correctly.

IrritatedTrout
03-04-2014, 05:13 AM
FC trip is refundable if you're no longer interested by the way.

ravenheart
03-04-2014, 05:44 AM
FC trip is refundable if you're no longer interested by the way.

Yeah, I had an email about it. Not that I'd be likely to cancel anyway, but the Rob Zombie show and flights aren't refundable, so I've got to go anyway.

I'm disappointed with them. If they wanted to satisfy the demand for tickets they should have just booked a second date at the same venue for later in the tour. The new venue is only twice the capacity of the old one, it would only have take one more date to make the same number of tickets available. They/Rod have this obsession these days with bigger shows being better, so they're always looking to book bigger venues rather than multiple dates in smaller ones.

They should have realised that a lot of people are going to this show BECAUSE it's small. Their own fan club are doing a trip there for that reason, for Christ sakes. Not to mention people will have booked hotels near the original venue by now, and will now have to work out transport to an entirely different town on the day.

What I have heard is that there's going to be a "golden circle" type deal down the front, for all the people with Rockhal tickets. All the extra tickets are going to be non-golden circle.

IrritatedTrout
03-04-2014, 06:14 AM
Yeah, I got an email from the promoter that said that all those with Rockhal tickets would get exclusive access to the front of stage area. I don't know why they couldn't have booked a second show on June 30th. Yes, the previous show in Bergen is far away but they would have had the 29th off to get there. They should have either had two nights or announced the date at this festival site from the beginning. How you can advertise an FC trip heavily on the fact that it's the smallest gig on tour and then move the venue and double the capacity is beyond me.

I'm trying to make the most of it. The show will still be great and I enjoy Ghost. Hopefully it'll be a nice sunny day to enjoy the Luxembourg countryside. But there's no denying that it's very disappointing. It simply can't compare to a small, special indoor gig. Sucks.

ravenheart
03-04-2014, 06:34 AM
Agreed. Or played there after Sonisphere UK. Could be that part of the agreement for Sonisphere is that it's the last show of the tour maybe, but whatever, there are points in the tour where another LUX show could have been put in. Like either side of the Hellfest show.

I'm also a bit pissed that those new Spanish dates get Anthrax, and we have to put up with Ghost. They are available for that date though, so maybe they'll get added.

IrritatedTrout
03-04-2014, 07:15 AM
I just hope it isn't a muddy mess after the festival the weekend before.

ravenheart
03-04-2014, 07:22 AM
I just hope it isn't a muddy mess after the festival the weekend before.

Which festival is that?

IrritatedTrout
03-04-2014, 07:38 AM
Rock-A-Field.

ravenheart
03-04-2014, 07:41 AM
Oh, that's a festival? :eyes: I thought it was the name of the venue...

IrritatedTrout
03-04-2014, 07:52 AM
Yeah, the gigs at the site where that festival takes place. June 27 to 29 this year I believe.

IrritatedTrout
03-10-2014, 09:57 AM
Sahg, Kvelertak, and Ghost confirmed as support in Bergen. Pretty cool.

I really hope they announce the last two dates soon. Hartwall Arena in Helsinki would be great on 6/22. It would give me a perfect excuse to give Luxembourg a miss because I'm stubborn and still not over it. :lol:

ravenheart
03-10-2014, 10:09 AM
*sigh* I'd love Sahg in Luxembourg. Won't happen though, they're clearly local support for Norway only.

IrritatedTrout
03-10-2014, 12:04 PM
I had never heard them before today but I looked them up and they sound pretty cool.

ravenheart
03-10-2014, 03:10 PM
They're awesome. It's all about Thomas Tofthagen on guitar, he's superb. And also in Audrey Horne, who are incredible live.

IrritatedTrout
03-18-2014, 07:50 AM
The new banner on the homepage makes it seem like that's it for this year. So it looks like two originally planned gigs must have fallen through. I'll give it one more week before I buy my flights to Europe. Not a particularly great routing schedule this year, and only 1 in 5 gigs is indoors. I guess that's what you get when a tour is on it's 3rd straight year. :lol:

IrritatedTrout
04-23-2014, 07:26 PM
Blaze Bayley announced to perform at a Maiden after-party in Bergen a few hours after Maiden finishes. Stoked, I've never gotten the chance to see him before.:D

IrritatedTrout
05-27-2014, 07:57 AM
http://maidenrevelations.com/2014/05/25/maiden-revelations-in-barcelona-live-feed/#more-4546

Live updates from the Barcelona show tonight.

DisposableJustice
05-30-2014, 11:42 PM
For those attending the show in England, you get a nice "2 for 1".....

Iron Maiden’s Bruce Dickinson to Fly in Air Show at 2014 Sonisphere Festival

Iron Maiden vocalist Bruce Dickinson can do everything. When not recording music or filling arenas around the world, the man tackles business ventures, practices fencing, fills millions of pints with ‘Trooper’ ale and flies planes. Piloting Iron Maiden’s ‘Flight 666′ is extremely impressive, but it’s just been revealed that Dickinson will take part in an upcoming air show during this year’s Sonisphere festival, with Iron Maiden headlining that very same night!
Yes, Bruce Dickinson will be piloting an airplane for a full-on air show. Along with nine other members of the metal legend’s pilot group, the Great War Display Team, Dickinson will fly for an event recognizing the 100th anniversary of the start of World War I. Even more fascinating, the voice of Iron Maiden will pilot a replica of the Red Baron’s famous fighter plane.
“We’re planning an extravaganza of derring-do, especially when you consider the maneuvers we’ll be performing are all based on true-life battles from a hundred years ago,” says Dickinson in a statement. “What some of these fighter pilots achieved back then was nothing short of miraculous given the conditions they were working under and the seriousness of what was at stake. We hope to stage a memorable display which is equally entertaining and poignant, celebrating not only the bravery and heroics of all the pilots involved but remembering the sacrifices made on both sides.”
“We all got very excited when Iron Maiden approached us with this idea,” says Sonisphere festival organizer Stuart Galbraith. “It’s going to be a truly unique experience and tribute for everyone at Knebworth. We’ve made sure we were able to squeeze a gap into the outdoor stage program on July 5 so that it has the impact it deserves.”
The display will last for 12 minutes and is set to take place on July 5 at 6PM. Iron Maiden will later cap off the night with a headlining set, officially finishing the band’s incredible ‘Maiden England’ world tour.

Read More: Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickinson to Fly in World War I Air Show | http://loudwire.com/iron-maiden-bruce-dickinson-fly-air-show-2014-sonisphere-festival/?trackback=tsmclip

http://loudwire.com/iron-maiden-bruce-dickinson-fly-air-show-2014-sonisphere-festival/

TonyD
06-02-2014, 10:17 AM
Please don't die in a war plane reenactment, Bruce Bruce.
Now that I think of it, he should dogfight against Paul Di'anno.