Band:
Chad Kroeger - vocals/guitar
Ryan Peake - guitar
Mike Kroeger - bass
Daniel Adair - drums
Tim Dawson - guitar/keyboards

ravenheart
11-25-2013, 03:20 AM
Because I know you guys are desperate to know what they played.

Funniest moment:

Chad Kroeger: Let's make this a proper rock show! In the chorus of this next song, everybody jump and show the devil horns!
> Plays 'Too Bad'

toolfansat
11-25-2013, 04:41 AM
I know everyone hates them, but they are one of the most fun bands to see live.

How is the stage show / pyro on this tour? When I saw them on the Dark Horse tour it blew me away!

ravenheart
11-25-2013, 04:56 AM
I know everyone hates them, but they are one of the most fun bands to see live.

I'm a fan of everything except the piece of shit new album, so was looking forward to this because so many people keep saying how good they are live, but found them very, very disappointing.

Doesn't help that half the songs on their "Hits" setlist aren't hits... Or that, in truth, most of their best songs are album tracks.

How is the stage show / pyro on this tour? When I saw them on the Dark Horse tour it blew me away!

Non-existent. Literally.

Lots of lights, that's it.

AnthG
11-25-2013, 07:17 AM
I can't believe Jerry Cantrell likes this band.

ravenheart
11-25-2013, 07:47 AM

I can. They have a lot of good songs, and most people only hate them because they're supposed to. Metal fans are meant to hate Nickelback, it's one of those rules we're all supposed to follow without looking past the fluffy pop singles.

What I can't believe is that they're content pandering to pop fans when they have so many great riffs. $$, I guess.

illuminatus917
11-25-2013, 03:10 PM
Regardless of what we're supposed to hate or not hate, I know that when a Nickelback song comes on the radio I always think "this is better than everything else this station plays." So, while I'm not tremendously familiar with their catalog, I consider them one of the better mainstream bands.

The vocals are superb.

Coma323
11-25-2013, 04:06 PM
Haha my thoughts exactly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeV1tpWU7L8

AnthG
11-25-2013, 05:16 PM
I can. They have a lot of good songs, and most people only hate them because they're supposed to. Metal fans are meant to hate Nickelback, it's one of those rules we're all supposed to follow without looking past the fluffy pop singles.

Get off your high horse of "Metal fans are so narrowminded." I don't hate them because i'm supposed to, or because they aren't heavy, or because they're popular etc. etc. I hate them because they suck. Plain and simple. I've listened to a fair bit of their non-single material, and it's just as bad as their radio singles. I have no problem with a band that sonically sounds as heavy as or plays the same style as Nickelback. I'm an unabashed fan of a lot of similar sounding bands like Seether, Breaking Benjamin, Shinedown, etc. and while i'm not as big of a fan of those bands as I was say, 6-7 years ago, I still dig 'em. None of those bands are any "heavier" than Nickelback. They generally play the same style of hard rock, just write way, way better songs, with better melodies. Not to mention Shaun Morgan, Benjamin Burnley, and Brent Smith are far superior vocalists than Chad Kroeger.

Dextrimental
11-25-2013, 05:20 PM
I'd totally hit this if it came to Ireland. Nickelback get a bad rap, but I dig 'em. Decent setlist.

ravenheart
11-25-2013, 05:52 PM
Get off your high horse of "Metal fans are so narrowminded." I don't hate them because i'm supposed to, or because they aren't heavy, or because they're popular etc. etc. I hate them because they suck. Plain and simple. I've listened to a fair bit of their non-single material, and it's just as bad as their radio singles. I have no problem with a band that sonically sounds as heavy as or plays the same style as Nickelback. I'm an unabashed fan of a lot of similar sounding bands like Seether, Breaking Benjamin, Shinedown, etc. and while i'm not as big of a fan of those bands as I was say, 6-7 years ago, I still dig 'em. None of those bands are any "heavier" than Nickelback. They generally play the same style of hard rock, just write way, way better songs, with better melodies. Not to mention Shaun Morgan, Benjamin Burnley, and Brent Smith are far superior vocalists than Chad Kroeger.

Sure dude, sure. Shinedown's Disney Metal is waaaay better than Nickelback's :tp: They're both boring live, it turns out. Although I was very surprised to find Shinedown pull way more corny bullshit in their shows. I honestly expected Nickelback's chart success to have turned them into the cheesier ones, yet not a rose in sight.

Also, when I said "most people" hate them because they feel they're supposed to, which is absolutely true, why did you immediately put yourself into that category when your tastes weren't even the subject of discussion? Or feel that because you're an example to the contrary, that makes the description of the majority somehow incorrect?

ravenheart
11-25-2013, 05:59 PM
I'd totally hit this if it came to Ireland. Nickelback get a bad rap, but I dig 'em. Decent setlist.

Actually surprised this tour isn't coming to Ireland? Didn't think much of the setlist at all personally. Meant to be a "hits" set, yet half those songs a nowhere near "hits", or at even significant in their catalogue, when things like Leader of Men, Never Again, Feelin' Way Too Damn Good, and Worthy To Say are all missing.

Or rather, they weren't hits here. Really, if you're a successful band across the world, you should tailor a hits set to contain the songs that were hits where you're playing. I think they only paid attention to the US and Canadian success of the songs chosen. Take 'Savin' Me'. #2 in Canada, #19 in the US, didn't even make top 50 here. Whereas 'Never Again' only got to 124 in the US and didn't chart in Canada, but was #30 here.

Still, at least they didn't play any more off the new album. That disc is horrible. Just horrible.

slapguitarer
11-25-2013, 06:16 PM
Every band mentioned in this thread sucks. Now can we all by happy?

hellawaits77ny
11-25-2013, 07:01 PM
I definitely don't listen to these guys, but I've seen them live, and they weren't bad at all. Like someone else said, it's better than most radio rock.

AnthG
11-25-2013, 07:11 PM
Sure dude, sure. Shinedown's Disney Metal is waaaay better than Nickelback's :tp: They're both boring live, it turns out. Although I was very surprised to find Shinedown pull way more corny bullshit in their shows. I honestly expected Nickelback's chart success to have turned them into the cheesier ones, yet not a rose in sight.

Also, when I said "most people" hate them because they feel they're supposed to, which is absolutely true, why did you immediately put yourself into that category when your tastes weren't even the subject of discussion? Or feel that because you're an example to the contrary, that makes the description of the majority somehow incorrect?

I didn't realize I commented on either band's live performance. I thought I was talking about the quality of the music both bands make. I haven't seen either band live.

And while I won't deny that there are people out there who hate Nickelback for the hell of it, I feel you're trying to tell yourself that that's the only way anyone could hate the band, and not because they, I don't know, actually dislike their music. And you probably only feel that way because you're a fan of them yourself, and feel the need to defend them or something so you tell yourself that a band you like only has detractors because they feel that have to be detractor, not because they genuinely dislike the music.

TheWildAndTheYoung
11-25-2013, 07:28 PM
I use to be a semi-Nickelback fan, but have grown to dislike them.Don't hear them much on rock radio here, but they're top 40 hits are no doubt better than everything else that charts these days.Skillet is a far superior band IMO, I've seen live videos of them and it's nothing but a pyro-fest, how were they this show?

YippiCola
11-30-2013, 10:13 AM
I'm a fan of everything except the piece of shit new album, so was looking forward to this because so many people keep saying how good they are live, but found them very, very disappointing.

Doesn't help that half the songs on their "Hits" setlist aren't hits... Or that, in truth, most of their best songs are album tracks.

my thoughts exactly.
(except for having found them disappointing as I didn't make it to their show here. but after seeing that setlist, I don't even really regret it.)

Dextrimental
11-30-2013, 10:29 AM
Actually surprised this tour isn't coming to Ireland? Didn't think much of the setlist at all personally. Meant to be a "hits" set, yet half those songs a nowhere near "hits", or at even significant in their catalogue, when things like Leader of Men, Never Again, Feelin' Way Too Damn Good, and Worthy To Say are all missing.

Or rather, they weren't hits here. Really, if you're a successful band across the world, you should tailor a hits set to contain the songs that were hits where you're playing. I think they only paid attention to the US and Canadian success of the songs chosen. Take 'Savin' Me'. #2 in Canada, #19 in the US, didn't even make top 50 here. Whereas 'Never Again' only got to 124 in the US and didn't chart in Canada, but was #30 here.

Still, at least they didn't play any more off the new album. That disc is horrible. Just horrible.

Yeah, the new album got one listen from and it's unforgivable :lol:

Last time they played here was '08, they did a place called RDS Simmonscourt. Basically a big shed, not a good venue, but holds around 2,500 - 4,000. It sold well, but I think Nickelback want to play here in the o2 without a big touring support, and promoters just aren't doing it because it won't sell that well. We'll probably get a date in the next couple of years. I hope we do, anyway. Don't care enough about them to travel, but I do want to see them.

sc666
11-30-2013, 01:41 PM
just curious but how many people were at the show?

PowerMaiden
11-30-2013, 07:29 PM
a Nickelback setlist, c'mon guys... put that in the general chat please

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

El Gordo
11-30-2013, 08:36 PM
a Nickelback setlist, c'mon guys... put that in the general chat please

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

The hell you say!

There are guitar riffs with heavy distortion, while manly vocals are applied... how can it not be metal? Surely you must have clicked the incorrect hyperlink!

PowerMaiden
11-30-2013, 08:45 PM
how can it not be metal?

:lol:

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

TheNobleFaceHumper
12-01-2013, 07:15 PM
Rockstar

Probably my least favorite song ever recorded, ever.