PDA

View Full Version : Manowar US Tour

Spiner202
11-25-2013, 04:38 AM
MANOWAR Announce U.S. Dates For “Kings Of Metal MMXIV” World Tour

The power and persistence of the American Manowarriors has prevailed!

In celebration of the 25th anniversary of Kings Of Metal, MANOWAR announce the U.S. leg for their “Kings Of Metal MMXIV” World Tour:

Friday, February 7, 2014 - Royal Oak Theatre - Royal Oak, MI
Saturday, February 8, 2014 - Concord Music Hall - Chicago, IL
Sunday, February 9, 2014 - Mill City - Minneapolis, MN
Thursday, February 13, 2014 - The Masquerade - Atlanta, GA
Saturday, February 15, 2014 - House Of Blues - Houston, TX
Sunday, February 16, 2014 - House Of Blues - Dallas, TX
Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - Ogden Theatre - Denver, CO
Thursday, February 20, 2014 - Regency Theatre - San Francisco, CA
Saturday, February 22, 2014 - Fox Theatre - Pomona, CA

Tickets will go on sale on November 29, 2013 (Black Friday).

"We are excited to tour on American soil again! Our American fans have loyally stood with us, united as one. Many of them have traveled across the continent and even to Europe to celebrate with us. These shows will be unforgettable, massive feasts of True Metal with everyone’s favorite MANOWAR hymns!" said bassist Joey DeMaio.

As a tribute to the special anniversary, MANOWAR will perform the full “Kings Of Metal MMXIV” album along with a "best of" set of other immortal metal hymns.

Too bad they aren't really playing that many dates. Since Chicago is on a Saturday it's a maybe for me. Hopefully tickets don't sell out right away.

Maideneer
11-25-2013, 04:54 AM
I will never ever see this band due to the sheer cost. It's always at least $75 around here, and that's just silly. Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Van Halen, and any other classic band you can think of for the most part are all less.

Onioner
11-25-2013, 05:15 AM
I will never ever see this band due to the sheer cost. It's always at least $75 around here, and that's just silly. Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Van Halen, and any other classic band you can think of for the most part are all less.

Yep. Kings of Metal is a seriously badass album and all, but Manowar is not worth paying $75 a ticket at all.

Steev
11-25-2013, 05:52 AM

THIS, when I saw Metallica it was like 50 bucks(before surcharges mind you), seriously this band basically "tours" every couple years in that they do a handful of shows in the same cities they always play and have tickets be stupid expensive.

I wonder if they still do that shit where they ridicule people in Metallica shirts.

IrritatedTrout
11-25-2013, 06:48 AM
Manowarriors!

:lol:

justinm4bama
11-25-2013, 10:23 AM
Well, damn! I wanted to go, but the tickets are $75. I guess I'll pass.

MPF
11-25-2013, 10:41 AM
MN prices

75 in advance
100 at the door

Hahahaha no thanks!

sfhui
11-25-2013, 11:11 AM
Pomona show list on ticketmaster: $75 plus Fee $18.6 fuck that's expensive

why this band always have ticket price like they're playing arenas?

PASS!

Wrecking Crew
11-25-2013, 11:13 AM
What the hell is the full “Kings Of Metal MMXIV” album? What is the difference between that and the regular Kings of Metal album?

elturtleboy
11-25-2013, 11:24 AM
The one time I saw Anal Cunt they played Gloves Of Metal as their encore. That sure beats $75.

markrz
11-25-2013, 11:29 AM
What the hell is the full “Kings Of Metal MMXIV” album? What is the difference between that and the regular Kings of Metal album?

MMXIV (2014) hasn't been released yet. I believe they were in the studio in August/September recording it.

christopher
11-25-2013, 04:03 PM
Do they actually sell out venues at that price??

Steev
11-25-2013, 05:19 PM
Do they actually sell out venues at that price??

I'm guessing no, about 12 years ago they played one of the smaller clubs in Philly, and I don't think they've been back since

dcmetal108
11-25-2013, 09:18 PM
Chicago show is 1600 person capacity and pre sale tickets are like $84 after tax. FUCK THAT!

justinm4bama
02-13-2014, 04:45 PM
From the Masquerade in Atlanta:

Due to the severe weather of the past few days and the State of Emergency declared by President Obama and Governor Deal, The MANOWAR show scheduled for tonight will not take place. That is the bad news.
The good news is that MANOWAR has agreed to return to play a rescheduled show on Wednesday, November 12th!
All tickets for today’s show will be honored for the November show, so hang on to them! If you know that you can’t attend you may obtain a refund at the point of purchase.
We are sorry for any difficulty, but hopefully now everyone will get to see the show we have been waiting for for so long.
- THE MASQUERADE

PVH5150
06-24-2014, 06:52 AM
Nov. 12 - Atlanta, GA (Masquerade)
Nov. 16 - Royal Oak, MI (Royal Oak Music Theater)
Nov. 19 - Pittsburgh, PA (Altar Bar)
Nov. 21 - Cleveland, OH (Agora Theater)
Nov. 22 - Sayreville, NJ (Starland Ballroom)

ravenheart
06-24-2014, 06:57 AM
Obviously never been to any of them, but aren't all those venues really small?

smearCampaign
06-24-2014, 07:29 AM

I've been to Royal Oak Music Theatre, it's about 1500-ish.

ravenheart
06-24-2014, 07:45 AM
I've been to Royal Oak Music Theatre, it's about 1500-ish.

Not so bad then.

I just looked up Altar Bar in Pittsburgh. It's less than half that.

TheWildAndTheYoung
06-24-2014, 07:51 AM

Never been, but my my parents say the Masquerade holds about 1,200-1,400 people.

Maideneer
06-24-2014, 07:52 AM
Nov. 12 - Atlanta, GA (Masquerade)
Nov. 16 - Royal Oak, MI (Royal Oak Music Theater)
Nov. 19 - Pittsburgh, PA (Altar Bar)
Nov. 21 - Cleveland, OH (Agora Theater)
Nov. 22 - Sayreville, NJ (Starland Ballroom)

Another Ray Charles itinerary. Let's go all the way across the country north, back southeast, head west, and then all the way back east again to the coast.

justinm4bama
06-24-2014, 07:55 AM
Another Ray Charles itinerary. Let's go all the way across the country north, back southeast, head west, and then all the way back east again to the coast.

SignoftheHammer
06-24-2014, 09:34 AM
Got my ticket to the Cleveland show, my fourth Manowar show:party::party::party:

christopher
06-24-2014, 10:10 AM
I was told that they announced they would at two nights in Pomona, CA on the next tour because they were so happy with the last show there.

dcmetal108
06-24-2014, 04:19 PM
They also have a date here booked sometime in Nov.

dcmetal108
06-25-2014, 08:55 AM
11-15-2014 Chicago, IL Concord Theater

Pre-sale tickets are $84.50

Wrecking Crew
06-25-2014, 09:23 AM
11-15-2014 Chicago, IL Concord Theater

Pre-sale tickets are $84.50

They better be playing a 2.5 hour set for that price but I'm sure they won't.

John The Drummer
06-25-2014, 10:08 AM

Manowar/Immortal played at a fairly small venue here in Seattle YEARS ago! I didn't go, obviously, but I was surprised when I heard about it.

dcmetal108
06-25-2014, 10:24 AM
They better be playing a 2.5 hour set for that price but I'm sure they won't.

Nope. I'm guessing an hour or so.

aerodynamics
06-25-2014, 01:01 PM
Manowar/Immortal played at a fairly small venue here in Seattle YEARS ago! I didn't go, obviously, but I was surprised when I heard about it.

That was at the Graceland (now El Corazon) back in 2002. A buddy of mine from Spokane went over for that because he's a gigantic Manowar fan. I remember him telling me about these crazy Norwegians wearing corpse paint and loaning me the "Sons of Northern Darkness" CD that he had bought (and I've been an Immortal fan ever since) and how LOUD Manowar were in that small club. There used to be pictures of Immortal from that show floating around on the internet, but I can't seem to find them now. I can't imagine Immortal playing a club that small here in the states nowadays. Here is a review of the show I stumbled on...

http://www.mortado.com/gravemusic/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=357:manowar-immortal-catastrophic-and-havochate&catid=46:showreviews&Itemid=76

HackedUpForBBQ
06-25-2014, 02:17 PM
11/18 Buffalo, NY at the Town Ballroom! Woo-fucking-hoo!

http://www.ticketfly.com/event/617297-manowar-buffalo/

ImmortalEmperor
06-25-2014, 02:35 PM
That was at the Graceland (now El Corazon) back in 2002. A buddy of mine from Spokane went over for that because he's a gigantic Manowar fan. I remember him telling me about these crazy Norwegians wearing corpse paint and loaning me the "Sons of Northern Darkness" CD that he had bought (and I've been an Immortal fan ever since) and how LOUD Manowar were in that small club. There used to be pictures of Immortal from that show floating around on the internet, but I can't seem to find them now. I can't imagine Immortal playing a club that small here in the states nowadays. Here is a review of the show I stumbled on...

http://www.mortado.com/gravemusic/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=357:manowar-immortal-catastrophic-and-havochate&catid=46:showreviews&Itemid=76

Yeah, I was at that show. That was my introduction to Immortal and I've been a fan ever since. Motorhead and Morbid Angel played a club downtown called the Catwalk a day or two later - needless to say, a nice week.

Spiner202
06-25-2014, 04:51 PM
Going to have to see what my school schedule looks like, but Buffalo on a weeknight or Chicago on a Saturday night are both doable if it all works out.

dcmetal108
06-25-2014, 09:47 PM
Going to have to see what my school schedule looks like, but Buffalo on a weeknight or Chicago on a Saturday night are both doable if it all works out.

Odds are Chicago will sell out in advance.

HackedUpForBBQ
06-25-2014, 10:28 PM

Odds are there will be plenty of tickets left at the door in Buffalo, ha. I'm actually kinda worried that ticket sales will be dismal, but hopefully everything will go well and the show will happen

Spiner202
06-26-2014, 04:55 AM

I was probably going to buy a ticket in September, if I go to that show. My bigger concern is that Buffalo will be cancelled the day before or something. Didn't they do that for some of the US dates earlier this year?

SignoftheHammer
06-26-2014, 06:14 AM
I was probably going to buy a ticket in September, if I go to that show. My bigger concern is that Buffalo will be cancelled the day before or something. Didn't they do that for some of the US dates earlier this year?

I know the show in Detroit got cancelled due to "breach of contract", but I also heard somewhere that ticket sales were pretty bad. I was at the Chicago show the next night though, and it was sold out. Another date on the tour got cancelled because of weather I think.

dcmetal108
06-26-2014, 07:53 AM
I know the show in Detroit got cancelled due to "breach of contract", but I also heard somewhere that ticket sales were pretty bad. I was at the Chicago show the next night though, and it was sold out. Another date on the tour got cancelled because of weather I think.

and they allowed people with Detriot tickets to come to Chicago so a bunch of people with Chicago tickets weren't allowed into the venue and they switched the venue the day before.

SignoftheHammer
06-26-2014, 08:03 AM
and they allowed people with Detriot tickets to come to Chicago so a bunch of people with Chicago tickets weren't allowed into the venue and they switched the venue the day before.

Yeah, I remember that too. People who got turned away were told to email the label and that they would be taken care of. I also remember people from Detroit who drove to Chicago got $200 of free merch, which was really cool of the band to do that!

dcmetal108
06-26-2014, 08:49 AM
I still wouldn't pay $40 to see Manowar.

markrz
06-26-2014, 08:51 AM
I probably would pay 40 to see them...but I sure as hell am not going to pay 75.

marker
06-26-2014, 09:11 AM
I still wouldn't pay $40 to see Manowar.

We really thought you were hoping for a meet and greet.

Maideneer
06-27-2014, 08:19 AM
11/14 at POP'S?! in Sauget - $75

SignoftheHammer
06-27-2014, 10:02 AM
Going to Buffalo too:D

It says they were supposed to go onsale today at noon, but it is still listed as off sale. Anyone know when the tickets are supposed to be up?

EDIT: Nevermind, link is up

justinm4bama
06-27-2014, 11:26 AM

Yeah, that was Atlanta when the whole city shut down because of weather. Glad that happened because now I can afford to go haha.

MPF
09-05-2014, 12:17 PM
Tour has been canceled so they can work on their new album....which I'm guessing will be another remake album.

Steev
09-05-2014, 02:55 PM
Tour has been canceled so they can work on their new album....which I'm guessing will be another remake album.

I was guessing tickets didn't sell and this was an excuse to back out

John The Drummer
09-05-2014, 03:16 PM
I was guessing tickets didn't sell and this was an excuse to back out

They were too busy greasing each other up that they forgot to get their backing tracks ready.

PVH5150
09-05-2014, 05:25 PM
Postponed, not cancelled.

SignoftheHammer
09-05-2014, 06:57 PM
Fucking hell, seriously? :bouville:

HackedUpForBBQ
09-05-2014, 10:10 PM
Fucking sucks but I honestly had a feeling the entire time. I bet the rescheduled tour doesn't include a Buffalo date

Spiner202
09-06-2014, 05:05 AM
Glad I didn't buy a ticket yet, but this isn't surprising at all.

dcmetal108
09-06-2014, 11:10 PM
St. Louis date was completely cancelled because of lack of ticket sales.

MetalIsArt
09-07-2014, 04:04 AM

Maideneer
09-07-2014, 06:28 AM

Maybe if they didn't charge 10% of a months rent to get in, and if it was a little more accessible by being in the city and not in Illinois, they would have a shot.

anomynous
09-07-2014, 07:04 AM

Hmmm....I'm wondering if we're apart of the same Facebook group.

P.S. It's really easy to get to Pop's, accessibility has nothing to do with it. It's just nobody actually likes Manowar. Especially in St. Louis.

PVH5150
09-07-2014, 07:08 AM
Maybe if they didn't charge 10% of a months rent to get in.

10% of a month's rent here is $185.

:eyes:

dcmetal108
09-07-2014, 08:31 AM
Hmmm....I'm wondering if we're apart of the same Facebook group.

P.S. It's really easy to get to Pop's, accessibility has nothing to do with it. It's just nobody actually likes Manowar. Especially in St. Louis.

No lol, I'm friends with the guy who books alot of the shows for the venue it was suppose to be at. He straight up said Manowar asks for WAY to much and because of their huge ticket fees almost no one had bought tickets so they cancelled the show based off low ticket sales after months.

anomynous
09-07-2014, 08:43 AM
That's interesting, because that's possibly my brother or the guy my brother works for.

They only had 44 presales when they cancelled it :allan::lol:

MetalIsArt
09-07-2014, 09:07 AM
That's interesting, because that's possibly my brother or the guy my brother works for.

They only had 44 presales when they cancelled it :allan::lol:

BLOW YOUR SPEAKERS WITH COCK & ROLL

SignoftheHammer
09-07-2014, 09:27 AM
I am a Manowar fanatic (as you can probably tell) but this is just fucking stupid. Conflicting schedules? Joey has his own damn studio and runs his own label, what could possibly be conflicting their schedule? It wasn't even a long tour, just a handful of shows spanning almost 2 weeks, they couldn't fucking wait until after that was over?

They didn't even give an apology, just said that the shows will be rescheduled. A simple "Hey guys, sorry about all of this, we know a lot of you travel to see us and spend a lot of money on our shows, but we are going into the studio to give you another kick ass album, and give you a new tour! We will also honor tickets to the rescheduled shows for the new ones" would have been good to hear. Fans who were supposed to go to the cancelled Michigan show got $200 of free merch, that is cool on their part.

This new album had better be absolutely mind blowingly brilliant to make up for this cluster fuck. The Lord of Steel was a good album, though lacked a couple of things (but that's another discussion). I still think Manowar have the capability to bring out another kick ass album, I just hope they are taking their time with this one, since the news just sort of came out of nowhere, and the way they are talking in the announcement, the rescheduled dates will be in support of this new album and gives the impression it will be out sooner than later.

justinm4bama
09-07-2014, 11:03 AM
This is the second time in a row for canceling in Atlanta. First was the ice storm, though nothing they could do about it, and now this. Sucks for people who took off work for both times.

Steev
09-07-2014, 07:20 PM
I don't think they've played in my area in like 12 years, they do North NJ a lot but to be fair that venue gets a shit load of bands who barely tour

Maideneer
09-07-2014, 08:36 PM

I guess I come from a different way of thinking I guess. My point was that if it was more in the central city, then public transit would inspire more people to attend rather than have to force people to schlep it across the river. Maybe I'm just used to driving from NY to NJ and sitting in nightmare scenarios of tolls, traffic, water main breaks (Maiden '06 Jersey), road rage, emergency vehicles, construction, etc. Maybe that's not the case here?

I'll just shut up now because I'm clearly clueless. But I'm certain a $75 ticket can't help.

anomynous
09-08-2014, 05:45 AM
I don't know if you've been there yet, but Pop's is 5 minutes from downtown. If you already have to get on the highway to go to a show, it's probably quicker to get to than Fubar or The Firebird.

On another note, Manowar were getting a door deal from Pop's.

Maideneer
09-08-2014, 06:25 AM
No haven't been yet, possibly for Carcass. Not a must see show for me, but I def. need to check out the venue, ditto for Firebird & Fubar...I'm a slow ass with shows lately.

Wow, door deal? I'd be interested to know what the split was, but anyway it's irrelevant there's no tour anyway.

HackedUpForBBQ
09-15-2014, 01:39 AM
A few days ago on my Songkick app, new Manowar dates popped up for some of the canceled US shows but it seems kinda fishy. Every single date is the same as it originally was only in 2015 instead of 2014, ie Buffalo was 11/18/14 and the new date reads 11/18/15. Buffalo, Sayreville, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Royal Oak and Atlanta are listed. I find it hard to believe these are accurate and that they would show up so soon after the tour was canceled, but if they are legit, they're gonna postpone the dates for a fucking year!?!?!? And another thing.... the Town Ballroom is still selling tickets for Manowar, like they don't even realize the tour has been canceled..... huh?

Derelict
09-15-2014, 05:20 AM
What's a door deal?

smearCampaign
09-15-2014, 05:37 AM
What's a door deal?

The band doesn't get paid a set fee, the band splits part of the total ticket sales for that show with the promoter. So, if there's a shitty turnout the venue/promoter isn't paying the band potentially more than the show actually brings in.

That's how I understand it anyway.

dcmetal108
09-15-2014, 10:42 AM
The band doesn't get paid a set fee, the band splits part of the total ticket sales for that show with the promoter. So, if there's a shitty turnout the venue/promoter isn't paying the band potentially more than the show actually brings in.

That's how I understand it anyway.

This. Apparently Manowar's asking rate is insane anyway.